Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Teenage Saga: The new and ‘better’ me ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

17 Teenage Saga: The new and `better' me.
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura, or any other characters.
A/N: I must warn you for the following thing: Winchester is a real school in England. I use the name of the school in this chap, but in my fic the school will be different than in real. You see, I just HAD to add a few things here and there to make my fic right. These things are per example that in my fic Winchester is surrounded by thick walls, so nobody can escape if they don't want to go to Winchester anymore. This is done pure because else my story-line wouldn't be `cool' anymore. Please deal with it.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
~oOo~ End flashback ~oOo~
 
“WHAAAAAATT??!!!!! You beat your teacher! You were the reason Seto and Jou are always bickering! You flew to England without Bakura! OMG!!!! RYOU!!!” Yugi screamed, while hugging me tightly. Oh the joy of déjà-vu's. I've been through the all `omg, Ryou!' and the hug already once. I guess I attract déjà-vu's. Emmm, but that's something to tell later.
 
“Yugi, y-you can let me go now.” I piped, while squirming a bit trying to free myself from Yugi's grasp. Bad luck that I'm not strong.
 
“Oh, oopsy daisy! Sorry, Ryou.” Yugi blushed a bit, while letting me go, and sitting next to me again. Gosh, he's so sweet! Well, not as sweet as my Baku-chan, but really sweet anyway! Nobody beats my Bakura in looks and sweetness, that's for sure.
 
“Doesn't matter, Yugi. But emmm, you wanna stay here with Bakura and me, or go back to Yami? I-I don't mind if you leave now ... and it's not so interesting anymore after this point.”
 
“Nopes! You still have some explaining to do, seeing what we saw on the telly a few weeks ago! I mean, how often do you see a classmate is wanted in more than 15 countr-
 
“Yes, Yugi. I get the point. Okay, I'll continue.” You know that's blackmail! They know who I am, and now they're blackmailing me with the information they gathered. Well, Malik gathered info, and the rest only stared with open mouths at me every time Malik came to me with new info, like that the cops thought I was still trying to kill Seto. Riiiiiight. Guess they're a BIT wrong in gathering info.
 
“Oh thankies Ryou! I'll be very quiet when you tell again, and I'll get you coffee if you wanna have coffee! I'll be a good boy, okies?!” Yugi grinned childish at me, and it made me wonder if the li'll guy could even drool at commando! Emmm, anyway. The continuation.
 
“Well Yugi. I do have to say that the story goes further a few years later than me being 6. I sort of forgot what happened in all those, years, and it's boring explaining how I got the way I am now ... I'll just continue from the day my life became interesting again ... that was certainly a day to remember.”
 
“It is?” I suddenly heard ANOTHER unknown voice coming from behind me, and before I could possible groan, turn around and glare, or roll my eyes, I felt someone hugging my back, cuddling with me for a moment. Gods, somewhere I already think I know who this might be.
 
“Malik ... can you please get off me?” I finally said, as I felt him nod into my back. Then he let me go, and I had my chance to turn around. Oh surprise, surprise. Not only Malik came, but he took Marik with him.
 
“Hello Malik, Marik,” Both nodded into my direction, though I might say Malik was obviously happier to see my than Marik, “Lemme guess, the both of you ran into Yami, and now you want to hear the rest?” I continued talking. I KNOW they wouldn't visit Bakura just for `fun'. Malik hates Bakura! There must be something behind this all!
 
“Ry! How can you say that! We're your friends, and we wanted to support you! Aaaaaand a friend of you, is a friend of us! Bakura is one of us, don't you dare forgetting that!” Malik put his hands on his hips, as he stated his speech. I think I went a bit quieter when Malik finished.
 
“Well?” Malik looked at me, already knowing I would give in sooner or later so they could stay here. After all, they DID say they were here for Bakura, not for me.
 
“Sit down.” I motioned them to sit next to Yugi, who got strangely a lot quieter since the minute Malik and Marik arrived.
 
When I answered them, Malik almost cheered happily, before remembered this was my time with Bakura and not time with him alone, so he merely nodded happily at me, before sitting down next to Yugi. Marik seemed to doubt for a second, but when Malik sat down, he decided he could better do what Malik did, so he sat down next to Malik, Yugi on Malik's other side. When all of them were sitting, I saw Malik still smiling brightly at me.
 
“Are you sure you didn't bump into Yami? That would explain a lot, you know. Well ... I was telling my life-story to Bakura. For remembering all the good times we had. More for myself ... but anyway. I will continue on a certain day in the winter at Winchester. I won't tell anything twice, so deal with it.” I groaned at the thought I would have to tell my life-story further with Malik next to me. Yugi was nice, and Marik too, but Malik ... well, he could be nice ... but he was Malik. Malik and nice don't mix in my world. Not after the things he put me through. But that's something I tend to save a little bit longer.
 
