Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ Slow Recovery ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurayami24: Sorry if the last chapter seemed a little rushed… I'll make sure not to do that again… (sweatdrops)

 

Kurai: Does Roy24 need a hug? There's plenty to go around.

 

Kurayami24: No… I do NOT need a HUG. GO…AWAY… KURAI!

 

Kurai: Jeez…what got up your butt?

 

Kurayami24: Kurai, just go! Oh, wait, before you leave, do the disclaimer.

 

Kurai: Fine, I'll go…but at the end of this story, I wanna know what's got you in such a pissy mood, got that?

 

Kurayami24: Sure, whatever… (rolls eyes)

 

Kurai: (sigh) Roy24 doesn't own Yugioh or any of its characters. (worried look in eyes) Are you sure that you're okay?

 

Kurayami24: YES! NOW AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE…GO AWAY!

 

Kurai: Y-yes Ma'am! (runs away)

 

Kurayami24: (Whispers) is he gone? (looks around) Wooh, good. Didn't want him to know that I got some muses, he hates them. (Whistles) You guys, and gals, can come out now!

 

InuYasha: (to Kagome) Stupid wench! Why'd you have to invite my dumbass brother for?!

 

Kagome: SIT BOY!! Sorry `bout that Roy24. He's been in such a bad mood ever since I invited Sesshoumaru to come with us…it is okay, right? (worried look on face)

 

Kurayami24: Of course it's okay! I love Sesshy! Same with these ones too! (Whistles again) Come on out, demons and Mazoku!

 

(Sees Hiei, Kurama, Xelloss, Yusuke (yes, Yusuke is a Mazoku), Koga, Shippo, and Kilala walk into the room, followed by a laughing Rin, Jaken with a boot print on his face, and a slightly amused Sesshoumaru)

 

Kurayami24: Hm…is everybody here? Let's check the list (list pops out of nowhere) let's see… everybody that is supposed to be here during this chapter is. Okay! Now that everybody is here, let's start the story!

 

A/N: This one's a little shorter than usual, but it certainly isn't rushed.

 

- Chapter 4: Slow Recovery -

 

For the rest of the day, Seto avoid Tea like the plaque. He didn't acknowledge her even when she walked backwards in front of him.

 

Sighing, Tea went to go sit by her friends for their last class of the day, Home Economics. `Why? Whywhywhywhywhywhy?! Why'd he have to be so mean?!' Tea thought for not the first time that day.

 

"Um…Tea? Is something the matter?" Yugi asked, sensing that his friend was not just depressed, but VERY depressed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

 

"No, I'm fine Yugi. Nothing's wrong." Tea lied, smiling weakly.

 

"Are you sure?" Yugi asked weakly, not liking that Tea would outright lie to him, he could tell that she was.

 

"Yes, I'm sure. Look! Here comes Joey and Tristan!" Tea said quickly, hoping to change the subject.

 

Sure enough, the two boys were there… and just so happened to be the noisiest two in the class.

 

"I'll take that bet Joey! Be prepared to give me fifty bucks!" Tristan said as he shook Joey's hand, hard.

 

"Yeah, same ta you!" Joey said, shaking Tristan's hand with the same amount of force.

 

"Um…guys? What are you talking about?" Asked a slightly confused Yugi.

 

"Huh? Oh Yugi! Didn't see ya there!" Joey teased about Yugi's height problem, ending his "hand shake" with Tristan. "Me an' Tristan were just betting about which one of us could get a girl faster." (A/N: Remember, this story takes place DIRECTLY before Duelist Kingdom. The story WILL have Duelist Kingdom in it, but a bit later.)

 

"Um…okay." Yugi sweatdropped.

 

"Class, please sit down. Mr. Wheeler, Mr. Taylor, Mr. Moto, and Miss Gardner…please separate your selves until we start with the projects." Their teacher, Mr. Moriyama, said as he pointed to four different tables as he said each name, noticing that his new student still didn't have a place to sit. "Now, Mr. Kaiba, you could sit with Miss Gardner over at table number one, okay?"

 

`Not okay, stupid. Wait, this isn't how I normally think, something must be wrong with me. Am I sick?' Seto thought as he walked over to the table…to find out that the only seat left was next to one and only Tea Gardner. `Great, why me?'

 

`NO! I don't want him to be here right now! Not while I'm an emotional wreck!' Tea thought, frantically trying to find a way for Seto to sit somewhere else…but to no avail. There was nowhere else that he could go!

 

"Hmph. Gardner. Fancy meeting you here." Seto said fully with malice in his voice, but regretted it the instance that he said it. `Man, why do I have to be so mean to her?! I mean, she IS my fiancé after all!'

