Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Unexplainable ❯ Dreaded Confrontations ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After a few hours the whole gang was at the hospital with Yami, minus Yugi's grandfather who had gotten stuck in the snow. Yami had been called by the front desk's phone and had managed to convince the old man to just go home and get some rest since he sounded exhausted. Of course, he was also emotionally and physically exhausted just waiting for one of the doctors to come tell them how Yugi was fairing.

The whole room was filled with tension and it didn't help with Yami continuing to pace back and forth through the room thinking, `Will Yugi still want to be with me now,' echoing repeated in his mind.

A doctor came in and called Yugi's name, looking expectantly through the whitewashed waiting room. Yami immediately looked up at the name and scrambled over, followed quickly by his friends.

"Friends of Yugi Motou's?" He asked. Everyone nodded eagerly, their throats too choked up to speak. The doctor looked through a chart for a second before nodding. "Yugi will be just fine," a large relieved sigh was released from everyone and near exact moments, "but he will be extremely sore for a couple of weeks. He also received a broken wrist when he landed on it from the crash, which has already been tended to and will be easy to mend together in no time.

"You will be able to visit, but any family that's here will have the privilege of going first." He waited expectantly for someone to step up.

Yami really did want to see Yugi first, but he didn't want to say anything in front of their friends. Joey's motion caused him to forget everything though when he saw he was starting to step forward to see him first. `No! I need to see Yugi first; I have to!' He quickly stepped up before Joey could say anything to the doctor. He swallowed every ounce of courage he could find within himself to admit the one thing he'd feared since he found out the truth. "I'm the only family he has present at the time," he choked out.

Everyone looked at him oddly and Bakura stepped forward. "Being his boyfriend is hardly ground for being related with him like family, Yami. Let Joey go first since he's his best friend. After all, you already admitted this was your fault, though you won't tell us why." Bakura eyed him suspiciously before looking back to Joey, nodding for him to continue.

It was true; the second Yami saw the group of friends step in through the hospital doors he had run over to them, crying into Ryou's chest, the first he had reached, and gasping out that he had done it, that it was his entire fault. He hadn't explained anymore than that however. He knew he shouldn't even be looking at Yugi right now since it was obvious his younger… `What is he now? My younger brother or my young love? …No! I don't even have the right to say either. Brothers and lovers are supposed to protect one another and be honest with each other and I…I did neither!' He knew that Yugi had known since Monday that he was his twin brother and that his family was the family wanted so desperately to meet since he ever knew he's been adopted.

Yami quickly shook his head as Joey started to follow the doctor. "No!" The blonde and the doctor halted in their walk to Yugi's room. "No, I mean, I'm his brother; he's my twin." Their was a collective gasp from everyone except the doctor when he finished; Yami's head bowed to the floor in shame for not telling everything when he could. `Yugi's going to hate me; I know he will. But… I still have to see him, to apologize for what could have been avoided.'

The doctor studied him for a minute before nodding. "Very well then, follow me please."

Yami followed, albeit, slowly, and tried his best to ignore the stares of disbelief and betrayal that followed after his wearing form.

Arriving at the room, the doctor left him alone. Yami waited for the doctor to disappear around a corner before he hurriedly opened the door and rushed to Yugi's side, holding his hand tightly.

He hadn't expected Yugi's skin to look completely flawless, especially after being hit by a car. But still, he couldn't help the tears that streamed down his face at the many bruises of blue, green, and purple and cuts from long to short and shallow to negligibly deep that covered his… Yugi's once perfect creamy smooth skin.

"Don't leave me like this, Yugi," he couldn't help but whimper out, even though the doctor already said he'd be just fine. Perhaps he won't don't leave him as a lover, but he wasn't sure and didn't want to think about it.

"I won't leave, Yami; I couldn't ever leave you," Yugi croaked out through a dry throat.

Yami looked up with wide crimson eyes, tearing shining in their ruby red depths. "Yugi, you're awake!"

Yugi nodded tiredly and gestured with his free hand that had needles giving him medication to a glass of water left on the side table. Yami handed it to him and Yugi nodded his thanks.

"Yugi," Yami started when he replaced the glass back on the table. "Yugi, I'm so sorry about all of this; it's all my fault. I should've told you when I came over Monday night, but I was selfish and didn't want to lose what we had together. I couldn't lose it, it never felt so right."

"Yami," Yugi started uneasily, unable to meet the eyes he once could never look away from; he stared out the window instead to a building across the street. "What we had together… what we shared for those couple of years was all a lie."

Yami stared down at Yugi's pale face, startled and in shock at Yugi's words. "Yugi… no…. please don't…" Tears streamed down Yami's eyes, mirroring the tears that Yugi's eyes also started to shed.

"I am sorry, Yami. But I… I just can't be with somebody - love somebody - who is my own brother - twin brother."

"But… but technically you're not." Yami started hopefully. "We're not brother because… well you were… we can't be…"

Yugi shook his head slowly, cutting Yami into silence as he choked on his tears, unable to come up with anymore mumbling of different excuses of why they could still be together. "It doesn't change anything, Yami. We were born on the same day - from the same mother. Didn't you ever think it strange when all those times we liked or acted the same way about something, even that our birthdays fell on the same day?"

"We were in love! Lots of people do that when they're in love!"

"But not everyone."

"Well, yeah… but…"

"There's not `buts' about it, Yami!" Yugi interrupted harshly. "There isn't anything we have to argue over. For gods sake, Yami, we almost had sex!"

"Made love."

"It's sex all the same, whatever you call it's still sex!" Yugi paused for a breath before he finished in a voice that wasn't raised by hurt a lot worse than if it hadn't. "You lied to me though. You would've actually gone through with it."

Yami froze and looked away. "Well… I…"

"You might've been - still might be - okay with something like that, Yami, because you refuse to see what others due. I'm not okay with going out with you, especially now that I know it's my own brother that I'm dating; it's just wrong!"

"No, no, Yugi! You're wrong; you don't understand that what we had together is something most people can only dream about!" Yami stood and ran from the room, ignoring the calls from the doctors for him to slow down and his friends' shouts for him to come back and explain himself.

~~

I know it's super short but I had to have this off by itself. At least I got it out quickly though so you wouldn't have waited for a week for a 3-page chapter, so be grateful. I promise the next chapter will be the normal 5 to 6 page again.