Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My December ❯ My December ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My December

Lyrics from "My December" by Linkin Park

This is my December. This is my time of the year.

This is my December. This is all so clear.

This is my December. This is my snow covered home.

This is my December. This is me alone.

He stared blindly out the picture window. In the paling light of dusk, nothing could be seen but a vast expanse of white. He felt as if that blanket of white was enveloping him, pulling him under. Pulling him back into the memory.

And I...

Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed.

And I...

Take back all the things I said to make you feel like that.

And I...

Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed.

And I...

Take back all the things that I said to you.

**FLASHBACK**

"Hey, Bakura, I'm home." Ryou called out to him. "Kura?" He wandered through the rooms of the house looking for him. When he saw the curtains shimmer from the caress of the breeze he knew where his love had gone. Bakura loved their balcony. He spent many an hour there…thinking, meditating, relaxing, fuming. It was his spot. Ryou peeped out the doorway and he was sitting on the chaise. His heart still fluttered every time he saw him, especially when Bakura didn't know he was looking. Watching him from afar was one of his favorite things to do. Ryou couldn't believe that he loved him and he thanked Ra every day for bringing Bakura to him.

Ryou cleared his throat so Bakura would know he was there. He didn't look up as Ryou moved to sit next to his legs on the chaise. His hand brushed Bakura's outer thigh as he leaned over him to look into his face.

"Hey, love, what's wrong? Something happen today? You don't look too happy." He said nothing and still wouldn't look at him. "You're scaring me, Kura."

He finally turned his head to look into his eyes. Ryou had never seen such a cold, blank stare looking back at him. A chill ran up his spine.

"I want you to pack your things, whatever you can carry, and get out of my house." His deep voice was almost a whisper.

"W-what?" Ryou's voice was caught in his throat.

"You heard me. I want you out as soon as possible. Leave the keys to the house and the cars on the corner table when you go."

"Kura, what is going on? Talk to me. What did I do?"

"You know fucking good and well what you did." He got up from the chair and went into the house.

Ryou inhaled a ragged breath and stood on shaky legs. Bakura wasn't in the bedroom when he went back inside. Tears poured down his cheeks as he searched him out once again.

He was in the den, looking at the pictures of them that were scattered across the mantel. When his pale hand touched his shoulder, Bakura jumped slightly, then shrugged it away.

"Love, please. I don't know what's going on. I haven't done anything wrong. I would never…"

"Just shut the hell up you piece of trash!!" Bakura's eyes blazed into his. "You are nothing but a whore! You weren't satisfied with me, you had to move on to others, and one of my so-called best friends, at that. Just get your lousy, good-for-nothing ass out of here NOW!" He turned around and swiped his hand across the mantel, knocking all the picture frames to the floor. Ryou shuddered as they crashed onto the marble hearth below.

He could hardly walk as he was sobbing uncontrollably. He managed to make it into their bedroom and pull a suitcase from the closet. He only packed a few things, determined that he would get to the bottom of this and come back home. Ryou sat on the edge of their bed and tried to compose himself. Deep cleansing breaths didn't seem to do anything for the panic and heartbreak he felt inside. He pulled his key chain from his pocket and bit his lip as he worked at removing the house keys from the ring.

Slowly he stood and looked around the bedroom one more time. Ryou said a silent prayer that he'd be back soon. When he reached the bottom of the stairs he stopped and watched him again. He was staring out the window. He placed the keys on the coffee table and Bakura turned when he heard the clink of the glass.

"The keys." Ryou stated firmly. "Bakura, I don't know what you think I did, but just remember I loved you with everything in me. We had the best time when we were together. Leaving was not my idea." Ryou quickly called a taxi on the phone next to him, then placed it back on the coffee table next to the keys. Bakura watched as he pick up his suitcase and walk out the front door.

"I love you, too." He whispered as the door closed.