Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 13

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. The only things I own are Dark Magician and Malik toys. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I swear I'm 12… I write YGO fic now. That's what I get from watching anime. *very big grin* This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault.

SUMMARY: The Dark Magician is very evil. Did you know that? He is. Almost as evil as Marik and Bakura!

****

"Dark Magician, do you know how to get me out of here?"

The Dark Magician smiled and nodded at Yugi's question.

"And have you known ALL ALONG?" Bakura half-shrieked, sounding scarily like Tea.

The mage nodded again.

"Okay, that's it." Bakura let out a war-cry and launched himself at the monster, barely avoiding getting cracked over the head with said monster's very large purple staff. Yugi jumped out of the way just in time, backing up until he was nearly *in* Marik's own skin. The blond just raised an eyebrow at Yugi while Bakura tried his hardest to strangle the Dark Magician with his bare hands.

"All right, stop, stop," Marik finally said, grabbing a hold of Bakura's hair. "Ryou will have my head if anything happens to Bakura, and Yami will have it again if anything happens to his Dark Magician."

Bakura pouted but allowed himself to be pulled away from the magician, going to stand by Yugi's side, arms crossed over his chest. "When did you plan on telling us you could send HIM back?"

"Him has a name," Yugi reminded Bakura, poking said spirit in the ribs to get his attention.

"Shut up."

"Did you ask him?" Marik broke in before another fight could break out. "Ra, I'm becoming domestic! I'll need to kill someone when I get back to the normal realm. Or I could eat a squirrel. Three squirrels, even!."

The Dark Magician, Yugi and Bakura all exchanged disgusted looks.

"Marik we didn't really need to hear that," Bakura told the blond.

"Whatever." Marik tapped his foot impatiently. "Just answer my question. Did you ASK the Dark Magician if he could send you back?"

"Not in so many words, no," Yugi finally answered.

"See, the thing with him is that he can't speak. At least, not at the moment. So you have to give him yes-or-no questions."

"Not at the moment?" Yugi's eyes lit up. "There's a way that he can talk?"

"I don't know how to do it," Marik told him. "A spell of some sort and those aren't my…" he paused, sifting through his other half's memories for the right word. "Spells aren't my forte."

"They're not the Pharaoh's either!" Bakura cracked, wincing when he did get cracked over the head with the Dark Magician's staff. "Ouch! Try that again and I'll shove that stick so far…"

"We get the picture!" Yugi exclaimed, covering his ears. "So, Dark Magician can send me back to the normal realm. Can you send Bakura back, too?"

Dark Magician shook his head.

"What about Marik?"

"I don't need his help to get out," Marik reminded the boy. "I got myself in here in the first place, I can get myself out."

"You'll come out on your own?" Bakura asked slyly, earning himself another thwap from the Dark Magician's staff. Bakura whirled to face the offending mage. "WHY are you so eager to hit me over the head? What, do you think I like punishment or something?" The Dark Magician smiled, more than a little evilly and Bakura swallowed. "Wait, don't answer that. I don't think I want to hear it."

Yugi and Marik swallowed smirks of their own at seeing the former tomb robber so ruffled.

"Shut up."

"We didn't say anything!" Yugi blinked his big eyes innocently and Bakura rolled his own eyes.

"Save it for someone who actually falls for the chibi eyes, kid."

Yugi made a rude noise at him before turning back to the Dark Magician. "You can get me out?" At the nod, he laughed. "Will you? Right now?"

Bakura's mouth dropped open. "You'd leave ME alone with HIM?" He pointed at Marik, who grabbed at the finger and went to lick the palm of the hand it was attached to, but Bakura managed to get his hand loose before that happened. "You're sick, Marik."

The blond snorted. "Like you're any better, Bakura."

"Dark Magician? Please?" Yugi looked up at the mage, eyes pleading and the man sighed. Chibi eyes worked on HIM. He held out a hand and Yugi took it excitedly, ignoring the black look Bakura gave him. "Yami! I'll see Yami again!"

"We haven't been gone that long, Yugi…" Bakura's voice trailed off and he looked at Marik. "Have we?"

"Couple of hours. You haven't missed anything major. Except the Pharaoh trying to kill my light and Ryou shoving him in a closet to save his worthless little life. Oh, and Seto Kaiba singing."

"Seto SANG?" Yugi gasped, doubling over in laughter. "Man, I'm sorry I missed that!"

"Why did Yami try and kill Malik?" Bakura wondered.

"Because Malik knows where I am and where you are, but won't tell the Pharaoh."

"Why not?"

"I told him not to… I've always known you three were in here! I just chose to ignore you for a while."

"So we could have been OUT of here AGES ago?" Bakura growled, eyes narrowing into little slits. Marik gulped and backed up a step, not quickly enough as Bakura leapt for his throat. "I ought to kill you for that!"

"STOP!" Yugi shouted, moving aside so the Dark Magician could pull the two boys apart. "Bakura, don't kill Marik!"

"Give me ONE reason…"

"Because Malik will never forgive you?"

"So?"

"Yami will never forgive you?"

Bakura shrugged. "If he were here, he'd probably help me!"

"Ryou won't forgive you?"

"Third time's the charm," Marik croaked out as Bakura's hands loosened around his throat.

"This isn't settled." Bakura allowed the Dark Magician to pull him off Marik, glaring at the blond the whole time. "I will find some way to punish you."

"Promises, promises." Marik wiggled his eyebrows at Bakura and the white-haired boy sighed. "Don't start things like this with me, Bakura, you will not win."

"I'm starting to realize that. Yugi, are you leaving, or are you waiting for the Pharaoh to come give you an invitation to rejoin the world of the living?"

Yugi looked at him a bit uncertainly, ignoring the hand the Dark Magician held out to him. "Well…"

"Just go already." Bakura looked at Marik. "You don't really want to be stuck here with HIM now do you?"

"When I tell Yami and Ryou what happened, they'll know how to fix it," Yugi promised, taking the Dark Magician's outstretched hand. "You'll be out soon, too."

"I'm not holding my breath," muttered Bakura, watching dispassionately as the Dark Magician pulled himself and Yugi out of the Millennium Rod, leaving Bakura and Marik alone in the darkness that descended after their exit.

"Now, my pretty little tomb robber," Marik's voice said as a hand fell on Bakura's shoulder, "we're alone. And you're all mine!"