Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Unexplainable ❯ Making Up ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi awoke with the sun shining near his face and he sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes to remove the sleep from them. `How'd I get back up here?' He wondered inquisitively after getting a look around. He pushed the covers away from him and stood up on the expensive, plush blue carpet. `I wonder if anyone else is up.' He thought as he pushed open the door.

He made it downstairs and immediately saw Mokuba in the game room with video games surrounding him by the dozen, his focus intent on the large screen of the TV. How Yugi would love to try out a few of the games. He continued on his way to the kitchen and froze at the sight that met him. Joey and Seto were obviously having a good morning wrapped up in each other's embrace with their mouths amorously locked together, their hands moving over the others body intimately. He made to leave quietly, but tripped over an upturned corner of the rug and slammed his back against the wall, effectively causing the CEO and his puppy to break apart hurriedly.

Joey, seeing his friend on the floor, hurried over to him and knelt behind him, asking if he was okay just as Mokuba skid out of the game room to see what had caused the crash. Seto also moved beside him, not asking if he was hurt, but the question obvious in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry." Yugi stuttered. "I didn't mean t-to look, but I-I…well you see…"

Seto brushed off the apology with a wave of his hand and helped Yugi up; rubbing his hand along the smaller's back to look for any signs of pain.

Realizing what Seto was doing, Yugi pushed him away and shook his head. "Really, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I was just seeing if anyone else was up and figured the kitchen would be a good place to look in the morning." Yugi explained in a rush, lying partly since he knew everyone was up if Mokuba was. It was a known fact Mokuba always woke up after his brother and if his brother was up and then Joey had to be up since the two lovers were barely seen apart from each other.

"Well, thank you for letting me stay the night…and for everything else too." He added the last part looking pointedly at Seto. "I should be getting back to the game shop though. I'm sure my grandpa will be worried about me and I should apologize for my behavior towards him yesterday." Yugi turned and made for the door where his shoes were already placed, when he felt a hand wrap around his arm. Looking over his shoulder he saw Seto giving him a curious look.

"I'm sure you don't want to go outside wearing that, Yugi."

Looking down, Yugi blushed and quickly shook his head.

"Come with me, your clothes should be dry by now. I can give you a ride if you like?"

"No thanks, Seto. I need all the time I can get to think up the best way to apologize to him for the way I acted towards him."

"Very well." He turned to head back to the kitchen before stopping and looking over his shoulder. "I need to speak with you about something else as well. I'll be waiting for you."

Yugi nodded, interested about what else Seto wanted to talk to him about. After getting dressed and folding the robe he had worn for the night on the counter, Yugi headed back to the kitchen for Seto. He was careful about looking around the corner but was relieved to see Seto and Joey in separate chairs eating breakfast in silence. "Seto?"

The CEO looked up and nodded, excusing himself from the table. He led Yugi silently to the front door before looking down at him. "You should accept Yami." He said all of a sudden.

Yugi couldn't help the rather large blush that came over his face and looked down in embarrassment. "How did you find out?"

"He spoke with me about the incident while you were trying to avoid him."

If possible, Yugi's blush darkened. "I see." He whispered.

"If it helps any, I did the same thing with Joey when I asked him out."

Yugi looked up suddenly, all thoughts of embarrassment dispersed. "Y-you did?"

Seto nodded. "I was nervous about asking him and I lost my cool. I accidentally hurt him while dragging to a secluded area of the park since I had tuned out everything except how I was going to ask him. He also became angry with me, but after I apologized he accepted and said he felt the same way. I realize how its different for you though since you've been chased by bullies for most of your life and are unable to defend very easily against them like Joey can. That's why I'm telling you this. You should accept Yami's offer. He's a nice person and you need someone who can make you happy."

Yugi smiled and nodded. "Yeah," a frown quickly replaced his features thought, "but I've acted so coldly towards him and told I don't want to see him again after he kept trying to apologize to me. How can I get near him now? And Seru said he was going to help me, I can't go back on our deal now."

"Yami isn't listening to what Seru's telling him though."

Yugi's eyes widened. "He isn't? I guess I'll have to talk to him then."

"If I may, you should just try being direct rather than apologizing for how you rejected him."

"Thanks for the advice. First I'll talk to my grandpa though." Yugi reached over for the handle on the front door but stopped and wrapped his arms quickly around Seto, hugging him tightly. "Thank you for everything, Seto."

