Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Malik ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!

Heero: I can't take it anymore!

Wingzero: And I thought you were the perfect soldier.

Heero: In war! Not against these …………………… nut cases! They make Lady Une look sane!

Death Scythe: You might need this. *hands over headache medicine*

Heero: *takes a couple pills* Now I need a vacation. *leaves*

Death Scythe: *snickers* My hikari does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or Gundam Wing.

Calin had his arms on mine, guiding them in a swinging motion, when all of a sudden something leapt right of the bushes and onto …………………………̷ 0;…………

the fighting Bakuras.

"Yami!" A young Egyptian male ran after our attacker. "They are not the ones who are after our item."

Standing up, the attacker nodded his head, acknowledging the younger looking of the two. "These two possess millennium items."

Ryou stood up and straightened out his clothing. "You have the millennium rod." He inclined his head towards the millennium item."

"Yes, I do." The second person said. He then looked around our camp site. "Are all those your duel monsters?"

"Well, one of them is." Ryou sighed. "The one that's fighting itself is my Change of Heart card, Duo. By the way, I'm Ryou, and this is Bakura." He pointed to himself and then to his yami, who was standing next to him.

"My name is Joey Wheeler." Joey introduced himself. "My Flame Swordsman, Orion."

"Tristan Taylor." Tristan said. "My Cyber Commander, Cyan."

"Seto Kaiba." The billionaire said, and he pointed to one of the Blue Eyes White Dragon. "Drake. The other one belongs to Yugi."

"I'm Yugi." I introduced myself. "And that's Yami. Over there is my Dark Magician, Mirai. Standing next to me is Calin, my Celtic Guardian, and the second Blue Eyes is Arian."

Finally, it was his turn. "My name is Malik and this is my yami."

"By any chance, did they take something or someone away from you?" Yami asked out of the blue.

"They tried to steal our millennium rod." Yami Malik growled.

"Perhaps, they kidnapped your grandpa in order to force you to surrender your millennium puzzle." Ryou contemplated. He faced my yami and me.

"Then why haven't they gone after you?" Tristan wondered as he stared at the Bakura's.

"I don't know." Ryou shook his head.

"Maybe it's your yami." Joey whispered in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut up!" Bakura growled at Joey, who scrambled to hide behind his duel monster.

"Would you like to join us?" I offered the two Malik's.

"We work alone." Malik stated before he joined his yami.

I was about to go after them when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Calin had a serious look on his face, one which he doesn't use often. "Some people work better alone than with others. I should know."

Deciding not to put pressure on the issue, I readied Calin's sword for practice. I made sure the elf was out of harms way before I started swinging it. It took a moment for the Celtic Guardian to realize I was once again practicing.

An hour had gone by, when the Malik's came crashing into our campsite, with a toon bunny hot on their trail. As they reached us, they were breathing very deeply and looked like they were going to pass out any second now.

"MIRAI!!" I screamed for the second person who came into my mind. Yami was taking a nap, so I couldn't wake him up in time.

"Dark Magic Attack!" Mirai yelled, pointing his staff at the bunny. A ball of energy shot towards the pursuing bunny, causing it to explode.

"Gee, I wonder who could have sent that!" Joey muttered, full of sarcasm.

"I think it goes by the name of a magical creature." Tristan also joined in.

The two Malik's dropped onto the ground while taking deep breaths. We waited for them to regain their composure before we asked any questions. Malik fell asleep within a matter of seconds. His yami managed to stay awake long enough to answer our questions.

"What happened?" Yami had finally woken up and moved beside Yami Malik. I sat right beside my yami, with our duel monsters hovering around nearby, just in case Yami Malik decided to pull a stunt.

"We were ambushed!" Yami Malik growled. "I should have seen it coming." He slammed his fist into the ground. "They were waiting for us in the perfect spot." He muttered a few curses in Egyptian.

"They're after the millennium items!" Bakura spoke up. His voice was filled with anger. "We have four of them here. What an easy target we make! We should just paint a sign ……"

"Bakura, enough!" Ryou chided his darker half. "We don't need that negative thinking right now."

"What can we do?" Seto asked. "We don't even know who our enemy is."

"The millennium ring should point us in the right direction, that is if he or she already has one of the items already." I mentioned thoughtfully. "It helped us locate Pegasus."

