Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Miss You ❯ Miss You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Based on the song "Miss You" by Blink182. Just gotta love it! ^^ Oh yeah, I don't own YuGiOh. Though if I did, Ryou would be the main character. He's just the coolest character. ^^ Just incase you were wondering, Malik is Marik and Marik is Yami Marik. Now so I don't bore you all to death, here's the story!

Miss You

(Bakura's POV)

I can't believe it. It's been 3 weeks. I haven't so much as stepped outside the house. The sun bothers me… it always has. But I still used to enjoy the times you dragged me to the park and we sat and watched the birds. That seems like so long ago…

*flashback to 2 months ago*

(3rd person POV)

"Bakura, hurry up!" Ryou shouted at Bakura lagging behind. They were going to have a picnic, just the two of them.

"Could you stop being so dang perky?! I'm not enjoying this!" Bakura yelled as Ryou ran all the way to the gates. "And could you slow down?! I'm the one with the stupid basket you forced me to carry!"

Ryou turned and faced Bakura with puppy dog eyes.

"Please enjoy this for me?" He pleaded.

"Grrr! No! I won't fall for those puppy dog eyes again!" Bakura said as he stopped and looked the other way.

Ryou ran back to his yami and looked him right in the eyes.

"Please?"

The darker half was forced to look at the pleading eyes of his hikari in front of him.

"Alright! Alright! Now could we just go then?"

"Yippee!" Ryou jumped for joy as he lead a not so happy Bakura to their favorite spot near the Sakura tree.

"Do we always have to sit near this same tree?" Bakura asked.

"Yes, now help me lay out the blanket." Ryou said as he held onto two corners of the large baby-blue blanket they always used.

Bakura walked over reluctantly and picked up the remaining corners. He grinned as an idea popped it's way into his head. He was fanning out the blanket when he suddenly shook it rapidly once. That caught Ryou off guard and he dropped one of his ends.

"Bakura!" The boy shouted in laughter. Ryou bent down to pick up the corner again and Bakura shook the blanket once again, causing it to jump out of his reach. Ryou looked up at Bakura and smiled. He then lunged at the free corner and grabbed it in time. Ryou got up and paused. Bakura gave him a confused look.

Ryou smiled again and shook the blanket the same way Bakura had before, causing Bakura to drop one of his own ends. Bakura chuckled and grasped his missing corner quickly.

They soon started to have a fight to see who could knock both of the other's hands empty. Sakura petals started to fly everywhere and the two boys decided to finally settle down and start their lunch.

*back to present time*

(Bakura's POV)

Your laugh… it fills my head every waking moment. Causing me to smile, to see your face again. Sometimes I wish you were back here with me. And others I wish I had never met you. That way I could never have caused you so much pain. If only I hadn't lost my cool… if only I could have realized you'd never do that to me…

*flashback to 5 weeks ago*

(3rd person POV)

Ryou walked into the quiet house and closed the door carefully. It was late, 10:30 to be exact. He made his way up the stairs, trying to get to his room without disturbing his other.

"Where were you?!" Bakura shouted from the top of the staircase.

Ryou looked up to see Bakura was in his pajamas and looking very pissed.

"I was with Yugi. He needed help with a problem so he asked me to come over and comfort him. I did and he was willing to let me leave only a few minutes ago." Pleaded the boy who was only halfway up the stairs.

"Oh sure. So you were just comforting Yugi for 6 and a half hours?"

"He was having a problem with Yami! He asked me not to tell anyone about it!"

"So the Pharaoh's up to no good again? Typical."

"No! He just-" Ryou stopped himself before he let what he promised to keep secret slip.

"Go on."

"I promised not to tell…"

"Whatever you say." Bakura said as he stormed off into his room and slammed the door closed.

*back to present time*

(Bakura's POV)

You were my innocent little angel. My freedom from the darkness. The only thing that mattered. The one reason I was alive. The one soul that I could tolerate. The victim of so many things you did not deserve…

*flash back to 4 weeks ago*

(3rd person POV)

Ryou slammed the front door closed and Bakura looked up from his magazine. Ryou was fuming; not something you normally see.

"Is everything ok, hikari?" Bakura questioned a stressed Ryou.

"No! Everything is not ok!" He screamed back.

Bakura was surprised at his reaction. The lighter half of himself hardly ever got angry.

"Tell me what happened."

"It was your idiot friends Malik and Marik!"

