Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Murked Light ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heehee thanx reviewers!

Trust,Faith,Pixidust: I will!

libra071988: She’s in this chapter!

Crisskitty: Yeah, right now I’m just trying to figure out a good title...anyways thanx for liking it!

I can’t review anybody’s stories!*tries to pull hair out*AHHHHH!!! *sweatdrops* I’m so sorry! I would’ve reviewed any of your stories if it wasnt like this! *cries* I think its because this STUPID Mcafee or Mcafree something security system thingy. I can’t even send messages at yahoo! >_<; I’m still trying to figure this stuf out. Enough of my complaining though! Tee Hee! One more thing! This takes place right before Duelist Kingdom. So it’ll be kind of a rewrite my-style. It’s like right after the real season 1 of Yugioh, but they aren’t fully aware of Yami.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A Currently Untitled Fic






Chapter 1







“Takashi? We got through the first layer of bedrock,” a young assistant archeologist informed the head archeologist. Takashi looked up. His wife and a few more assistants stood a few feet away holding their hands tightly. This was going to be the next big discovery after Sugorku Moutou’s finding of the sennen puzzle. Takashi wiped the sweat forming on his brow. The air was muggy and unbearible, even now at night, but they had to keep going. He glanced at the digging meter gauge on the driller. The drill bit was now at ninety feet. The drill began to make cough and choke every few seconds.

“Keep going, girl,” the archeologist encouraged the machine, though it wasn’t alive, “Just another few feet.”

“Takashi, this drill’s limit is 100ft! The generator is starting to act up! If we don’t stop now, the machine might break down again!”the assistant yelled over grinding and coughing of the drill.

“NO! We have to keep going! We can’t stop now! We’re so close!” Takashi answered crossing his fingers and hoping that this time the motor wouldn’t break down again. This was the third time they attempted to dig into a tomb, rumored by the elders, that it was the burial grounds of something that would “bring them to their doom”. He didn’t believe in nonsence like that so he continued to search for the tomb. The last two times they tried, the engine broke down or the dril bit broke. He knew they couldn’t afford for the drill to break down again, but this time the tomb was within grasp. How deep was this tomb? It had to be one of the deepest ones he’d ever known about. And he, Takashi Kazuke, was going to discover it.

The meter slowly entered the red zone-the danger zone. It read that they were 99 feet now. Suddenly the drill made a jutting noise and leaned foward. It had broken through the last layer of bedrock. His heart to began to pump faster. Was this the end? The drill stopped and retracked back to the top. It was overheated now. Takashi stared unbelievingly at the drill. He had done it? He stood there a few more seconds thinking if this was all a dream until his assistants and wife, Karen, ran over to him whooping with joy.

“You did it!!!”Karen blurted throwing herself on her husband.

“Now hold your horses! We don’t know if we’ve done it until we see what’s down there!” Takashi acknowlegded, “Then we can celebrate!”

He manuvered the drill out of the hole in ground and slid a wire with a camera attached into it, gently and carefully lowering it. Karen and the others switched on the T.V. to see what was going on as the camera continued to be lowered in the earth. After waiting for an hour, something other than just a tunnel and black popped up. It was a rather large room. Although the flashlight attached to the camera didn’t emit enough light to see the details of the room, they could see dark forms in the blackness of the room. The lens rotated to another part of the room. Light bounced off a slender golden silver object. It seemed to be stabbed into the platform it was standing on.

“Jack pot!” Takashi cried grinning at his wife and assistants.

“Maybe we should wait until tomorrow night to see what’s down there, honey,” Karen advised, “It’s almost 11 o’clock.”

“Are you kidding?”her husband asked suprised, tossing a thick rope ladder down next to the wire. He waited until he heard a thud and set a flashlight helmet on his head,“We need to do this now. If we don’t do this now, someone else might come over and steal it!”

“Now Kazuke! Be reasonible! How is someone going to steal something in such a short period of time when we can catch them?” Karen chidded.

“I don’t know, but I need to get down there!” Takashi slid his legs over the edge of the hole on the ladder and started to climb down, “Are you coming?”

“Fine I’m coming...I can’t change your mind once you’ve set it on something...”Karen threw up her hands in defeat and reluctantly started to climb down the rope ladder with her husband.

“You guys stay here,” Takashi called to the assistants. They nodded.

