Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Childhood Saga: Bakura, the unfriendly ghost, Part one ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

3 Childhood Saga:Bakura, the unfriendly ghost, Part 1.
oOo
-an extra thought from Ryou-
# telepathically said by our big-mouthed `Kura! #
oOo
There are some Japanese words in every chap. For the people who don't know any Japanese words, here's the translation of them who are gonna be seen in this chap;
Koi: Love
Gomen: Sorry
Iie: No
Shimpai janai: Don't worry about it
Arigatou: Thank you
Shiribachi: Lame butt
Anata no namae wa nan desu ka: What's your name?
Baka: Idiot, stupid, ass
Hai: Yes
Tou-san: Dad, daddy
Demo: But
Watashi na otetsudai: I'm trapped in here.
Watashi no namae wa ... desu: My name is ... in this case: Bakura Ryou
Bakayarou: Stupid jerk idiot dumb illegitimate son of a dirty street whore
Nani: What
Aibou's: Partners
oOo
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura, Ryou's dad and mom, Ryou's sister and the Millennium Items.
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
oOo End flashback oOo
I looked at my watch. Time wasn't really that important anymore, since `it' happened. Day and night, all looked the same. All were empty, and they had no use for me. Only the few hours I was here, I found out time was running too fast.
“It's already ten o'clock. I've been here for already and hour. Geez, and I haven't even told half of it! This was just the beginning!”
“The beginning of what?” I suddenly heard a voice saying behind me.
I turned around and saw Yugi standing there, carrying a bag, probably filled with some presents for you, my koi. It was meant sweet, but they wouldn't be opened ever, since you ... well, since that `thing' happened. I turned my face to you again, to shy to look him in the eyes.
“Gomen if I disturbed you, but I have planned something this afternoon, so I just dropped by earlier this time ... but if you don't want my presence, I'll come back tomorrow.” Yugi started. He carefully chose words, hoping he wouldn't say anything stupid ... I couldn't care a thing, but as always, I never showed this.
“Iie ... I ... I was telling him just another story ... nothing more.” I answered softly, not looking up towards Yugi's face.
Yugi walked over, and sat down next to me. The bag stood now between his legs. I wonder if he was going to give it to me, or just put it next to you.
“Didn't they say he probably wouldn't hear everything we said to him?” Yugi asked, already knowing there was 0 chance he could hear me ... I know this also, but I didn't have much else to do since `it' happened.
“There is a little chance he can hear me.” I spoke ... Who knows ... And if he doesn't, then so be it.
“In that case, I want to listen also ... what story are you telling anyway?”
“emmm ... About how we met ... so it's my life-story.” I stuttered softly. PLEASE, let him go ... This is just something between you and me ... not between you, me and Yugi.
“You never told me that ... Now you can't get me away anymore! I definitely want to hear this!”
“I guess there's no way I can say `iie'?”
“That's right ... and it's not like you can't trust me. I won't tell the story further.” He raised his pink, but I wasn't in the mood for do the `pinky-pinky thing'.
“Okay then. I already told him how I got the ring ... and the first time we met ... and since he doesn't like something that's repeated ... can you please jump in where I left?”
“Shimpai janai. I'll listen.” I know he looked a bit odd when I mentioned that you could actually HEAR me, but since he thought I didn't see that, he didn't mention a thing, and neither did I.
“Arigatou Yugi.”
So where was I ... O, I remember. I woke up from ...” I spoke, and began to dream of how it went further ...

oOo Enter flashback oOo

“WAKE UP! ... Shiribachi ... ” I heard someone scream into my ear, while I slowly started to wake up. I needed to think just for a moment, to remember everything -presents, me in tree-house, singing someone ... and ... some person sitting in the window before falling over-
I yawned lazily before rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, but I didn't open them yet ... I think that was the fact cuz I was scared of who was yelling at me.
But my eyes opened second after my slow actions, cuz that certain person -who was yelling at me minute ago- shook me roughly. I opened my bright eyes, only to meet darker ones. At that point I figured out we had exactly the same eyes, the only difference was -like I probably thought before, but I wasn't really thinking clear at this point- the brightness.
Some -really- weird noise escaped my throat, which caused the person let me go -... wait a sec ... WAS HE HOLDING ME THE WHOLE TIME? ... and WHY is he grinning at me like that?- I looked to a complete different side, only to escape his eyes. Suddenly I noticed it started to twilight outside already a bit ... OMG, I must have been blacked out for a pretty long time!
