Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ D...Detention?! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurayami24: Howdy all! Here's the next late installment of Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained!
 
Kurai: Yeah, what she said.
 
Kurayami24: Anyways, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, why would I be writing a fanfiction?!
 
Chapter 9: D…Detention?!
 
“What do you mean I have detention?!” Tai and Kaiba yelled at the teacher.
 
I bet you're all wondering how this happened, well…
 
(.) Flashback (.)
 
`Crap, I'm going to be late for first period on the first day of school!' Tai thought as he ran clutching his schedule to his first class through the halls. `Being late sucks!'
 
Tai wasn't the only one who was running behind, the entire crew - Kaiba, Tea, Yugi, Joey, and Tristan - were all late. Luckily Tai knew where his first class was, seeing as Joey and Kaiba both had the same class.
 
“This is all your fault Moneybags!” Joey yelled at Kaiba as they turned down another hallway. “If you hadn't distracted us, we wouldn't be running late!”
 
“Shut it Mutt-face! It's Tai's fault! He's the one who wanted to talk to you and your loser group!” Kaiba retorted angrily. He never was late! Not even once!
 
“Whatever! If it wasn't for you-“ Tai started, but stopped immediately near a door as soon as he noticed that they were being watched by their entire class. “Um… hi?”
 
“I'm glad to see that you all decided to come to class today.” Mr. Hattori said mockingly.
 
“Hn.” Kaiba brushed angrily passed Tai and Joey who were paused in the doorway. “I come when I wish.”
 
“Sure you do Moneybags.” Joey said as he finally took his seat three rows in front of Kaiba. “I still say that it was your fault.”
 
“Shut it, Mutt-face.” Kaiba responded as deadpanned as he could.
“C'mon Yamagata! Can't you make a comeback better than that?!” Tai asked, chuckling slightly.
 
“Tai…” Kaiba literally growled. “You have five seconds.”
 
“Wha? Oh shit…” Tai said as he tore down the hall, forgetting that he was supposed to be in class.
 
“Get your ass back here Tai!” Kaiba said, much to the surprise of the entire class, including the teacher.
 
“Go get `em Moneybags!” Joey said as he jumped up to run after them.
 
“Did he say, what I thought he said?” Masayoshi Kitegawa said as she watched Kaiba and Joey run out of the class, chasing Tai.
 
“If you mean if he said for that new kid to get his ass back here and ran after him like a couple of kids playing tag, then yeah. He did.” Her brother, Atsushi Kitegawa, said as he got up and sneaked a peek out the door. “What the hell?”
 
“Huh? What do you see?” Kasumi Imaizumi, Masayoshi's best friend, asked as she got up and followed Atsushi. “Woah…that's weird.”
 
“What do you mean by that?” With that statement, all of the students ran to door to see…Kaiba attacking Tai for a camera. Not just any camera though, the exact camera that had “Kaiba Blackmail” written all over it. Atsushi glanced over to the far side of the hall and saw Joey trying to catch his breath while laughing hard.
 
“Seto Kaiba! Tai Roy Gardner! Stop your pointless fighting now!” A voice said from farther down the hall. “I can't leave you two guys alone without you fighting about nonsense!”
 
“Hey, isn't that that girl Tea?” Kasumi whispered to Masayoshi as they watched an angry looking Tea walk over to Kaiba and Tai.
 
“Yeah, I think it is.” Masayoshi said as she let hers eyes stray from Tea and her “group” to short boy who emerged after Tea with the brown haired kid -Tristan?- laughing their way to them.
 
“Haha, guys! Stop! You don't need to act like unruly children!” Yugi managed out as he crumpled on the floor laughing.
 
“Tea! Stop your brother and boyfriend from fighting!” Tristan laughed.
 
“Wha? Boyfriend?” Kasumi, Masayoshi, and Atsushi all repeated with shocked expressions on their faces. “Seto Kaiba is Tea Gardner's….boyfriend?!”
 
All at once, Tea stopped walking, Kaiba and Tai stopped fighting, and Tristan and Yugi spotted their many spectators.
 
“I am not her boyfriend!” Kaiba yelled out at the same time as Tea said, “I'm not his girlfriend!”
 
“Yeah, but we all know you wish it to be true Tea.” Tristan smirked as he teased Tea.
“Okay, fine. I admit it. I did when I found out that he was my “long-lost” fiancée. But that was before I found out that he was such a….such a….ass!” Tea screamed out, much to he astonishment -again- of the teacher.
 
“Tea Gardner! Watch your language!” Mr. Hattori managed out with a shocked expression on his face. “And you! You boys have three days detention!”
 
(.) Present (.)
 
