Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Music Idol ❯ Singing Class ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh or any musicals/songs in this story.

~

Joey, Tristen, Tea and Yugi all stood together in the school playground chatting happily to one another.

Mai Valentine walked over to them in her usual arrogant way, “Did you guys hear?” she asked sceptically, dropping her bag to the pavement moodily.

“Hello Mai, hear what?” Yugi replied, smiling up at his friend

“The new head teachers made another new rule.” Mai answered in annoyance, folding her arms.

Tea blinked, “Oh?” she said, suddenly interested

“Everyone is to join at least one after school club that will start tomorrow. Can you believe it!?” Mai cried, “I can’t be seen HERE after school! I have lots of important things to do!”

Joey snorted, “What like?” he said, “Cheatin’ some poor guy out of his money like you always do when you duel ‘em?”

“Shut it Wheeler!” Mai snapped

“Guys, guys!” Tristen said breaking the argument before it got worse “Chill, would ya?”

“What’s the matter Yugi?” Tea asked suddenly in concern when she noticed his worried expression.

Yugi sighed, “I don’t have time for it either,” he said “I have to help Grandpa with the shop.”

“Can’t you just tell the head you can’t do after class?” Tristen asked Mai

Mai shook her head, “She won’t allow it. It’s after class or after school detention…” she explained

“Miss Brown is such a bitch!” Joey exclaimed, glaring at the floor.

“Quiet will you!” Mai yelled, “She might be around the corner or something!”

Joey ignored her, “What ya gonna do Yug’?” he asked

“I don’t know…Grandpa will be so angry if I don’t help him and if I don’t obey the rules then it’s just as bad!” Yugi exclaimed,

Tea thought for a moment, “What about Yami? He’s got a body now, hasn’t he?” she offered

Yugi blinked, “Yeah but…I don’t think he knows how to run a shop.” He sighed again, looking clueless.

“How about Yami goes to after class with us and you help your Gramps?” Joey asked,

Yugi looked at him, “Maybe…but, I don’t know if he’d want to…” he muttered

“Come on Yugi, it’ll give us some time to hang out with him too!” Tea said,

Tristen nodded, agreeing while Mai simply waited.

//What’s the matter aibou?// Yami asked through his and Yugi’s mental link,

/Would you mind…um, going to after school class?/

//Why?//

/It’s a new rule that we have to do and, I have to help Grandpa…oh, please Yami!/

//Fine aibou, if it makes you happy.//

/Great! Thanks./

“Well…?” Mai asked impatiently,

Yugi smiled, “It’s sorted.” He replied

His friends all smiled back in unison, “Fantastic!” They cheered,

Mai gasped, “Oh no! I forgot!” she cried

“What is it?” Joey asked

“Everyone’s probably chosen a club by now and now we’re left with the crap ones!” Mai exclaimed, “Just great…”

“There might be one good club left if we hurry.” Tristen said as everyone picked up their bags and ran to the hall.

The gang entered the hall and found Duke and a very pissed off looking Seto Kaiba already staring at the list of clubs left on the paper pinned on the wall.

“Guess we’re not the only late ones.” Joey muttered, everyone walking towards the list.

Duke looked at them in surprise, “Not you guys too!?” he asked

“Afraid so.” Tea replied, glancing at him

Seto growled and quickly wrote his name somewhere on the list before pushing past them rudely.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going, moneybags!” Joey called, glaring at Seto’s back.

Seto snorted, “Whatever mutt.” He said, disappearing from sight.

“What’d he say!?” Joey cried out in rage,

“Leave it Jou!” Tristen said, pulling his friend back.

“Yeah, Kaiba’s not worth it.” Tea said, a pinch of hatred coming out when she said Seto’s last name.

“What clubs are left then Duke?” Yugi asked, changing the subject.

Duke turned to him, “Only one and that’s…singing class.” He replied

“WHAT!?” The gang screamed,

“You heard me,” Duke said, his fingers unconsciously twirling his dice earring around.

“Looks like we’re all together then.” Mai said, “And Kaiba is too…Oh my!”

“It might not be that bad guys.” Yugi tried, a look of sympathy on his face.

“Easy for you to say Yug’! You ain’t go'in!” Joey cried,

Tristen sighed, “Will soon find out tomorrow guys…” he said

~ Next Day ~

Yami sighed and reminded himself that he had to do this for Yugi as Tea linked arms with him and dragged him along while ranting about things Yami had little care for.

