Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Melted ❯ Took My Breath Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I may not use all the characters, but here are the name translations anyway.

Seto Kaiba= Seto Kaiba-Sophomore

Shizuka Katsuya= Serenity Wheeler-Supposed to be a freshman, but was moved to the sophomore class due to high test scores

Anzu Mazaki= Tea Gardener-Sophomore

Yugi Mouto= Yugi Mouto-Sophomore, amazingly

Jounouichi (Jou) Katsuya= Joey Wheeler-Sophomore

Mai Kujaku = Mai Valentine-Junior

Honda Hiroto = Tristan Taylor-Sophomore

Ryou Bakura =Bakura-Sophomore

Bakura = Yami Bakura-In the millennium ring, but I guess sophomore

Mokuba Kaiba = Mokuba Kaiba-Junior high school, probably around 6th or 7th grade

* School note: In my story, all the students have the same classes with each other, except for 6th, which was their elective.

* Note: Well, I guess it takes after battle city, just pretend Shizuka and he had never really met. They've heard of each other, but have not been formally introduced.

"Melted"

A pair of icey blue eyes glared out underneath chocolate bangs. Those particular pair of eyes belonged to the apathetic, frosty CEO of the Kaiba Corporation. The time was 7:43 AM, first period was about to start. Seto was currently slouched at his desk towards the back of the room, while no one else sat next to him; his intimidating presence demanded that he be left alone.

His eyes wandered to the front of the room, where he saw his so-called-rival Yugi Mouto was throwing small paper airplanes to the spry cheerleader Anzu. The brunette giggled, her nimble fingers hurriedly working to make her own army before Yugi.

Beaming when she successfully made her first, she closed one eye for aim, her pink tongue sticking out of the side of her mouth a bit, waited for the right opportunity, and threw. It hit the left side of Yugi's head, sticking out of his multi-colored hair. Seto looked away in annoyance from their child-like simplicity, rolling his blue eyes when he heard giggles erupt. Whether they were from the girl, or from Yugi, he couldn't tell.

Looking over towards the dark corner of the left side of the room, he saw Ryou sitting quietly, an Anne Rice novel in hand. At least I'm not the only one alone. Seto found himself thinking.

Suddenly, an airplane glided across the room lightly hitting Ryou in his forehead. He looked up to see Anzu grinning and holding up the "peace" sign. Ryou smiled and shook his head, putting his book away as the teacher sauntered in.

The man had dark brown, almost black, hair, with unruly bangs falling into his deep brown eyes. Seto "humphed" when several of the girls in the class let out a dreamy sigh, each pair of their eyes intently watching him; ready to listen to every word to come out of his finely sculpted lips.

The teacher, known as "Mr. Kishimoto", set his black leather briefcase down on the table, the audible "thud" making the whole class quiet down and pay attention, even Seto.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "Class, we have a new student arriving to"-

Mr. Kishimoto was cut off by the classroom door swinging open, one brunette and one blonde boy rushing into the class. They slinked towards their desks near Anzu and Yugi, trying to be inconspicuous (failing miserably, of course).

Seto shook his head in amazement at their stupidity, watching in amusement as the teacher grabbed the two boys by the back of their necks like naughty little puppies. "See class? These two young men are fine examples of slackers! Mr. Jou Katsuya and Honda Hiroto. What exactly would your excuses be for being late this time?"

Jou and Honda shifted nervously in their teacher's grasp, looking desperately to Anzu and Yugi for help. Yugi just shook his head as if saying "I'm not helping you this time. You've been late enough.", while Anzu pointed to her stomach. They looked at her quizzically, while she just pointed to her stomach more furiously.

An understanding look came across their face as realization dawned on them. Honda turned to Mr. Kishimoto, lifting up his non-uniform white T-shirt. His stomach was bandaged up, and one could see the dried blood through the white bandages. Jou gave Anzu the thumbs-up, who just shook her head and looked towards Yugi, who was frowning a bit. She gave him an apologetic smile, which immediately softened him up. Seto noticed curiously that Ryou's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the attention she was giving the short boy.

"Well ya see", he heard Jou say, "On our way over here, we were going to be early, by da way, Honda's cycle collided with mine, luckily, I came out with no injuries. Poor Honda here wasn't so fortunate!" He exclaimed passionately, Honda nodding his vigorously in agreement. "So I took him to the infirmary right away! And that's why we were late, Mr. Kishimoto."

The teacher sighed and threw his hands up in the air exasperatedly. "Now if only you two boys could put as much effort into your school work as you do making up these elaborate stories! I know you got that injury during cooking, Honda. How anyone manages to cut themselves with a knife in the stomach, I'll never understand. You may sit down. I'll excuse you today for your imagination."