“We bumped into Mokuba.” I heard Marik suddenly spoke up, before Malik slapped him on his head.
 
“Marik!!! You were supposed to keep your mouth shut!!” Malik hissed at his Yami, before mouthing a quick sorry to me. See, I told you all! I KNEW they wouldn't visit Bakura just for Bakura himself.
 
“Okay then. Winter, now almost 3 years ago. It was in the early morning, and I was sleeping peacefully, until a certain loudmouthed baka screamed ...
 
~oOo~ Enter flashback ~oOo~
 
“Hey fucking nitwit!! Where are you?!” I heard someone yell at me. Since I was still lying in my bed, fully covered with a huge blanket, they wouldn't find me. After all, they're not THAT smart to look in my bed, even if it's only in the early morning, and there would be a 90% chance I would be still laying in my bed. But anyway, they're not the smartest boys I've ever met. Not that I ever MET smart boys. I don't count myself, so I'll keep the number at 0.
 
“BAKA! Why are you in your baka bed? It's already 7:30.” I suddenly heard a voice yell very close to me. I groaned in disresponse, and turned around, so I wouldn't have to face them, at least, that was IF they wanted to face me of course. Though I wasn't a monster, I was neither a prince. And definitely not a morning-peep.

But before they would steal my blanket, so I had to wake up fully, I guess I should introduce myself to you all, else you don't know who I am, and that would make things difficult -At least, I think it would-:

I'm Bakura Ryou, but please call me Ryou. I'm 15 years old, B-day is 2
nd of September, I have an IQ of 135 -which means I'm a genius, though I prefer the term `high-raised being'- but then again, I also have some things which aren't quite normal. Like I look like an albino, but because of the pigment in my genes, I'm not. Confused? Don't be, I think more complicated than this.
 
Further: I don't have friends. Not that I need friends. It's okay to have them, but you won't miss much without them. Take me for example: I had a friend when I was a child. He was a cool bud, but when we broke up, nothing really changed.
 
Friends are just like fruit, they don't last forever.
 
Again, Further: My current home is Winchester, -not my birthplace, nah, that was in Japan, Domino city to be exactly- a pretty neat school in England. Why England? Dunno. Go ask my dad in Egypt. Digging for stuff from ancient times. I know, it's a boring job, but then again, now he has enough money to keep me at this gorgeous school ... by the way, the last comment was cynical meant.
 
Next point, family and stuff: Like I said, my dad's digging in Egypt. Dunno why it's Egypt, after all, Egypt is boring ... and old ... and look-a-like desert ... wait, Egypt is a desert ... anyway, Egypt is boring. Next member: Mother. Not much to tell about. She's dead, buried at the Domino's cemetery. Next to my sister. That's number 3 in my family. Woohoo, I'm quite a speedy today! Not to mention it's in the early morning.
 
Now, I don't have much contact with my family. No shit Sherlock, 2 of them are dead. And the third is in Egypt, and has forgotten he still has a son. Not that I care, like I said before, like friends, you also don't need family. I'm happy with myself. And one visit per year -2nd of September, my B-day. Since nobody celebrates Christmas in Egypt, no second visit in England for me each year in December- is enough for me.

Okay, looks like I'm done telling you the fact. If you have further questions, mail me. Or just don't. I don't care anyway ... hmmm, now I have to quite talking to myself like I'm a psycho, and hope they haven't found me yet.
 
“Ryou! There you are!! BUDS, our pretty girly-boy is in his bed, hiding for the rest of this splendid world!!!” I felt a tug, which caused me to sit straight up ... note for me: don't sit up immediately after you woke up, it makes you feel dizzy.
 
I yawned a bit, and stretched my arms. Next to me Keith snickered, probably because I was looking sleepy. He likes sleepy peeps. I'm always sleepy. Too bad he doesn't like a sleepy me ... strange how fate goes. Keith is cool, but has a huge dislike for peeps that aren't normal. Peeps like me.
 
A little information: Keith's my roommate. His full name is Bandit Keith, but I can call him `Keith'. His name is typically American, but that's merely because he transferred to this school some years ago. We both went to school for the first time at the first day, that's why we share rooms. Now, you would probably think we must be good friends since we have known each other for the moment we went to Winchester, but I think evidence proofs different.
 
Keith sleeps exactly 5 feet away from my bed. Don't ask how I know. It just takes 3 minutes, 21 seconds, and a ruler. Don't forget a little bit patiently. But that's not my point: Keith is 16 years old, looks like a scholar, IS a scholar. He has his moments, but they've disappeared a few years ago. Further information isn't necessary for the moment.
 