For what seemed like an hour they carefully, or they would’ve fallen to their deaths, climbed down the rope. The temperature began to steadly fall, it was no longer muggy. Finally they reached the ground. While everyone caught their wind, Takashi switched his helmet light on. The center of the room looked like a dried up shallow lake with a platform in the middle. In the center was the shiny object he had seen before. Quickly, he scrambled onto the patform. The object was a sword! The hilt was silver shaped wings with the eye of Horus in the center, but the blade was gold. It was unusual that an object like this would last this long without rusting.

“Karen! Look what I found!” Takashi said gleefully like a child on Christmas morning.

“What is Kazuke?” Karen asked lifting herself on the platform.

“It’s a sword!”

“You know this platform feels a little wobbly. I think there’s something underneath us.”

Takashi hopped off the platform and peered around the room, “I think you’re right, but how to get down there?” He rubbed his chin with his fingers.

“Eep!” Karen tripped over the sword making it turn. The platform began to spin downward.

“Karen, tell me what you see down there,” Takashi said studying the sword, “I’m examining the sword. Take pictures.”

As soon as the platform stopped spinning and landed on the ground, Karen hopped off and flipped the switch on her helmet. There was a glass sarcophagus in the center and a stone slab with strange hierglyphics. The slab had a hole in it. A keyhole. Karen accidently step on a wire. The wire triggered a bow and shot arrows at her.

“AHH!!” She screamed running towards the coffin to shield her. The arrows continued to shoot around the room and finally stopped.

“Karen!! Are you alright?!”Takashi yelled to her.

“Yeah, I’m fine! Just scared to death,” she yelled back chuckling nervously, “Hey I think the sword is a key! Throw it down here!”

“Okay,”the sword fell down. Carefully examining the ground for more trip wires and traps she picked up the sword and walked back to the sarcophagus to take pictures. She gasped as she took in what was lying inside the coffin. It was woman, practically untouched by decaying. She was wrapped in very fine linen except for her face. Her torso was bloched with dried blood. It seemed that this woman had died by this recent injury.

Karen started to snap away with the camera. After they finished, Karen picked up the sword and placed the sharp end into the keyhole. The slab was like a door! Crimson and black light shot through opening. Everyone felt the hair on the back of their neck stand on end and the air became cold, a suffacating cold.

“I must say, I never expected a mere mortal human to awaken me...I must thank you...” a voice that sent chills down the archeologist’s spines. A figure blocked some of the dark light. (that’s kinda weird isn’t it? Black light...hmm...) The figure stepped out of the light. It was a man with jet black hair falling back to his waist with hard crimson eyes that shone no light. When he smiled sharp canines jutted over his black bottom lip. His skin, taut on his frame, was a tallow whitish yellow like he hadn’t been in the sun in a long time.

“W-what are you?” Karen stuttered stepping back.

“What am I? It doesn’t concern you, my dear...” he glided closer to her, “I need to repay you though...”

“N-no, you don’t have to r-repay me!” Karen stuttered her back against the wall.

“Oh...yes, I have to...”he said in his unearthly voice strided nearer and nearer.

He walked closer, so that she was trapped, a seized her hand quickly and pulled her towards him. She responded by thrashing violently, but froze when he breathed on her neck, “Don’t be afraid my dear...this is your payment.”

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” her scream echoed to where Takashi was.

“Karen! Are you alright?” Takashi called to her.

“I’m...alright Kazuke, I’ll...be up in a moment,” Karen answered in an estranged voice, her eyes a crimson haze.

The man was a little healtier looking, “Thank you for your blood, my new servant,” he then walked towards the sarcophagus. He put his hand above the woman’s face, “See Teana? You can’t stop me now,” he placed his hand on the glass top. It sizzled. He hissed and quickly pulled his hand back. He glanced at the sword and was about to pick it up when-

“I’m coming down now Karen,” A voice said lowering a rope down the hole.

“Looks like I must go now...”he disappeared in crimson light.

“Karen!” Takashi ran to his wife, “You’re all pale! We got to get you to the surface now!”

Karen just groaned a yes and walked past him. He failed to notice two small punctures in the skin of her neck.

Takashi brought the sword, slab, and the sarcophagus to the surface. They were in the Domino Museum now since it was his home town. He noticed Karen had begun to start acting very strangely.




*
Three days later in Domino, Japan...
*





“BEEP! BEEP!”An aggravated hand reached over to the bedrest and grasped the buzzing alarm clock.

“Damn clock!” Anzu grumbled at the still buzzing alarm in her hand. A violent blazing fire lit inside her blue eyes and shoulder length chestnut hair that was frizzy from sleeping. This darn thing had woken her up from a good dream! She pressed the alarm button, but it still didn’t stop the annoying ringing. Next she tried shaking the thing, but to no avail.

