Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ Time Flies ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurayami24: o.O Woah, I posted two chapters! 0.0 People must be happy after that long wait for the last chapter!
 
Kurai: Yeah, they should be happy for two chapters instead of one. (rolls eyes)
 
Kurayami24: shut up ass-wipe.
 
Kurai: Geez, badmouth.
 
Kurayami24: just do your damn job!
 
Kurai: Fine! Kura here doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters! Happy?!
 
Kurayami24: Much!
 
Chapter 10: Time Flies
 
Months have passed, and so have Kaiba and Tai's detentions. Now…they're living the “free life”. Or….as free as they can anyway:
 
“Mokuba! Get ready! We have to go pick up Tai at the Gardner's!” Kaiba yelled throughout the Kaiba mansion.
 
“Hang on big brother! I'm almost ready!” Mokuba yelled back as he slipped on a pair of pants.
 
“Be down at the limo in five minutes! No later than that!” Kaiba yelled back as he walked out the door to the waiting limo.
 
`Man, big brother has really changed. Months ago he wouldn't have even thought of SPEAKING to others, let alone let them ride in his limo!' Mokuba thought happily. `Maybe I can get Tea and big brother together! I can certainly see the attraction and curiosity that they have for each other, especially big brother!'
 
“MOKUBA!!!!!!!!” Kaiba yelled loud enough that people down the street could probably hear him. “GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!!!!”
 
“ALRIGHT BIG BROTHER!!!!” Mokuba yelled back as he ran down the stairs while putting on his shoes.
 
“C'mon! We're going to be late for the orientation of Battle City Tournament!” Kaiba practically whined.
 
“Alright! Keep your pants on big brother!” Mokuba laughed as he ran to the limo and slipped into the back seat with Kaiba. “Why are we picking up Tai anyway big brother?”
 
“Oh, it's nothing. Just a promise that I have to keep.” Kaiba said slightly reluctantly.
 
“Oh really? What kind of promise is that?” Mokuba asked, surprised that his brother would make promises with people outside themselves.
 
“It's…nothing. Just forget that I ever said anything.” Kaiba said, trying to forget their stupid promise. `How could I have thought of that stupid promise? I must have been drunk, desperate, or just plain stupid.'
 
“Um…okay big brother. But I'm wondering, does it have anything to do with Tea? Or that Masayoshi girl that Tai seems to like?” Mokuba asked knowingly.
 
“No.” Kaiba said, mentally shaking his head. “It has absolutely nothing to do with either one of them.”
 
“I knew it.” Mokuba said as he nodded his head approvingly.
“Mokuba…” Kaiba growled playfully.
 
“What? What'd I do?” Mokuba asked, taking the innocent act.
 
“I told you that it has nothing to do with those two girls!” Kaiba said as he pounced on Mokuba. “Just one!”
 
“And….haha….which one is that?” Mokuba managed out as his brother `attacked' him.
 
“That Masayoshi girl!” Kaiba let out before he realized it. “Shit…”
 
“Mr. Kaiba, sir? Are you sure that you should be saying such bad things in front of young mister Kaiba?” The chaffer, Mr. Soune, asked politely.
 
“Haha! Big brother got in trouble!” Mokuba laughed. “That's right! No saying things such as, quote unquote shit.”
 
“Mokuba!” Kaiba said in mock surprise. “We've got to wash that mouth out with soap!”
 
“Wash what out with soap?” Tai asked as he opened the door.
 
“Tai? What the hell?” Kaiba said startled. They were already at the Gardner's house?
 
“Yeah, it's nice to see you to.” Tai said mockingly. “So, what was this ultra important thing that you had to give me that made you pick me up?”
 
“This,” Kaiba held up a long black trench-coat, quite similar to his own white one, “Is what I'm going to give you. It has its own speaker phone, a communicating device, a tracking device, and a mini screen in the collar. Trust me, you'll need it.”
 
