Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Moonlit Lover ❯ Chapter 11

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: My Moonlit Lover
Part: 11/??
Author: Murasaki Rose
Beta: None
Genre: AU/Romance/Supernatural/Horror
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: YAOI/Anthro/MPREG/Violence
Pairings: YYxY, SxJ, YBxR(established), YMxM(established)
Spoilers: Yami no Yugi's real name.

Disclaimer: Here we go. Yu-Gi-Oh and all it's characters are the property of Kazuki Takahashi, Shueisha, Konami, Toei, and unfortunately, 4 Kids Entertainment. All mentioned characters from the other series are also not mine, they belong to their respective creators. In other words, I don't own them and I'm not making any money off of this, I'm just a fangirl having some fun.

A/N: "text" = speech, 'text' = thought, ((text)) = telepathy, #text# = English, (((text))) = Arabic

Summary: In a world where supernatural beings live hidden amongst humans, you never know who or what's eye you might catch! Humans Yugi Mutou and Katsuya Jonouchi have their world turned upside-down when two werewolves choose them as their lifemates

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

After shuttling his grumpy brothers off to school, Seto decided that now was the best time to make a few phone calls.  The first one to his family doctor, he needed him to set up a plausible explanation for Katsuya to stay at Atem's home for the next few weeks.  The school would not need anything but the proof of their bite marks upon their return, but his mate's father might need something more concrete.  Katsuya was fairly certain his father wouldn't even notice his absence, but Seto wasn't about to take any chances.

The second call was to their school; as a newly-mated werewolf he would not feel comfortable leaving his mate alone.  So for the next several days, he would be staying home with Jonouchi.

"Domino High attendance, how can I help you?"

"Aino-san, this is Kaiba Seto.  I'm calling in myself and my classmate Jonouchi Katsuya due to "special" circumstances".

As one of the school's human guardians, Ms. Aino was not surprised to receive such a call.  Taking a moment to pull up both their profiles, she noticed that Kaiba was one of their supernatural students while Jonouchi was human.

"All right Kaiba-kun, what are your special circumstances?"

"I have claimed my human classmate Jonouchi Katsuya as my lifemate.  As such, it will be a few days before I will be willing to leave him and it will likely be even longer before he is comfortable going back to school."

"After the next full moon?" she asked, seeing his species classification as werewolf.

"Yes.  He will probably stay out as long after it as I will."

"Very well.  I'll have the two of you marked absent then."

"Thank you.  Also, I would like to report the additional absences of Meti Atem and Mutou Yugi."

Remembering Meti from his registration not too long ago, she pulled up his profile from the same database as Kaiba's.  Noting that he too was a werewolf (alpha status) she came to the obvious conclusion.  "I take it he has claimed Mutou-kun as his mate?"

"He has, and I highly doubt Yugi will return to school any sooner than Katsuya will."

"Have they both been bitten?"

"They have."

"All right then.  I'll report your absences to your teachers and the changes in Mutou and Jonouchi's statuses to the principal."

"Thank you." 

Bakura and Ryou entered the kitchen just as he was returning the phone to its cradle.

"Calling you and your mate in?" Bakura asked while his mate handed him ingredients from the refrigerator.

Seto nodded, "Yugi and Atem too."

"Good idea," Bakura acknowledged.  "With the howling those two were doing all day yesterday-

"and all night." Marik added, he and Malik having come down just in time to hear the Egyptian wolf's comment.

"-I doubt either of them will wake before noon," the russet-eyed wolf continued with a perverted grin.

Shaking his head, Ryou sighed and rolled his eyes at his mate's crude behavior while the other boys snickered.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Giving the frame a soft knock, the secretary peeked inside the partially open door.  "Principal Taisho?"

"Come in, Aino-san."  The inu youkai was seated at his desk, drinking his morning coffee while going over paperwork.

"I have some status changes for four of our students", she said, handing him the profiles.

"Status changes?"

"Yes sir, two of our special students have acquired mates."

Looking over the sheets of the first pair, he saw where she had made notations on each sheet as to who their mate was.  Seeing Mutou's name written next to Meti's did not surprise him.  He and most of the school had seen how possessive the young werewolf was over the petite human and had known it was only a matter of time.  However it was the next pair that  pleased him to no end.

"He finally did it."

"Who did what sir?"

