Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ A Night at the Hide Out ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't belong to me, what a tragedy.

The transition between our locations had been successful, though we had a little few incidents along the way. Calin had nearly scared a poor woman out of her mind, when he thought she was going to attack us. She was hunched over carrying an unknown item. I couldn't blame the elf for being jumpy, after what we had been through. The Blue Eyes White Dragons had a field day, trying to avoid smashing into cars and such. They had to be very careful where they stepped, especially around us. We had a hard time keeping Duo quiet. In the end, Bakura had to gag his duel monster. When Duo tried to remove it, his master used a spell to keep it on the Change of Hearts. Orion had rear guard duty along with Calin. Cyan took the middle section of our group, while Mirai had taken up front guard. Seto, Yami, and I were in the front. Mokuba, Tea, Joey, Tristan, and Pegasus were in the middle of the group. Malik and his yami floated around our group, since they didn't trust anyone in particular. Bakura and his hikari were closer to the rear.

Upon our arrival, Seto immediately assigned us room. Since he and Mokuba were the only ones who had been here, the rest of waited for either brother to show us to our rooms. Yami, Mirai, Calin, and I shared rooms. Rooms were limited. Joey, Tristan, Orion, and Cyan occupied another room. Ryou, Bakura, and Duo shared a room. I pitied those two. They have to deal with that Change of Hearts twenty four hour, seven days a week. Malik, his yami, Seto, and Mokuba received a room. Pegasus and Tea each received their own room. Ryou didn't want to be in the same room as Pegasus. He didn't exactly trust the guy. I don't blame him, since I still don't trust him. Tea, well, you can pretty much guess why she received her own room.

Inside our room, we prepared to go to bed, because it was getting late already. We had taken our time getting here. It was hard trying to sneak two dragons and a bunch of duel monsters in the night. Somehow we managed to pull it off. In each room, there were two bunk beds. I took the bottom, while Yami had the top. Calin wanted the top bunk, but Mirai beat him to it. The Dark Magician claimed it while the elf warrior looked around the room. Currently Yami sat on our bed going through our deck. Mirai had a book, which he borrowed from Yami and was reading it. Calin looked as bored as ever. He yawned a few times. I need something to do, maybe sleep would do me some good.

Sitting up, I walked over to my overnight bag and pulled out my toothbrush along with a tube of toothpaste. Heading towards our personal bathroom, I noticed Calin watching my every movement. I never knew he was that bored. As I shut the door, I saw the Celtic Guardian turn his attention to something else. I don't know what, since I wasn't paying any attention to it.

After finishing up in the bathroom, I headed towards my bed and flopped down on it, not even bothering to change out of my day outfit. I felt too tired to change. Turning over I noticed both dark magic users preoccupied with their studies.

/I'm so tired, except I can't seem to fall asleep./

{Have you tried counting Kuriboh?}

/Kuriboh?/

{It helps me.}

/Don't you mean sheep?/ I questioned my duel monster. Turning over, I noticed he had an amused face on, which could only mean trouble.

{I mean Kuriboh. We usually do in our realm.} He leaned back against the wall, carefully studying my reactions.

/I guess it would be Kuriboh for you, duel monsters./

{And it would be sheep for humans.} The elf chuckled out loud. The others were either too absorbed in their work or have gone temporarily deaf. Suddenly, my Celtic Guardian started laughing and clutching his side.

/What's so funny?/ I asked. I raised my brow in curiosity.

//That's what I would like to know.// Yami had paused from rearranging our deck and now his attention was on us.

[What's going on?] Mirai had torn his attention away from the book to us.

{Nothing.} The elf hastily replied.

/Were eavesdropping on my thoughts?/ I slightly glared at the elf, who nervously laughed.

{You were broadcasting your thoughts.}

//We didn't hear.// Yami appeared to be suspicious.

[I also didn't hear a thing.] Mirai backed up my darker half.

{If you weren't absorbed in your activities, you would have heard.}

/I should really guard my thoughts./ I spoke to myself. Hmm………….. We have to locate the other millennium item holders. So far we have four out of the seven items. We have the eye, puzzle, rod, and ring. We still have to find the scales, ankh, and tauk. /Where do we start searching for them?/

{Them?} The elf appeared to be lost.

[What are you referring to?] Mirai decided to shut the book and placed it beside him.

/I am referring to the other millennium item holders./ I sighed before staring at the bottom of the top bunk.

//We do know Isis has the millennium tauk.// Yami said trying to cheer me up.

/We don't even know where she is./ I pointed that out to my dark spirit.

{He got you there.}

[Calin, don't be rude to our masters.] The magician chided the elf.

//I don't mind.// He had his legs dangling over the side.

/Too bad there is only one millennium ring. Then we could have two people searching for Isis………../

Yami jumped off his bed without warning, startling the rest of us. "But we do have two rings, if Ryou and Bakura are separate. We can have two separate groups."

