Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love's Neverending Faith ❯ chapter seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seto made his way into the castle thinking about Cats's tear streaked face. He had barely been able to control the urge to hold her and tell her everything would be okay. But he had to save Mokuba. But she had been right, he spent so much time with his computers that he never really associated with anyone else but Mokuba, and for a long time he that that was all he needed. Then Cat showed up and turned everything upside down. He had started to care less that Yugi had beat him in a duel, he found himself thinking of her before he fell asleep. Seto shook his head trying to clear the thoughts of her face away. 'I have a duel to win, and I can't if I'm thinking of her.'

Cat helped her brother to his feet, his spirit was broken, she could tell.

"Don't worry Yugi, we'll still get inside the castle." She reassured him. Sure enough they did. Surprisingly Tea won them from Mia. But no matter how they got them they did and they entered the castle. The next morning Pegasus informed them of a little entertainment he had planned for them. Wondering what it could be she saw Seto walking out to challenge Pegasus in a duel. Cat was shocked. 'Why does he want to duel Pegasus so badly?' she wondered. Her question was soon answered when she found out that Pegasus had Mokuba. Cat eyes widened in surprise. 'That's why Seto was so intent on winning the duel with Yugi, it was to save Mokuba!' Cat felt a surge of affection stream through her. He wasn't so heartless after all. As soon as the duel started, it was clear that Pegasus was just playing with Seto. It didn't take long for him to completely annihilate Seto. Cat took in a sharp intake of breath. She didn't know what the stakes of the duel were but she was sure that it wasn't good. Pegasus then took out a blank duel monsters card. There was a flash of light as Seto's soul was sucked into the card.

Tears of shock welled up in Cat's eyes. "No!" she yelled as they spilled down her cheeks. He was gone. Her brother was crying also.

"He just wanted to save his brother." Yugi said. "What kind of a person could do something like that to someone who is trying to save his brother."

Cat looked up at Pegasus. "Pegasus, I swear, you will pay for what you have done." She called as her millennium bracelet glowed brightly. She would save Seto, she would.

"Now that that is out of the way, Master Pegasus wished that you all rest here for the night. Tomorrow the semi finals begin." Crochet said.

The group made their way to the bedrooms that had been prepared for them. Cat spent almost the entire night preparing her deck. She now just had to win. Not only because her Grandfather's soul was at stake, but now Mokuba and Seto! When she finally did go to sleep. She tossed and turned from having nightmares about losing Seto. All in all, in wasn't a good night. The duels began the next morning. First was her against some duelist that had managed to get into the castle. Cat wasn't worried. He wasn't anywhere near as good as Bandit Keith, Mia, or Yugi. Heck, even Joey was better than he was. Cat soon beat him with ease and Yugi had to go against Mia. Yugi was still reluctant to use his Yami to help for fear of what he almost did to Kiaba.

"Come on Yugi!" Cat thought. Cat and Yugi's items had a certain bond. She was able to tell what he was thinking, and the same went for him. It was like her item was the sister to his.

"I can't, I couldn't control it last time." Yugi sent back to her.

"Yugi, you have to. It's the only way you're going to win this duel. I need you to trust him. If I don't win against Pegasus then you have to, it's the only way to save Grandpa!" Cat thought earnestly.

That seemed to get through to Yugi, and soon he was able to defeat Mia. Next was Joey versus Bandit Keith. Joey won, much to Cat's surprise. There was then a brief intermission and then it would be Joey against Cat. The two looked at each other.

"No matter what happens, we'll still be friends." Joey said to her.

Cat smiled, "yeah Joey." She smiled as the duel began.