Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love's Neverending Faith ❯ chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cat woke up early the next morning and got ready for school. She had just finished when Yugi knocked on her door.

"Come on, time to go." He called through the door.

"Coming!" she yelled back at him as she walked down the stairs and met him at the door.

The two walked to school in silence for a while when Yugi spoke.

"So what was dinner at Kiaba's like?" he asked curiously.

"It was great. I enjoyed it." She said smiling.

"I think Kiaba likes you." Yugi told his sister remembering the way he had looked at her yesterday.

"Yeah right," Cat scoffed. "I have a feeling that the only reason he is even acting interested is because he thinks I can give him some tips on how to beat you."

Yugi remained silent as they made it to school. They separated to go to their first classes. Seto was already in class by the time Cat got there. She smiled to herself as she sat in an empty seat next to him. The two never got a chance to talk to each other before school ended and Seto had to leave right after school. He waved bye to her from a distance as Cat joined Yugi and his friends on their way home. The group asked her endless questions about what it was like at the Kiaba mansion and things like that.

"There really isn't much to tell guys," she said. "It was just dinner."

"But what happened after dinner?" Joey asked slyly.

"Nothing!" Cat replied hotly slightly embarrassed.

"Then why are you blushing?" Tristan teased.

They would have continued teasing Cat when they got home and noticed a package on the front doorstep for Cat and Yugi. Inside were two gloves with a ring around the outside. The ring had ten star shaped grooves. There was also two letters addressed to each of them and a video. Going inside the group, including their grandfather, watched as Yugi put the tape in. It was Pegasus, inviting Yugi and Cat to duelist kingdom. Suddenly the group was plunged into the Shadow realm. Yugi and Cat were left untouched because of their millennium items. Cat had received a bracelet that matched Yugi's puzzle. Cat didn't really have a Yami like Yugi, but she was still able to communicate with her brothers Yami. She knew her bracelet was special, but she didn't know why. Pegasus challenged Yugi to a duel monsters game. He also used his millennium eye and captured their grandfather's soul and placed it in a card.

"What so you think you are doing?" Cat asked outraged.

"Taking a little incentive so to speak." Pegasus laughed. "You two come to Duelist Kingdom, if one of you beats me in the finals, your grandfather will be released to you. But if I win, I get both of your millennium items."

"We aren't afraid of you Pegasus." Yugi challenged as the video ended. Cat and Yugi told the others what had happened as they prepared to go to Duelist Kingdom. Meanwhile, Pegasus had sent a few men to kidnap Seto and his brother. Seto escaped, but Mokuba was taken. Seto swore to get Mokuba back anyway he could. 'Sorry Cat,' he thought, 'Guess our little second date will have to wait.' Seto envisioned her lovely face for a minute before pushing the thought aside. Mokuba needed help and that's what he needed to concentrate on. The next morning Cat and Yugi left on the ferry that took them to Duelist Kingdom. They were later reunited with their friends who had snuck onto the ferry. Later that night Yugi came across Cat staring out at the water and the upcoming island.

"What are ya thinking about?" Yugi asked already knowing the answer.

"Grandfather," she said quietly. "Do you think he's okay Yugi? I mean, can we really save him?"

"We can as long as we believe in the heart of the cards, we can do anything." Yugi said.

Cat smiled, "Your right, and with our decks, we can win enough star chips to gain entrance into the castle."