Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Only Escape ❯ Part 3: Deal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Only Escape

Part 3: Deal

She smirked. Everything was going according to plan. Right now she needed one last thing to play out. If the foolish spirit did agree then there'd be something for her. She knew what was happening and what people really think. So far the spirit she's after didn't have a clue. If the cards were played right she gets the ultimate prize.

"Mistress, may I ask, why do you have an interest in the spirit?" a servant asked.

"My General Kyoda you know that I always have interests in spirits," she answered.

"Yes but is there something special about this one?"

"Yes. The ones with the coldest hearts are the easiest to break."

* * *

Bakura walked down the street. It was unusual for him but he didn't care. He didn't want suspicion to arise from his hikari. He sighed. He couldn't do anything anymore, he felt like he couldn't do anything anymore. He tasted copper in his mouth. He remembered the thug who punched him. He flicked his tongue over his lips to taste.

"Well aren't you a sorry sight," a woman's voice said in front of him. He looked up at the woman and scowled. He ignored her and brushed past her.

"Now aren't you rude?" she said appearing in front of him faster than he anticipated.

"Go away, I don't know you," Bakura responded and stepped away.

She grabbed his arm and pulled him in front of her. She smiled at him. Bakura just scowled up at her.

"What do you want?" he asked harshly.

"Don't act like that to me, I was merely going to offer you something. That is if you're interested."

"Why would I be interested in what you're offering? I don't have time for this." He tried to break from the woman's grip but she was stronger than she looked.

"Why do you run? You know I was going to offer you freedom."

"I already have my freedom."

"No, I will add to that freedom. I can give you freedom from life. I can give you freedom from your guilt?" She said whispering in his ear. She felt him freeze and tense up. She smirked everything was going according to plan.

"What do I have to do?" he asked softly.

"Well former spirit, I only wish to have your spirit in return. And only then shall I give you true freedom."

"Okay."

"Great."

* * *

Ryou glanced at the clock. It was already almost ten at night and still Bakura hadn't come home. He wondered what happened. Bakura said that he was going to he nurse's office and yet when Ryou asked he never went. Ryou was about to give up and go to bed but he heard the front door open and close. He hoped it was Bakura. Of course he would be the only logical choice.

Ryou went to the front to see Bakura entering. To Ryou he looked worse than before. It was as if the very life is being sucked out of him.

"Bakura where were you? I was worried. You weren't at the nurse's office. Is something wrong?" Ryou asked concerned. He gasped as Bakura looked at him. Blood was running down the side of Bakura's face and a bruise was forming on his cheek. "What happened? I'll fix that for you." Ryou said running to get the first aid kit.

Ryou went back down and didn't see Bakura. He walked into the kitchen and no sign of him. He then tried the living room to see Bakura passed out on the couch. He gasped and rushed to his side. He checked for a pulse and was relieved to find one. Ryou quickly cleaned the wound and put some ointment and a bandage over it. He brushed Bakura's bangs and smiled.

Even if Bakura didn't know it, Ryou cared a lot despite what he did before. Though he didn't know what's happening. Bakura seemed more distant and somehow Ryou kept feeling this ache in his chest. He knew that it wasn't physical but emotional pain. He didn't know what to make of it. But somehow he felt it coming from Bakura. That's why he was worried. Bakura can be stubborn sometimes.

Ryou sighed and went to the cabinets to get a spare blanket. He covered Bakura since it was cold even with the heater on. He glanced around the empty house. Everything was there as usual, the TV, the chairs, coffee table, and the couch. He didn't know but it felt like there was someone else besides the two of them. He just shrugged it off as paranoia. Without knowing it he fell asleep sitting up on the floor with his head resting over Bakura's arm.

* * *

Ryou had every right to be paranoid. A shadow eyed the two look-a-like's on the couch through the window. It frowned and shook its head.

"No, this will just not do."

* * *

~ Journal Entry #16 ~

Well it's been an interesting week. I fainted, tried to falsely kill myself, and got scolded for seeing someone that I wasn't supposed to see? I thought this was free will that I could see anyone anytime at my choice? Since when did the pharaoh still rule? This isn't Egypt anymore or the past for that matter. Stupid pharaoh telling me who I can and can't see. How the hell did he know anyways? Was he following me because Ryou asked him to? Maybe I shouldn't go out for walks anymore. It's been cold lately even if the heater is on. For the past week since I met that woman I've been feeling weaker than usual, physically but emotionally I could hold my own. I don't know. Ryou has been more concerned now. I think Yami told him about that woman I met. I wonder if this is what the woman was talking about. I wish everyone would butt out of my business. (End Entry)

* * *

Bakura groggily woke up. He had a huge headache, which he figured would be the cause of one of his arms being numb. But he felt a weight on it. He forced his sleepiness out of his eyes and lifted his head a bit. He saw white hair similar to his own and sighed. He maneuvered and got his arm off from under without waking his hikari. He stood up and gently picked up Ryou carrying him bridal style. Bakura walked up the stairs into Ryou's room and set him gently on the bed. He pulled the covers up to his shoulders. Bakura looked once more at his sleeping hikari and then left the room, closing the door slowly.

He had a feeling that he was doing the wrong thing but he didn't pay it no mind. He already signed the contract and it could only be burned if his spirit is placed somewhere else.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Thanks for the visits!

Like it? Review!