"It was Jou's fault…" Honda mumbled. "We were sword fighting." Seto rolled his eyes. I can't believe I'm in the same class as these bumbling idiots.

"Mr. Kishimoto walked back to his desk. "Now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," he said with emphasis, giving a glare to Honda and Jou who had started making castles with erasers they found on the floor, "We have a new student joining our school today. She's arriving during homeroom. (Second period) What I'm looking for is someone to show her around, maybe someone that could also benefit from the experience."

Seto scoffed while crossing his arms over his chest. There's no way I'll get roped into this. His icy blue eyes slid to a close, the sounds of the people around him a faint buzzing in his ears as he drifted off in his own world.

Mr. Kishimoto's eyes skimmed over the class. Yugi and Anzu already have good people skills…I'm not sending the girl off to her doom with Jou and Honda…I understand Jou's her brother, I bet she gets enough torture at home…

The cynical teacher thought, openly glaring at Jou and Honda who took wadded up paper to try and knock down each other's eraser castles they had made earlier.

Ryou may be a good choice, he's friendly and an all around good student…might be good for him to get more involved. He thought while he watched Ryou read one of his dark novels.

Ah-hah! Bingo!

"Seto Kaiba." His voice boomed out over the classes' noise, startling the semi-sleeping boy awake instantly. "I have chosen you to give our new student the tour. There is a break between this and the next class; I want you to start then. You can finish it during lunch or something, I dunno, it's none of my concern."

Seto jumped up, pounding his balled fist on the desk, causing the class to stare. He flushed just the tiniest bit, "You can't make me give her the tour! I will not be stuck with another snot- nosed sniveling brat during the only time I have to myself at this forsaken school!" He hissed out between clenched teeth.

Mr. Kishimoto's soft eyebrows rose. "Oh really, I can't, you say? How about this. You give the tour, or you fail your sophomore year. And due to your smart mouth, the class has group projects that will be due in two weeks." Seto sat down a bit ashamedly as the class groaned in unison.

"I will name the partners right now."

"Anzu Mazaki, Yugi Mouto, and Ryou Bakura." A high-five between Anzu and Yugi could be heard, while Anzu turned around to wave and smile brightly at Ryou, who flushed and waved back shyly.

"I'm digging my grave by doing this, but, Jounouichi Katsuya and Honda Hiroto." A collective "All right!" was heard between the two, and they exchanged high-fives as well.

"Seto Kaiba and…." Seto anxiously waited for his doom. "And our new student, Shizuka Katsuya." "WHAT?!" Jou and Seto yelled together. "Dere's no way you're puttin' that creep with my sister, Mr. Kishimoto!" "Save your breath, dog-boy, I'm not working with anyone related to you, I assure you."

"Remember what I said before, Mr. Kaiba," the teacher mocked. Seto groaned and covered his face with his hands, wishing this was all one big nightmare and he'd wake up in his creamy white silk pajamas in his cushiony king sized bed. Just then the bell rang, waking Seto from his fantasy. He opened his eyes to see Jou glaring down him, hands firmly planted on his hips. Anzu, Yugi and Ryou hung out near the doorway while Honda stood just behind his friend.

"I knew Shizuka was comin' to our school, but I didn't know she was gonna be in our classes. I swear, pretty boy". Jou growled leaning into Seto's face who stared back unfazed, "If you so much as touch one of the hair's on my sister's head, it will be your head on my wall. Capiche?"

"Yeah yeah, puppy, I got it. Now move out of my way." Seto commanded, getting his briefcase together and pushing the three waiting by the door aside.

I cannot believe this. I have to work with Jou's sister? Just great. There's no way I'm going over to that dog's house…now where am I supposed to find her?

"Um, excuse me; I'm looking for Seto Kaiba…" Seto heard the soft voice ask timidly as he felt the tug on his white trench coat. Seto turned around, inwardly groaning, until he saw who was speaking to him.

Seto's frosty eyes widened and his cheeks turned a light rose pink, while his breath was taken away. "My name is Shizuka Katsuya, pleased to meet you." She said bowing, while Seto just stood there unblinking.

She…she's Jou's sister?

* Okay, first off, the main characters of this story are Shizuka and Seto (obviously) and Jou and Mai. Anzu may not be in here very much, but I still ask that you DO NOT BASH HER whatsoever. She's a very fond character of mine.

Second, reviews are what keep me going. I won't update if I don't know people's thoughts. *