“Singing class, now that I think about it, doesn’t sound too bad!” Tea exclaimed, the high pitch sound of her voice ringing in Yami’s ears.

“But you’ve been saying how bad it is for the last fifteen minutes!” Yami cried, trying to release himself from her tight grip gently.

“Yeah…well, I would of rather done dance class.” Tea said, still holding on to him.

Yami sighed, “It’s ‘would have’ Tea, and you’ve told me already!” he said

Tea giggled, “Sorry,” she replied, “Oh, look Yami! Here we are!”

Tea then walked into a class room with Yami dragging behind glumly.

“Hello Tea, Yami.” Mai greeted, “Looks like the others are late.”

Yami smiled as Tea let go of him, “Indeed,” he said, “We’re the first ones here.”

Mai gestured towards a moody looking Seto sitting at a desk in a corner, “Not quite.” She said

Yami looked at Seto, “Hello Kaiba.” He greeted bluntly

Seto snorted in response, “Yami.” He muttered

“Don’t bother talking to that jerk Yami,” Tea loudly so everyone heard, “There’s no point being nice to scum like that.”

Yami frowned, “Isn’t that a little harsh?” he asked

Seto glanced at him, “Huh, no way.” Tea answered as he looked away again quickly.

“Hey everybody!” Joey yelled cheerfully as he, Tristen, Ryou and Duke stumbled inside.

“Ryou?” Tea asked, “What are you doing here?”

“I wasn’t at school yesterday because I was ill,” Ryou explained, “And this was the only club left.”

Tea nodded, “Great,” she said

Ryou blinked, “Yami? What are you doing here?” he questioned

“Yugi has to help at the game shop so…I ended up here.” Yami replied

“Oh, I see.” Ryou smiled, “Its good to have you here.”

Yami returned the smile, “Thank you.” He replied

Just then, a middle aged woman entered the room and said, “Alright class, chose your seats quickly!” she was their new teacher.

“You can sit with me Yami.” Tea giggled, pulling him to a desk.

“Okay…” Yami said

Joey sat with Tristen with Ryou and Duke behind them, Mai sat in front near Tea and Yami as the teacher positioned herself at the front of the class.

“My name is Mrs Watson.” The teacher announced, “I’d like to welcome you all to singing class.”

Silence.

“Okay…we are going to enter a competition people! Where two of you will perform a song together to some real judges and maybe be crowned music Idols!” Mrs Watson explained, “This would get us a lot of money for the school which we need and you would get a trophy which would either be gold, silver or bronze (gold is the idol)”

Mai raised her hand, “Yes?” Mrs Watson asked

“How will you decide the pair who will sing together in the competition?” Mai asked

Mrs Watson smiled, “I was just going to explain that,” she answered, “I’m going to put you in pairs and be a sort of judge myself and whoever I think is best, but I’m sure you’re all good, will be put in the competition.”

Mai nodded, “Fine.” She muttered

“Okay, which one of you is Joey Wheeler?” Mrs Watson asked

“Here I am m'am!” Joey waved

The teacher nodded, “You’re with…Mai Valentine.” She replied

“Just great.” Mai muttered as Joey winked at her.

“Ryou Bakura?” Mrs Watson asked

Ryou raised his hand, “That would be me miss.” He said

Mrs Watson smiled at him, “You’re with Duke Devlin.” She replied “And…Tristen Taylor?”

Tristen blinked, “Oh, that’s me.” He yawned

“Am I keeping you awake Tristen?” Mrs Watson asked

Tristen shook his head, “I think I just went to bed too late last night m’am, sorry.” He answered

“That’s okay, you’re with Tea Gardener.” Mrs Watson replied

Tea’s eyes widened, “WHAT!?” she screamed, standing up.

Mrs Watson raised an eyebrow at her, “Something wrong Tea?” she questioned

“I wanted to be with Yami, not HIM!!” Tea huffed

“Well I’m sorry you feel that way, now please sit down.” Mrs Gardener said calmly, “And I don’t seem to have a Yami on my list…”

“Oh, that’s because we call Yugi, Yami.” Joey said

Mrs Watson looked puzzled, “Is it a nickname?” she asked

“No, it’s his name…the school got it wrong but we don’t worry…” Joey replied a little too quickly, “Yugi’s his middle name…”

“Yeah!” Tristen exclaimed nervously

Mrs Watson frowned, she wasn’t convinced, “Fine. That means that Yami Motou?” she said

Yami blinked, “Oh, yes…that’s me m’am.” He replied

Mrs Watson nodded with a grin, “Is with Seto Kaiba which I guess must be you.” She said, looking at Seto.

