Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Unexpected Confessions ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Nowbegin the second u-turn in the story... and I promised to not telling a lot of ED spoilers.... okay?

A/N by Az: And ehem... really, I've always wondered this, why is it when an author had finished his/her fic and a reader read it after that... why are those people NOT BOTHER to write a single review?!!! (Oh gawd!!! I'm about to be crazy....!!!) Really, you know... we authors (I say, ALL since we're NOT writing all those fics for money!) tend to have this craving about getting reviews... coz it gives us the satisfaction that someone out there who have read these fics is appreciating what we had wrote!! Or else we'll end up feeling maltreated and worthless... Hey, not only hikaris feel depressed, we too!! At least, to all those readers out there who read fics... please... PLEASE... give your reviews!! Even if it's bad. (Applies to all authors. Not just me.) This is not Mediaminers where even if you don't review, we'll know that someone read our fics... (Geesh... I sounded like Onizuka-sensei...)

Onizuka: [Special Appearance] Well,... hmm... hmm... you do have a point on that...

az: Well, I've tried brute force, bribe... everything!! Wanna me to beg? Already done that too...

Seto: *gasped* Az... for all of us... don't do that!! And special thanks to our devoted supporter, StarlitePhoenix... (Did I spelled this right?) I know that az once told you that those frequent reviews on the same chapters are like stalking... but actually... she really... REALLY... apreaciated everything...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own the anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'll be joining the Pop idol contest... Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.


Chapter 16: Unexpected confession

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani @ Yami_Azzie

Seto ruffled Yugi's hair for a minute. 'It's late... I think I should be dragging Mokuba back home now...', he said as Yugi snickered. Mokuba made a face. 'Nii-sama... it's not that late...!!', said the kid as Seto glowered at him. 'It IS....', he hissed as he dragged Mokuba off his chair. 'Thanks for the lovely lunch... aunty...', he said again as he smiled at Yugi's mother and grandfather. He caught a glance coming from Akira as he bowed at him nervously.

'We'll leave now...', said Seto politely as Yugi accompanied them. Akira merely looked at them...

**

'Well, take care...'

Yugi smiled as Mokuba jumped into the car. 'You too... And thanks, Seto-kun... for coming. I'm still having that terrible feeling again but I'll tell you later when I found out more...'

Seto smiled at him. 'You do that... and ask your father while you're at it. He's giving me shivers... that guy. I think he knew something... well, see you later!!', waved the lad as he drove away...

Yugi sighed as he went back to his house.

**

'Yugi... are you... fine with this?'

Yugi jumped on his toes as he closed the door opposite the living room. He turned towards his mum. 'What... mama, what are you talking about?', gasped Yugi as he realized that his grandpa and father had left the room. Iria pulled her son closer to her as she embraced him lightly. 'Your father... is it too hard on you, bringing him to meet you after all this time? I don't want to make you sad...', she said as she kissed his forehead.

'No... mama, I don't blame you...', said Yugi as he pulled away from his mum. 'I'm just afraid...', said Yugi as his mother looked at him in surprise. 'What were you afraid of, my dear? There's nothing--'

'I've always thought... that father don't want to see me. That he doesn't love--'

Iria immediately hugged him tight. 'It's not like that!! Papa loves you so much... it's just, things happened... we just can't avoid it..', gasped the woman as Yugi shook his head, pulling away. 'It's okay... mama!! I just received a shock, considering me just coming back from the hospital and all. I'll try getting along with him, I promise... mama!!', cried Yugi as he kissed her mum's cheek.

Yugi smiled at her reassuringly as he dashed towards the stairs.

--

--

Yugi sighed. I've said so, but really... can I do it? Papa was giving me a bad feeling... and it's not just about the fact that he had only come to meet me now. I've had this dreadful feeling... that he came now not only to visit, but bringing a bad tiding. And about Ishizu-san's word telling me about the founding of the tomb, does this had to do with papa?