“You asked for it!” She chucked it, then heard a crash and glass shattering, her eyes widened and her hand shot up to her mouth, “Oops! Hope Mom and Dad didn’t hear that.”

“ANZU!!!” an angry voice shouted from downstairs.

“Guess I was wrong...”she winced at her father’s shouting.

“ANZU!! GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!!!!”her father bellowed.

She slapped her forehead, throwing the covers off her and bolted out of her room down the stairs, ‘Oh God! They’re going to wake up the neighbors-again!’she thought as she remembered last year.

(I hate alarm clocks! THEY MUST DIEEE!!!! *grabs a hammer and starts smashing all the alarm clocks she sees* HEHEHEH!!!)

“Anzu!! This is the third time you’ve done this!! Windows aren’t cheap, you know?” her father yelled, crumpling the newspaper he was holding.

(*scratches head* I dont know how much they cost actually. ^_^; I dont buy windows!)

“Calm down, dear. Your blood pressure will go up if you keep yelling,” her mother placed her hand on the shaking back of her husband, “Now drink your coffee before it gets cold,” she soothed, “Don’t think you’re off the hook yet, missy.”

“Huh?” Her mother had caught her in the act of sneaking back up the stairs, “But it was-”

“’An accident’,”she interupted, “ I’m aware of that, but even so, hold your temper! Don’t lay it on the clock, do it with your ‘dancing’.”

“But-”

“Since this is the third time you’ve done this, you’re grounded-home and school only!”

“But,” Anzu waited for her mom to interupt her again and took her silence to speak, or rather, fib, “Yuugi and I have a project to work on! We’re going to the library today to study!” ‘That should get me outa this fix!’ In the back of her mind a little Anzu wearing a leotard did a backflip.

“Ask him to come here then,”her mother said raising an eyebrow at the nervous expression on her daughter’s face.

‘Oh shit! She’s trying to read my eyes! Better look down!’ Little Anzu tripped over with swirly eyes, she looked down, “Well...Oh wait! I almost forgot! We don’t have to do that until next week! Eheheheh! Me and my forgetfulness!”Anzu sweatdropped closing her eyes and waiting for the blow.

“Well...okay,” Anzu took this as her leave as little Anzu jumped up and down with a banner saying “YOU GO GIRL!”,but unfortunately, “But you’re still grounded. And that’s final.”

Anzu groaned, “Da-”

“No lip with your mother,”her father said sipping his cup of french vanilla coffee.

“Fine!”she grumbled and then darted up the stairs to her room. Anzu looked at her window and sweatdropped, ‘That alarm clock sure did a number on my window.’ She slipped on her pink school blazer and navy blue skirt grabbed her backpack and jogged back down the stairs.

“What time is it?”She asked as her mother handed her a granola bar. Her father obviously left already because he wasn’t at the kitchen table.

“It’s 7:45. You ought to hurry up, dear. You’ll be late for school.”

Anzu had the granola bar halfway in her mouth and almost choked on it, ‘People please tell me these things!’ She darted out the front door.

Her mother shook her head, “What am I going to do about her these days?”



~*~



“Where is she? I thought I’d walk her to school today,” he blushed at the memory of Anzu giving him a Lovey keychain, “She’s never this late. Should I just walk to school without her?” Yuugi was standing by the stop sign on Sun Court street. He glanced at her window-only that it wasn’t there anymore.

“Hey Yuugi!” someone called out to him. A brunette jogged towards him. It was Anzu.

“Morning Anzu, What happened to your window?” Yuugi asked worriedly, “Did someone try to break in?

“Nah Yuugi! I just-well got angry at my alarm clock and chucked it at my window,”she assured and then quickly added by the weird look Yuugi was giving her, “on mistake! But the bad part is that I got grounded! Not sure when I’m free again...”

“Bummer-wait!” Yuugi studied his digital watch, “We’re going to be late!”

(It rhymes! @_@)

“Then let’s stop blabbing and get moving! C’mon Yuugi!” Anzu seized Yuugi’s hand and dragged the smaller multicolored haired boy down the sidewalk to Domino High.

~*~

“’Ey guys ya made it! Wonder if the hag saw you come in?” Jounouchi quietly exclaimed as he watched Anzu and Yuugi slump into their seats, panting. By hag-he was refering to their spanish teacher, DeSilva-sensei, though she preffered them to call her Senora DeSilva. Obviously she didn’t notice them walk in and sneak to their desks.

