Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Despairing possibilities ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime. Read and review and I don't own Yu-gi-oh. The day when I owned them, Yami would be dead and Yugi would turn into a different person. Just joking!!. Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------
Chapter 4: Despairing possibilities
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

~Kaiba~

'Kaiba, please keep these with you...', said Yugi as he handed the sennen tauk and eye to the bespectacled Kaiba. 'What the... what are you thinking? It's okay when you asked me to keep the rod. Even though I didn't really believed in it, the rod chose me as the keeper. But why did...'

'There's no time to explain!! I had to go somewhere else after this, but I have to make sure that at least these two sennen items are safe in case something happened to me...'

'What do you mean? Would something bad happen to you? Where are you going?', cried Kaiba. Yugi started to fidget but the sennen tauk suddenly glowed bright. He immediately took the tauk back as he gasped. 'What is it, Yugi? What were you worried about? Tell me!!' Yugi shook his head. 'I'm not sure... And just in case, keep this!!', said Yugi as he took out his deck and took out the Obelisk card. He placed it on Kaiba's hand. 'I knew that you'd take care of it. At least if something really happened to me, not all three of the God cards would be lost...', said Yugi again as he left in hurry.

'Matte... Yugi!!', cried Kaiba in vain as Yugi disappeared from view...

I should have guessed something was wrong when he said that. I could have stopped him!! Or better, I could have followed him. That way, at least he would have someone to back him up.

I pulled the car to a stop as we reached another traffic light. Damn, why the traffic had to be so slow at this time!! Yugi might be in danger at this time! I glanced on my sennen rod on the dashboard. Somehow, I got the feeling that I had to use the power anyway to save Yugi. Yeah, I know that me and him were not so close. He had his own set of friends to go about. Especially that one nameless so-called duelist called Jyounouchi. Even in a millennia, I would never liked him. But his sister was kinda cute...

Eh? I shouldn't be thinking of that at this time. I took out the God card that I had once owned. God of Obelisk, the stone giant. In a million years, I never thought I would find out more that I should when I acquired this card. Never did I imagined that the old memories of three millennia would resurface from the back of my mind with it. And like it or not, I found a friend in him... again, like Isis said it has once been between the pharaoh and the high priest from the stone tablet. Yugi, don't fail me...!

'Yesterday, Yugi told me something...'

I looked sideways to where Anzu was sitting. 'He told me that he was having strange dreams about the pharaoh. He was troubled, as the dream might told him about the unknown mysteries of the sennen puzzle. Of whether he was really the reincarnation of the pharaoh, of his aibou. And he was worried if he would ever retrieved the lost memories...', said Anzu as she trailed off towards the moving traffic. The red light changed green as I turned left towards the museum. It's stupid, I thought. He'd probably went there to find out about his past, even if it was dangerous...

'Foolish!! Why did he was so overwhelmed by that? Even if I myself was eager to know why did my soul was trapped inside the sennen ring, I don't want to know how I died during that time. At least, not that badly...', said Bakura as he started to get into my nerves. 'Shut up, you twit!! You're getting on my nerves!!!', I said grumpily. To top it off, the maniac laughed!! The nerves...

'Hahahaha... I knew it that you liked him!! Even when you blabbed about taking revenge on him for defeating you, you liked him!!! Muahahahah!!', taunt the maniac again. Pish, you asked for it! I took a sharp turn to the left as the passengers were thrown sideways. Ah, the jackal screamed. He had hit his head on the window, hard!! Hah, that should teach him not to mess with me...

'Seto!! I'll kill you for this!!', cried Bakura as he massaged the lump on his head... -_-##

**

Yugi tried to move his arm free but the chains prevented him to do anything. He tried looking at his back to see what was summoned monster behind him. And he saw it as he realized that it was a zombie warrior.

'Aibou, take over me... now. If you used your powers to summon a monster, perhaps we could escape!!', said Yugi calmly (or at least he tried to be) as Yami glanced at him. Yami nodded as they immediately switched. The puzzle glowed as Yami took over. The dark mage, who had been luring them towards here was apparently surprised.

'It's seems that you had now able to unlock the sennen puzzle's dark powers, is it dear prince? Or should I say... pharaoh?', snarled the dark mage as he loomed closer. Yami was startled. He knows who I was?, he thought as Yugi nodded. 'Yes, Yami... In my last dream, I saw him trying to get you. Probably wants to kill you...', said Yugi as he started to sway. Yami glanced worriedly at his hikari. 'Aibou!! Are you okay!!?', he cried. Yugi shook his head. 'Don't worry about me. Just don't let him get you and the sennen items!!'

'Oh..!!', gasped Yami as he remembered that he still had the sennen puzzle, tauk and the two God cards on him. Right, I should not let him take them.., he thought as he started focusing his powers. The dark mage suddenly stopped in his tracks as he noticed Yami's actions. Yami looked up as he cried, 'Black Magician Girl!! Shoukan!!'

Immediately, the puzzle glowed brightly and Black Magician girl emerged by his side. Yami swerved as Black Magician girl attacked the zombie warrior. The zombie warrior countered but perished later as Black Magician girl was a lot more powerful than it. The zombie's sword flung towards Yami but he tactfully repositioned himself so that the sword hit the chains instead. The chain holding his right arm dented and Yami pulled hard until the chain broke. He cried in pain as he felt his wrist broken. He leered towards the black mage hatefully.

'Who are you..? What do you want from me?', barked Yami as the mage laughed maniacally.

The mage glared at him with glee. 'You don't remember me? So, it's true what the rumors said. You had no recollections of your past memories... three million years ago. How interesting...' Yami frowned as the mage drew closer. 'I want your sennen puzzle and... the sennen tauk.', said the mage as he noticed the glint of tin metal on Yami's neck. 'And don't even tried smashing the puzzle again because I already knew that trick...'