Yugi hit himself against the door as he realized that he had arrived at his room. To his surprise when he entered the room is finding his father inside, carefully examining his own sennen puzzle; along with Seto's rod. He gasped as he realized that Seto had left the rod with him. Akira straightened up as he heard him and proceeded to look at him.

'Ah, Yugi... I've been looking over your puzzle. I hoped you don't mind...', said the older man as Yugi stuttered. 'No... no, I--', gasped Yugi as he kept a firm grip on the doorknob behind him. Akira walked closer. 'Yugi, there's something I've wanted to tell you... and it's important for you to know it. It's started as my fault to begin with, but I hoped I could make it right again for you...'

Yugi's legs shook with fear as he wondered about that. No words came out from him as his father loomed closer. Akira pulled Yugi closer in an embrace as Yugi's heart stopped for a second. 'I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry that your life had turned haywire... I know that this was a little too late, but I hoped I can fixed it again...'

'What... are you talking about?...', gasped Yugi as he felt that there is more than regret of not being with him all this while, in his father's words. Yugi gasped as he tried to stretched his injured hand towards his father...

'Papa...?!'

**

Several days later...

Yugi entered his class silently as everyone hushed abruptly to looked at him. He blushed at the attention he received. 'Yugi.. You're back!!', exclaimed some of his friends as Yugi looked away to find Seto smiling at him. Jyounouchi came to his rescue as he pushed away some of the girls, who had just noticed that Yugi had grown a lot more handsome... ;P. (Well, he's still the world's No. 1 duelist!! Yugi: *lifted brows and blushed* No!!! It cannot be.... I'm blushing!! Don't lie, you idiot!!)

Jyounouchi winked at Yugi as he pulled him towards his own gang. 'It's fine with you, is it? I've told the guys a little bit on what had happened. And the others, about you gotten into hospital. I guessed they've exaggerated...'

Seto snickered at Jyounouchi. 'Funny, hearing that from you!! I thought you brain couldn't stomach such BIG words...', laughed Kaiba giddily as Yugi rounded his eyes on him. Jyounouchi fumed as Yugi smiled. 'It's okay... I'm a lot more better that I was before. And I guessed, I couldn't make more of my friends worry, can I?', chirped Yugi gratefully as Jyounouchi, Anzu and the others grinned.

'Well, that sums it...', said Honda as Yugi glanced at Seto secretly. He winked his eyes towards Bakura and mouthed 'Later..' as he gasped at Honda. 'Aah... yeah!! Hope we could finish this term nicely, Honda-san.. Otogi-san... minna...', he said, bowing politely as Honda, Otogi and the others looked at him sympathetically.

'Aii, yes...', said Honda, awkwardly as they took to their own seats. Kaiba managed to passed Yugi a slip of paper before he went to his desk. He received a wink from Ryou as he opened the slip of paper...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've told Bakura. We'll meet after school. I guessed that you've found out something else about that, did you? I've called on Ishizu, yesterday. Summing up on all of this, we really have a LOT to talk about together!! Later then...

P/S: Isn't your acting a little bit too perfect for you? I'm impressed!! [Insert bad drawing of Kaiba making lousy faces at Yugi]

------------------------------------------------------------

Yugi looked up towards Kaiba as he made faces back at him. Seto grinned at him as both of them returned towards their own business. But then some of his female classmates popped out from the nearby desks as he placed his injured hand on the table. 'Aah!!! Yugi-chan... how did you injured yourself?!! Poor thing....!!', exclaimed the girls as Yugi blushed at being called Yugi-chan for no reason. And since when had he been so popular among them?! He had been growing taller and looking more like his former dark since he had reached his 17th birthday last year! Don't notice...?

Or maybe because that only last week that he had encounter any kind of 'near-death' experience that these people had started to realize that I was important in their lives?, thought Yugi as he shook his head. Nah... that cannot be... It's riddiculous!! But, considering Seto, Ryou and Otogi-kun had been with us in the same class... hmm...

