Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: You know... I hoped after this fic has finished or whichever of mine had done the same... You guys would still review!! I really hate it when I wrote something and don't get appreciated or whatever. In MMiners's the same... I see a lot of ppl coming to read... but review?! If I get one... I'll be very lucky. But man... it's annoying. I liked reviews.... T_T... and I'm depressed when I don't get it after... finishing the fic or chapters. Do you guys want me to beg for reviews?!!

Kaiba: No... let the mutt do it...

Jyounouchi: Hei!! I'm not a dog!!! .... okay... please review.... T_T

az: Onegai!!

A/N: To FF.net crew.... if ever you guys checked this, I'm writing this as an afternote!! Since you guys are so strict on not letting us post our notice on a new chapter... (at least we've updated.... duh!! And we've deleted the notes after that!!) How the hell we want to tell our readers when we could've been in a long hiatus?! Silly new rules.... I can't understand it now...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own the anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'll be joining the Pop idol contest...(Onizuka [<---played by Takashi Sorimachi]: Really? Az: T_T.... No!!!!! )

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi ;p


Chapter 17: The Plan

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani @ Yami_Azzie

~Jyounouchi~

...Seto-kun, Ryou-kun... have you waited long?

Yugi had addressed them so fondly. Like he hadn't lost any memories about these past years at all!! But... if so, why did Yugi have to lie about losing his memories to the rest of us? And why did he have to lie to us about his parents wanting him to go home early? Could he be... no, he wouldn't do that!! He wouldn't... to me... oh, please...

... it's not like I forgot that you guys are my friends...

No... it can't be true!! Yugi said that when all of us fussed about his condition. It's like... he's feeling... guilt...

'Jyounouchi!!'

**

[Normal PoV]

Jyounouchi looked up towards Anzu as she and the others stared at him. 'What--?! Are you still worried about Yugi? Relax... I'm sure he'll be fine..', said Otogi as a sudden flash of memory came back to Jyounouchi. He gasped.

'I... I thought I saw Yugi when I went back to class to get my pencil case.', he said as Anzu frowned. 'And what? Don't tell us that you're worried that he still hadn't returned home--'

'No. I think I saw him in pain... but then, he went back up again and continued walking--'

Honda shook his head as he managed to put things together. 'Jyounouchi.. Yugi was not the shortest of the shorty guy that you once bullied before anymore! Certainly, you worried too much...'

On hearing that, Jyounouchi relented as he hoped that he had read wrong about the scene that he had seen at school. And hoping... that the musing were never true...

**

Kaiba continued humming some kind of song under his breath as the small group of people started their discussion. Ishizu shook her head while letting Yugi finish his retelling about his father's revellations of the days before. 'I can't believe it!! But then... everything would fit in together. All the mysteries could be solved!!', exclaimed Ishizu as Yugi, Ryou and Malik looked at her in expectance. Yugi saw Kaiba still humming to himself as he hit the lad with his bag. Kaiba growled harshly at him as Yugi scowled back.

'You're not paying attention!!--', he cried as he turned away towards Malik's sister. 'Ishizu-san... what do you mean about the mysteries being solved?'

'Yeah, sister... what do you mean?', beamed Malik as his sister took out some papers and placed in on the table. 'This was all the records that I have about some incidence regarding the sennen items from two years ago. I've told my assistance to keep these information on where or who had kept the sennen items. From the origins of the items to the unknown history of the nameless pharaoh, I've kept everything...'

Malik was shocked to hear about this. He never knew that his sister had done any such records. 'But... ne-chan, why---?'

Ishizu took out several sheets of the notes before giving to the others t read. 'Well, we don't want that history be forgotten again, do we? And here...', she said as she held the papers, '..includes also the reports on Do-ma's last plot and how you guys had cracked the case, until also to the final one---' Ishizu pulled out another set of papers. '--where I wrote by myself on the day that Yugi would come to Egypt to complete his destiny...'

Yugi's face paled as he knew what it is. So, the pieces really fit in together!!, thought Yugi bitterly. The strange feeling of unreality... the return of the items and the dark presences... the gap of blank memories in between... father's unexpected accident... Yes, this is the real reality. I could remember it perfectly now... Two years ago, we had gone to Egypt for the final duel. The ceremonial ritual between me and the pharaoh to determine his fate to remain in this world or not. And I won... for I was his future and him, my past. That place where the door; or the Eye of Wedjat as it was called, laid had crumbled and the items fall into the abyss after the duel had achieved its resolution. And we got out of it before the whole place were under ruins...