"Kaiba-kun.  He finally claimed Jonouchi.  That pup has been pining over him for years and I've been trying to convince him to just claim the boy."

"Perhaps he simply needed the stability of a pack to properly motivate him," his secretary suggested.

Shaking his head with a rueful smile, he waved her on, "I'll get these changed and set up new profiles for Mutou and Jonouchi."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Keeping quiet while carrying a tray of food wasn't easy but Seto managed it.  Of course with Katsuya being a heavy sleeper, it wouldn't have made much of a difference had he made noise but still...

Placing the tray on a nearby dresser, the brunet wolf waited for the smell to rouse the blond.  Sure enough, as soon as the smell reached him, Katsuya began to stir.  Bleary honey-brown eyes blinked lazily as their owner woke, finally focusing on the brunet standing at his bedside.  "Ohayoo," he murmured, pulling himself into a seated position.

Seto smiled and pressed a quick kiss to the blond's lips, "More like 'good afternoon' pup.  Feel like something to eat?"

Shaking the fog from his head the blond nodded eagerly, his stomach growling in agreement.  Just as he was about to get up, he noticed the tray sitting on the dresser.  "Is that for me?"

"Both of us actually," picking up the tray, the brunet carefully placed it between them on the bed.   "Since we won't be going to school for a while, I thought we could talk some more."

Katsuya nodded, over the weekend he and Seto had spoken extensively about werewolves and the supernatural society as a whole.  The blond had been shocked at how vast and varied the population was in Domino alone and after he had recovered from a brief panic attack, asked question after question from his new mate.  Knowing it would take years to learn it all, he'd decided that today he wanted to learn more about Seto and Japanese werewolves.

Waiting until they had finished eating, Jou turned to Seto, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Why don't you tell me?"

"What?"

"We've talked about our future and most every subject in between, but I've started all of those conversations."   (The blond's reaction to his explanation of Yugi's condition had been quite comical.  It had led to a more serious discussion about their own pups;  Katsuya was willing but wanted to wait until Mokuba and Noa were a few years older.  Seto agreed, but admitted that should the blond change his mind, they could try sooner.)

Jou thought about it for a long moment, before coming to a decision.  "I guess... well... we never have talked about our pasts, huh?"

Seto blinked in surprise before nodding.  "We haven't."

Fidgeting uncomfortably, the blond looked away before forcing himself to look back at his mate.  "Look.  I'm not exactly proud of my past.  I did some pretty stupid things back then, but if we're gonna be together forever... I think you have the right to know."

"Katsuya, you don't have to tell me-"

"Yes I do.  If for no other reason than I need to get this off my chest."

Wrapping his arms around the blond, Seto pulled him to rest against his chest.  "No matter what I'll still love you."

Hiding a smile, Jou enjoyed the comforting warmth the brunet provided, it was nice to hear that after all these years.   "I guess I should start around the time my parents got divorced..."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Despite his best efforts to avoid it, the persistent light of the afternoon sun pulled Atem from his peaceful slumber.  Crimson eyes fell on the small form slumbering at his side and a self-satisfied smile pulled at his lips.  With his hair in utter disarray, some strands still plastered to his face, lips swollen, and his neck littered with hickeys and love bites, the pale teen looked utterly debauched.  Hidden by the sheets, the pale teen's body bore bruises from where Atem had gripped his hips and a few hickeys on his inner thighs.  The Egyptian wolf sported similar marks on his neck and shoulders, as well as a spectacular set of scratches down his back.  After two days of near-constant mating, the petite youth was exhausted but Atem was pleased to note that Yugi no longer smelled like he was in heat.  It would take a couple weeks before they would know if Yugi had been impregnated, but with as many times as they had coupled the tanned teen was sure they had succeeded.

Holding his mate closer, Atem glanced over at his alarm clock and noticed how late it was.  Hoping one of the pack had called them in, he was glad that he had thought to call Sugoroku the night before while Yugi was asleep.  He'd given the elder a condensed explanation as to why Yugi would not be returning home or attending school for some time and as he'd hoped, his new grandfather-in-law had been expecting this.  To Atem's relief, he had gone on to congratulate them before telling the Egyptian teen that he expected a full explanation from them both later.  Atem readily agreed, then arranged for one of his pack to pick up some of Yugi's clothing Monday evening.