I looked at the older boy who stood now in front of me, who was looking outside too... So in the end it gave me the opportunity to give him a better look without him knowing I was staring.
He looked exactly like me, same colour hair, same sorta face, same smile, except for the eyes then, they were a bit darker than mine ... and now I look some better, I think his hair is some sharper and longer than mine. Although we looked like twins, he was probably a couple of years older -I think he's around 10 years old- and his skin was a bit more tanned -But I was probably the most un-tanned boy in the world-. Further, he wore a simple jeans, and a navy-blue T-shirt ... isn't this guy cold? IT'S FREEZING AND HE'S OUTSIDE WITH SUMMER-CLOTHES ON!
“I'm not cold.” He suddenly said, while looking over to me again -which made me blush and made me looking to my o-so-interesting floor-.
STOP THIS MOMENT... ! ... why did he just explain what I was thinking... and the thinking I was thinking I didn't know to answer cuz the thinking was to difficult to be thought of he just answered it without me asking him the thing I was thinking and I didn't know to answer cuz it was too difficult to be thought of?
This guy's giving me the creeps... -really... he just smirked once more at me!-
“W...Who...who a...are you...?” I stuttered. Gosh, that sounded lame. I just hope he doesn't think I'm scared, which I am at the moment.
He sat down in front of me -I think he lied... he has goose-flesh, so he HAS to be cold!- and said thoughtfully while his darker eyes pierced into mines: “Dunno... how about you? Anata no namae wa nan desu ka?”
I can't say I saw that coming... this guy is cool! ... But that's still no reason for him to sneak around in my tree-house!
“A tree-house, huh? So that is how you call this thing.” He said to the nothingness -He had already turned his head to some other side, probably to look around-, but I think that one was meant for me.
“You... you are strange...” I began, but I found out I started at the wrong way.
“It's not like you are normal.” He snorted at me, before I could finish my sentence. Then he crossed his arms, and looked to my treasure-box in the other corner ...
HEY! That's not nice! I'm as normal as the most normal kid in the world! Although I'm a loner... and I'm way too smart for my age... and I'm a chicken sometimes... that DOESN'T mean I'm not normal! I mean, EVERYBODY has to have problems!
“I know it's not nice... but I think I'm right after all. Being a small smart-ass chicken isn't that normal.” He said again, while making me really nervous this time.
WHY does he always answer my thoughts, it's not like he can actually HEAR them!
“I can, actually.” He said, while his voice trailed more and more away by the second.
Now I'm scared...
“Of what... me? I'm just a psychotic tomb-robber who murders if he doesn't get what he wants, and that's pretty often... absolutely normal.” He added a smirk and looked outside once more, snorting when he noticed the coldness outside.
I guess I can panic now...
“KAA-SAN!'' I screamed, while my eyes watered, and ended up crying big tears.
“KAA-SAN! I'M SCARED! HELP ME!” I screamed, and hoping would be able to hear it... which would probably be heard, if a certain boy didn't ran over to me and almost choked me by putting his hands over my mouth, so I couldn't yell ... and couldn't breathe normally... but that was just of the shock I received.
I immediately stopped screaming, but instead I looked into his eyes once more, which were many times smaller than mine, cuz my eyes had the size of a cupcake right now.
“Quit, okay! I was just kidding, got that! I. Was. Just. Kidding. OKAY!” He said while I relaxed a bit, but I was still crying, and being in a shock, of course.
“Why are you so soft-headed? Can't you bare a joke?” He hissed into my ear -his mouth was only inches away from it- and then he let his hand uncover my mouth. His eyes never left mines.
I looked away, to avoid his intense gaze, now looking to the ground -nice carpet... never mind, I'm not in for jokes ... sniff ...- While rubbing my tears away -which was useless, cuz I was still crying, and old tears was replaced for new ones--.
Suddenly he turned away, walked to my desk, and looked at me cards and the ring... He WASN'T going to steal them... was he?
“Iie, baka. Just looking at them.” He answered my thoughts once again. Then I heard an `o-my-god' from the boy, but I couldn't see what was doing, since he had the back turned to me.
I think this was my cue to stand up and walk to my desk also. I carefully looked over his shoulder -although I needed to stand on my toes, since he was some longer than me ... but then again, who wasn't?- and saw him staring at my ring.
“It's pretty, isn't it!” I started, this times I carefully picked out my words, so hopefully he wouldn't get angry cuz I said something stupid.
