Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Unexplainable ❯ Arguments ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Yami!" Yugi hollered from across the school yard. The freshmen scattered hurriedly, thinking he was one of those kinds of seniors that picked on the new guys.

Yami turned and smiled brightly at the oncoming attack, opening his arms to accept it. Just like always Yugi charged into his arms and attached his lips to his own, as was the usual greeting since the two became comfortable as a couple.

"Good morning, Yugi. You look excited this morning." Yami commented once they separated and started towards the front of the school, holding hands.

"Yup; grandpa said I could have the day off after school so I can go to the movies with you. I've been dying to see that one that just came out."

"That's good." Yami looked down at Yugi from the corner of his eyes and smiled slightly at him. He always enjoyed watching the youth.

The two had been going out for a good year now. It, at first, surprised Yami how tolerate the school was over things like that; even the faculty thought they were adorable together. Some younger student from a year below them that they didn't even know came up to them and said, "It's about time you two got together. Because you took your sweet time I lost my bet," and she stomped off. When she had gone around the corner Yugi and Yami couldn't help but burst into fits of laughter.

The one thing that worried Yami the most about the relationship was his parents. They'd met Yugi a few times during their time together and seemed to always stare at the picture of himself and Yugi standing together in front of a tree in the park, more so Yugi than the whole picture. He hadn't questioned them about what they felt about Yugi since he was sure they'd say something if they disapproved of something, but, then again, what was to disapprove. Yugi was perfect; at least in his eyes he was.

His parents also seemed very nervous about things like whenever he would kiss Yugi, even a peck on the cheek. Their shoulders seemed to tense up and they would look like they wanted to say something to him, but took one glance at Yugi and turned away.

His parents were out for a few days though for business and Yami had something planned; something that him and Yugi had sometimes talked about but ended up stopping because of interruptions or other annoying distractions. Since Yami was going to be alone, his parents offered to let him have a friend stay over with him so he wouldn't get lonely and Yami had invited Yugi; both were excited

"I brought my stuff in my backpack," Yugi interrupted Yami's thoughts.

"Oh, that's cool." Yami said absentmindedly.

"Is something wrong?" Yugi asked, stopping in the middle of the hall and holding Yami's hand tightly so he couldn't keep going.

"Wha? Oh, no, of course not. I've just been thinking of something lately."

"What kind of something?" Yugi asked, starting to walk again.

"You'll find out soon, Yugi. Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Okay. Well, there's my evil homeroom," Yugi stuck out his tongue. "I'll see you at lunch then, Yami?"

"Naturally, unless you were thinking of stealing a few kisses with that guy in your third period I've noticed him staring at you in the halls."

"He has?" Yugi asked in disbelief.

Yami nodded.

Yugi smiled back in response. "Don't worry, Yami. You can escort me personally to our friends if it will make you feel better."

"I would've done it even if you didn't have a secret admirer." Yami admitted, chuckling slightly as he waved goodbye to Yugi.

~~

After school Yugi and Yami were walking side-by-side down the sidewalk together. Yugi was on his cell phone telling his grandpa that he wouldn't be coming home just like was planned before hanging up with a sigh. "A three day weekend," he stretched happily, "isn't it great, Yami?"

"Hmm." Yami answered back.

"Is something wrong, Yami? You've seem to have your head somewhere else today. Last period you seemed totally out of it."

"Yeah, I'm fine. It'll be over with this weekend hopefully; I promise." He added the last part when he saw Yugi's `how do I know you're not going to fake being happy to get me off your back' look.

"Okay then."

"Say, Yugi?"

"Yeah."

"Can we…have that talk about…" Yami looked around quickly before taking a deep breath and continuing. "Can we talk about that one thing that always seems to get interrupted?"

A large blush appeared flashed onto Yugi's cheeks and he looked up at Yami with wide eyes. "Well I-I…that is I…mean to say…" Yugi couldn't seem to string two words together.

"Why don't you just nod or shake your head?"