“Brazo deracho!” The old hag screeched in her nasaly voice and the students rose their right hand.

Jounouchi passed Honda a note and he snickered then passed it to Yuugi. He laughed quietly as well and wrote something and passed it to Anzu. It said:



Deracho my ass! ~a little sketch that looked like a bunch of bent lines with ass written on a donkey with its right front hoof in the air.

Jou that means right ass. ~_~;

Man I hate this class, don’t you Anzu?



Anzu giggled in her mind and replied:



Yeah I think she gives us grades based on how she likes us. And I’d prefer to learn English. ^_^



She folded the note back up and passed it undectected to Yuugi. They spent the whole hour passing notes back to each other, but weren’t caught. Luckily. The rest of the day passed like a snap.

“Didja guys know that a new exhibet’s opening at the museum?” Honda asked handing the newspaper he was reading to Yuugi, “It’s on page A1. I think you would be interested in this kinda thing.”

‘Maybe I can learn more about this puzzle,’Yuugi thought.

“Yuugi?” Yuugi blinked at Anzu’s hand waving in his face and immediately blushed at what he was looking at-her chest. He quickly shook his head, “Yeah?”

Jounouchi and Honda snickered at Yuugi when Anzu asked, “Yuugi? Can I see the newpaper?”

He scratched the back of his neck and quickly handed it to her.

“New exhibet opening at Domino Museum,” the heading of the article read.

“Takashi Kazuke has found the lost tomb of what seems to be a warrior burried 100ft deep 100 miles away from the Great pyramid of Giza. It seems that this tomb was carefully hidden, as if hiding something. A sword and a hieroglyphic slab have been discovered along with mummy. Takashi thinks that the mummy was a woman. Notice in picture A that she, whoever she was, was very carefully and perfectly preserved. On the slab seems to be her life’s story. Egyptologists have never seen such complex hierglyphs such as this. They still haven’t been able to decipher it. The tomb’s belongings are in the egyptian section in Domino Museum.”

Anzu studied the picture of the mummy. It strangely looked familiar and everything in that room...She had to go see it. Something kept egging on in her mind.

Yuugi noticed as Anzu had a blank look on her face, “Anzu? Are you alright?”

Anzu blinked, “Huh? Oh sorry Yuugi, I guess I kinda spaced out there.”

“You look very interested in this Anzu. Why don’t you come with Jou and Honda and I?” Yuugi asked fiddling with the paper as Jou and Honda were fighting about Honda seeing Shizuka, Jou’s younger sister.

“I’d love-wait darnit! I’m grounded...” Anzu muttered sadly. She had to go! Something kept pushing her...

“I thought ‘Miss Perfect’ never got grounded!” Jou teased and covered his face expecting a slap, but it never came. Anzu looked really absorbed into that picture. He glanced at the picture, “Mummies? They got curses ya’know?! They freak me out! Remember when that egyptian guy in da dress, Shaadi? Speaking of mummies, Anzu it looks like you!”

Anzu immediatly woke up. She wasn’t going to take this insult! “Then why aren’t you scared of me, poochy?” she made the famous look of doom she invented at Burgerworld.

Jounouchi whimpered and quickly hid behind Honda, tugging his jacket.

“Hey! Geroff of me!”Honda yanked Jounouchi off his jacket and looked at the clock, “Hey only fifteen more seconds til the bell rings!”

“Well sorry that you couldn’t come, Anzu...” Yuugi said disapointedly.

“No! It’s not your fault! Stop blaming yourself! It’s my own stupid fault I threw my alarm clock at the window! I’ll be able to hang out after my parents think it’s time to let me out,” Anzu reassured him, giving him a half moon smile.

Yuugi smiled, “Okay, we’ll see you on Monday then Anzu!” The bell rang and everyone left school. Anzu walked home, thinking about that mummy...why did it look like her? Time flew by quickly as she walked into her house. She laid on the couch, since she couldn’t go to her room with all the broken glass.

Anzu continued to ask herself, should she sneak to the museum? Something kept tugging at her to go there-telling her it was immediate. Her parents wouldn’t be home for another couple hours...so it wouldn’t hurt to go to the museum would it? She’d be back before they got home anyways, as they always said, “We’ll be home around 6,” it would be an hour later. She stood up.

“I’m going!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Whew! That took a while...anyways tell me how you like it. Oh and on my other stories, I’m so sorry I haven’t been updating. I’ve just been lazy. Review!