The others face faulted when I said it. What? "Why didn't we think of that before we went on this merry chase?" Seto growled.

"Aw, all that homework!" Joey complained.

"We're worried about the fate of millions and all you can think about is your homework?!" Yami screamed at the poor blond boy, who cowered behind his Flame Swordsman.

"Our Millennium Rod's had no effect on whoever was attacking us." Yami Malik revealed. "We should have been dead, but instead we fled. We're such cowards."

"Better to a coward and alive, than brave and dead." Tristan said. "I remember the time we spent in the Shadow Realm as duel monsters."

"Then we can have our revenge." Yami Malik said with an evil glint in his eyes.

"But first we have to save my grandpa." I said firmly.

"Yeah, yeah." Yami Malik mumbled, only to receive a death glare from my yami. (Heero: Why does everybody copy me?)

Ryou handed Yami Malik a cup of water, which he quickly drank. Bakura was hovering close to his hikari. Normally, he wouldn't have cared less, but ever since we talked, he'd changed for the better.

"What's our first move?" Joey asked, now beside his duel monster instead of behind.

"Our first move is to rest." Yami answered huskily. "Malik doesn't look like he can go much further. Yami Malik can probably walk with us, but he can't defend himself should we face another attack. My aibou needs his rest as well." I protested, only to have it ignored. "He had a long sword practice."

"I don't mind, really." I said.

"The sun should be setting in an hour." Seto commented, looking at the sun fading away in the west.

"We'll go collect fire wood." Joey volunteered as he dragged his duel monster with him.

"I think I should go with them." Tristan said hastily before making his departure. Cyan followed his master.

Our two dragons appeared to be restless, as if they sensed something was coming. I wondered what it was.

/Arian, what is it?/

///Master, I sense danger near by.///

[I also have had similar feelings.]

//That makes three of us.//

{What are you talking about?}

[You wouldn't know.]

{And why not?} Calin pouted through our mental link.

//Because you're not in tune with your magic like the rest of us.//

/What about me?/

//Aibou, you're still learning. You have to be patient.//

/Oh./

A couple of hours later, everyone was sitting around the campfire, eating whatever we managed to find. Ryou, his yami and the Change of Heart had gone fishing. After gathering enough firewood, Joey and Tristan, along with their duel monsters, went in search for edible plants. I wanted to tag along, but Yami insisted I rest. Calin asked if he could join, because as an elf, he was exposed to the different varities of plants. I allowed him to go, but only if he behaved himself.

For dinner, we had strange looking plants, cooked fish, and a few familiar dishes. We didn't want to use up the food we had packed, because we didn't know how long we'd be there. Hopefully, we wouldn't be more than a few days at the most.

Joey didn't seem to have his usual appetite tonight. Guess it must be the food. Our yami's didn't eat, so they had nothing to complain about. Also, our duel monsters don't eat as well, so they spent their time guarding us from unwanted visitors.

During the discussion, we talked about everything. We discussed the different duel monsters and strategies. Yami and Seto had a wide knowledge. I don't know about Malik. Obviously, Joey was hanging onto every word, because he wanted to become a better duelist.

///Master!///

/What is it, Arian?/

///Something is headed your way!///

[I don't see anyone.]

//What are you talking about?//

{There he is!}

Standing up abruptly, the other ceased their conversation and turned their attention to me. The other duel monsters had appeared next to their respective master, standing ready to attack anything that attacked.

Mirai teleported next to me. Calin was following this creature. Arian and Drake hovered overhead, since it was too crowded to be near us.

"Do you see anything?" I asked Yami.

He shook his head and his eyes kept darting back and forth. "I sense shadow powers."

"I thought I was the only one." Bakura snorted as he tested his ring for any Millennium Items other than ours.

"It can't be him!" Yami Malik gasped.

"What do yah mean?" Joey asked, not daring to look at the yami.

"I mean he attacked us earlier, but we managed to escape before he caused any physical damage to us." Yami Malik explained.

"How are we supposed to defend ourselves against it?" Tristan asked nobody in particular.

"We'll just have to wait and see." Yami said.

Loud footsteps moved closer to us. The sun had already set, giving the place an eerie look and feel to it. Suddenly the figure jumped towards me, but Mirai had a shield waiting for the attacker, who bounced off it and landed within the circle we had created.