Almost immediately he turned around, and asked angrily: “Is the ring yours?”
“Hai... why do you ask?” I answered shy, not bothering this time to think before I asked. After all, he got angry, even when I DID carefully picked out words, so I thought that wouldn't make the guy angry.
But my thoughts ended as I heard him curse under his breath, and looking now in my face. Suddenly I heard his voice... but not from his mouth... HOLY SMOKE! THIS IS GIVING ME THE CREEPS! I'M HEARING A VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD! I swear I heard him yell at me... but it was just like he ... sorta spoke to me ... emm, how do you call that? ... emmm ...
# Telepathically #
Hai! Telepa-...
“What happened...?” I stuttered, while backing away a few steps. This boy is probably the weirdest boy I've ever met... not to mention I've only lived 5 years.
“... You heard me, didn't you?”
“Hai...” I answer softly. This is getting stranger by the second.
# Damn! # He cursed, and snorted immediately after it.
“Please don't do that... it's scary.” I tried to say, but my voice faded away when I reached half of the sentence. I backed away some more, only to find out I was leaning against a wall, so backing away was now a scrapped option ... Great! -not!-
# I do whatever I want to! #
“How did you got the ring?” He said, completely noticing my relief towards him cuz he talked further normally.
“I ... I got it as a present ... from my Tou-san.” I said, while my voice faded away even more, if that was possible.
“Then I want it back! It's mine ... and it'll always be!” He suddenly said and grabbed my treasure.
# It's not your treasure ... it's mine! # He turned around, so I saw the anger in his eyes ... Is it just me, or is this boy always angry?
“Demo...- I started, but was cut off rudely by none other than the mind- talking boy in front of me:
“WHAT! Don't you understand it! This is my thing, and the fact your dad gave it to you, doesn't mean it's yours ... ESPECIALLY when that thing is mine!” He glared at me, and put the ring around his neck. Then he suddenly stared to me again, only then with surprise in his eyes, and before I knew, he disappeared ... really, I'm not joking ... it was like `BOOM!' and he was gone! Only the ring was there, and lay now on the ground.
“emmm ... hello?” I started to speak ... it's not that I liked the boy, but that didn't mean I didn't want to know where he went to.
-no answer-
Perhaps he went home ... no, it can't be that. He really vanished for my eyes ... wait a sec ... if he could hear my thoughts ...
HELLO! Are you in my head again?
This sounds like I'm crazy or something in that direction! Here I am, talking inside my mind, to a probably never-existed person ... is was probably just a big dream! I must have gotten too less sleep last night!
But after 2 seconds, I didn't think anymore it sounded stupid ... guess who was back.
# YOU AGAIN! GO AWAY! ... unless you know how to bring me back to your world! # And if that wasn't enough, he snorted through my mind.
... YEY! I wasn't insane! I can really talk to him telepathically! But HOW ON EARTH do you begin a conversation like that?
Hello? Where are you now?
# Watashi na otetsudai # his voice rang through my head ... this is fun! Never knew having a telepathic conversation was so much fun!
# It's no fun! If you can't get me outta here, then GO AWAY! # A snort came after his words.
... do I sound stupid if I asked you how I can get you out of where-ever you are? ... where are you anyway?
# I'm inside the ring of course! NOW GET ME OUT! #
... it's not `of course' if you're trapped inside a ring! ... but give me a minute. I saw this thing on TV, so you'll be free in no-time!
I ran to the ring -now laying on the ground- and grabbed it. Then I sat down on the ground and put the ring on my lap. Then I brushed it, so the little bit of dust what was lying on the ring was removed ... NOTHING HAPPENED!
But in `Aladdin and the wonder-lamp' the genie of the lamp gets activated after brushing the lamp!
# I'm NOT a genie ... I'm a spirit! #
... then you're stuck! I only know how to free genies!
# GREAT! Can't you just do something about it? #
... I don't think so ... WAIT A SEC...
# I'm waiting ... and I've waited long enough! NOW SPEAK! # Geez, he sure sounded angry!
-Ever heard of anger-management?-
# Get lost, little lamb. Unless you tell me RIGHT NOW what you were planning to say! #
Oh yeah, about that ... Perhaps daddy knows something about it! After all, he's the one who bought it! ... and daddy is really clever!
# Tsss! Never trust someone else #
Aren't you trusting me right now? ... Or how do you call that?