“Come-on buds. Looks like Ryou needs to get freshen up!!! He looks kinda sleepy to me.” It took me 3 seconds to figure out what they meant by that. Too bad it took them only 2.5 second to grab me and pull me out of my bed. Damn.
 
Next thing I knew they pushed me into the bathroom. Damn, I guess it'll be a shower again today. I felt Keith push me toward the shower. Well, better not try to run, else it'll be also a shower tonight. Not that I hate to shower, I just hate un-private showers.
 
When I reached the shower, 2 friends pushed me a little bit further, which caused me to fall in the ground in the shower. Did I mention I was still wearing my pj's? No? Well, then now I've mentioned. Suddenly I felt an icky subsistence being dropped on my head. Great. Shampoo. Exactly the only shampoo in this rotten world I hate. Then they closed the curtain, and turned on the cold water.
 
“And don't forget to wash out your brains for once. Perhaps it'll make you act normal for once!” I heard Keith say before he closed the door of my bathroom. I sighed, and stripped off my Pj's. I tried to turn on the warm water, but as earlier days, he tapped off all the hot water. Guess I'll have to do it with just cold water.
 
Great, now I'm officially awake.
 
o0~0o
 
Cut my last comment. I yawned some more, before opening the door to my classroom. Of course I was late. Early and me didn't belong in the same sentence. At the other side, neither did late and me. But a cold shower, a broken hair-dryer and a late me today did. Just like yesterday. And the day therefore. Woohoo, luckily I won't have to deal with a dirty body for now. By the way, I was being cynical again.
 
“Late again, Mister Bakura?” I heard my teacher say as I closed the door behind me. The whole class looked up again. They snickered. Of course. I was late for the 5th time this week. Don't mention we have only 5 days school per week, and 2 days off.
 
“Sit down, Bakura. Don't forget I have to report this to the headmaster.” Snickers again. I feel so stupid right now. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks again. Perfect. Just perfect.
 
I walked to my place, which was located on the other side of the wall with a window in it. I love windows. I hate paying attention. Teachers hate boys who don't pay attention. Get point? I think you do. Anyway, I sat down, still not having said a single word today. A little second later I felt my stomach grumble. Being late makes you hungry, especially when you didn't have enough time to eat something.
 
“Well, before out little interruption -a cold stare was send to my direction. I, on the other hand, didn't show the slightest emotion- I was talking about yesterday's assignments. Emmm, Amelda, can you please pick everyone's assignments up?” A boy at my age stood up, slowly beginning to pick up everyone's assignments. When he was at my table, he snickered some more, but after a look at my paper, and his face turned blank. Hahah, that'll teach him.
 
You see, not like this is useful information -it's fun anyway-, we had to write a little poem about your happiest memory for English class. Well, I decided to write a `little' bit more. To be exactly 14 pages, 22.611 words. Guess I was a little bit bored this weekend. Though it sucked, I had my fun. It was about my friendship with Katsuya a.k.a. Jou. He was a cool childhood-friend, but not my best friend back then. That was another boy, whom I forget the name of. He was really cool. To bad I had to move to England. Well, anyway. It was a good poem anyway. I've always been a romantic-like peep. I see romance in everything. Hahah, you didn't know, did you? Probably not. I like to keep things for myself. Things like this.
 
“Everyone pay attention. I'll start with a new theme this day. You all probably heard of this, but I'll explain it anyway.” She paused. She must have thought everyone was paying attention to his states. Well, guess again. Most of the peeps around here were very busy trying not to fall a sleep. After all, it was only 8.42 o'clock. The rest was already zooming out. Guess Friday isn't a day you can pay attention to school-things. Then again, No day actually was.
 
“You've already had the themes of your `history, `future', and `memories'. Today we'll start the one of the last themes this year -after she mentioned `one of the last', a few peeps suddenly sat up some straighter, and looked curious in my teacher's direction- and it'll be `your favorite hobby'. Don't tell me you haven't got hobbies at all, because then you will have to have a word with me. Now, you'll have to make a report about it. Make sure you'll name every source you'll use. Hand in for next week. Work alone. Minimum pages, 5. -2 growls and 10 snorts followed the line- The rest of this hour you can work at this report.”
 
I saw everyone standing up, ready to blast of to outside. Of course I'd be the only one who was gonna work at the report today. And guess what. I knew a great hobby. English peeps don't know this game yet, but in Japan it's famous. They even duel with each other in big tournaments. It's called `Duel Monsters', ever heard of it?
 
I stopped up also, but as soon as I walked out of the classroom, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Emmm, I guess it's Keith. I turned around, slowly. I was right after all.
 
“I won't turn around it this time. I want you to make me a report about soccer. Give it to me next week. And make something good. Have we got a deal, or have we got a deal?” He grinned evilly at me. I felt the hand on my shoulder tense a bit harder.
 
