Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Cruel ❯ Goodbye, Malik! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Hello, everybody!

Malik: Is that all you have to say?

Me: No.. you just interupted me... So, how's everyone doing, huh? I hope you enjoy this fanfic!!

Malik: Oh, and Sailor InuYasha does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.. If she did, Marik and I would always wear sparkly clothes and we would never stop singing!

Me: Yep! Now, on with the story! Which is, by the way, all in Malik's point of view..just so you know that..

Love is Cruel

I tried to busy myself, hoping that it would distract me from the feeling of utter heartbreak that made itself known to me. The more I thought about Marik, the more I felt like crying. I just wanted to hug him, kiss him, be close to him. But that seemed to be impossible. Whenever he visited, Isis chased him away before I could say goodbye. It's not that I really expected him to come running back, just to hug me.

Why does my wretched sister always have to chase him away? I wish that bitch would just do everyone a favor and die. Of course, I know that will never happen. She would live to be 1000 years old, if it meant she would outlive me and make my entire life miserable.

What happened today was a perfect example of her attempts at stealing my friends. Marik and Bakura had come to visit. A happy enough occasion, if it weren't for Isis and her constant hanging out with us. Marik and Bakura got along well with her. She was more like them than me, after all. They were all loud and obnoxious. I was quiet and shy. She didn't have to try so hard to steal them from me though!

Soon after arriving, Marik and Bakura decided to leave. Isis wanted to go with them, so she chased after the two yamis. They tried to get away from her by running out the door , though it didn't stop her. She caught up them and Bakura and Marik shouted their goodbyes to me. I shut the door and decided to try not to think about Marik.

So, here I was, failing miserably in my attempt not to think about the boy I had fallen in love with. I soon felt tears stinging my eyes and I tried hard not to let them fall.

I looked around the kitchen I was so conveniently in. As my gaze moved from one thing to another, I leaned against a wall, sliding down in until I was sitting on the floor. My eyes stopped when I spotted a knife across the room.

This knife in particular was my favorite one. It also happened to be Marik's favorite. The blade of the the knife was a sort of triangular shape. 'It's the sharpest knife in the house.' I thought as I stood up and walked towards it. I picked it up and studied it. It hadn't gotten any duller than when I'd first bought it. I held it a moment longer before making an important decision.

If I was gonna do this, I wanted to make Isis feel as horrible about it as I think she deserves to feel. I went to a drawer underneath the counter. I opened it and took out a piece of paper and a pen. I then returned to where I was sitting, not bothering to close the drawer. I put the knife down and started to write a sort of note on the paper.

"To: Anyone who even cares enough to read this,

"As you might have noticed, I am no longer in the realm of the living. I'm sure you're all very sad about my death. Especially my bitch sister, Isis. Yeah right. I know you people are probably celebrating right now. I mean, who wouldn't? 'Oh, yay! Malik's finally gone! Who knew it would take so long for him to figure out we'd rather be friends with his sister than him?' That's what you're thinking, right? Heh, I didn't really think it would end this way. I had such hopes that I'd make it past the age of 14. (1)

"I guess there's no more use in writing anymore. Isis will probably be home soon, so I should get this over with soon. But before I go, I have a few more things to say.

"To: Bakura,

"You were a good friend to me. Until you started hanging out with Isis. Please be kind to your hikari, Ryou was it? Treat him better than I have been treated by my yami and my sister. I know he wants nothing to do with me, but sometimes I worry that he's going through the same thing I am.

"To: Isis,

"You're a bitch. I hate you.

"To: Marik,

"Marik... There's something I really need to tell you. I guess there's no point in delaying this, so I'll just say it. I'm in love with you. And I have been pretty much since I met you. You were so nice to me when I first got the Millenium rod. You were my first real friend since I moved to Domino. I soon found myself falling for you. I continued to fall further and further with everytime I saw you until there was no more hope of getting back up. I know you don't feel the same about me, but don't feel bad. /Hah, like you would anyway!/ I never expected you to return my love.

"Hmm.. I guess that's it. So, I guess I should go now. It seems as good a time as any to do this. So, goodbye, everyone! I hope not to see you in hell!

"From: Malik"

I put the note on the counter and once again picked up the knife. I held it across my wrist and I was about to press it into my arm when I remembered something. Marik had mentioned before that if you want to kill yourself, you must go 'down the river, not across' in his words. I changed the position of the blade and took a deep breath.

I winced as I pushed it into my wrist, running it along the blueish coloured veins on my left arm. I then did the same on the right. Soon after, my whole world slipped into darkness as the blood poured out of my body. I would never again have to feel the pain of knowing nobody cares about me. Or the pain of knowing that the person I love doesn't even like me. Now I was finally free...

Me: There you have it! I can add another chapter with Bakura, Isis, and Marik's reactions to finding Malik and that note. But I'll only do that if someone wants me to.

See ya later!! oh, and R&R onegai!!