Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a powerful thing ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sprinket: I can't believe it people reviewed!! ^_________^

Bakura: Well yeah! After all I'M in the ficcie *rolls eyes*

Ryou: What bout me they could of reviewed for me….

Sprinket: I'm sure they reviewed for you as well.

Ryou: ^-^

Bakura: will you stop with the happiness! Your making me sick!

Sprinket: *rolls eyes* *mutters* self conceited, incompetent basterd.

Bakura: Hey that sounds like your ex…..

Sprinket: *hits him over the head* retard!!

Ryou: Err…. Here's the chappie. I hope you enjoy

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryou sat alone in the bedroom holding a pillow as silent tears ran down his face. It had been almost a month since he had told Bakura how he felt.

`Does he like toying with my feelings?'

*~*~*~*~*~Flash back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A letter slid under the locked door into Ryou's bedroom. Ryou looked up from his tear stained pillow and starred at it curiously.

`What's that?' Slowly he got off the bed and hesitantly picked it up.

`It's a letter… from Bakura?!?' Quickly he ripped it open and sat down to read it.

Heyz,
E
rrrrr.....About before I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings... Honest!! I do understand you just sorta caught me off guard....

I mean I REALLY do li
ke you because your like perfect in everything.... So if your not mad at me I just want to say.... I sorta love you back.... Look I'm not really good at this so please don't hold it against me.... But I just u know... don't want you to be like... hurt I guess... but if u really hate me for this then I guess I understand I mean I've been acting like a basterd lately so... sorry.

I know
this probably won't mean anything to you because I've probably screwed things up but please don't be mad at me. If I have an angel mad at me what chance do I have left?

Bakura

Two fresh tears joined the others but these were not of sorrow but joy.

`He loves me he really does' Joy flowed right through his body as he held the letter against his heart, his eyes shone with happiness that radiated the room, and for the first time in weeks he smiled a genuine smile that was forced by no one.

He tore the door open and rushed down stairs to tell Bakura that all was forgiven when a sight made him stop and stare. All thoughts of happiness and hope drained from his brown colored eyes as he saw Isis being held in Bakura's arms as he gently rubbed her back.

`No Bakura….. It can't be..'

He quietly crept forward, each step taking a stab at his dieing heart Ryou stuck to the shadows and saw Isis was indeed been embraced by Bakura as the Yami whispered words of comfort into her ears. His heart broke into a thousand pieces and nothing else seemed to matter.

He took a shaky step back as his eyes were glazed with emotions of heart ache and betrayal. He turned around softly and walked away trying desperately to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall as a fresh wave of sorrow washed over him. His presence was left unnoticed.

*~*~*~*~*End of Flashback*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

`Was everything he said a complete lie? Does he think so little of me that he can't even face me and tell me the truth? Is that all I am to him? A complete waste of time….' A glint of gold to his right caught the depressed hikari's eye.

`My Millennium Ring….. It brought me happiness and pain in one being....'

`Bakura'

He picked up the cold piece of metal and brushed his fingers over the intricate carvings.

`I thought my reason for living was to protect my Millennium ring and provide a home and Body for Bakura… But I guess I have no reason now seeing how Bakura has his own body.'

He slowly placed the item and looked around the room and saw a portrait of his mother.

`I wonder what mum would say if she was still alive?' He reached over and softly touched the painting a small smile tugged at his lips.

`She would probably say to clean up the mess in here' he thought with a hollow laugh. `I miss her so much…' He gave a small sigh and let his hands drop away from the painting and turned away from it in dismay.

`Sometimes I'm almost glad she died, because at least she didn't have to see what a failure her son has become' he thought bitterly starring at his pale delicate hands.

`Look at me I'm drowning in self pity! I can't do anything right…. Maybe I should have a talk to Yuuji' He picked up his coat and left the room.

*~*~*Author's notes*~*~*~*~

Sprinket: I know that this was a pathetic chappie but I have gone brain dead so please don't get mad

Bakura: You're getting worse with every chapter you write!!

Sprinket: Hey it wasn't that bad!

Ryou/Bakura: Yes it was!

Sprinket: woops… well if people review I'll make the next one better I promise!!

Ryou: Review!!