“Why?” Tai said as he took the coat from Kaiba. “Why is it so important that I have this, Yamagata?”
 
“So I can keep track of you, dumba…dimwit.” Kaiba inwardly flinched as he felt two pairs of eyes on him. One was gleeful, obviously Mokuba, and the other one was stern, once again obviously Mr. Soune. “Now let's get going to Kaiba Corp Mr. S…”
 
“Wait for us!” Kaiba heard a few voices yell as their owners jumped into the limo.
 
“Get the hell out!” Kaiba yelled angrily as he tried to shove Yugi, Joey, and Tea out.
 
“But Kaiba! We're all going to the same place!” Yugi whined.
 
“So! Go find your own form of transportation!” Kaiba yelled as he practically kicked Joey out.
 
“Please Kaiba? Just take us at least one block away! Please!” Tea begged, hoping that she'd be able to convince him to let them ride with Tai.
 
“Um…er…fine. Whatever. Just get in and shut up.” Kaiba said, mentally sweatdropping. `How the hell did she make me change my mind so fast?'
 
“Thank you!” Tea squealed as she climbed in beside Tai. Quickly noticing the coat that Tai had on, she had to ask, “Hey Tai, where'd you get that coat? Is it dad's?”
 
“No, it's not dad's. Yamagata here gave it to me.” Tai said as he pointed towards Kaiba, who at the moment was busy banging his head on the coffee table set up in front of him.
 
“Oh really? Why are you gettin' special treatment while we're not?” Joey asked, his curiosity growing.
 
“Um…no reason.” Tai said as he noticed a glaring Kaiba out of the corner of his eye.
 
`Don't you dare tell them anything, Tai.' Kaiba “telepathically” sent Tai.
 
“I won't!” Tai mouthed back.
 
“Um…Tai? Why are you silently telling Kaiba that you won't?” Tea asked as she to began to get curious.
 
“Eh, no reason.” Tai said as he felt the limo start off towards the center of Domino to let off Joey, Yugi, and Tea.
 
“Sure there is! There's got to be a reason for everything!” Tea said as she leapt at her step-brother in hopes of prying the reason out of him.
 
“I'm telling the truth! There is no reason!” Tai said as he blushed; Kaiba was mouthing Masayoshi in his direction so only he could see.
 
“You're lying! It's got to do something with Masayoshi! Why else would you be blushing like an idiot?” Tea said as she got off and nodded to herself. “Yup, I must be right.”
 
“Guys, please stop! We're here!” Yugi said as he pointed out the window. “See? We're where we told Kaiba to drop us off at!”
 
“Oh! Um…you're right! Well, by Kaiba! Let's go Tai!” Tea said as she tried to drag Tai out of the limo, but Tai stayed put. “Tai! Aren't you coming with us?!”
 
“Nope. I have some business that I have to do with Yamagata. I'll be seeing you guys later.” Tai said as he waved them goodbye.
 
“Bye I guess.” Tea said as she left the limo with Joey and Yugi.
 
“Hey! Tristan! How long have you been here?!” Tea heard Yugi yell as Tristan roared up to them on his motorcycle.
 
“Only for a few minutes! Hey Kaiba! They're all waiting ever-so anxiously for you!” Tristan said as he looked past everybody and spotted Kaiba.
 
“I'll be there if these losers will close the damn door!” Kaiba yelled to emphasize his point.
 
“Oh, sorry.” Yugi said as he closed the door to the limo.
 
“Well, we're off! Bye guys!” Tai said as he rolled down the window to wave again.
 
Minutes later, screens all over Domino projected the face of Seto Kaiba, the one who was holding the tournament. After introducing everything required to know about it, Kaiba let the games begin!
 
(.)(.)(.)(.)
 
Kurayami24: Whew! That one was...interesting. Yup, it certainly was.
 
Kurai: Sure, whatever. (rolls eyes)
 
Kurayami24: Shut up. Well, read and review please!