Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 8

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I apparently write Yu-Gi-Oh fic now. It's my newest obsession/weakness/whatever you may call it. I swear I'm 12. I think I lost 8 years in there somewhere. That's what I get from watching anime. This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2: I keep forgetting about the pairings for this story. Yami'sGirl710 over on mediaminer asked for them sometime around chapter 2 and I never did reveal them! So… it's not really slash (not *yet* anyway!), but if (when!) it was slash, it would probably be Malik/Marik, Ryou/Malik (sorta), and Joey/Kaiba. But since it's not slash… *grins evilly* Although Yugi apparently isn't as innocent as he appears to be…

SUMMARY: Kaiba and Joey show up, and Joey's feeling homicidal (sound like anyone you know, KRIS?). *vbg*

****

"You're never allowed to own a chicken. Or a washing machine."

"WHAT?" Joey and Kaiba said at the same time, pretending not to look at each other when Yami and Ryou looked at them knowingly.

"Just go with it, okay?" Ryou said, shaking his head. "You don't want to know."

"I'm not even going to ask." Kaiba looked faintly amused. "Anyways, where's Yugi? I think he has one of my cards. I lent him one of my Blue Eyes last week."

"One of your Blue Eyes?" Joey interrupted. "You'll give YUGI a Blue Eyes, but you won't give one to me?"

"My dragons don't like little puppies."

Joey glared. "You can just take…"

But Kaiba had turned back to Yami and Ryou. "Yugi?" he prompted.

Yami and Ryou looked everywhere but at each other. "Yugi? Yugi… well, he's not here."

"Where is he?"

"We don't know," Yami said.

Joey glared at Yami. "You lost Yugi?"

"Bakura took him."

"He did not!" protested Ryou. "Yami, it WASN'T BAKURA'S FAULT!"

"Fine, fine, whatever."

"One of these times, I will get you to believe it."

"Ryou, I know your other half. I put nothing beyond his capabilities."

"I know him better than you and he wouldn't take Yugi!"

"We get the picture," Kaiba interrupted, smoothly pushing Joey between Ryou and Yami. "So, what are you doing to find them?"

Ryou and Yami looked at each other. "Uh."

"You LOST Yugi and now you're not even trying to find him!" Joey screeched, sounding terrifyingly like Tea.

"Shut up, puppy," Kaiba said to him, yanking him back before Joey could do any serious damage to either Ryou or Yami, beyond the damage already done to their eardrums. If spirits of Millennium Items even had eardrums.

"You shut up!" Joey shouted back, wiggling free and glaring at the taller boy. "Yami is supposed to protect Yugi! And now Yugi's missing!"

"I think he's taking this worse than Yami did," came a voice from the stairs. Joey, Kaiba, Ryou and Yami turned to see Malik and Marik standing there, looking slightly amused.

"Maybe we should lock him in the Millennium Puzzle for a few millennia," Marik agreed. "He would probably protect Yugi better."

"I can and will send you to the Shadow Realm," Yami threatened.

"You've tried that threat already," Marik reminded him. "I'm still here, aren't I?"

"Damn it."

Malik came over to stand beside Ryou. "So, what are you planning on doing to find Yugi and Bakura?"

"We can't sense them, so we don't even know where to start," said Ryou, sighing. "And Yami's a little too distracted right now."

Malik glanced over at the livid Pharaoh, currently trying to send Marik to the Shadow Realm by the pure force of his glare. "I see your point."

"Could they be somewhere in Domino?" Kaiba asked reasonably, releasing Joey's shirt and allowing the blond to take a few steps back. "I have people…"

"They're not in Domino. Yami and I would be able to feel them."

Joey grinned. "The mind-link-thingy?"

"Mind link thingy?" Ryou repeated. "I guess you can call it that. It is a mental connection, of sorts."

"So they're not HERE," Kaiba started, meaning Domino, "but how are you so sure they're not in the… Shadow Realm?"

Ryou shook his head. "No, Bakura knows his way around the Shadow Realm. He'd be able to find his way back easily enough. And despite his personal feelings towards Yami, I don't think he'd leave Yugi alone there. He does have some sense of self-preservation and facing a furious Yami is not on his list of things to do on any given day."

Kaiba laughed involuntarily. "I don't blame him."

"Is there anywhere we haven't looked?" Yami finally broke in, glancing at Ryou.

The white-haired boy shrugged. "Not that I can think of."

"There's one…" Marik sing-songed, grinning at the looks of shock that appeared on Yami and Ryou's faces.

"YOU'VE KNOWN ALL ALONG WHERE BAKURA AND YUGI ARE?" Yami shouted, nearly shaking the foundation of the house itself with the volume of his voice.

Marik laughed, more than a bit insanely. "You didn't ask."

"Where are they?" Ryou and Malik asked at the same time, smiling shyly at each other when they realized what they'd done. Marik, Yami, Joey and Kaiba all collectively rolled their eyes at the same time.

"Just do it already," Kaiba muttered under his breath, earning himself a snort of agreement from Joey.

"Nope, not telling!" Marik laughed. "I won't now that you know I know and I know you know I know!"

The other five exchanged looks.

"Is it bad that I understood that?" Malik asked no-one in particular.

"I did too," Ryou told him. "We both must be insane."

"I AM NOT INSANE!" Marik shouted, looking hurt. "I'm a freaking nutbar, but I'm not insane."

Yami's Sennen Eye glowed in the middle of his forehead. "TELL US WHERE YUGI AND BAKURA ARE," he demanded.

"Eep!" Marik squeaked and disappeared with a flash of light, back into the Millennium Rod at Malik's waist. Yami turned his Eye on Malik.

"Don't look at me," Malik said, waving his hands helplessly. "I take no responsibility for him!"

The Eye faded and Yami sighed. "He's the only one who knows where Bakura are. Can't you coax him back out? I promise not to banish him to the Shadow Realm. Well, at least not until he's told us where they are."

"He heard that and he says he's *really* not coming out now."

"Damn it," Ryou said, hearing Yami mutter an Egyptian curse beside him. "So what do we do now?"

Yami just looked back. "I have no idea."

"Just wonderful."