“Emmm ... how many pages?” I asked, nearly inaudible for them. After my question Keith eased the grip on my shoulder. He smiled at me, and said; “6 pages. Don't make it too long, else she'll be suspicious.” He let go of my, mentioned his friends to come with him, and disappeared after a goof few seconds around a corner.
 
Heh, Guess I won't have much time to relax this weekend. Soccer, how on earth can you like that? It's nothing more than running after a ball, and kicking it if you're close to it. Geez, from all hobbies he has to take soccer ... great. Well, I guess it'll be the Internet for me today.
 
By the way, don't say I'm a softy. I'm an easy boy, that's all. Why make things more difficult than they are already. It was this, or a kick and this. I wouldn't have got away with it.
 
I sighed another time, before heading to the library. To the computers. To the Internet. To some sites about soccer. Hmmm, I guess I'll be busy for a while.
 
I began to walk, making sure nobody could ask me for making another report. Though I like making them, 3 in one week in way too much. I hummed very silently as I passed the post office, but remained silent as I heard someone calling my name.
 
“RYOU! Aren't you going to check your post, Dumb-ass?” I heard the usual question. By the way, Friday was the only day in the week post came from other countries than England. For those 9 years I've studied here, I received a couple of letters, but that was long ago. My dad only sends my E-mails, for asking how life goes. Well dear dad, two words: it sucks. For the rest I don't know a single peep in this world that wants to write me. But I'll try my post-box anyway. For my loyal bullies. May they have a good laugh after this. See, I'm nice, even if it slowly kills me.
 
I sighed, smiled kindly at the peeps that I prefer to call bullies, and made my move toward my post-box. Here goes nothing. It's been a few day after Christmas ... actually, it was Christmas 3 weeks ago. Please let dad forgot Christmas then, but makes up by posting me something today. Who am I trying to fool? Myself. Yes, but I won't fall for it.
 
I opened my box, and immediately closed it again. Just a habit. Behind me I heard snickered coming. Prepare for the worst, Ryou Bakura ... After 5 seconds I registered I forgot something. The fact was I opened the box, but didn't take my time to believe it was full ... wow, there is a god!
 
I opened my box again, and smiled over-happily when my hands took a parcel out of the box. Hahah, victory was mine. I turned around, my hands protectively holding my parcel. Wow, it's been around 5 years since my last parcel. I smiled again, this time at the bully-squad. They really looked dumb-founded.
 
“Arigatou for mentioning it. Well, Sumimasen, I'm going to my room now. Ja ne.” I said, already knowing they wouldn't understand all Japanese words. Not that I wanted them to understand it.
 
I walked out of the office, and started to hum a bit again. I did this until I saw some students walking by. Guess I'm still a bit shy around peeps.
 
o0~0o
 
“Okay then. I'm ready.” I talked to myself, as the parcel was lying on my lap. I was hiding in my bathroom, this time the door was clocked, so hopefully Keith wouldn't take my parcel away. I turned around the parcel once more. Strange, though it was my address, I didn't know who wrote it. Perhaps my dad wrote it, but too much time past since his last letter, so I don't know how his writing looks like.
 
I slowly opened the parcel ... woohoo, presents! And a letter too. Wow, or dad must have forgotten my B-day was 3 months ago, or someone else felt like giving me some presents. I hope both of them. I grabbed the letter first. Of course! Now I hope to figure out who gave this to me.
 
~~~~~~Letter to Ryou~~~~~~
 
Dear Ryou,
 
Long time no letter being send, isn't it son?!
 
*okay, it was my dad's letter ... I still wonder why he wrote this all!!!*
 
I'm doing fine in Egypt, and I hope you are just as happy as I am. Well, to cut to the case why I wrote you, instead of mailed you, I wanted to give you something back, because a friend of you wrote me you really missed those things. It's good to hear you have still friends in Japan. Anyway, I hope you'll be happy with your stuff back.
 
Good luck at school, and may I see you as soon as possible.
 
Love, your father.
 
~~~~~~End letter to Ryou~~~~~~
 
I went totally excited when he mentioned someone back in Japan wrote me a letter ... I wonder who it is. Perhaps Jou? ... nah, he won't know me anymore. Plus he hasn't written in years. Perhaps Seto? ... dunno ... well, no time to waste, I don't want Keith to find me in here.
 
I closed the letter, put it next to me, and grabbed the smallest present. When I opened it, I squeaked of surprise. MY DECK!!!!! Woohoo, I finally got my deck back. And exactly on time. Now I can scan my cards for my report. Hmmm, guess it'll be another A+ for me.
 
The second gift was a lot bigger. And some rounder. Perhaps a tape? Or just some stuff I can't remember of anymore. Well, there's only one way to find out. I grabbed the other present, and slowly opened it ... hey, I know this thing ... I wonder why dad ever send it to me.
 
