Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Cruel ❯ Aishiteru ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sailor InuYasha: Hello, everyone! Thank you for the reviews! It makes me so happy to know people actually enjoyed my story!

Malik: Well, of course they liked it! It had me in it after all! What will happen next?! Will I live?? Will I die?? ..Don't ask me, ask Sailor Inu-chan!

Sailor InuYasha: Umm... I'm not gonna tell you if Malik-chan lives or not! You'll just have to read and find out!!

Now, without further delays, On with the story!!


Love is Cruel - Chapter 2 : Aishiteru

Soon after Malik had passed out on the floor, Isis returned home. She had invited Marik and Bakura to stay the night and they had accepted her offer.

"Malik!" She called out after entering the house. "Bakura and Marik are staying the night here!" There was no answer.

"Malik?" Bakura called out. There was still no answer. He looked at Isis questioningly. (AN: Is that a word?o.O;; anyway..) "Where could he be?"

"Let's see if he's even home. Maybe he's asleep." Marik suggested. The other two nodded.

The trio split up and started on their search to find the possibly missing hikari. It didn't take long before one found him though.

"Oh my God.. Malik, what have you done?..." Marik paled as he entered the kitchen to find Malik on the floor in a pool of blood. The yami fell to his knees. "No.. You can't be gone..You just can't be..." He said to nobody in partictular. He lifted his hikari and held him in his arms as tears started streaming down his cheeks. Bakura and Isis, upon hearing noises coming from the kitchen, quickly headed towards it. When they entered they realized that the strange noises were Marik crying. Bakura was about to ask why but a puddle of what looked a lot like blood caught his eye. So, he instead turned to Isis.

"Isis, call an ambulance!" He ordered.

"But, wh--" She started, confused.

"Just do it!" He pointed to the phone and Isis did as she was told. He walked over to the counter near Marik and Malik. He picked up a piece of paper off of it. Isis, having finished calling the ambulance, went over to see her little brother. Malik looked up at her, wondering why she didn't appear to be sad at all.

"The ambulance will be here soon, brother. Just hang on for a little longer, okay? " She had noticed that he was still breathing, though it was very weak. "Why do you think he would have done this?" She said, noticing the knife in his hand.

"I think I might know." Bakura held up the note he'd started to read. Marik looked up at him.

"What's that?" He asked, confused.

"It's from Malik." He replied and started reading the note aloud. By the time he finished reading it, the ambulance had arrived and had taken Malik away on a stretcher. Only Isis was allowed to accompany Malik to the hospital, since she was his sister, so the two yamis followed them on Marik's motorbike. (AN: =3 yay for motorbikes!! ) When they arrived, they had to wait in the waiting room. Bakura sat down on a chair but Marik preferred to stand.

"He... He loved me?.." The blonde Egyptian trailed off. Bakura didn't answer. He knew his friend was talking to himself more than he was to anyone else. Marik had a shocked expression on his usually smiling face and he seemed to be thinking about something. He was holding the note and he was staring intently at it. "I never knew.. I shouldn't have been so..." He continued to talk to himself. He was obviously very confused.

A few hours later, Yugi came bursting through the door. The two yami's could recognize his voice demanding to know where Malik was.

"What happened to him? Where is he? Is he going to be alright? Can I see him? Why the hell not?!" He kept firing question after question at the poor nurse, who answered each one politely, only to be asked another and another. Yugi felt someone tap on his shoulder so he stopped and turned to see who it was. "Bakura! What happened to him? Where is he? Is he going to be alright? How long have you been here? Why didn't you call me earlier?!"

"Aah! One question at a time, okay?!" Bakura didn't even try to answer any of the boys questions.

"Okay. What happened to him?" Yugi asked, a worried expression on his face.

"I'm not exactly sure what he did, but we found a knife beside him."

"A knife?!"

"That's what I said."

"Where is he?"

"I dont know.."

"Is he going to be alright?"

"I hope so."

"Me too.." After Yugi was finished, the went back to join Marik in the waiting room. Bakura sat down and Yugi did the same.