The blush deepened and the younger looked away embarrassedly; he nodded.

Yami smiled and they continued on in silence.

~~

Sitting on the bed, Yugi looked embarrassedly out the window, waiting nervously for Yami to start talking since he couldn't seem to remember how to at the moment.

"Yugi, are you sure you want to do this now? We don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine; don't worry about it."

"Do you feel like you're ready to do it then?"

Yugi blushed and looked around to the back wall; anywhere but at Yami. "I-I guess I am… but I can't help being scared of it either. I've never been with anyone I li…no, I love so much."

"And I love you, Yugi, you know that, right?"

"Yes, but I'm still scared. I suppose I might always be until we actually do something." Yugi finally had the nerve to look over and Yami and smile lightly at him. Yami smiled back and leant down to give him a comforting kiss.

"I just wanted to know if you knew if you were ready for…such commitment. How bout doing something a bit less embarrassing for you then? How bout you beat me in video games?"

Yugi's face brightened and he nodded eagerly, like a little kid in a candy store and his mother told him he can have as much as he wanted. He stood and raced out into the living room to set up the playstation.

~~

"Yami, tadaima!" Yami's mother called out.

"Hi, mom! I'm in the living room!" Yami called back loudly.

Yami's mom and dad walked in the room to see what his son was up to and froze nervously at the sight of Yugi also sitting on the floor, almost in their son's lap.

"Oh, hello, Yugi. We didn't think you'd be here." Mrs. Jikiro stated quietly, her hands wringing uncomfortably together.

"We thought you were coming over later tonight." Yami's dad added.

"I was going to, but then it didn't make much sense to come by later if I already walk with Yami most of the way so we just decided for me to bring my stuff to school and then walk here with Yami." Yugi explained, pausing the game to look up at the two adults.

"I see." The two said at the same time. "We'll just be in the kitchen then." And they left quickly.

Yami growled lightly under his breath; he couldn't believe how his parents were treating Yugi. His boyfriend might not be able to see, but he certainly could and this time he wasn't going to let them get away with it. "Yugi, why don't you put it on one-player mode? I need to ask my parents something and I don't know how long I'll be."

Yugi gave him a curious look but smiled and nodded none the less. Yami smirked at him before standing and heading into the kitchen. "I think we need to talk about something," Yami stated firmly, closing the sliding door behind him so Yugi wouldn't hear in case he started yelling.

"Of course, sweetie; is there a problem?" His mother smiled.

"Don't go `sweetie' me, mom." Yami sneered, his eyes flashing dangerously. "I know you two have some kind of problem with Yugi so spit it out and tell me what it is. There's no possible way there could be anything wrong with him that you're making such a big deal out of."

"N-nothing's wrong, Yami. Why in the world would you say something like that?"

"Because you always tense up whenever you see us together that's less than three feet apart and you're always making up some excuse to leave as soon as possible whenever he's over!"

"There's no reason to shout, Yami."

"I'm not shouting! I just want to know what you guys' problem with Yugi is!"

"He might hear you, Yami. Now stop being so impolite and go be with him; he's your guest after all and you're being rude by neglecting him."

"Yugi's told me this place is like a second home for him because he's comfortable here. He might not be able to see how you're treating him because he either doesn't see it or chooses to ignore it because you don't know him well enough! Not that I can see that excuse working for well because you don't even try staying in a room with him for five minutes! I bet if I left you alone with him you'd break his heart with all the cruel things you could say to him!"

"Yami, stop shouting or he'll hear you!"

"I think," a whisper sounded from behind Yami, causing his crimson eyes to widen in fear. He spun around on his heel and felt his insides grow cold. Yugi stood there with shining tears in his eyes as he leant against the wall, most probably for support lest his legs were too weak to hold him up. "I think I should go home."

"Yugi…" Yami started.

"It's fine; I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I just remembered I forgot to tell grandpa his…his medication order came in and our phone hasn't been working very well lately. I'll just got over and tell him real quick." Yugi lied. He turned and walked surprisingly steadily out of the room and out the front door.