It was a beautiful gold shaped ring, with the eye of Horus in it. Probably an old dream-catcher of mine. Well, It's fun to see it back anymore, though I can't remember where I got it. It'll make a fine decoration for my wall. Strange someone back in Japan thought I missed this thing. But it's fun to have a gorgeous thing like this anyway.
 
Anyway, I guess I'll just return to the library again to search for more sites about soccer. I still can't understand why it had to be soccer! Come-on, soccer is dumb. And stupid. And for low-raised being. Not for me.
 
I threw away all the papers, and made sure every card was safe placed in my desk. Now hope Keith wouldn't find them. At first I wanted to place my ring next to my cards, but I changed my mind. Perhaps the wall was a better idea. After all, it LOOKED like a dream-catcher. But then again, Keith dislikes everything I wanted to hang on the wall. Then I'll just put it back next to my cards.
 
Nah, Keith might take it away. Guess I'll wear it until I found a better place to hide. Luckily I could hang it around my neck. I checked the lock of the room twice, before opening the buttons of my shirt. The last thing I wanted was Keith coming in while I was half-naked.
 
I hang it around my neck, immediately felt the cold metal against my warm chest. I closed my uniform quick, grabbed some information I already found about soccer, opened the door, and quickly returned to the library, hopefully to find more information about soccer before it would close.
 
Guess what, I feel now officially completed. Nothing is better than making reports for bullies, while wearing a heavy piece of metal. No shit. This thing weight more by the second. Next time I'll just place it in my desk. I won't care if Keith steals it. Well, perhaps a little bit. I growled as I suddenly felt the ring gain more weight. This thing was killing me. I already hate it. Thank dad, for sending me this dumb thing. Perhaps I really won't care if Keith steals it. Suck the peep in Japan who thought I missed this stupid piece of metal.
 
By the way, the complete thing was cynically meant. Again.
 
o0~0o
 
“And NO noise! Did I make myself clear?” I nodded hastily. The grip around my neck tightened. Keith's face darkened. My face became a light blue.
 
“...”
 
“The name is `SIR', not `...'. Now one more time. Did I make myself clear?!” I felt myself breathe more difficult by the second. Of course he wasn't killing me. Just goofing around. Nothing more. He likes goofing around. Keith was always goofing around. Especially with me. I only received bruises from him. Nothing more. Well, except the time he broke my rib. Trust me, it hurts.
 
“Y-yes ... sir.” Immediately I felt the hand release my throat. But too bad his foot likes my stomach. Ouch. Note to myself: Feet and stomachs don't mix.
 
I coughed a bit, noticing I was coughing up some blood. Damn. I hate blood. Keith likes blood. Especially my blood. I think he's satisfied now. Hey lookie-lookie, I was right. I saw his satisfied smile, before he turned around. Splendid.
 
“Mark my words, sissy. NO word, else you'll be sorry.” He disappeared in the bathroom. I sighed of relief, and sat down on my bed. Perfect. Just perfect. I already wrote 2 pages for his report, and the only reward I got was a punch in my stomach, because `you work too slowly!'.
 
But then again, I wasn't used to something else. Hey, don't sorry my lifestyle. It's the only style I've been taught in all those years here at Winchester. Not that I care. Being a useless minor has positive sites ... not that I know ANY positive sites. But that doesn't mind much.
 
I sighed another time, before standing up and heading to the door. I love nightly walks, though I hate dark. Strange? Nah, we have things called lamps. I love those things. They're more convenient than the peeps around here.
 
I slowly opened the door, making no noise. After all, Keith said `no noise'. When I didn't hear any response, I pushed the door completely open, and slipped outside. Great. Here I am, Ryou Bakura, just ran away from his roommate. Woohoo, give me an applause ... not really, okay!
 
I began to walk in the direction of the gardens. Winchester has some gorgeous gardens. And they have lamps in the gardens too. And I love lamps. Get my point? I think you do.
 
When I finally entered the gardens -I walk slowly. I AM slow. I love doing thing as slowly as possible- I immediately noticed nobody else was here. Perfect.
 
By the way, this is the first `prefect' today I didn't mean cynical.
 
I walked some further, to my favorite place. Yes, a place with lots of lamps. I sat down on the bench right under a Sakura-tree. Sakura means cherry. I love cherries. Cherries are sweet. I am sweet. See the resemblance? Well, I see them.
 
I opened my jacket, and took my dairy out. Stupid thing, but the only one who listened to my problems. Not that I have problems. Bullies aren't problems. Bullies are a pain in my ass, not a problem. Having no friends isn't a problem either. That's just a little a-communication between peeps. Not a problem.
 
