Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Unexplainable ❯ Alternate Ending ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I've had a lot of people saying that they were hoping for Yami and Yugi to get back together so I've decided to make an alternate ending for all those people. Hope you enjoy!

There's been a few things I also wanted to mention that I read in a couple reviews that I received.

First, Spiritual Winds, I named his new boyfriend Mike cause that's mine's name and I was thinking about him at the time I was writing it. (Yeah! I love him so much sorry, had to put that)

And the next to CynicalSpiritValea, I know I've had lots of people saying that `Out at Sea' looks a lot like hato-chiisais' fic, but I've already talked to them about it and I've also been reading it because I both like it and making sure it won't turn out like mine as I've already written a few chapters for it and know where I'm going with it.

~~

Yami walked down the hall tiredly. He was exhausted with all the makeup homework that he had to do for school, but he had to pass if he didn't want to repeat the classes.

As he passed by Yugi's room, however, he heard noises like someone hitting something and crying at the same time. Quietly, he opened the door and looked inside.

Yugi was kneeling on his bed, hitting his pillow in anger, while hot tears cascaded down his face from red-rimmed eyes, and muttering things he couldn't hear to himself.

His little brother hadn't seemed to notice him yet so he stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He walked silently over to the bed and wrapped his arms around Yugi, startling him into a shock for a minute before he looked to see who it was.

"Yami," he gasped.

"What's the matter, Yugi? You know you can talk to me about anything, and I'm sure you'll hate yourself later if you beat up your pillow even more."

"I-" Yugi looked away in what looked like shame and whispered in a croaked voice, "I can't tell you."

Yami was surprised by the answer, but only held the smaller teen closer and he sat down on the bed. "Why can't you tell me?"

"Because I don't know how you'd react."

The red-eyed teen didn't know what to say to that so he rested his cheek against Yugi's head and traced small patterns into his back. "Oh, Yugi, you have no idea just how much I care for you even now. I could never get angry with you about anything. I'd do anything to make sure you're always smiling and happy."

"You - you promise you won't get upset," Yugi stuttered, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

Yami nodded and allowed Yugi to turn around. He was more surprised when Yugi leant forward and wrapped his arms around his neck and settled in his lap, hiding his face in his chest. He mumbled something incoherent and tightened his hold around him as he tensed.

The older teen just rubbed circles in his back and held him tenderly. He wanted to say it, he's been wanting to say - no - shout his love for Yugi over the rooftops if only he knew Yugi wouldn't get angry with him for doing it.

"Yami," Yugi asked, bringing his older brother from his thoughts. Yami looked down at him expectantly. "Doesn't that change anything between us…. Or - or have you forgotten everything about us?"

"What do you mean, Yugi?"

"Didn't, you hear….what I just said?"

Yami shook his head. "You were mumbling, I didn't want to make you repeat it if you didn't want to."

Yugi looked away and started to shiver uncontrollably. "I - Yami, I - well, when it comes to you, Yami - I…."

"You don't have to say if you don't want to, Yugi. I know you don't have feelings for me the way I want you to, but I won't do anything you don't want Yugi." He gave his brother one last hug and stood. "Dinner will be ready soon, in case you wanted to clean your face up a bit."

Yugi looked away from him and nodded, glancing out of the corner of his eyes as Yami started for the door. Before his fingers brushed the brass of the doorknob he shouted for him to stop, "Wait, Yami! Don't leave me all alone; I don't want you to leave me."

Yami looked back at him, startled. "Yugi…"

The younger slid off his bed and hurried over to wrap his arms around his brother's waist. "I don't care what we are anymore, Yami. Every day I feel my heart clenching to burst more and more; I only want to be with you once more. No matter how much I try to deny it….I'm still in love with you!"

Yami felt his legs go weak and he allowed himself to slide against the wall onto the floor, Yugi crawling into his lap and crying hysterically as he did. "Please, Yami, please," he mumbled into his shirt, "Please, say you don't hate me."

The crimson-eyed teen found he also had tears streaming down his cheeks, matching Yugi's as they slid down his face in rivulets. He held onto Yugi, thinking he would never let go again. "I could never hate you, Yugi," he whispered, "I'll never leave your side. My love for you has never wavered and I'll be with you no matter what happens."