'Yugi--- what's wrong?'

Yugi looked up as he saw Ishizu and the others eyeing him with worry. 'Uh.. I'm okay!! Just... feeling overwhelmed that everything fitted together. All the things that I couldn't explain to myself before... made sense now.', said Yugi as he smirked at them.

'You know, the day after Seto left my house with Mokuba, I had been thinking a lot. Not only about my sudden hunch about my suspicions about this whole adventure and also, of what my father had encountered and did; I suddenly remembered that I had once gone to Egypt. I've asked Grandpa about this, but he did not remember that he ever took me there. I know that this memory was real so I came to the conclusion that this incident where all of us that had a connection with the sennen items to forget about the events two years ago, was caused by one thing. It was the sennen powers...'

Seto was not impressed by this long speech as the others looked as if they were considering this fact. 'Yugi... you're talking bull---'

'Then explain to me now on why you finally believed in the supernaturals?! Before, you never believed it... even after what Pegasus had done to you and Mokuba-- you saw the duel and you said nothing since...', snapped Yugi as Seto was silenced. Yugi breathed in some air as he calmed himself down. 'I think... when father had started the spell that pulled back the items from the darkness, the items flew towards the designated owner... me. Well, except for the last two... and the ring. And how do you think Heishin could--'

'--come show himself in this time? Nah... I dunno. But as always, you're one to be so serious about everything...', blurted Kaiba as he grabbed Yugi's head like a doll and wrestled it. Then, Ryou started thinking more from the theory.

'Everyone... I think Yugi had a point. The sennen powers must have been involved. Because when we started talking about this, I remembered that even after everything... my other self wouldn't try to become a nice person! I think maybe, that when the items returned to Yugi, me and Shadi... it responded to our wish and created this illusions about our Yamis in existence again...', said Ryou as he heard some objections coming from his darker self...

'I... are you sure about this? Ryou-kun... this is not like the fantasy-reality video games that you often played!!', cried Malik as Ryou shook his head. 'No... since I think I remembered thinking long ago about the possibility of my other self to become friends with everyone. To give him a second chance at living... after I learned about his past history, I started to understand on why did he hated the pharaoh before...', explained Ryou as his other self calmed down.

But, some kind of understanding seemed to reach out to Yugi as he too realised something else. '--and I too, I guess... made some kind of wish like that. After we left the ruins that time, I thought I could go on without Atem. But deep inside my heart... I still felt alone and incomplete, even if he said that it was time for me to become whole again. Oh shit... I think in really, when that time... when dark Akunadin attacked me during my attempt on summoning Ra at the museum, he did killed the illusion of Atem in my heart! Then, could it be... when I was at the hospital, the reason that I've asked Kaiba to put a spell on me.. Is it because that a part of me was afraid that I would remember this---?!!'

'It's over now---', said Malik as Ryou tried to comfort the ex-pharaoh-of-3000-years-ago. (Long!! Wah!!) 'No... it's not. The sennen items are still here--!', reminded Ishizu as Rishido, who had been watching the whole scene quietly from the sides, nodded in agreement.

Kaiba suddenly laughed aloud as he slapped the air out of Yugi. 'Hohohoho-- then it's simple!! The only thing we have to do is to throw back the items to whence the came from and it's over! You know... like in the Lord of the Rings!! It's so simple... Yugi, you REALLY worried to much!!', said Kaiba haughtily as Yugi tried to stop him from making him his new punchbag.

'So... do we have to go back to the place where the Eye of Wedjat was?', asked Malik to his sister as Ryou straightened up to hear. (Yugi and Kaiba seemed very busy at the moment) Ishizu shook her head. 'No... we'll have to go to the dig site where Yugi's father found the ancient writings...'

'Why--?', asked Yugi as he and Kaiba finally stopped bullying each other. Rishido straightened up as he finally opened up his mouth to speak.'Because right after the incident of shooting star sightings coming from that place several month ago, our men had found a sarcophagus that resembled the the memory tablet, found in front of the Eye of Wedjat...'

Seto, Yugi and Ryou gaped at them in surprise as Ishizu smiled at Yugi. 'Didn't I hinted to you about the founding of that tomb, not long ago? Now you're interested..?', said Ishizu as Yugi couldn't deny any longer about the decision that he have to make...