I opened it, and leafed through it. Though I don't have problems, I do have things to write about. Not that's interesting. My dairy and interesting don't belong in the same sentence.
 
I magically got a pencil out of my pocket, and began to write. Nothing specially though. Just routine. I do this almost every day. That is, if Keith doesn't lock me in. He does that pretty often. And I can't write in my room. Dunno why. Just a stupid habit of mine.
 
--Dear Dairy--
 
I didn't name my dairy after someone, because that's dumb. Why name a book after a peep, while the book isn't really real? Since I don't see why I should name it after someone, I just call it `dairy'.
 
But before I could write possibly something more than the usual greet, I felt a cold breeze surround me ... strange, the weather forecast said no wind in this side of the country.
 
But more time to argue about wrong weather forecasts wasn't there. Not only I suddenly got the feeling someone was looking at me, but also I felt shivering more by the second. I turned around, but no one was there ... strange. Very strange.
 
I sighed, turned around, hoping I could continue my dairy again. Wrong thought.
 
I told you the entire ring was killing me, because it was way too heavy, didn't I? Anyway, at this very moment the heavy feeling disappeared, and before I could register it, I saw a flash of light, and a boy around my age appeared in front of me. He appeared in front of a lamp, so I couldn't see his features clear ...
 
No way, peeps can't appear from nothing into something! That's technically impossible. Because the speed of human atoms aren't fast enough for-
 
“RYOU-CHAN!!!!!!” I heard the boy say, no wait, make that SCREAM ... wait, how did he knew my name?? ... and why was he speaking Japanese? I was the only boy from Japan at Winchester. The last Japanese boy left 5 years ago! And he always thought I was too low-raised for an eventual talk between us. And he loved to call me `baka'. We never talked much with each other.
 
“Ryou-chan. Long time no see! C'mmon buddy of mine! Speak up a li'll bit!!” I couldn't register clear what the boy was saying to me ... Because when he stepped out of the light, I immediately saw the resemblance ... wow! He looked just the same as me! Well, perhaps a few inches taller than me, and some more tanned skin ... and some more standing-up hair ... but WOW! He looks just the same as me in further things. O wait. Now I look better, he has some other type of eyes than me. A little bit darker. Some darker looking eyes. Strange. And I guess he's a few years older than me. He looks more mature than me, that's why.
 
“Why so shocked, Ryou? Surprised I finally got to England?! Don't be, it took me ages to gain enough energy again to get out of the damn Ring your dad hid in his bedroom, and it took me even longer to convince your lame father you would be happier with your deck and ring. And lookie-lookie, I'm BACK!!!!! ... Ryou, aren't you happy almighty me is back? ... Come-on my bestest best long-time-no-see friend, be happy you have me back!” He bent down, on his knees ... what was he doing? I really couldn't remember this boy!!! But it sure looked like he knew me. I mean, it wasn't everyday someone here WANTED to make a talk with me.
 
“You're shocked, right? Don't be. Everything is gonna be okay. I promise! And you know how I think about promises.” He put his left hand on my shoulder. I, on the other hand, still couldn't believe it. But then again, this guy WAS being nice toward me. Like me, he thinks promises are very important.
 
“I won't read your mind today. Private thought are better at a moment like this. So now ya hafta tell me what's on your mind ... that is, until I decide you've finished your private-time.” The mirror-me kept on rambling, not responding at the fact I was quite trembling at the moment. Of course. WHO WOULDN'T BE? It's not like I saw a mirror-me every day!!!
 
“Emmm ...” Okay, Ryou Bakura. Great beginning. I'm really a talker, aren't I, “ ...W-Who -at this point he looked up, obviously looking happy because I was finally talking to the strange mirror-me- .. who are you?” I finally said it. Woohoo! I found back my voice. Now I don't have to make leaflets with `Wanted. Ryou's voice. Bring back to me. Reward: a happy talking me'. Wait a second. Now I think of it, nobody likes a talking me. It's better I found it back before the leaflet-plan.
 
Anyway, after my question, I got a confused look, and he immediately pulled his hand back. Now what? I only asked the mirror-me's name! Not a difficult question, right? At least, asking a not-known peep's name is quite obvious, isn't it?
 
“.. my name? ... Ryou, aren't you feeling well ... Okay that's it. Gomen for ya, but I'm digging in. Lets see how you think.” I wonder what he means by that. Perhaps he's going to search my personal file, for some background-information. Not that something like that can happens without getting caught. I tried that once, that's why I know. Keith asked me to get his file. For erasing bad stuff. And yes, I got caught. Two weeks detention and 500 rules `I may not steal personal files'. I learned my lesson after that.
 
“Don't try to steal my personal file. You won't get it without being caught.” Sweet me. Warning mirror-me for this. Yep, that's totally me. I'm always nice to other peeps. Too bad they aren't nice to me all the time. But everyone here has his or her moments. They just don't show me their moments. But that's not my point. I mean, I don't mind.
 