Smashing the puzzle? Would something happen if I smashed the puzzle to pieces?', thought Yami, baffled as he ordered Black Magician girl to stand guard. Yugi frowned as he stood beside his yami. An idea struck him suddenly as he turned towards Yami. 'Mou hitori no boku, you had to duel with him!! That's our only way out!', cried Yugi. Yami glanced at him, puzzled.

'Duel? Are you sure, aibou? I don't want to risk you life... if we dueled with him, you might be hurt. This is the dark game we're talking about!'

'Yes, I'm sure. I had this thought... someone had told me that...' Yami nodded as he too felt the same way. He stared towards the mage. 'Stop right there, nameless mage!! I challenge you to a duel!!'

**

The Kaiba Corporation limousine swerved to a stop as as they reached the museum. Anzu, Seto, Bakura and Shadi dashed towards the museum with Seto in the lead, as he ordered for the museum admin to let them in. As they entered, the four of them dashed towards the Egyptian exhibit...

**

~Kaiba~

We dashed towards the location of the ancient tablet, but Yugi was not there. I was devastated to the point of breaking. He must have been here, I felt him. And I felt the dark powers growing powerful. I turned to face the others. Yes, I'm not wrong. Shadi and Bakura were restless. They'd probably felt the intense dark powers too. This was the same feeling as the time when Malik and Yugi were dueling with each other using the dark game. So that means Yugi was dueling with the enemy using the dark game!!

'He was here...'

I turned my glance towards Bakura. 'What do you mean?! Of course, he was here!! But the question is... where?!!', I shouted at him as my anxiety grew intense. Bakura looked up towards me but his eyes revealed neither hatred nor irritation. 'I knew that... look at this!', he said as I looked down to where he was showing. His sennen ring had glowed bright. And the ornamental pieces of the ring was pointing towards one direction... the hallway on the right!!

'Okay!!', I said as all of us headed towards the hallway. I patted Bakura on the shoulder as I passed him. 'Good job!', I said as I thought I saw a sincere smile radiated from him. The four of us continued running. And my rod started to glow bright. He's here, I can feel it. Yugi's calling for me! Please... let us make it on time! I don't want to lose a friend when I finally realized that I had one!!

My rod glowed again and this time, I felt something flying to my hand. I stopped on my tracks. The others too. 'Kaiba, what is it?', cried Anzu as I looked at what is it that I was holding...

Obelisk?, I thought surprised as I started running again; followed by the others. Did Obelisk came out to aid me or does it felt that Yugi needs our help? I looked straight towards the opening up ahead. I'm coming... my friend!!

~Bakura~

I saw Seto looking at the card on his hand before running off again. We followed him. I felt strange suddenly. When the guy patted my shoulder just now, it felt so good. I never thought being a nice person could feel so great!

/I told you../

/Shut up, Ryou.. I was thinking to myself!!/ Nevertheless, maybe I had the same feeling
too towards the pharaoh and his light. Probably that's the reason why I was feeling sincerely hurt when both of them treated me unfairly this morning...

Aah!! Let's focus on this matter first!!
**

KABOOOM!!
The foursome stopped on their tracks as they reached the chamber, full of dust and smoke as the explosion occurs. Bakura looked around as the chamber had been turned into a vast dark realm. 'Perfect for dueling and summoning larger monsters..', drawled him as Anzu hushed him up. The smoke slowly cleared as a shadow of a black dragon loomed into view. And then, they saw it...

Several distance from them, Yugi fought to stay upright as Black Magician girl stood in front of him to protect him. Meanwhile, Red Eyes Black Dragon slowly dissipated into thin air as it was finally defeated by the giant five-headed dragon, summoned by the dark mage.

Yugi suddenly coughed out blood as he collapsed on the floor. Frantic for his safety, Anzu called out his name...

**

~Yami/Yugi~

I stood frozen as Red Eyes Black Dragon vanished in front of me. Black Magician stood firm as she noticed me weakening and took my arm to support me. I coughed out blood as the energy was drained out of me. I collapsed.

/Yugi!!/ Suddenly, I heard somebody calling me... Minna, forgive me...

'Master, are you well? Can you summon you magic again?', asked Black Magician girl as I shook my head. 'I could try... but I don't know if I can..'

Suddenly the enemy laughed heartily. 'Hahaha... you're mine. As well as the sennen items! Prepare to die!!', he said as the five-headed dragons started to attack again. No, if I don't do anything... we'll perish here!! The dragon had summoned the flames.... I'd die for sure! But, Black Magician girl immediately wrapped her arms around me.

'Black Magician girl!! What are you doing? Let go!!', I cried, panic was in my voice. 'My powers was unable to defeat the dragon... but I have enough to keep you alive!!', she said as the flames grew closer...

'Black... Black Magician girl!!'

KABOOOM!! I closed my eyes, unable to witness Black Magician girl sacrificing her life for me. But then, I still felt her holding me. I opened my eyes to find her equally surprised. Both of us looked towards the dragon to find Obelisk standing guard before us. I was surprised.

'Yugi...!!', cried someone as I turned around to look. Kaiba, Bakura, Shadi and Anzu rushed to my aid. Kaiba stopped at my side as he spat. 'You stupid!! Don't you dare run around endangering your life like this ever again!!', he barked as he used his rod to break the other chain that was holding my other hand.

'Gomen nasai..., minna!!', I gasped as Seto looked away towards the enemy. The dark mage gasped in surprise as he saw Kaiba in front of him.

'CURSE YOU... SETH!!'


[TBC]

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------
az: It seemed that I had used a lot of PoVs in this fic, spare Shadi. Heck, how in the world could I write it... I dunno how his mind works!!