Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love's Neverending Faith ❯ chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True to his word Yugi and Cat did earn enough star chips to enter the castle. Joey also managed to gain ten star chips much to everyone's surprise. Cat frequently thought of Seto and Mokuba wondering how they were doing. She had been worried about both of them since Pegasus's attack on the mansion. She was often staring up at the sky late at night thinking about Seto. Even though she had only seen him once since she came to Duelist Kingdom, it didn't stop her feelings for him from growing. She wondered often if he thought of her half as much as she thought of him.

Unknown to Cat, Seto was thinking of her. He had finally found Mokuba in a cell under Duelist Kingdom where he was then challenged by Pegasus. If he ever wanted to see his brother again, he would have to defeat Yugi in a duel. Seto wasn't worried about that. It was Cat. Last he had seen her was when he had dueled that pathetic excuse for a duelist Wheeler. He had wanted her to come with him, but refrained from asking. He knew that Pegasus's goons were everywhere and he didn't want her to get hurt. He hated to admit it to himself, but he kinda like her. 'No,' he thought to himself. "I don't like her. I'll defeat her brother tommorrow and get back my brother.' He thought determinedly as sleep over took him. The next morning he waited outside the front steps of Pegasus's mansion waiting for them. It wasn't long before they came up the stairs.

"I challenge you to a duel Yugi. You won't be able to get inside the castle without dueling me first." Seto demanded.

"Fine Kaiba." Yugi agreed as they started the duel. They dueled on a new invention of Kaiba's and Yugi was quickly losing the duel. But, it wasn't long before Yugi had managed to find a way to win the duel. Yugi had fused Kiaba's blue eyes ultimate dragon with his elephant graveyard card. This caused the dragon to decay from the inside allowing Yugi to use his Celtic guardian to defeat the dragon. Seto realized that defeat was near and panicked. He had to do something or Mokuba would be gone forever. Seto slowly retreated until he was standing on the ledge.

"Seto, what are you doing?" Cat asked in a panicked voice. She had a feeling that she knew what he was doing and she was nervous about how it would turn out.

"I'm forcing your hand." Seto calmly said. "If you attack my dragon the resulting shock waves could knock me off this ledge, but if you don't I'll destroy you next turn."

"I've never backed down from a fight Kiaba, Celtic guardian attack!" Yugi proclaimed.

"No! Yugi call it off." Cat said running toward her brother. She couldn't let him do this. "You can't! Please call of your attack!" Cat was desperate. She couldn't let anything happen to Seto. She cared about him to much.

Yugi finally realized what he was doing. "Stop!" he said calling off the attack. The Celtic guardian slowed as Kiaba finished off his monster winning the duel for him. Yugi was on all fours ashamed of what he had almost done. Tears streamed down his face. "I couldn't control it." He said weakly as the others surrounded him.

Cat looked at her little brother and bend down on her knees. Tears also in her eyes. "I'm sorry." Yugi looked up at her as tears fell down her face.

"I'm sorry for asking you to stop, but you did the right thing." She said. "Grandpa wouldn't have wanted to be saved that way."

"Then he got just what he wanted." Seto said behind her. "If your brother had the guts to do what needed to be done, he would be entering the castle not me."

"He spared you." Cat yelled at him. "He showed you compassion, which is more than you deserve right now."

"Your brother lost the game and that is all the matters." Seto said angrily.

"The game?" Cat said passionately. "You think that this is about a Duel Monsters game? You've been around you machines so much that you have forgotten what it feels like to actually care about someone else." Cat said.

Seto glared at her. He knew she was right, but only partially. He cared about Mokuba, that's all he needed. He also cared about her, but he was angry at the moment and temporarily forgot that. So saying nothing he turned his back on her and walked up the castle steps to challenge Pegasus. Cat watched his retreating back. His silence toward her hurt worse than if he had said something hateful. She looked back at her brother. 'Fine,' she thought. 'Two can play your game Seto Kiaba.'