Seto was surprised by the gesture, but hugged the smaller back all the same after a few seconds of hesitation. "Don't worry about it."

Yugi released the CEO and opened the door, running down the path for the front gates. He ran the whole way to the game shop and burst through the door, startling the customers paying for their purchases.

"Yugi?" Solomon gasped. He finished up quickly with the customer; glad there wasn't anyone else and hurried over to his grandson, hugging him tightly. "I was so worried about you. Why didn't you come home last night?"

"I'm sorry, grandpa, for everything. I shouldn't have acted that way because of something that couldn't be helped. And I'm sorry for not coming home last night. I met Seto and Joey in the park and they helped me and let me stay with them."

"I'm just relieved you aren't hurt. You don't have a fever do you? It started to rain last night and I couldn't find you anywhere."

"You went looking for me? Oh, grandpa, I'm so sorry. No, I feel just fine. I have to go though. I have to apologize to a friend of mine for the way I acted towards them."

"You mean Yami?"

Yugi gasped and looked back at his grandpa incredulously. "How do you know about that?"

"He came over early this morning looking for you. He dropped this off." He picked up a yellow rose off the counted and handed it to Yugi. "He also said that he was sorry for how he acted and he wished you could still be friends somehow."

Yugi took the rose and sniffed, forcing his tears back. "Thank you, grandpa. I have to go." He ran out of the game shop.

~~

Yugi stood gasping for breath in front of Yami's house. He was scared to knock on the door, but he knew he had to now or else he wouldn't be able to do it later.

He closed his eyes and readied himself to knock on the door when…

"Yugi?"

Yugi's eyes broke open and he looked behind him. "Yami?"

Yami's eyes looked down to Yugi's hand and looked away quickly. "You…don't like it?"

"Huh?" Yugi looked at the rose and quickly shook his head. "No, no, it's fine, I love it. It's very beautiful, Yami. Thank you."

"Really?"

Yugi nodded and, remembering what Seto had advised him, stepped forward with a determined expression on his face. "Ask me again."

Yami was shocked by the direct statement and shook his head in disbelief. "What?"

"Ask me again." Yugi repeated, now afraid Yami wouldn't want to go out with him anymore.

"A-ask you again? About what?" Yami asked, now confused.

"You know," Yugi blushed, "about…going out with you." An audible gulp was heard from the younger.

"Are-are you sure?"

Yugi sighed and nodded. "Yes, Yami; please, just ask me."

Yami also sighed and looked away, rubbing his arm nervously and practically forcing himself not to lose his control again. "Yugi, would you please…that is I…I would very much appreciate it if you would consider going steady with me?"

Yugi smiled and moved forward still, wrapping his arms around Yami and hiding his face in his shirt; his smile broadened when he felt two hesitant and unsure arms wrap around him in response. "I would love to, Yami. Nothing would make me happier than to have you as my boyfriend…but…" He whispered.

Yami's eyes widened and he tried pushing Yugi away. `How could he do this to me? Is he trying to cause me a broken heart? How could he just ask me to do this and turn me away again?'

"But," Yugi continued after a second, "I can't."

"Yugi…"

The younger shook his head to cut Yami off before continuing. "I don't know much of anything about you, Yami. Only that you're a good friend and don't like seeing people hurt. I do like you, Yami, but I would like to know a few things about my boyfriend before I go out with them. So in answer to your question: I will go out with you, but only when I learn more about you. Can you do this for me?"

A small smile replaced the heart-breaking frown on Yami's face and he nodded, holding Yugi tighter to him. "Thank you, Yugi." Yami whispered back, truly happy that Yugi felt the same way as he did. `How could I be so stupid? Yugi is that kind of person who likes to know about their friends. I'll admit I haven't told him much of anything except for one of my hobbies and a few of my dislikes.'

After finally pulling away from each other they looked up at each other and smiled. "Can we just forget that whole pointless argument never happened?" Yugi asked.

"Sure, Yugi; anything for you."

Yugi rewarded Yami with a heart-melting smile and took his hand. "I feel like going for a walk in the park. Do you want to come with me?"

Yami nodded and let himself be led out, hoping this was a chance being given to start letting Yugi get to know him. If that be the case, than he was eager to get started. The faster Yugi learned about him, the faster he might agree to go out with him. A frown replaced his features as a thought dawned on him. "Does this mean we're still friends, Yugi?"