Seto looked surprised.

“He can’t go with Yami!” Tea cried, “There rivals…they hate eachother!”

The rest of the class agreed with her.

Mrs Watson sighed, “Well, I’m sorry but I’m not changing anything…” she said, “Now, go sit with your new partners please!”

Yami went to sit next to Seto nervously, Seto glared at him and then returned to looking at the teacher coldly. Yami sighed and did the same, only with an interested but slightly worried gaze.

“Alright class, I’m going to tell you the first type of song to sing for next week which means you have a week to practise people so be ready!” Mrs Watson said, “Okay, the first type is musical, for example, Joey and Mai might sing a song from the musical les Miserables. Okay, I’ll just give you a piece of paper with your musical on…”

Mrs Watson placed a folded piece of paper on each desk, one per pair and awaited there response.

Joey unfolded the paper, “Look Mai! We got Oliver and the song ‘I shall scream’, do you know it?” he asked

Mai shrugged, “No.”

“Hey…erm, miss?” Joey asked

Mrs Watson looked at him, “Yes Joey?” she said

“What if you don’t know the words?” Joey said

“I’ll give you the script later.” Mrs Watson replied

“Okay.” Joey said

Mai turned around to face Ryou, “What did you guys get?” she asked

“Oh, let’s see…” Ryou said, reading the paper carefully. “We’ve got, les Miserables with the song ‘do you hear the people sing’…”

“Cool,” Joey replied

Mai looked at him, “Do you even know it?” she asked

Joey laughed nervously, “….No.” he muttered

Tristen glanced at Tea, “What did we get?” he asked

“Read it yourself.” Tea replied, still in a huff and handed Tristen the paper.

“We got Miss Saigon and the song ‘sun and moon’,” Tristen told her

Seto looked at Yami suddenly, “Well!?” he snapped

Yami blinked, “Well what?” he asked

“What did we get?” Seto replied coldly

“Phantom of the opera with the song, ‘all I ask of you’.” Yami answered

Seto’s eyes widened, “What? Give me that!!” he cried, grabbing the paper from Yami’s hands. “Oh no! Teacher, you’ve got to be kidding!”

Mrs Watson frowned, “I don’t ‘kid’ around Seto.” She said firmly

Seto looked like he was about to kill someone, “What’s a matter Kaiba? Is the song bad?” Yami asked

Mrs Watson glared at Seto, “Everyone will now shut up!!!” she yelled, “If you don’t like the song I don’t care, alright? Now, everyone, take your scripts and remember to practise…I’ll see you next week!”

Everyone then blinked in shock before taking their script and leaving the room.

Yami looked at his script and visibly paled, “Oh no!” he gasped

“What is it Yami?” Joey asked in concern

“The lyrics to this song are well…romantic!” Yami cried as Joey read over his shoulder.

Joey sniggered, “Wow, sorry man.” He said at Yami’s glare, “And to think your singing this with Kaiba of all people! Hahaha!”

Yami read a part of Joeys script, “You’re not so lucky yourself, have you looked at what you and Mai are singing?” he asked with a smirk.

Joey looked at his script and stopped laughing, “Aw, man…” he grumbled

Seto suddenly walked up to the group, his eyes never leaving Yami’s, “Will practise on Sunday at my place at six.” He said, “Don’t be late either; I have a company to run.”

“O-Okay…” Yami stuttered as Seto pushed past him.

Yami gazed at Seto’s back…

/Yami?/

//Aibou! What’s the matter?//

/Nothing Yami, everything’s fine./

//Then…what did you want?/

/I felt some strange things down our link Yami, are you okay?/

Yami blushed, //I don’t know what your talking about aibou, sorry.//

/You sure Yami?/

//Positive, I’ll see you later.// and with that, he closed their link.

“Yami, are you even listening??” Tea asked angrily

Yami blinked, “Sorry, I was talking to Yugi.” He replied, “What did you say?”

“I was asking you why you’d gone all red! Are you feeling okay??” Tea questioned worriedly.

Yami blushed a deeper red, “I- I’m fine Tea, honest.” He said nervously

Tea smiled at him, “Good!” she giggled, “I was worried.”

Yami sighed, “Well, I better be going now…” he said

The others nodded in agreement, it was going to be a long week…

~

PLEASE R+R!!!!!