'You guys stay away from him!!', cried Anzu red-faced as Yugi looked at her, dumbstruck. '..he'd just came out of hospital and still so weak! Don't you guys go harrassing him!!', she cried again as the girls backed off. 'Anzu....?', gasped Yugi as he heard a soft snickering not far from him. Yugi hissed as he threw some balls of scrap papers towards Kaiba, Ryou and Jyounouchi's directions...

**

Evening after school...

'Yugi... how about going to the gaming arena with us? It's been long since we've been there, eh?', said Jyounouchi as the gang and Yugi walked out of the school building. Yugi glanced towards his friends as he remembered his arrangments with Seto. He shook his head politely. 'No thanks, later then. I got to go home. My mum and dad had wanted me to come home early today...', said Yugi as Jyounouchi's face fell.

Honda was taken aback. 'What..?! Yugi... you've always w--', he stuttered as Anzu cut him off. 'Dad?! Yugi, when did--'

Yugi smiled as his friends stared at him in confusion. 'He came a few days ago, when I had returned fom the hospital... I forgot to tell you guys.', explained Yugi as his friends gave him an amused look. 'But Yugi, you never told me you had a father...', said Otogi as Honda pushed him away. '...we had never met him before!! Yugi, are you trying to--'

'Yugi would never try to cheat us!! You bozo!!', snapped Jyounouchi as Yugi and Anzu tried to pull them apart. The shorter of them all smirked to himself at his friend's antics who were led to believe his lost of memories over his accident. 'You guys...!!', he cried as the other four of them stopped bickering.

'It's okay... don't worry about me, okay? Maybe I've hit my head too hard but... it's not like I forgot that you guys are my friends...', said Yugi shakily as he tried to ease the tension between them. At least, I won't have too feel too guilty at lying to you guys..., thought Yugi as he said again, 'Can you guys, treat me like you guys normally do? I'll be troubled if you guys treated me like I'm a very fragile person...'

Jyounouchi sighed apologetically to him. 'Sorry... we'll do that.', he said briefly. Yugi heaved a sigh of relief. 'Ja, shitsurei shimasu...', said Yugi as he dashed away. Jyounouchi-tachi merely watched him go as they themselves walked away.

'He's still like that...', sighed Honda as Jyounouchi nodded. 'Yup, but I thought... Yugi had acted like the old him before... you know, when we become good friends...', said Jyounouchi later.

Otogi sighed. 'I guess that I can't comment on that... I hadn't knew him long enough...'

Anzu smiled at the three boys. 'It's okay... like Yugi said. He probably had to adjust himself to the new situation...', she said as the three lads shrugged. 'That's why...', the three chorused together...

**

Yugi's eyes lighted as he caught up with his two friends. 'Haii... Seto-kun, Ryou-kun... have you waited long?', he cried as the limo arrived at the side of the road. Kaiba shrugged. 'Not long... I've just called on Malik and Ishizu-san. They were on their way to my place right now...', he said as Ryou-kun nodded in acknowledgement.

'So let's go!! We should let our friends waiting...', said Ryou as Yugi suddenly saw some kind of shadow crept from behind the fences. The shadow seemed like some kind of Duel Monster...

'Eh... daijoubu ne, Yugi-kun?', said Ryou suddenly as the shadow vanished. Yugi shook his head. 'Nah... nothing. Let's go...', said Yugi as the three of them left with the car. Unseen by anyone, Jyounouchi crept out from the nearby building as Honda called out for him frim the other side.

'Yeah!! I'm coming... found the pencilcase!!', he cried back as he wondered about what had he seen just now...

[TBC]


az: I'm convinced that Shadi is a ghost!! Who want to bet? And anyway... I think this fic will last until 3 or 4 more chapters... Chapter 18 had already done despite the absence of chapter 17. I'll try to write it up first to see if I can compress the three weeks story in two chapters, if I can. Or else chapter 18 will become 19 and so forth... I hoped that you guys would still love this fic as I do...

Oh yeah... I need another chapter in between this one,,,

az: And anyway... I wondered what'll Yugi call his father... He called his mum... mama... ^_^ I'll mix it around...