We couldn't see its face, because it wore a hood that covered its face. I didn't even know if it was male or female. Holding up a staff, he began to chant Egyptian words. Mirai followed suit and was also chanting words. Calin foolishly ran up to the attacker in order to stop the spell, only to receive a painful blow. It sent him flying right into Seto.

Both magicians battled with large amounts of magic. I don't know how much more Mirai can take, but I feared for his safety. The others couldn't do anything but watch. They realized they couldn't win this battle with their weapons so they had to rely on the spell casters of the group.

Yami Bakura had some training in it, but it wouldn't be enough, considering what spells these two were using. He screamed a few `nice' words before erecting a barrier between the evil magician and his aibou along with their duel monster. Though, I think he would rather leave Duo out and be gone with the nuisance.

Yami Malik, apparently tired from their first battle, also created a shield around him and his hikari. He couldn't help us, even if his life depended on it. We all knew he needed more rest before he could attack at full power.

Soon, Mirai was lying on the ground bruised and battered. Next, Yami took his place and began attacking. Calin managed to crawl all the way over next to Mirai, who looked very pale. He laid his head onto the magician's chest, pleading for the Dark Magician to stay with him.

Seto had Drake guarding him from above. Arian wanted to help me, but he couldn't come anywhere close so he helped his fellow dragon guard the billionaire.

Yami held his position until the attacker unleashed a vicious assault, causing my other half to fly across the site and smash into a tree. Fortunately, one of us, (cough, cough) needed to dry his sleeping bag, so he hung it on that very tree. It cushioned the blow.

Quickly, I ran over to Yami, tears streaming down my face. I feared he might be gone, gone from my life forever. When I reached him, I found him still breathing. Right then, I wanted to heal him, but someone else had something else in mind. He used his power to float over to us.

"Join me." His smooth voice carried in the wind. He reached out his hand to me.

I couldn't possibly join him after seeing what he did to my friends, to my love. Did I just think that? I must be going crazy. I just met the guy and I had fallen hard for him. Oh boy! Now I have to face this power hungry demon, bent on world domination. I think that was what he wanted.

Yami Bakura had a hard time keeping up his defense. Both he and his hikari were struggling to keep alive while being drained of their strength. Yami Malik looked like one more attack would finish him. Malik was in the same state. Mirai and Calin both required medical help. Our dragons fared much better than the rest of us. They couldn't attack, for they fear hitting us in the process. Duo just gave everyone a migraine.

Orion and Cyan gave each other glances before apologizing to their masters. They rushed to the attacker, but both were suddenly blown back by a great amount of magic. Fortunately, Orion was agile and managed to dodge most of it. This gave him an opening, which he used to his full advantage. Readying his blade, he jumped up to the unsuspecting attacker and swung his sword with all his might, despite his protesting muscles. The attacker, surprised by this sudden attack, couldn't erect a barrier fast enough or move out of the way. A long gash appeared on his chest before he used his magic to fling Orion away from him.

All of my friends were down. Tears rushed down my face as I looked at my enemy. How I wanted to bring him down. Normally, I won't think this way, but after he nearly killed all of my friends, I'm done with being the nice guy. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. If Yami died, then God have mercy on my enemy's soul, because I won't.

"So you've finally come to your senses?" The enemy smirked.

Anger shot through my body as I responded. "I will NEVER join you!"

"Pity." He mocked me. "I wonder what your friends will think of you when you allowed them to die."

"They will not die!" I yelled back at him.

"Such denial," he said in a calm voice before raising his hand and pointing it towards .…………………………R 30;.. Yami!

I moved in front of him to block the attack, but Yami shoved me out of the way, refusing to allow harm come to me. As the attack approached him, I screamed his name, sobbing.

Suddenly, a bright light enveloped me. I felt at peace, as if we weren't under attack. Floating amongst the clouds, I heard voices, familiar voices. I smiled, without thinking about it. I wondered where I was.

Just as suddenly as I came here, I was abruptly pulled back into the real world, where I saw my friends alive and well. They didn't look like they were in a fight for their lives. When I studied their expressions, they appeared to be in some state of shock. I turned to Yami, who also had a similar appearance.

"You will pay!" With that, I lunged at my enemy.