Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My New Life ❯ My New Life ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is my new life. A fresh new start, I guess you can say. Why? Because today marks the official date that I must continue without him in my life anymore. Without my heart, my soul, my love. I'd give anything just to hear him laugh again. To see him smile, to feel his sweet lips upon mine once more. But it's not possible. Not anymore at least. All those tender moments we shared will just be memories. Memories I'd gladly cherish for all eternity, for they are what keeps me real. Just as he used to.

As a five thousand, and counting, years old spirit, you tend to lose most, if not all, sense of reality. Before I was released… before he freed me… he only place I knew of was the Shadow Realm and the darkness that surrounded me, that was it. But now, I feel things that I have long forgotten I could feel. Emotions that were long gone re-entered my soul when we found each other.

I've witnessed many deaths in all my lifetimes, but none of which had affected me this way, the way his has. He gave me life, warmth, and most of all, love. He melted away the cold walls that had entrapped my heart. He softened the soul that had hardened against life itself. And he filled a person who had lost the will to love with just that. With love… his love.

As a pharaoh, I've been the cause of many deaths, but as a spirit, my life lies with another. It lies in the hands of my beloved, the person that gives me something to live for, the one who always believed in me. Ever since he freed me from my confinement years ago, my life belonged with him. And it still does; probably always will. I've loved him just as he loved me and I still do. From now into eternity and beyond.