Yami turned on his parents and glared at them.

"He'll be coming back, Yami; don't give us that look. At least you know he cares for his grandfather."

"His grandpa doesn't take medication." Yami said in an emotionless voice. "All because you lied to me and didn't tell me what the problem is! You're probably glad this happened!" Yami turned and ran out the front door, hoping to catch up with Yugi before he reached the game shop; what was coming he sure didn't want an audience with.

He was relieved when he saw a flash of dark, spiky hair go into the park and he forced himself to go faster.

~~

"Should we tell Yami the truth?" Mrs. Jikiro asked, looking out the window as she watched her son run out the door and down the sidewalk.

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't. We agreed that Yugi wasn't…wasn't who we thought he was."

"We did, but our attitude about him hasn't changed at all. You know just as well as I do that Yugi is Yami's brother! You remember that one, don't you! The one we lost and were never able to get back! The one we promised ourselves we would never see or tell him the truth! The one we swore we'd never tell Yami about no matter what the cost!" Mrs. Jikiro shouted, his voice going louder with every sentence. "We never expected him to actually date his own twin though!"

"Yugi isn't our son anymore."

"But he still has our blood! Isn't it wrong to let our son continue dating someone who he's related to! Who was born with on the same day by the same mother!"

"We aren't a family if we don't grow together. Yugi has his grandfather and his two parents that died last year." With that said, Mr. Jikiro turned and headed into the bedroom to grab his and his wives bags for the trip.

"You're still planning to go?"

"We have to go; it's business after all. We can't just call in at the last minute and tell them that there's a sudden change of plan because we decided to tell our only son that he has a twin brother who he's happening to be dating at the moment."

~~

"Yugi?"

Yugi looked up, wiping his nose on the sleeve of his shirt. "I-I just got a little dizzy; that's all, no problem."

"Don't kid yourself."

Yugi gasped and nodded, looking down at his hands sitting in his lap. Yami walked over and sat beside him, wrapping his around him and pulling him closer to him, letting Yugi hide his face in his chest.

"Why don't they like me, Yami?" Yugi choked out, letting his tears fall freely.

"I don't know, Yugi, I don't know. I can tell you this though," Yami pushed the younger up so he could look in his eyes. "I can tell you that I will always love you, no matter what anyone else says; I promise. I want you to stay with me this weekend."

"But your parents-"

"Are leaving," Yami interrupted. "It's business; they can't get out of it last minute." He glanced down at his watch. "They should be leaving by now. By the time we get back to my place they'll be long gone. How bout we walk back to my place, get something warm to eat, and watch a movie?"

Yugi responded with a watery smile. "Okay, Yami."

They stood and walked back out the park.

"Say it again, Yami." Yugi whispered halfway back to the house.

"Say what?" Yami asked curiously.

"That you'll love me no matter what."

Yami was surprised by the request and brought Yugi closer to his side. "I'll love you no matter what."

"Thanks. I-I will too; I'll love you for always."

~~

Yami found the house key under the welcome mat and let Yugi and himself in before locking the door again. "What would you like to eat?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Alright then, let's see if I can get you poisoned with my horrible cooking. Then I'll be the loving boyfriend I am and stay by your hospital bed all night."

"Haha, that's so funny." Yugi giggled. "I'll go pick out a movie; want anything in particular?"

"Nope." Yami called back from the kitchen.

Setting things out the table to decide what to make Yugi noticed a note on the table from his parents. He picked it up reluctantly and read it.

Yami~

We're sorry for how we acted. We promise to try to get to know Yugi a bit more when we get back home. Could you tell him we apologize for the way we acted for us? We'll call tomorrow if it's too late when we check into the hotel. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love~

Mom and Dad

Yami smiled lightly and put the note aside to start dinner. `Maybe now things can work out they were supposed to be from the beginning.' Yami thought hopefully.