"Do you know if Bakura would go along with your plan?" Calin asked suspicious of Ryou's darker half.

"Would he even allow his hikari to be in a separate group?" Mirai questioned. He does have a point. Bakura hasn't allowed his light to leave his sight or at least the vicinity.

"We will have to ask," I spoke up. "I'm sure he would, since we will need to find the other millennium item holders as soon as possible."

"True," the others chorused.

Yawning, I rolled over. "Good night."

****Malik's POV****

"Quit fidgeting around!" my yami yelled at me.

When we had reached our room, I nervously sat on my bed, my eyes darting around the room waiting for something to attack us. The last time, we were caught completely off guard. If it weren't for Yugi's Dark Magician we would have been caught. "And what you going to do about it?" I asked him, while pulling off an innocent face.

"I'll tie you to the bed," the older Kaiba growled. He had been typing away on his computer. Each bedroom contained a computer, but only this one had any connection to the main network. The other ones were connected to each other except for the one in this room.

"But Big Brother," the younger Kaiba whined. He bounced over to his brother and kept tugging on his arm. "You promised you would ……………"

"Mokuba, I'm sorry, but I have urgent matters at hand," Seto gently told his younger brother, who looked about to burst into tears. "Lives are at stake, mainly ours. So please, find someone else to play with."

"Okay," Mokuba said reluctantly before hopping over in our direction. My yami sat on the opposite side of the bed with his arms folded across his chest. "Do you want to do play?"

"I'm not in the mood to," I honestly admitted to the boy. Truthfully, I wasn't in the mood to do anything right now, other than worry about our next attack.

Before the black haired boy could ask my yami, Ishtar growled at Mokuba. Apparently, he wasn't in the mood to play. My darker half glared at the younger boy and myself. Gee, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Oh wait, I still had his version of our millennium rod. I guess he wanted it back.

Pulling his version out of my pack, I stood up to hand it over to him, but upon seeing it, he reached over and grabbed. I sighed before releasing my grip on it, allowing him to attain it. Maybe he might lighten up, now that he has his millennium rod back.

"That is the last time I play truth or dare," he announced while holding the millennium rod tightly. Oh, that wasn't going to be fun. If he wasn't going to play, then it wouldn't be fun.

"What do you think the others are doing?" Mokuba asked as he took up the space next to me on my bed.

"I don't know," I answered while my yami decided to practice sword fighting. You know that style looks very familiar. I have seen it before, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Suddenly, we heard someone yelling very loudly and in Egyptian. As quickly as it started, it had stopped. It had to either be Yami, Bakura, or Yugi. I doubt it would be Yugi, because he hardly cursed at all. I waited until the person starting yelling again. Yup, I was right. It was Bakura, yelling at the top of his lungs. Must have been Duo, again. I pitied both of them. Then again, Ryou chose the Change of Hearts as his favorite card.

"What is he saying?" Mokuba asked me curiously.

"You're too young to hear them," I answered him with a stern voice.

"I'm not that young," Mokuba whined and protested at the same time.

"Yes you are," Seto said, surprising all of us, because we thought he was preoccupied with his work. He didn't even bother looking back at us. "I appreciate your concern."

"Aw, Big Brother," Mokuba whined some more. "You let me watch PG movies.*

"This is different," Seto answered very sternly. Finally he pushed himself away from his computer and looked over in my direction. Taking this as a hint, I stood up and walked over to him. Bending over, I whispered a few of the comments.

"You are definitely, not here those!" Seto's voice held a firm resolution.

"Why?" Mokuba pouted.

"I'll check on Ryou and his yami," I said quickly. I didn't want to get into another sibling fight. I had one big sister to deal with. That was enough for me.

Heading out the room, I made a dash over to Ryou's room. I poked my head into the room to find a tornado had literally torn up the place. "What happened here?"

"Guess who?" Bakura said sarcastically, while using bind energy to hold their duel monster in one place.

"Oh," I answered noting the destruction and mayhem. "You'd better clean this up before Seto sees it. He wasn't in a good mood when I left him."

"Why?" Ryou questioned me as he started to clean up.

"Because Mokuba wanted to know what someone was yelling," I answered casually, while glancing over towards Bakura's direction.

"Bakura!!" Ryou scolded his yami. "You know how many times, I told you not to swear."

"No one could understand it!" Bakura protested. He concentrated on the card as to not let the Change of Hearts escape.

Ryou placed his hands over his hips. "Oh really?"

"I promise I won't swear," Bakura sighed.

"You'll take forever to clean that up," I informed them. Before either one of them could reply, I used my magic to clean up the room.

"How did you do that?" Ryou blinked a few times as his mind tried to register what just happened. His yami also had the same reaction, but he kept his hold on his duel monster.

"I've been practicing," I replied nonchalantly.

"Can you teach me?" Ryou asked nervously. I guess he would act that way, ever since my yami and I had made our appearance. Maybe I should allow them to see the real me.

