Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ Battle City Tournament Begins! ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurayami24: Bluh! I'm tired! (plops down on ground)
 
Kurai: Why? School finally getting to ya?
 
Kurayami24: I guess so…
 
Kurai: Whatever.
 
Kurayami24: Well anyway, next chapter! Yay! Know something? I'd say this story is going to be at LEAST five more chapters long. I could be wrong, since in this chapter it's barely the start of the Battle City tournament. (shrugs)
 
Kurai: Heh, I'd say at least ten. n_n
 
Kurayami24: Why so much?
 
Kurai: Cuz you're going to hafta spend more time with Battle City, like four or five chapters, then work out other stuffs for the rest. (nods)
 
Kurayami24: Um…right. U.U;; Oh yeah, my Battle City Tourney is going to be quite different, as you can prolly tell when you read this chappy. :)
 
Chapter 11: Battle City Tournament Begins!
 
“Hey Tea! Wait up!” Yugi huffed as he caught up with Tea. “What's the hurry?”
 
“Nothing Yugi! I just wanted to see how many people I knew were here!” Tea said as she slightly sped up.
 
“Oh! Okay, I'll help!” Yugi said happily as he took a quick look around him and Tea. “Hm…well, there's Weevil Underwood over there,” Yugi pointed towards some trees where Weevil was standing under, “there's that Rex Raptor kid, hm…hey Tea? Isn't that Masayoshi's brother?”
 
“Huh? Oh yeah that's Atsushi all right.” Tea said as she looked in the direction that Yugi was pointing in. “Oi! Atsushi! Over here!”
 
“Who-? Oh, Tee! What's up?” Atsushi said as he ran up to Yugi and Tea. “'sup Yugi-boy.”
 
“I never knew that you dueled Atsu. Why'd you never tell me that? Don't you think that that was pretty important information?” Tea asked as she lightly punched Atsushi in the shoulder.
 
“'Cuz you never asked.” Atsushi said mockingly as he grabbed Tea and started tickling her. “Hey Tee, where's your boyfriend Kaiba?”
 
“He isn't, by the way, my boyfriend.” `Though I wish he was…' Tea blushed.
 
“Uh huh, sure…whatever.” Atsushi laughed, not actually believing her for a minute.
 
“Aw shut it Atsu.” Tea grumbled light-heartedly as she went to punch Atsushi again.
 
“Haha, I knew you wanted him.” Atsushi laughed as he dodged her `vicious attack'. “I just didn't know that you wanted him that much.”
 
“Ahem!” Someone cleared his voice from behind the little trio making them quickly turn around.
 
“Wha? Joey?! What're you doing here?!” Yugi asked surprised, completely forgetting that he rode with them in Kaiba's limo.
 
“Whatcha talkin' `bout what am I doin' here?!” Joey practically yelled at Yugi. “I came here wit' you, Tea, Tai, and the Kaiba bros!”
 
“Oh, really? Hehe, I guess that it kinda slipped my mind.” Yugi said lamely. When all he received was a heated glare in return, Yugi weakly said, “Sorry?”
 
“Augh, forget it.” Joey grumbled as he started to walk away waving. “See ya guys! I'm goin' to go find someone to duel me!”
 
“Um…okay Joey! See ya!” Yugi waved slightly. “Well, I guess we'd better get going. C'mon Tea, Atsushi. Let's go…wherever.”
 
“Eh, sure.” Atsushi said reluctantly.
 
“What's wrong Atsu?” Tea asked, stepping in front of him. “Is there anything wrong with us?”
 
“No, no…it's not that. It's just…” Atsu said, blushing slightly. “Ugh, nothing. Just forget that I even brought it up.”
 
“Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it…?” Tea asked with a knowing gleam in her eye. “Are you meeting a girl here?”
 
“Wha? What the hell are you talking about?” Atsushi said defensively. “It's just that I don't wanna be around you with him arou-“
 
“What do you mean Atsu? Does that mean that you don't like Yugi?” Tea asked worriedly.
 
“No, it's not that. I think Yugi's a good kid, seriously.” Atsushi said quickly to reassure her. “It's just…nothing.”
 
“Ugh, fine. Don't tell us, let's just get going.” Tea said as she slipped her arm around Atsushi's and dragged him towards some duelers. “Let's go and see if any of these people wanna duel you or Yugi.”
 
“Um…sure, why not?” Atsushi said lamely with Yugi slowly following behind.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX…Kaiba Corp. Battle Tower…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
“Mr. Kaiba sir? A battle has begun in the western part of the city in sector 6.” A young woman informed him as he was passing by. “It appears to be between two young men, information is now being collected.”
 
“Good. Report it to me when I come back.” Kaiba nodded approvingly as he spotted the person who he was looking for…Tai. “Hey! Tai! Come here!”
 
“Huh? Oh, Yamagata! What do ya want?” Tai asked as he stopped walking and turned to face Kaiba.
 
“I just wanted to inform you that you are expected to be at Battle City within the next hour. Your father just called and left that message. Speaking of your father, how did Mr. Gardner know that you're here?” Kaiba asked him suspiciously.
 
“Oh um…about that…ya see… he just wanted to know where I was going to be, that's all! Seriously!” Tai said weakly. `Heh, like I'd really tell him that I bragged to my father that I was working with THE Seto Kaiba of Kaiba Corp. Please, he'd probably get so pissed with me…'
 
“Uh huh, like an 18-year-old boy needs checking up on.” Kaiba said dubiously. “But, whatever. Each man to his own ways I guess.”
 
“Heh, yea, I guess…” Tai said lamely as he headed for the door. “Well then, I'll go get a quick bite to eat and then head over to Battle City.”
 
“Yeah, sure, you do that.” Kaiba said as he dismissed Tai with an uncaring wave of his hand.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxX
 
Kurayami24: Woot! That's the end of that! :)
 
Kurai: You do realize that the tourney truly didn't exactly start…right?
 
Kurayami24: Um…yup. :)
 
Kurai…-_-;; freak. That's all I'm gonna say.
 
Kurayami24: Whatever. Please read and review! :)