Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memory Lust ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Not mine at all, if they were, then Pegasus-chan would definitely not be wearing those god awful pink pants.


Memory Lust


Pegasus awoke with a start from the dream. It had been awful. He had taken the duelist, the small one, and done terrible things to him, horrendous, unspeakable things that Max would never do even to an enemy. And Yugi boy was not an enemy.

Even as the fog cleared from his mind, he could feel the silken smoothness under his hands and taste the sweet essence of his dream.

Tossing the dark sheets off himself, he leapt from his bed, alarmed at the path his mind was taking. The cold air of the room bit at his naked form as he stood in front of the vanity mirror. His long silver hair was mussed and most of it had slipped from the tie he kept it in at night. Still, enough was pulled back for him to see the hideous glaring eye that had long ago replaced his real one. Pegasus loved the power it gave him, he loved wining, but if he could do it all over again...

Pulling the band from his hair, he ran a brush through it. Hastily he slipped on his pink pants and white shirt, leaving it unbuttoned. Opening the doors softly, he retreated onto the castle grounds. There he spotted the one who had haunted his sleep. He was sitting on one of the many stone benches, arms dangling between his legs, looking dejected and lost, far from the determined duelist he had been when they had met for the first time in person.

"Yugi boy?" he questioned, having gotten close enough unnoticed to make the other jump.

"Pegasus." His eyes were wide, hands automatically clutching around the puzzle, ready to call for the other, ready to duel.

"Calm down Yugi boy, I'm not here to fight." Seeing the other relax, just a bit, he took a seat beside him. His mind make the quick and happy observation that their thighs were touching. What pushed the boy out at such an hour? "Couldn't sleep?" he asked in his slow but correct Japanese.

"I just keep thinking about him..."

"Who?"

Suddenly purple eyes were upon him, sadness and anger so evident in their depths that it made him instantly regret asking.

"Who?! My Grandpa! You...you took him!" He jumped up, turning to face Pegasus with an accusing glare. "How could you be so cruel?"

As quickly as it had come, the anger was gone. He sank to the ground, shaking hands clasping around the puzzle and eyes downcast. "He's all I have, and you took him."

Sliding from the bench, Pegasus knelt before the boy. He felt the forming dew sink through his pants but took no heed of it. Reaching up, he laid a gentle hand on Yugi's cheek. " Next to me, you are perhaps the best duelist in the world. I had to meet you, to duel you, to know that I can beat you. I could not find another way. I am sorry, truly."

The words sounded false to his own ears, and they were. He had done it because he could, because he had the power. Disbelief clouded the other's face. He saw a tear fall from Yugi's eye and felt his heart contract strangely at the pain he had caused. There was a flash of light beside them . Pegasus looked up in shock. There was Yami, glaring fiercely at him with crimson eyes fit to kill.

"Get away from him!" the spirit shouted.

Still stunned that the two could be at the same time, Pegasus removed his hand and sat back onto the ground. Yami gathered Yugi into his arms, talking quietly to the boy, asking him what was wrong, had Pegasus hurt him. Yugi shook his head no. Yami wiped away the tears as Pegasus could not have done. It was in that touch and those soft words that a new reality hit Max. These two were not as he had thought, the bond was not one of brothers at all, it was much more.

"Let's go inside Aibou, you need your rest," Yami started to walk away, looking back over his shoulder to speak once more. "Stay away from him, or I will kill you."

And Pegasus knew he meant it.

~tbc~

Notes: See, told 'ya. Hm, those words seem familiar? Yeah, this a re-write of my other fic "Goodnight Sweet Prince", but this is the non-PWP version. (whisper: the other's posted on www.mediaminer.com if you wanna check it out, its Yami/Pegasus). Well, tell me what you think! If I don't get a good response on this, then its back to sweet hentai action for me.

Her Supreme Omni-potence,
Miko No Hoshi