# ... I don't want to trust you, but seeing the circumstances, I think this is the best thing for me to do # He snorted.
Okay! I'll pick you -I mean the ring of course!- up, and go my house. Cuz there's daddy right now.
So I picked it up and hang it over my neck, else I wouldn't be able to climb to the ground, cuz the ladder was slippery -I think mommy was right after all-.
But before I could walk to the trap-door, there was another `BOOM!'
... HE'S BACK! YEY!
“HOW DID YOU DO THAT?” His yell brought me back to the real world. He was obviously trying to look angry, but I could see some surprise in his eyes and voice.
# I'm NOT surprised! Got that? #
YES SIR! ... -LOL-
I giggled at my thought, while he gave me an odd look. Then he suddenly walked over to my huge pillow, and sat down. I wanted to sit down also, but I received a mentally stare after I thought it ... so I just scrapped that idea.
# You're the weirdest kid I've ever met, boy! # He suddenly walked to my treasure-box, opened it, grabbed a lollypop, walked back, sat down, and licked on it.
“My name's not `boy'. Watashi no namae wa Bakura Ryou desu.” Mommy always says, `always talk well-mannered'.
# Why do you have 2 names? Weren't you satisfied with just one? # This time he didn't snort, but kept on licking his lollypop ... if I was him, I'd do that also ... after all, it WAS a strawberry-tasted lollypop!
“Emmm ... although I like this telepathically talk of you, I prefer a normal conversation.” I said ... I hope that doesn't make him angry.
# I talk however I want. And I'm not angry right now ... at least, IF you won't go crying again like an overgrown baby #
“Okay ... But you see: everyone in this world has 2 names. One first name and one surname. The surname is to know to which family you belong ... since my daddy's and mommy's surname is also Bakura.”
# Okay ... So I can call you Ryou? #
“Hai ... how can I call you?”
# I don't have a name. Where I came from I never received a name, since my dad died before I was born, and mom wasn't allowed to give a name ... and the nickname she gave me, I forgot #
“Ooh ... So can I just call you `boy' or do you prefer a real name?”
# ... You said each family has a name for them all ... my whole family is dead ... so I can't take a `surname' of them ... but it's not like we had `surnames' #
Oww ... wait a minute ... perhaps ...
# NANI! #
“Perhaps I can lend you our surname! It's not that we're family from each other, but mommy wouldn't mind it if you also took our surname! And since we look so much alike, we must be far family or something like that.”
“Bakura, huh? Sounds good to me.”
“COOL! ... but that's just your surname ... now I need to think of a first name for you!”
# Unlike you, I don't need 2 names. Just say Bakura # lick, lick ... I WANT A LOLLY TOO!
“It sounds weird if I would call you by my surname ... do you really don't want a first name?”
# Iie # He snorted.
“Okay then ... can I ask you something?”
# It's not like you never asked me something before this moment ... but if it doesn't take long ... I guess you can # He looked like he was proud of himself, probably cuz he thought he was `cool'.
# I don't think that ... it's a FACT that I'm cool! ... but what'dya wanted to ask me? #
“Do you perhaps know Casper?”
# WHO? #
“Casper, the friendly ghost! I KNOW you know him, cuz you're almost a ghost!” I stated matter-of-factly.
# I'm no ghost #
“And not a genie ... I know. But perhaps you've met him before.”
# I never heard of the guy ... who is he anyway? A dead relative where you think of it's still in this world, only then as a ghost? #
“Iie ... Casper is a friendly ghost, and he lives in a big house ... he's the main character of the film `Casper, the friendly ghost'.” I answered, now it was my turn to look proudly. Only my reason was that this was the first time someone actually listened to my `Casper-facts', instead of thinking I was `cool'.
# Is that guy real? Or did you use your fantasy? # He snorted.
“IIE! Casper is real! Although mommy said he doesn't exist, I DO think he's real!” I answered back, a bit angry.
# And IF that guy was real ... I still wouldn't want to meet that guy, and that's why I'm quit happy I never the guy ... #
“Perhaps you're a sort `Casper, the friendly ghost'!”
# First: I'm no ghost ... #
“I know. And you're also no genie ... YOU'RE A SPIRIT!” I squeaked happily, I remembered it.
# Right ... and second: I'M NOT FRIENDLY! #
“... You look friendly to me ...”
# Then you looked wrong! I'm the most unlikely person of the whole world who can be friendly! #
“You really look nice to me ...”
“THEN YOU LOOKED WRONG, BAKAYAROU!” He yelled at me, instead of using telepathy.