“You heard me right. I said that you each have three days of detention! Now everybody, get to class before I start handing out any more!” Mr. Hattori stated loud and clear.
 
“Well, why doesn't Joey have detention?! He came out the same way we did!” Tai yelled angrily at the teacher.
 
“Yes, but he wasn't involved in the fighting. You and Mr. Kaiba were.” Mr. Hattori stated with a mocking grin on his face.
 
`Oh how I wish I could wipe that damn grin off his ugly mug.' Tai thought angrily. “Who gives a damn about that! He still ditched class too!”
 
“Yes, that's why he's going to have LUNCH detention. You two ditched and Were fighting, so that earned you after school detentions instead.” Mr. Hattori said with a wave of his hand as he heard the bell sound, dismissing them. “Class is over. Get the hell outta here.”
 
“Yay. Finally.” Tai said sarcastically as he went into the classroom to fetch his things that he dropped on the floor.
 
“Hey, Tai! What do you have next?” Tea asked as she emerged from the room across with her bag.
 
“Hm…I have kendo next.” Tai read off his paper.
 
“You're taking kendo?” Tea said surprised.
 
“Yeah, what's so amazing about that?” Tai glared at her. “Oh yeah, dad said to come home early so you can do your chores.”
 
“Awh! But I was planning on going to Yugi's house after school!” Tea whined.
 
“So? What does that matter? Who cares, do them then go to Yugi's house.” Tai said as he headed in the direction that he assumed the kendo room was in.
 
“Um…excuse me? Didn't you say that you had kendo?” Masayoshi piped up when she noticed that Tai was going in the wrong direction.
 
“Uh…yeah. I did. Why?” Tai said, staring at Masayoshi. `Woah, she's pretty. I like her blackish-purple hair.'
 
“Well, I just wanted to point out that you're going the wrong direction.” Masayoshi said, pointing towards the direction the room was in. “I have it next, so why don't we go together?”
 
“Sure.” Tai said in a dazed tone.
 
“Just a sec Masa. Let me talk to him first.” Tea said as she dragged her dazed brother behind a corner. “Someone's in love!”
 
“Wha? Who?” Tai said in his dazed tone still.
 
“You doofus!” Tea laughed. “My brother's in looooove!”
 
“I'm not!” Tai said, his face blossoming into a bright red. “I gotta go. Class is going to start.”
 
“Nice excuse Tai!” Tea laughed as she watched her red-faced brother follow Masayoshi towards the kendo room.
 
(.) After school detention (.)
 
`I can't stop thinking about that Masayoshi girl.' Tai thought, realizing that what Tea said might actually be true.
 
“Hey! Tai-no-baka! Wake up from your damned daydreaming!” Kaiba yelled in Tai's ear while wacking him atop the head. “Detention's almost over!”
 
“What? It is?” Tai said as he bolted upright from his slouched position in the chair.
 
“Hn. You better hide or destroy that paper Tai, before I can use it as blackmail.” Kaiba said, pointing to the notebook on Tai's desk.
 
Tai quickly glanced down at the paper that Kaiba was pointing at and instantly turned red. He'd wrote Masayoshi's name all over the paper! “Holy shit!”
 
Quickly, Tai tore the paper out of the notebook and stuffed it in his backpack, making sure that it was at the very bottom of the bag. “You didn't see anything!”
 
“Uh huh, sure I didn't. Then what's this?” Kaiba held up another piece of paper that was covered with Masayoshi's name that he snatched from Tai's notebook before knocking him out of his daydream.
 
“Give that back!” Tai screeched, red faced, as he dived at Kaiba; trying to get the paper back. “Give it back Yamagata!”
 
“No! I think I keep this little paper, make copied of it, and hang them in the halls!” Kaiba said as he dodged Tai, which made him ram head first into a desk.
 
“Ouch. Damn that hurt.” Tai said as he rubbed the now growing bump on his head. “Fine, how about this. You give me the paper; I'll give you the camera.”
 
“Deal.” Kaiba watched as Tai took the camera out of his bag and tossed it to him. “Here's your paper.”
 
“I bet you were soooo reluctant to get rid of it.” Tai said sarcastically.
 
“Of course.” Kaiba replied dryly. Looking up, Kaiba noted that the time was 4:00P.M., they should be released soon. “Well, let's gather our junk; it's almost time to go.”
 
As soon as Kaiba finished saying that, a teacher burst into the room telling them to get lost; so away they went.
 
(.)(.)(.)(.)
 
Kurayami24: (stretch) Ahhh! There's that installment. Yuppers.
 
Kurai: Read and review please! It would be greatly appreciated!