Bakura's eyes widened. They loved to torture innocent younger people. Especially attractive males such as Ryou.

"What did they do to you?!"

"I was trying to sit alone on the park bench when Malik sat next to me and began to stare at the fountain as I was. He then made a comment on how interested I seemed in the fountain. I had no idea what was going on so I just smiled and said I loved to come here a lot. Marik then sat on the other side of me and asked if I would like to go to a park near their house that had a fountain even bigger than that. I was still clueless so I agreed and they lead me to an empty park on the other side of town. And as soon as we walked inside the gates Malik grabbed my arm and Marik tried to grope me! I ran away as fast as possible." Ryou was both yelling and crying at the same time.

Bakura walked over to the hysterical boy and put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's alright. I won't let them so much as lay a finger on you again."

Ryou just pushed away his hand.

"Don't touch me…" Ryou said coldly and walked into his room and slammed the door shut.

Bakura winced at the loud noise it made, but then returned to his magazine.

*back to present time*

(Bakura's POV)

I wish I could have helped you. I tried but you just turned away. My angel… why did you refuse to have me help? If only I hadn't gone over the edge that night… You'd be here by my side…

*flashback to 3 weeks ago*

(3rd person POV)

Bakura stumbled through the doorway. Ryou was watching anything he could find on TV at that point.

"Bakura! You're home! I waited all night for you!" The boy jumped up in happiness.

The drunken Bakura stomped over to the couch and slapped Ryou across the face. Ryou looked at Bakura with tears welling in the corners of his eyes.

"Bakura? Is something wrong?"

His yami glared at him.

"Where did you go this afternoon?!"

"I was at Yugi's again. He was having more trouble with Yami."

"Oh, so you think just because I'm not there you can go out with your little boyfriend and leave me to come home to an empty house?"

Ryou got a confused look on his face.

"Boyfriend? I love you, Bakura. I was just helping Yugi get through his troubles!"

"I know you want to be with him more than me. It's written all over your face."

"Why would you think that?! I would never wish to be with anyone besides you! Yugi was just a friend in need!"

"So what'd you seduce him?!"

"Bakura! How could you even think that?! I'm too embarrassed to even kiss you in public!"

"That's `cause you're afraid Yugi'd see you with another guy."

"Where are you getting this from?! Bakura, why are you saying this?"

The darker half punched the lighter half and started to lose his cool.

"I'm getting this from you! You say you love me then go off with some midget!" Bakura was now yelling.

Ryou held his cheek where his yami had just punched him.

"Bakura I'd never-"

"SHUT UP YOU MORTAL!"

Bakura kicked Ryou and he went flying into the wall. A loud, sickening crack was heard.

"B-bakura… please believe me…"

"WHY SHOULD I?!" Bakura screamed as he gave his hikari another full-force kick in the stomach.

The smaller boy was clutching his stomach and gasping for breath. He looked at the one standing above him and let out a tear.

"Bakura…" Ryou gasped out.

Bakura grunted angrily and kicked the helpless boy once again. A yelp of pain escaped Ryou's mouth. Ryou then stood up with great difficulty and ran out the front door. Bakura just stared after the boy.

Ryou ran as fast as possible, even though his body ached terribly. He stopped when he reached the train station. Ryou looked back at the road he had taken and boarded any train; anything to get himself away from that torture.

*back to present time*

(Bakura's POV)

You ran away… and I just watched you. I didn't do anything to stop you. Gods knows where you are now… I want to see you smile just once more… I want to hear your laughter ringing in the air… I want to feel your presence surround me…

I'm sitting on my bed crying… like I have for the past 3 weeks. Everyday that's all I do. The image of you plaguing me. The yearning for you growing so strong. I haven't been outside at all… Even the Pharaoh stopped by to say he felt sorry for me… But no one so far has brought me out of my locked door.

I haven't eaten anything. I feel so hungry… but I'll never come out, not until you come home again. I haven't slept either. Thoughts of you are what keep me awake. I haven't said a word to anyone. So many have stopped by to try and convince me to step into the fresh air once again. But that would bring back too many good memories of you. The park is just down the block; I'll never be able to look at it again.

Will you ever realize that I love you and come back to me? Will I ever be able to breathe again? Will I ever be able to live again? Will I ever see anything but my haunting visions of you and the darkness again? Will the dreams I had of us together ever become reality?

One day… I hope…