Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ Not So Good Reunion ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurayami24: okay! This is where they meet again at school when they are 16 and Mokuba 10, okeys?

 

Kurai: not okeys. It sucks. *smirks*

 

Kurayami24: oh, so NOW you aren't being lazy eh? (A/N: check bio to know what I mean) so that means that you can do the disclaimer for me!

 

Kurai: Oh hell no! Don't make me do the disclaimer! *sarcastically panics*

 

Kurayami24: shut up and just do it!

 

Kurai: Fine! Roy24 doesn't own Yugioh or any of its characters! Happy now!?

 

Kurayami24: Yes, much.

 

A/N: At the end of the story, I'll be thanking the reviewers!

 

Now onto the story!

 

Chapter 3: Not So Good Reunion

 

"Hey Tea! Wait up!" Yugi Moto yelled as he tried to catch up to his best friend, Tea Gardner.

 

"Don't worry Yugi! I'm not in that much of a hurry!" Tea yelled back.

 

Tea, now a 16-year-old going to Domino High, was adopted by Amiko and Tyson Gardner a few weeks after her and Seto's tearful goodbye. It still hurt her to think about her "fiancé" since neither one knew where the other was, but what she didn't know, was that she was going to be reacquainted with him sooner than she thought but not quite the way that she hoped.

 

"Thanks Tea." Yugi said as he caught up to her…just as the bell rang signaling everyone to get to class. "Uh-oh, I think we should hurry Tea if we don't want to be late for class."

 

"Yeah, I think you're right." Tea said as she and Yugi ran the rest of the way to Domino High.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1st Period Japanese Lit. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

`I'm bored.' Tea sighed as she slumped lower in her desk. `Heh, and I'm supposed to be happy and positive all the time…'

 

"Class, can I have your attention please? We have a new student. You can come in now." The Japanese Lit. teacher, Mrs. Tanaka, said as she motioned for everybody to look up front.

 

The first thing that most people saw was the boy's dark blue trench coat. Then they saw his cold emotionless face and brunette hair. He had a briefcase in one hand and using his other to talk -more like yell- into his cell phone.

 

"Class, this is Seto Kaiba." Mrs. Tanaka said as she pointed to Seto. "Could you please tell us more about yourself Mr. Kaiba?"

 

"I DON'T CARE IF SHE GETS FIRED! JUST GET THE STUPID TRANSITION THROUGH!!!" The class heard Seto yell into his phone. "Look, I got to go now, Kiyoshi. Take care of the business for me until I get back, got that?!"

 

"Um…Mr. Kaiba? Could you please tell us a little about yourself?" Mrs. Tanaka timidly said since she knew who exactly WHO this boy was and didn't want to get on his bad side.

 

"Hn. Fine. My name is Seto Ya… Kaiba and I'm the CEO of Kaiba Corp. I have little brother named Mokuba who is 10."

 

"Wait! The Seto Kaiba?! Kaiba Corp.?! You're the CEO of that multi-billion dollar company?!" Everyone turned to see… Tristan Taylor standing up in amazement.

 

`Tristan!!! Why'd you have to do that for?!' Tea silently asked looking towards Tristan. She still hasn't seen the new student.

 

"Mr. Kaiba, I found a place where you can sit. Tea? Please raise your hand so Mr. Kaiba can see where his seat is." Tea raised her hand and got her first real glimpse of Seto Kaiba. `Wait. It can't be. That can't be Seto Yamagata. Could it?'

 

When Seto sat down, Tea noticed that the resemblance was uncanny. He had to be Seto Yamagata! The resemblance was the same right down to the color of his eyes, which were blue. But there was something missing in them, he didn't have that spark of life that he had when they were together at the orphanage. Tea was very tempted to ask him if he was an orphan and if his last name used to be Yamagata, but refrained herself from doing it until lunch.

 

`I just got to know! If he is, does he even remember me? Does he still have my parent's engagement ring?' Tea thought as she grasped the necklace with a lone locket on it, but didn't go unnoticed by a certain CEO sitting next to her.

 

`A locket? Could she be…NO! I shouldn't even be thinking about her! We were separated a long time ago! But what if she is…' Seto thought as he also grasped a necklace, but his had a ring on it; Tea's parent's engagement ring.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Lunch - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

`Oh, how to ask him? I can't just go up to him and say "Hi! I'm Tea Gardner! If you're who I think you are, you would know me as Tea Johnson!" tch. Yeah right! Hm….think, think, think…hm…' The more Tea thought, the more she was unaware of her surroundings, which included Yugi and her friends.

 

"TEA! Earth to Tea! Anyone home!?" Yugi frantically asked, for the fifth time.

 

"Huh? Oh hey Yugi. Sorry about that. I was just thinking how I was going to talk to Seto." Tea said as she snapped out of her deep concentration.

 

"Oh, so you think that he's your long lost fiancé?" Yugi asked, knowing every thing about Tea's past including her and Seto's vow to marry when they were older.