Deciding that a long hot bath and a hearty lunch were just what he and his mate needed, Atem carefully slipped out of the bed and headed into his bathroom to run the water.  The missing warmth of his mate combined with noise of the bath water woke Yugi just in time to see Atem exiting the bathroom.  "Feel like having a bath, aibou?"

Placing a hand on his lower back and rubbing, Yugi nodded.  "Carry me?" he asked, widening his eyes and tilting his head.

Chuckling, Atem scooped up his adorable lover and carried him to the bathroom, setting him on the edge of the tub before reaching over to turn the water off.  "How's the temperature?" he asked watching his beloved swirl his fingers in the water.

"Perfect," Yugi purred, "Nice and hot."

"Excellent," Atem replied, stepping into the bath, then turning and lifting his mate up and into the water.  Yugi moaned in relief as he settled into the bath, the hot water working miracles on unknotting the aching muscles in his back and lower regions.  Settling the amethyst-eyed youth into his arms, Atem enjoyed the warmth of the bath water and the proximity of his beloved.  All too happy to cuddle, Yugi leaned back against the crimson-eyed wolf, the aches and pains of his body easily forgotten in the blissful heat that permeated his body.

Exchanging lazy kisses and caresses, they basked in the others simple affection until the water began to cool.  Not wanting to catch chill, they quickly washed their bodies and using the detachable shower head, their hair.  Climbing out of the tub first, Atem lifted Yugi out and grabbing a towel, gently rubbed his the pale teen dry.  Yugi protested at first, until he realized he couldn't bend far without pain shooting up his back, so he submitted to mate's care.  When he was satisfied that the other was dry enough, Atem handed the paler teen a towel so he could work on his hair while he dried off his own body and hair.

"Why don't you find us something to wear aibou, while I strip the bed?" Atem suggested as they re-entered the bedroom.
"Okay," Yugi agreed, walking over to the dresser to find some boxers and hopefully a couple pairs of sweatpants.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

"Did you know I had another brother?"

They were the first words Seto had spoken besides 'I still love you.' since Katsuya had finished talking about his past.   Sensing this was not going to easy on the brunet, Jou shook his head and gave him a comforting squeeze.

"Werewolves are almost always born in litters of two or more.  Single births are rare and almost always caused by complications at one point or another during the pregnancy."

Staring off into space, it almost seemed as though the brunet was looking into the past.  "I had a twin brother.  He was the oldest by two minutes, had slightly darker skin, his eyes were almost navy blue, and his hair was a shade lighter than mine...we were almost identical."

"What was his name?"

"Seth.  He... he died the same night my parents did."

"Seto," as if to ward off the pain, Jou held him tight.

"It all happened so fast...I remember my mother shaking me awake...then she led us to the back door where father was waiting with Mokuba and Noa.  They both hugged us and told us how much they loved us, then Father checked out back before signaling us to come out.  He told Seth and I to run and keep running no matter what we heard.  We tried to ask questions, but then that awful banging started.  Mother looked panicked and he ordered us to go, I remember hearing angry voices yelling...we didn't know what else to do so we just ran, deep into the woods behind our home.

I don't know how long or far we ran but Mokuba and Noa couldn't keep up anymore.  We tried carrying them, but it just wore us out quicker.  Seth and I looked around and found an abandoned fox den, it was just big enough to hide us if we changed...

We weren't hiding for long when we heard the hunters approaching with their hunting dogs.  There was only one way any of us had a chance at escaping and we both knew it.  Seth was older so he made me stay hidden with the pups while he led them away."  Blue eyes glittering with unshed tears, the brunet struggled to continue.  "It worked.  They ran after him and didn't come back.  Hours later, as the sky was just beginning to lighten, the Guardians found us and took us somewhere safe.  I found out later that day that my brother and parents were dead and that my younger brothers and I were the last werewolves in Japan."

"Kami Seto...I..I don't know what to say," Jou murmured, holding the brunet close.

The wolf gave him a sad smile, "You don't have to say anything, just...stay with me."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

By the time dinner rolled around, the two humans had grown tired of being sequestered in their lover's bedrooms and after patiently explaining that 'no the bathroom does not count as another room' were allowed to join the rest of the pack downstairs.
Since Jonouchi was determined to move under his own power, his descent was a bit slower than his friend, who by now was settled comfortably in the family room.  Catching sight of his best friend, the blond stared dumbstruck for a moment before the corner of his mouth began to twitch.   Yugi's unusually acidic glare was his undoing, sending the blond into a fit of laughter that had him falling into Seto's arms.