**

Yugi looked at Kaiba with a sudden new respect as they rode on Kaiba's limo. 'Really---? Seto... you really read the Lord of the Rings?! I thought you wouldn't read such things!!', he exclaimed as Seto looked at him and Ryou irritatedly. Thankfully he didn't drive today... his driver got to do his proper job again!!

'Of course I did, moron!! Tolkien's works are so good... the hobbit characters reminded me of you ... haha... and I thought of rereading it after I had the duel with Amelda. (Seto: Weird... name's like a girl... but he's a boy!! *shrieks* Yugi: Do you had swallowed a lot of me?!! You started to act like me... Seto: Unh?!) Anyway, his deck had some monster that resembled the ones in the book. Like Balrog.... and the Fire Whip Equip card... wooh!!'

Ryou started to giggle like crazy. 'I never noticed that DM had such cards!! Whose ideas are that?!', chattered Ryou as Seto snorted. 'Pegasus... probably.... for all the copyrights violation!! I never forgive him about making the Toon Blue Eyes card in his deck!! It's driving me up to nerves!!!', he retorted in anger.

That reminded Yugi of another thing. 'Ee... Seto. Just wondered, since you were so sour about that card. I'm curious... between Blue Eyes and Shizuka-san, which do you love most?', asked Yugi mischievously as he silently felt for his newly-bought Docomo handphone. (Yugi: It's pretty neat!! Takes pictures too... the only people that knows my number was dad, Seto, Ryou and Malik. ^=^)

It seemed that Yugi hit a nerve as Seto's face turned scarlet. Ryou chuckled as Yugi took the chance to take his pictures! Yugi giggled as the picture turned out great on his screens. 'Cool!! Yugi... sent me a copy!!', exclaimed Ryou as Seto snapped out of his senses. 'Yugi---!!', he cried as Yugi immediately hid his phone.

'I know your choice. You loved 'em both!! But I still wanna send this blushing picture to Mokuba... and perhaps Shizuka-chan!!'

'No!! Yugi... you're ruthless!!'

**

After the long discussion, life was starting to become lively in Yugi's class as Seto, Yugi and Ryou acted like nothing troubling had even happened. They still went on with their act and no one from their class realised anything that was amiss. Anzu was still on and off about her dancing dreams and always alive with her friendship speeches now and then. Honda and Otogi still competed on whoever could win the heart of Jyounouchi's sister, Shizuka. Well, that ended after some more days afterwards when Miho joined in and tried to flirt with Otogi instead.

Eventually Otogi gave up on Shizuka after the girl turned up one day to visit her brother and told him that she had always thought of the lad like a brother. That made someone very happy but Otogi accepted it calmly. Since, he and Miho had started to become closer... much to Honda's chagrin over seeing his ex-crush falling over Otogi.

Gradually, even Jyounouchi forgot about his suspicions about Yugi as they went on with their lives of school and games. Until on Monday, two weeks before the end school term, someone finally revealed himself to Yugi after a long period of dissappearance as he stopped Yugi several meters from Domino High. That meeting changes everything that Yugi, Seto and Ryou had planned before...

**

'Mutou Yugi---'

Yugi turned around as Shadi emerged from behind him with the rest of the sennen items. 'Shadi---! How did---', he gasped as Shadi shove the items towards him, '---You... you knew about this from the start, didn't you--?'

One look from the man answered all of his questions...

**

Half way during two of his last classes for the day, Yugi sauntered along the corridors as he stopped in front of his own locker to get some things. He sighed heavily at the thought of his pending mission.

'It's getting closer-- wonder if I can finally tell those guys the truth?', he muttered as suddenly he noticed that his eyesight becoming blurry. No, the locker in front of him started to distort as he felt dizzy all of a sudden. 'What's this--?', he muttered as pain started to grow on his chest...

[TBC]


az: Finally!! This chappy is finish!!... the end is soon now... soon this fic will be complete. And sorry that I had to summarize the rest of the two weeks... I can't bear to make it any longer... so please review!! I want this fic and the rest of mine to continue receiving review even after its end!! (Well... not ALL. I'm not that good... some of my fics are just silly...) Ja!! And had I told anyone that I had the ONE ring from LoTR? Original!! And my sennen puzzle is almost done... heheh...

az: I've started to think that this fic is beginning to get boring… well, few reviews does make it more convincing! And I think I've even ran out of dry humor… well, I won't change the plot any longer since this one fits in everything… And I wanted to thank several authors out there whose ideas I have adapted to refit the plot to follow the end of the book…