 

"I sit here, SETO." Tea tried to keep calm. Key word, tried. `Why do I keep wanting to either bash his face in or run and cry?!'

 

"It's Kaiba." Seto gritted out angrily. Hasn't she got it through her head that he wanted her to call him Kaiba the first fifty times that he told her?! `Either she wants to annoy me so much that I'll apologize to her, or she just wants to.' Seto glanced over to where Tea was seated, which was no more than two feet away, to see that she was nearly in tears. `Great, she's going to cry.'

 

Seto wasn't the only one to notice this; in fact…the entire class was watching the exchange. For those who knew Tea before were confused; Tea didn't normally get teary-eyed from an exchange like that! Of course, everybody but Yugi, Seto, and Tea herself didn't know the real reason why she was about to cry, all they knew was that - in their opinions - Seto was being rash and quick to shoot down any forms of friendship…which included being on a first name basis with someone.

 

"Tea! Ya alright?!" asked a confused Joey since all he knew was that Seto was the CEO of Kaiba Corp. and not her supposedly "fiancé".

 

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." Tea said as she tried to hold in her tears. "I-I'll b-be b-back. I n-need t-to go t-to the b-bathroom."

 

"Okay, I'll tell Mista' Moriyama for ya." Joey said as he walked towards the teacher's desk. "Uh, Mista' Moriyama? Tea needed ta go to the bathroom for a moment. She'll be back soon."

 

"Um…thanks Joey. Now get back to your seat." `Does he really think that I didn't notice Miss Gardner run out of here saying that she needed to go to the bathroom?' Mr. Moriyama thought, sweatdropping at Joey's "lack of knowledge".

 

- - - - - - - - - - - Bathroom - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

`Why does he constantly have to be so mean? What happened to the young boy that I used to care for and love?' Tea thought as she remembered her and Seto's better times.

 

: : : : : : : : : : : Flashback : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

 

- - - - - - - - - Three days before Seto's adoption - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

"Hey Seto! Come and play!" Tea yelled as she noticed her best friend trying to sneak away unnoticed. "Play dolls with me!"

 

`Man, I was caught. I was hoping that I would be able to get to my chambers before she saw me.' Seto thought as he reluctantly turned to play with Tea. "Fine Tea, I'll play. Only if we can play in the playground afterwards."

 

"Sure Seto!" `Why do boys always want to play outside? Why can't they be civil and play inside with dolls?' Tea replied, wishing that Seto didn't always make her play outside with him afterwards.

 

Playing with dolls, going outside. That was how Seto and Tea's schedule always was. Until one day… (A/N: don't worry, it's nothing bad.)

 

"Hey Seto! Tea! A photographer is here to take your pictures!" Mr. Taisaku told them as he spotted them playing outside. "Hurry before he leaves!"

 

"Come on Tea! Let's go!" Seto said as he dragged Tea in the general direction that Mr. Taisaku went in. "Don't you want our pictures tooken?"

 

"Yeah, of course! But not right now!" Tea said as she tried to retract her arm from Seto's strong grip. "Please Seto?! I don't wanna get my picture tooken right now!"

 

"Why? It'll be fun! Please?!" Seto asked as he did the very popular puppy dog eyes.

 

"Fine Seto. But only if you do that again. It makes you look cute!" Tea said as she smiled at a slightly embarrassed Seto.

 

The exact picture that the photographer took went strait into Tea's locket after the initial break-off of the two children as a reminder to her what the two of them had when they were little.

 

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : End Flashback : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

 

`Oh Seto. If only you'd tell me what happened then maybe we could work it out!' Tea thought as she slumped herself against the wall. `I vow, that no matter the circumstance, I'm going to find out what happened to you Seto Yamagata! No matter if you like it or not!'

 

Kurayami24: So how was it?! Tell me before Kurai comes back! (Kurai walks in upon hearing his name) damn, to late.

 

Kurai: (sees the muses) what the hell are those doing here?!?!? I thought I strictly told you that I didn't want those yami-wannabees around!

 

Kurayami24: Shut up! This isn't your story to whine about! Now get away from my muses! (lowers voice to sweetness) unless you want me to help you get away…

 

Kurai: Uh, that's n-not n-necessary! I'll b-be seeing m-myself o-out! Bye! (runs, trips, runs again)

 

Everybody: (tries to hold in laughter)

 

Kurayami24: (stifles laugh) yeah, bye!

 

A/N: R&R please!

 

Muses: yeah! R&R!!! um… please!!!