"You're lucky I can't reach you from here," the small teen grumbled as Seto deposited his best friend on a nearby couch.

Jou shrugged, then gave him an evil grin, "You do realize I was right though?"

"Right about what?"   Ryou asked, curious as to why Yugi was so annoyed.

"Well ya see Friday when we were walking over to the house, Yugi here was worried about whether he was gonna still be a virgin by the end of the weekend."  Honey-brown eyes sparkling with mirth, he snickered gleefully, "and I said he'd make it til that night."

Ryou blinked then as realization dawned, gave the smaller teen a sympathetic smile.  The other teen had obviously been feeling the effects of Hathor's Gift, and like Ryou, had no idea why it was happening.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

As the bell for lunch break rang, Seto once again found himself forcing down a sigh.  He missed his mate.  Unlike Atem, who could run around the school with Yugi's scent covering him like a banner, Seto had been forced to shower repeatedly in a different bathroom in order to remove Jou's scent.  Normally, he wouldn't care who knew, but when Katsuya had learned of Otogi's challenge, he'd decided that they should shock the hell out of the raven-haired teen when he came back.  Seto had been more than willing to put the kitsune in his place beforehand, but the blond thought it would be much more fun to reveal their bond together.  While Seto agreed the end result would be satisfying, without Jou's scent he was anxious and fidgety, making it difficult to keep focus while in class..

He couldn't wait for his Katsuya to return to his fierce, independent self; then they could both rub their mating in Otogi's smug face.

'Speak of the Devil and he shall come,' Seto thought as Ryuji Otogi approached, a smug grin on his face.

"So Jonouchi's out with pneumonia, huh?"

Throwing up a mask of indifference to hide his triumphant smirk, Seto gave the arrogant kitsune his most emotionless stare.  He knew what the other supernatural was trying to do and he'd be damned before he fell for it.

"Too bad this illness of his is keeping him gone during your time to court him," the raven-haired teen drawled in an attempt to rile up the wolf.

With a derisive snort, Seto turned his back on the kitsune and began to walk away without a word, but Otogi was having none of it.  "Not that it would have helped you anyway," he went on.  "I mean, you've got all the personality of an icicle.  There's no way someone as vibrant and warm as Jonouchi would want you as a mate."

Inwardly flinching as Otogi hit a nerve, Seto kept his expression blank, knowing his mask of indifference was infuriating the kitsune.  Glancing over his shoulder, he tossed the smirking kitsune a brief reply, "We'll see."

"We'll see?  We'll see?!  Is that all you have to say?!"

"Why should I waste more of my time in your presence than necessary?" Seto replied, striding out the door, leaving Otogi fuming in the empty classroom behind him.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Carrying the pile of books needed for himself, Yugi, and Katsuya should have been a simple thing...had he remembered to bring their school bags.  Unfortunately for the Alpha wolf, he had forgotten to retrieve all three bags before meeting with their teachers, so he was forced to navigate the halls carrying a stack of books and papers that went higher than his own head!  Making matters worse, were all the people that insisted on bumping his shoulders, forcing him to stop and rebalance his precarious load.  What he wouldn't give for his mate's calming presence!

"Oh Atem!  Here let us help you!" Anzu exclaimed, from somewhere behind the precarious stack of books just as Atem's patience was reaching it's limit.

"Yeesh, you think they'd let you take this in two loads," Honda commented, removing enough of the stack that Atem could actually see where he was walking.  For just a moment, he saw a flash of immeasurable rage in the Egyptian's crimson eyes, but it was gone almost as quickly as it had come.  Still, the hazel-eyed teen was sure to let Atem take the lead.

He'd noticed that throughout the day, many of their classmates had made catcalls and suggestive comments regarding Yugi and Atem's weekend activities.  Depending on who was making the comment or what they said, the Egyptian teen would either give them a sinful smile or an incendiary glare.  Both reactions had Anzu and Honda confused...wasn't Yugi sick?  Anzu had brushed it off as nothing, but Honda knew something was up.  He liked Atem, the guy fit in perfectly with their little group and it was obvious that Yugi was the sun and moon to him.  But there was something odd about the foreign student....something unnatural.  'I really need to talk to Yugi.'

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

October 22, 2014

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o