A few more hours passed and Bakura was growing very impatient. He was about to go look for Malik himself when Isis entered the room. She looked tired. 'How long have we been here anyway?' Thought Bakura.

"Is Malik alright?!" Yugi questioned. Bakura and Marik looked at her, waiting for her to answer. She.. (AN: This would be such a perfect place for a cliff hanger! But I wouldn't torture you like that =D ) She nodded. (AN: yay!!) Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"Can we see him?" Marik asked. Isis nodded again. She lead them to Malik's room. He was sitting up, but it didn't look like he was awake. As soon as he head footsteps, his eyes shot open he looked at the visitors, but soon looked down, suddenly finding his bedsheets very interesting.

"Malik, I'm so glad you're okay!!" Yugi exclaimed, running up beside the bed. Bakura followed and the blonde looked up and smiled at them.

"Hey, Malik. How're you feeling?" Marik asked, his face turning a light shade of pink. He walked over to the other side of his hikari's bed.

"Alright, I guess.." Malik replied, not making eye contact with his yami. "I'm sorry.."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." The blonde yami said, tilting his light's chin up so he could look him in the eyes. "Don't ever think it's your fault. I'm the one who should be apoligizing. I should've paid more attention to you. I don't even like Isis."

"You don't? Then why did you hang out with her?" The hikari asked, confused.

"Well..I don't really know. I guess I just couldn't handle being around you." His yami started. Malik's confused expression changed to a sad one. "No, it's not because I didn't like you. I was just confused. The way I started to feel about you..I've never felt like that before. It kind of scared me. I guess I thought that if I avoided you, those feelings would go away... But it didn't work.. and I still feel the same towards you today. Malik, the truth is... I..I love you. And I was so worried about you when I found you laying there on the floor. I'm so happy you're alright."

Malik looked shocked. He couldn't believe that the person he loved actually felt the same. He was so..happy? He hadn't felt like that in a long time.

"Do you mean it?" The hikari asked, hoping Marik would not say no.

"Of course, I mean it!" He smiled.

"I love you too!" Malik smiled back and hugged his koi. Bakura and Yugi had watched the whole thing and were both smiling as well.

"When can you go home, Malik?" Asked Bakura.

"Anou...I'm not sure." He answered, letting go of Marik. "They haven't told me that yet."

"I'll go ask someone!" Yugi exclaimed. He really liked bothering people at hospitals. Especially since he hated the place so much. He hurried out of the room and everyone else just stared at the door and blinked.

"Anou...That was wierd." Bakura commented. The other two nodded.

"Yeah.." Marik agreed. He then looked at Malik again. "I hope you'll be let out of here soon."

"Me too." Malik nodded in agreement.

Yugi soon returned to the room with good news.

"They said you can go home tomorrow!!" He smiled.

"That's great! I'll come pick you up tomorrow then!" Marik smiled. A nurse came into the room and told them visiting hours were over so they had to leave. "Well I'll see you tomorrow then!" He hugged his hikari and the three visitors left.

The next day, Marik drove to the hospital to pick up Malik. When he went in, he found his hikari waiting for him.

"You haven't been waiting long, have you?" He asked. Malik shook his head.

"I've only been out here a few minutes." The two smiled at eachother and headed outside. "Thank-you, Marik"

"There's no need to thank me, I would have drove you home anyway." He smiled.

"No, I mean thank-you for caring about me. I'm sorry I worried you."

"It's alright. I told you it's not your fault."

"I know, it's just--" The hikari was cut off in mid-sentence by his yami's lips pressing against his own. He kissed back until the need for air became too great and he had to pull away.

"Now, lets get you home." Marik smiled and handed Malik a helmet. He put it on and got on the motorbike. And soon the two Egyptians were far away from the dreaded hospital, hoping to never have to return there again.

--Owari--


Me: So there you have it! I hope you liked the ending.. I like it, so if you dont..well, that's your problem.

Malik: Yay!! I lived! Isn't it great?!

Me: Of course, of course.. Well, anyways, R&R onegai!!