Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Master of the Magicians ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Again, I do not own Yu-gi-oh. It belongs to Kazuki Takahashi. All I have is 34 books of the manga, some cards, and some of the GBA games. Kk? Don't steal my fanfic, it's non-profit, non-copyright infringing, and belongs to me under international copyright law!
Chapter 11
 
Dark blue eyes coolly regarded the woman as she was brought in. Mahaado had once again reverted to Egyptian garb, once again clad in robes of pristine white trimmed with gold and blue accents. To her surprise, Anzu looked down and discovered that she was wearing a pink… er, bikini-top-like thing and a green skirt, partially transparent. And scarves on her arms, also pink, a strand of gold links twisting her hair into an upright bun. “Hey! What gives?”
“It seems that this place is still the same way it was.”
Anzu blinked; watching as the surroundings seemed to have resolved themselves. From the inside, the castle looked different. In fact, it looked quite ancient Egyptian, all white marble and soaring pillars. “What?”
“The Pharaoh wishes for our Castle of Dark Illusions to show his home as it was. Therefore, in keeping with that wish, we are playing our roles to the hilt as well, and of course, what role isn't complete with a change in attire? We may as well introduce ourselves for this game.”
“Game? You think loving Yami is a game?”
“Well, you've made it a competition haven't you?” Mahaado smirked. “Now. I am the Dark Magician, as you know by now. In my past life, I was Mahaado, High Priest of the Millennium Ring and Pharaoh's trusted advisor and friend. You, on the other
hand, my dear, show no significance in the past that I am aware of.”
“You're lying! I don't believe you!”
“Oh?”
“Yes!”
 
“Then I shall phrase a simple riddle to you, Anzu - or should I call you Teana by your past name? It matters not. What have you done for the Pharaoh then, dancer? Have you ever sacrificed your life for him? No? Have you given your soul? Have you endured millennia of darkness for his sake? Have you bloodied your hands in his defense? Have you killed for him?”
“Those things aren't important! Friendship is!”
“Then you imply I am less a friend of the Pharaoh's than you yourself, dancer? I was the Pharaoh's first friend. I saved him from an asp while we were but children. He tolerates you because Yuugi likes you. What have you done for him in this life? What did you do for him in your past life?”
“I don't believe you!”
“Such childish games you play. But I tire of this.” Mahaado inspected his nails, hiding his laughter. “Give me your sworn word that you will not seduce him. Pharaoh has enough to deal with without your interference.”
“What? My interference?”
“Of course. The time I occupy with him is really no time at all, at least not in the sense of real time.” Mahaado shrugged. “Will you swear?”
“For all I know, you're some deranged idiot like Pegasus! I have to protect Yami! He loves me! I know it! So I'll love him too!”
 
“Oh yes, let's protect the Pharaoh from the scary monsters in his Dueling Deck. I'm sure that will go over wonderfully…”
Anzu stamped her foot. “Quit acting so high and mighty!”
“Are you implying that I should defer to your wishes, woman?”
“Well, you may have been important in the past, but what are you now? You're only a card! You're nothing to him!”
“Believe what you will, my dear…” Mahaado smirked. “No? Well then perhaps I can persuade you…” His eyes began to glow green….
Anzu stepped back instinctively, but she didn't expect another figure to appear.
 
“Mahaado, please. She may not be my friend, but she is still my partner's friend and he would not appreciate it if you mind controlled her…”
Mahaado immediately went into a bow. “Pharaoh.”
Yami sighed. He wasn't naïve enough to assume they could all get along together, but even so, he'd hoped that…
“I can defend my honor on my own, Mahaado.”
“Have I displeased you, Pharaoh?” Anzu blinked at the character change as Mahaado almost… well, he seemed like he was… groveling? Well, humble at least! So much the better!
See? He is just a duel monster. He's nothing! He's just a card! I'm not losing Yami to some creepy crazy card!
Yami sighed as he pulled Mahaado up. “Please, Mahaado…”
“Pharaoh.”
 
Yami turned to Anzu as he dismissed Mahaado with a wave of his hand. “What did he say to you?”
Anzu's eyes teared up. “He-he said that I was nothing to you… Yami, is that true?”
Yami felt uncomfortable. “Well… no. You are important to me, as a very important-” He didn't get to say anything else, though, before Anzu glomped him.
“I knew it! Oh Yami, how could I ever have doubted you!”
“Friend,” Yami managed to get out, trying to breathe. Anzu had a strong grip! However, he still felt uneasy. She was an important friend though, thanks to Yuugi.
He preferred Joey and Tristan's company though… maybe it was just a girl versus boy thing. Anzu didn't even play duel monsters… except once or twice.
Anzu smiled. “I knew it, Yami. Some card can't keep us apart!”
Well, now that sounded very wrong. “… Mahaado isn't just some card.”
“Well, it's not like he's real, right? He only exists here and all duel monsters do that. Besides, I know you'd much prefer hanging out with real people.”
 
Yami would have said more but before he could react to that statement, Anzu had pulled him into a kiss. It wasn't a bad kiss, but he did not just go around kissing people, and he already had someone…!
Mahaado's eyes widened as Mana finished her scrying spell. “He…!”
“I can't believe it either, Teacher-sama!”
“A-Anzu…”
“Yami, don't you see? We're meant to be…”
Yami was not sure how to take this. It was going to break Yuugi's heart; that was for sure. But then again…
She did have a point, however twisted.
“… Card…?”
Anzu pulled him into another kiss and he quit thinking about more complicated things as hormones reared up. The mood did not last long.
 
Yami had a sudden bad feeling when the lightning and thunder began to crash in the sky. True, the Shadow Realm was a dangerous place, and as Anzu had no Millennium Item or special monster connections, she was in trouble. He was also still trying to get out of her grip.
If there was any plus to this situation, the fact that Anzu was holding on to him and that sort of acted as a shield was. Unfortunately, not all would see it that way.
Dark Magician Girl - in Egyptian garb as Mana - came flying out of a window, staff in hand. “Prince! Er, I mean Pharaoh!”
“What is it, Mana?”
“This is bad! You have to leave now! The Shadow Realm is going unstable!”
“I understand!” Yami opened a portal and he and Anzu jumped through. Now how to break to Anzu that he was not interested?
He'd better do it fast.
 
Yuugi was waiting when they returned and to say he was NOT HAPPY was an understatement. Even though Anzu tried to explain it, Yuugi was in no mood to be sympathetic, and ran off before anything else could be resolved.
And at this time, possessed! Kaiba appeared on scene…

End Chapter
Completed 10/16/05