At this point I did the most unlikely thing I've ever done: I snorted.
# You're strange, you're taking over my habits ... but to answer your question again, I don't know the `Casper-guy'. Any person more you think I know him or her ... or it? #
“Emmm ... Cinderella?”
# Nope # He snorted.
“Peter pan?”
# Iie, again ... one more try # He snorted again.
“Emmmm ... SIMBA! He's my favourite character in `The lion king'.
# Gomen little nitwit ... Iie again # He snorted another time.
“To bad ... but to ask something completely different ... How did you get stuck inside the ring in the first place?”
# I REALLY want to know you come down with such questions! Do you really want to know? # He sorted again. He must love to do that!
“Hai!”
# Okay then. I've been trapped cuz I wanted more of the millenium-items. And the Pharaoh punished me cuz I wanted to rob him and when his servants massacred my village I wanted to kill him. He didn't like that fact, so when I lost a duel with him he killed me and my soul was trapped inside the ring, and the next thing I can remember was that you freed me after way to many years being trapped ... and hai, I like to snort #
“This isn't exactly the answer I was thinking of ... but aren't you cold?”
# Really an addition on the other question! Just like the `Casper-question' ... these clothes I didn't pick out. When you freed me outta the ring, I just wore these clothes # guess what ... he snorted again.
“So I freed you? But how?”
# Probably cuz you were the chosen one to be the next owner of the ring #
“And you were then the first owner?”
# Iie ... OF COURSE I AM! Why else would I make a whole issue about wanting to have MY ring back? #
“Gomen, Bakura.”
# But since you freed me, and since I now have a name ... I think you're not that bad! HECK, perhaps we can become aibou's! #
“... Aibou's?”
# Then I'll teach you how to rob a grave! And how to play a real duel with those cards of you # Bakura pointed at my cards, but I didn't seem to notice...
“... Partners ...” I think I started to sob again.
# You started WHAT? Why do you go crying? It's not like I just threat you? #
“... It's just that ... nobody ever ... liked me ...” I sobbed once more. We must look stupid together. He always snorts, and I sob with the slightest emotion.
# Why that? You're not THAT bad! #
“... It's just that I never had friends ...” sob, sob, sob. I can't stop sobbing ... damn.
# Then I'll be your first one! GREAT! Now no kid can manipulate you, only me! HA, you'll be a great tomb-robber! #
I suddenly ran to Bakura, stooped down, and hugged him really, really, close. He made a face, and his cheeks coloured 5 shades -scrap that, it was more like 500 shades- red, and then mentally stuttered: # Emmm ... Ryou? I didn't really need a hug # But I was deaf for his mental stutters. At the moment I couldn't care for the slightest thing!
“Arigatou! I'd love to be friends with you! I you only knew how happy I am at the moment.” I sobbed, while hugging him even closer ...
# ... I know how happy you are ... Forgot I can hear everything you think ... I forgot to say I can also feel everything you feel # He snorted, and tried pulling me off him, which worked-after a full minute-.
# Fine Ryou. We'll be aibou's from now one ... But I need a proof, so I can trust you! It's not that Bakura, the number #1 tomb-robber of Egypt, can trust everyone who wants to be his friend #
“Ooh, okay ... I know! Go talk to my mommy! She knows me best, and she'll tell you that I'm completely trustable! And then I can also introduce you to her as my very first friend in my whole life!” WOW, that sounded sweet! ... my first friend!... I thought happily.
# Don't imagine too much of your new friendship. I'm not a friendly as I do now #
“Doesn't matter. You're the first kid who doesn't think I'm stupid, or too clever, or too small, or too-
# I get the point ... Can we go to your mother now? I hope it's a nice house, cuz I don't want to live outside on a street somewhere in an alley! #
“... Don't worry. Daddy has plenty of money, and we can even afford a second house -at least, mommy told me that one time-. And our house is really pretty!” I squeaked over-happily.
# Then show me #
Bakura stood up and walked to my desk.
# And these cards are also going with us #
... I never realized the real meaning of `us' ... heck, I even never knew saying `us' would make me this happy!
# And if you won't shut up, you won't go with me! # He snorted for the umpteen time this day.
... Okay!
# I mean it ... emmm, Ryou? #
“Hai?”
# Where's the exit? #
I fell over, laughing my head off ... Having a friend could be funny! Only the stare I received afterwards wasn't `fun', but I think I can live with that!