"Sure why not," I said, smiling a little. Suddenly Bakura glared at me. What? Was it something I said? I only agreed to teach him magic. It wasn't like I was asking him to hop into the sack.

"Bakura, why are you getting angry?" Ryou asked, looking completely innocent.

"Never mind," Bakura said while keeping an eye on their duel monster. He finally decided to use a sleep spell on it. Finally, we can get some peace and quiet around here.

"I'll be heading back," I said, slipping out of the room, before Duo breaks the spell, assuming he can actually perform it.

****Ryou's POV****

Glancing at the clock, I realized we were supposed to be awake. Seto told us to wake up by seven. It was now half past seven. I grumbled as I attempted to get out of bed. Notice the word attempted. Apparently, my yami decided to sleep outside of the ring. He also decided to sleep in the same bed as me with his arm around my waist. Not that I was going to complain or anything. I was glad that he had changed for the better.

Bakura mumbled something incoherently. I think he was asking to sleep in. Fat chance. If I had to be awake, then he had to, too. Oh great, my yami was starting to rub off on me. Shaking the former tomb robber, I tried to wake him up.

"This is useless," I thought out loud. Turning around to where we had tied up Duo, I discovered he had escaped. To where, I don't have a clue.

"Wake up!!!" I yelled at my darker half. "Duo's escape!!!"

Shooting straight up pulling me with him, Bakura glanced around the room. His eyes finally settled on the location where our duel monsters used to be. "This is not good."

"You're telling me," I sighed as we both took off searching for our duel monster.

Loud Egyptian cursing could be heard throughout the hide out. I followed the voices back to the dining area, where Duo was aggravating the Maliks as usual. Yugi tried hard not to laugh at the situation while his darker half had an expressionless face. Calin and Mirai were meditating in the corner. Orion and Cyan were chatting away. Their masters had yet to make an appearance. Seto and his little brother sat together at the table. They were eating their breakfast with Yugi. Yamis don't require food to sustain them. They only ate for pleasure. That left only Tea and Pegasus. Speaking of which, where were they?

"Where's Tea?" I asked Seto before sitting in an unoccupied chair.

"Tea has been cooking breakfast," Seto said.

"Is it even edible?" Bakura questioned, poking the food on the plate.

"We haven't had anyone passing out on us," Seto said calmly and casually.

"Speaking of which, there is something we have been meaning to ask you," Yugi stated. He had a concerned look on his face. This can't be good.

"What is it?" I asked, while helping myself to the food before a certain blonde wakes up.

"We have found a way to find Isis," Yami answered for his hikari. "Though I doubt Bakura would like the plan."

"What do you mean I wouldn't like it?" Bakura growled at the former pharaoh and his hikari.

"Please calm down," I tried to reason with him. Sometimes, there was no getting through to him. It must be that thick skull of his. "We haven't heard what their plan."

"Since the two of you can separate," Yugi started the explanation, being very careful about his wording. "We thought we can double the chances of finding Isis before they do."

"Are you suggesting that my hikari and I go in separate groups," Bakura literally exploded.

"It's the only way we can have two millennium rings present at the same time," Yami explained their position. "They were created to locate the other items."

"We'll do it," I said firmly.

//I don't like the sound of it.//

/Neither do I, but they do have a point./

//And what point would that be?//

/When we separate, we will have two millennium rings./

//So?//

/We can cover more ground that way./

//And?//

/Think about it, whoever tried to kill us is looking for the eighth millennium item. If he or she gets a hold of it, then we don't stand a chance./

//I guess you're right about that.//

/Either way, we end up risking our lives./

//I don't like our choices.//

/At least we have choices./

"I have a feeling you're up to something," my other half stated calmly, almost frighteningly.

"You can view it that way," Yugi's yami said calmly. "We only want to find the millennium items before they do, and the only way I know how is through the power of the millennium ring. I wouldn't have suggested if I could have located them, using my millennium puzzle."

"When do we start?" I asked changing the subject, before anyone gets hurt.

"We start as soon as everyone is awake," Seto said, placing his coffee down.

"A heard of elephants couldn't wake Joey up," Yugi sighed. He had known Joey longer than I have. Also they were the best of friends.

"I doubt Ishtar's screaming woke him up," Yami mentioned the cursing earlier.

As if on cue, Ishtar approached us with our duel monster bound by rope. "I believe this is yours."

"Oh, thanks," I muttered after swallowing a bite.

Without saying another word, he headed to where his hikari stood. They both turned and walked towards the bedroom section.

Bakura glared at our duel monster, daring him to make a mistake. "Good." He said, when our duel monsters behaved, for once.

This was going to be a long day.

Wingzero: HOLY COW!!! What a crappy chapter!!!! Oh well, I promise there will be more action next chappie.

DS: *from another location* Please tell my aibou you like her story. She thinks it has gone down hill and is considering halting it. Thank you.