“Mirror-me? What is this fucking shit all about?! Baka, what happened to your innocent and sweet thinking? Hmmm, glad I took a peek inside your over-weird brains.” Emmm. Does somebody know what mirror-me is talking about? And why was he cussing so badly? And more important: Why did he know I was calling him `mirror-me' all along? Hmmm, I always believed wizards and peeps like that didn't exist. But seeing this look-a-like me, I don't think they never existed!
 
“Ryou. You're acting stranger at the minute. You should know I'm no wizard. I'M A SPIRIT!! I told you once, and after it, you never forgot. That was, until now. Come-on Ryou. I think you don't remember me ... let me help refresh your memory.” Before I could even think of what he told me, I felt the heavy feeling inside me again, and before I knew I felt like floating through the garden. No way, I'm not aerodynamic enough for flying! The weird part of this all: I was still sitting on the ground.
 
# Can you remember now? I can take over your body #
 
Oh, I think I just got crazy.
 
Yups, no doubt about that. Hmmm., not only mirror-me disappeared a few seconds ago, just like he appeared a few moments ago, but also his voice was inside my head. Suddenly the strange floating feeling disappeared. Too bad mirror-me was still gone. I mean, he's the only one who ever wanted to talk to me here at Winchester.
 
“NO WAY!!” I almost screamed. Hmmm, note to myself: Go sleep early today. This is all a weird dream. Yeah, a stupid dream. I'm going to my bed. Then sleep a bit. If I wake up, there will be Keith, giving me a shower. There will be no post. No mirror-me. No voice inside my head. Not something strange. Just normal life. Boring life. MY life.
 
Yes, I'll do that.
 
I stepped up, but immediately dove down again. Guess what. Mirror-me was back. And I'm not even considering thinking about atoms and their speeds. Nope. This is a dream. Dreams contain everything. In my last one I flew to the sun on a pink pony, then Keith appeared and kicked me because he wanted the pony. Get my point?
 
“Ryou, you've changed.” I heard him say again. How a can a peep knows I've changed, if we never met?
 
“You really can't remember me, can you?” At this point I strangely could feel he was feeling sad. Told you. A wicked dream.
 
“I thought you still remembered me. After all, I've tried to come over as fast as I could, but it took me ages to learn how to write a stupid E-mail! Damn computer of you. Hate that thing. But that's not my point. Can't you really remember me? Me, your bestest best friend, until your dad send you to this fucking place, way too far away from our home!” He was looking quite angry at this moment.
 
“S-sorry ... but please tell me who you are ... perhaps the name will ring a bell.” I stuttered. Geez, I feel sorry for the boy, who-ever he was. I mean, he was obviously happy to see me. I hate to say it, but I cannot think of a more reasonable explanation than a dream.
 
“It's not a dream. Ryou, I'm Bakura. Remember, you made up that name for me.” He kneeled down again, this time way closer to me. Wow, what was he planning to do? Hug me? Nah, boys don't do such things. Only girls do that. Or couples. Since I'm neither of them, and he's also neither of them, a hug isn't a normal option.
 
“You always liked hugs when you were still a child! You even hugged me when I let you be my best friend!” Hey, my best friend? Ring, ring. A bell starts to ring. I DO remember a kid from the old days. I mean, the only thing I remember of this all was that we were best friends. That was my only best friend. Perhaps this boy could be him.
 
“HAI! Of course I'm you only best friend! Besides me you only liked Jou and moneybags a bit. But I was the best. Your friend. Your best friend. You know, it's pretty stupid you forgot almighty me. After all, I was the only one in Domino-city who wanted to play with you.” At this point he snorted ... snorted? Who snorts? Hmmm, strange. The bell rings again. HA! He IS that old friend of mine. After all, he is the only peep I know who loves to snort after every thing he says.
 
“YES!!! Snorts are cool. And totally me. Oh Ryou, I missed you. Don't think I go soft on you. I still dislike the fact you forgot almost everything of almighty me! But I'm happy you remember me again.” At this point my dream took a strange turn. The boy, or should I name him `Bakura', like my surname, came a little bit closer to me, and hugged me. Wow, I never knew boys hugged each other. But then again, this is a dream.
 
So, there's nothing else to do them ... yes, that's right. Hug him back. After all, I'm sweet. Here goes nothing!
 
I slowly hugged him back, but much time to hug wasn't here. He suddenly let me go, and stood up again. Then he motioned me to stand up also.
 
“Now, bestest best friend. Let me refresh your mind. I won't be mad you can't remember me totally. Then I can tell again about my tomb-robbing years!” He looked at me, waiting for a surprised look. And yes, he got one. A surprised look. Actually more confused. Surprised AND confused. I'm multifunctional, “Well, first, this is NO dream. Got that?!” He grabbed my hand and wanted to walk away.
 