Yugi's step faltered and he paused, looking back at Yami with a frown, but just for a second before he shook his head. "No, I would call this the point between friends where we have feelings for each other and we know of the other's feelings but we're not going out."

"So if someone were to ask you out what would you say?"

"I would say `thanks, but I already have my calendar full for another person.' What about you?"

"I would say the same."

"So no worries then." Yugi squeezed Yami's hand comfortingly and continued to lead the way to the park, only slowing down when they reached the entrance to one of the paths leading around and through the recreational area. "So…what do you like to do for fun?" Yugi started off.

"Well, I guess my motorcycle for one, the wind is just…I don't know…comforting I guess." Yami started with embarrassment. He had to admit, he did feel a bit stupid…it was like he was having an interview to be someone's best friend or something weird like that, but if it made Yugi happy he would do it. `It's strange; I've never felt like this before. Usually, I would just say it was a waste of time and move on, but not with Yugi.'

"Anything else?" Yugi asked with interest.

"I like games like Duel Monsters and mind-busters like that."

"Really?" Yugi asked excitedly. "I do too!" He jumped around so he was standing in front of Yami, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "I'm working on this one puzzle; it's a 3D one. It's really challenging and takes up a lot of time so I haven't been able to work on it lately. I'm going to try this weekend though."

Yami felt some tension leave his shoulders and smiled. Yugi didn't seem to feel awkward at all about this. `Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.'

"What else? What else do you like to do?"

"Well, I like ice-cream."

"Really? I didn't know that was a hobby," he teased.

"Well…I…"

Yugi waved it off with a smile and continued walking. "What kind?"

"Rocky-road mostly, but also cookie-dough."

"Those are my all-time favorites! You can even ask my grandpa; I get cravings for them all the time! If I feel like it at three in the morning and there isn't any in the fridge I will practically force my grandpa to go out and find some for me. He's only done that once though. Now he just kicks me out of the house with a few dollars and tells me to get it myself."

"Well, I'm not that obsessed by it does work for my cravings." Yami laughed.

It continued on for what Yami thought would be hours of embarrassment, but really Yugi made everything easier for him and it seemed like they only just started when they were standing in front of Yami's driveway. When he looked back on it though, Yugi had asked him everything from his favorite color to his all-time worst nightmare that he could remember to any kind of fantasy he'd ever thought about; not once did Yugi make fun of him when he admitted, with utmost mortification, all the sexual fantasies and wet dreams he'd had; Yugi had admitted that he hadn't meant those when he asked about fantasies but was glad Yami felt comfortable enough to tell them. Yami had to flush at that and ended up telling Yugi he hadn't been but glad Yugi thought that of him.

"I suppose I should get going now." Yugi admitted grudgingly. "I had a fun time today, Yami. Thanks for doing this for me; I know you must be weirded out by it, but I have had a few people ask me out for the dumbest of reasons and I ended up regretting them for the longest of times; especially my first kiss."

"So you have had your first kiss already?" Yami asked him, upset by the now known fact.

"Unfortunately, yes. The dumb baka stole it from me and I dumped him on the spot when I heard him bragging about it. That's why I don't hold much regard towards junior years."

"You were going out with a junior? How old were you?" Yami asked in disbelief.

"I was about a week in my freshmen year. I'll admit I was surprised, but later found out it was just a bet to see who could get the quiet little kid to give up his first kiss and virginity to. I'm just glad I found out before I did something I would regret for the rest of my life."

"Me too." Yami agreed. "That would be awful to find out after sharing something that's supposed to be a wonderful experience for the rest of your life."

Yugi nodded and turned away from Yami. "You know," he blushed, "I've never told anyone about that point of my life before. I just told my friends that we broke up because we knew in our hearts we weren't meant for each other."

"I see, thank you for trusting me with it."

Yugi nodded and headed down the street towards the direction of the game shop. "I'll see you later, Yami. I had a wonderful day; we should hang out more often." He turned around with a smile plastered on his face as he continued to walk backwards. "Not like today though, I meant having fun; maybe go for ice-cream sometime. I don't think you'd appreciate me questioning you every time we did something together. Oh! And you better show me some of your artwork!" He half-threatened before turning and running down the street.

Yami watched him go before turning towards the house and cursed. "I wanted my parents to meet him. Maybe…next time…hopefully." He spoke to himself as he walked by his parents' car to the front door. `I can't believe I didn't notice the car before. I'm sure Yugi could've come in for a few minutes.' He sighed as he walked in the front door and called out, "Tadaima!"