Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 14

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. The only things I own are Dark Magician and Malik toys. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I swear I'm 12… I write YGO fic now. That's what I get from watching anime. *very big grin* This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault.

SUMMARY: Well… now that we know where Yugi and Bakura are, now what?

****

"I think I just found your yami, Ryou…"

"What do you mean, you found my yami?" Ryou demanded, eyes boring into Malik's own. "How do you know?"

"Because…" Malik sighed and sat up, still rubbing his throat. "Because your yami just tried to strangle mine."

"What?" Chorused four voices at once. "How is that possible?"

Malik held up the Millennium Rod, rolling his eyes in a manner very much like his own yami.

"Explain yourself!" Yami shouted at the blond, fingers rising before Kaiba grabbed him around the waist and hauled him backwards. "LET GO!"

"Down, Pharaoh. No killing Malik."

"Bastard."

"Stop talking about yourself."

"Hello!" Ryou said, waving his hands in front of Yami's face. "Malik? Rod?"

Joey snickered against his will. "Is that an invitation, Ryou? Who would have thought you had it in you!"

"Shut up!" Ryou turned his glare on Joey, who shrugged it off with a careless gesture.

Yami laughed, breaking up the tension in the room. "Yes, let's hear what Malik has to say about his Rod." Yami wiggled his eyebrows, sending Joey and Ryou into giggles while Malik turned scarlet. Even Kaiba smiled, still holding Yami against his body, earning a few raised eyebrows from the other boys.

Malik pouted. "Leave me alone! I won't tell you anything if you keep being mean to me."

"Okay, okay, I'll behave-"

"That's a first," Kaiba said, releasing Yami and stepping back to join Joey against the wall.

"Shut up, Kaiba."

"Just making an observation."

"Keep them to yourself, okay?"

"Whatever you say, Pharaoh."

"Malik, come on, tell us," Ryou finally said, giving both Yami and Kaiba a black glare. "How do you know that it was Bakura who tried to kill Marik just now?"

Malik sighed. "They've been arguing for the last few minutes in my head… I can hear them loud and CLEAR." The tone of the last word was directed internally as well as externally, although Marik gave no sign of having heard him.

Ryou's mouth dropped open. "Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that Bakura's IN THE ROD?"

"Is Yugi with him?" Yami broke in, voice unnaturally high.

Malik's eyes unfocused before he was back. "Yes."

"They're okay?" That was Joey.

Malik nodded. "A little confused, but they're both fine. My yami is… keeping them company for the moment."

"Why does that scare me?"

"Well, given the fact that Bakura just tried to kill Marik…" Malik's voice trailed off and he smiled a little. "Marik probably deserved it, but it still hurt like the devil. Apparently, he hasn't figured out the hurt-the-yami-hurt-the-hikari principle."

"So…" Joey said, "what now? I mean, now that we know where they are, can we get them out?"

Malik blushed.

"What did I say?"

"Oh." Malik looked at the wall behind Joey's shoulder. "Just thinking of something Marik told me. He said, `if you suck, it will come.'"

Ryou, Kaiba, Yami and Joey all laughed hysterically, clutching their sides. "That's rich!" "I'll have to remember that one." "Only Marik!"

Malik opened his mouth to say something else, but never got the chance. The Rod flashed with a sudden light just then that had Malik squeaking in surprise and hurling it against the nearest wall. When the light dimmed, two figures could be made out - one tall and slender, clad in loose-fitting purple pants and a matching shirt, the other small with spiky hair, wearing black leather, much like his yami.

"YUGI!" Yami almost screamed, bounding across the room and pulling the boy into a fierce hug. "I have you back!"

"Yami!" Yugi exclaimed back, face turning red from lack of oxygen. "Let go! Need air!"

The tall man took a step back from Yami and Yugi, a smile coming over his face as he watched them before his gaze turned to Ryou, who looked a little melancholy at the fact his yami wasn't with Yugi.

"Where's Bakura?" the white-haired boy finally asked, turning to Malik. "Why didn't he emerge with Yugi?"

Malik shook his head. "I don't know… it wasn't me that even got Yugi out."

"If not you, then…" Ryou's voice trailed off and he studied the other occupant of the room. "Who are you?"

"Ryou!" Yugi said, finally wriggling out of Yami's arms and going to the side of the man. "It's okay! He tried to get Bakura out, but he couldn't. Bakura said something about a re-binding spell on the Ring."

Ryou's face fell. "So I don't get my yami back?"

"Not yet." Yugi looked sympathetic before turning back to Yami and throwing himself back into the spirit's arms. "YAMI!"

Caught off balance, Yami stumbled and fell on his back at the feet of the strange man, who had yet to speak a word. Looking up into the blue eyes of the man above him, Yami suddenly realized who the man *was*.

"DARK MAGICIAN?"