“Emmm ... my notebook.” I stated very softly. I wonder if he could hear it. But in the end, he did. Nope, I won't mind. He let me go, so I could grab it. I put it in my bag, and the pencil in my jacket. Ready. Now hope this dream won't end soon.
 
“On the contrary. This is no dream, Ryou-chan. I'm real, though I'm very invisible from the rest of the world. But I'll explain that later on. As for now, let me see your room. In the letter you wrote me ages ago stood you had a great room, and a nice roommate.” He was looking quite happy at the moment. Strange. Why would somebody look happy while I was around? I was number one boring-boy. Number 1 nitwit-guy. Number 101 cool-guy, of the 100 students, including me.
 
“You think to negative. If you want to stay my friend, think a lot brighter. More positive. More happy thoughts. And don't cheat on me in this aspect, cuz I can hear your thoughts. Now, tell me everything what happened here, while I was gone ... or just everything you know about the things what happened during your whole life.” The last comment was made after I gave him a very confused look. Can't blame me. This all IS getting very confusing!
 
“Emmm .... I'm Ryou Bakura, 15 years old ... and I live here.” I started. Hmmm, I think he already knows this, but I'm well mannered. As always.
 
“I'm Bakura, 18 years old, and I live where-ever you live.” Okay. Go away, you mean blush. I hate blushes. Makes me uncomfortable. Bakura, don't look at me! I hate when peeps look at me when I blush. Makes me go even redder. Oops, forgot to continue introducing myself.
 
“I lived in Japan, Domino-city for a while. My dad transferred me to Winchester when some accident happened at my school.”
 
“I lived in Egypt, until you freed me from the ring. I survived 9 years alone in your empty house, before I could convince your dad to send me to you again. And the accident was in my presence. You and Jou knocked the bad teacher out, while I watched you and cheered for you to win.”
 
I smiled a bit at his comment. I guess he already knew this stuff. Though I forgot the detail he was also there when I fought with my teacher.
 
“Doesn't mind. Just start all over. And don't look so shy. You used to be a great talker. I already miss your big mouth. When you were still a child, you used to be very sweet and stuff.” Great. Guess what. My blush is back.
 
“But nowadays, I like you too. Hmmm, you've got a strange to think. Guess we're gonna have lotsa fun!” He smiled at me, and grabbed my hand. Then he made a strange pass, and twirled a bit. This was how we walked back to the corridor again. Together. Hand in hand. Gods, this was fun. Too bad this would be just a dream. Anyway, hope this dream won't end. Forever. Bakura is nice. Perhaps we can become friends. He's the first one who doesn't make any comments about my different thinking.
 
And the best part? He didn't make any comment about my blush. It wasn't everyday I walked hand in hand with a friend through my school. Too bad.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
Thankies:
 
SilverWing147: Well, for the umpteenth time in this fanfic, thankies for reviewing me. You always make me so happy by reviewing every chap I put on the Internet. I hope you like this chap, since this was kinda different from last chap
Flidar: WOW! I liiiiiiiike you. You really made an account just for reviewing me! Gods, so sweet of you! ((Though I can also receive anonymous reviews, I think you're awesome!)) Anyway, I tried, I REALLY tried, but I couldn't convert your über-cool part into this chap. You see, this MAY sound strange, but I already had this chap in stock for about a month or 5. Actually, I have still a good 8 chaps in stock. Emmm, I WILL try to convert your little piece, though it'll be difficult, I'll try . I guess It'll be chap 23 or something like that if I can convert your piece. Anyway, I loved your review, and I hope you'll keep on reading my chaps. After all, from this chap Ryou has hormones insert wink ... oh btw, Ich kann Deutsch sprechen, aber ich bin nicht gut in Deutsch. Heh, heh. And ummm... thankies for the plushy #Gives Sexy Ryou plushy to you# you're awesome XD
loathed wolf spirit:P snorry last chap was so über-sad. I hope this chap will make up for last one. But hey, I HAD to make Ryou a little bit mean and sad, else the story line wouldn't be right anymore. Anyway, from this chap, Ryou and Baku will be together, so hopefully you'll like it better
Paniwi: Heeey you! Though you didn't exactly reviewed THIS chap, I'll still thanks you personally! Thank you, dank je, for you supergeweldige review. You're so awesome for liking my fic so much, even for wanting to add me in my msn-list. Well, I hope you'll like the rest of my fic better than the first few chaps. They we made by me when I was still young, little and… oh scrap that… it just won't happen again, I swear… though … you'll keep on seeing the name `underway to golden times' until the end of the story… it's something that belong in My Promise.