Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Girl ❯ A Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

.o__o …..Begin.

*********************

"Hey, alright! I found the glove!" Joey jumped up with joy.

"So Yugi. What are you going to do?" Ryou looked up at him from the floor.

"I don't…know." He was far too occupied to even think about Ryou's question.

"Well, I guess we have no choice but to ask your Grandpa, Yugi. Let's do that now."

Yugi jumped forward. "Ah!"

Ryou paused and gave his attention to Yugi. He stared at him.

"…I'm sorry Bakura. I-I think maybe I just better think on it." Yugi bowed his head.

He gave a smile. "Oh, it's alright. I understand how you must feel--"

"What do you mean `I better just think on it'!?" Joey stepped up beside Ryou.

"What's the matter Joey? All I was saying--"

"You know you can't just--…." Joey sighed. " Never mind. Let's just play our game." He wandered along the stairs with the baseball glove in his hand.

Ryou mumbled to himself. "Hmm. Don't worry about it, Yugi. You talk about it when you're ready, okay?"

Yugi looked up at Ryou to see him smiling yet again. He smiled back. "Right."

"Great!" He picked his glove up. "I call pitcher!" He gave a friendly chuckle.

Yugi began to follow but he turned about. He picked up the dusty teddy bear and thought to himself. "……when I'm ready."

---

"You should have seen it Gramps! I gave him the best I could and, WOOSH! Right above the building." Joey retold the entire ball game as Grandpa fixed them a snack, listening on.

"Is that so? MY Bakura?" Grandpa laughed.

Ryou began to blush. "I talked to the owner."

"Yeah. And then you `made friends' with her." He nudged Ryou and game him a grin.

"All she did was give me a flower, Joey." Ryou lowered his head and blushed.

"But I on the other hand scored a perfect ten ta eight ta five." Joey lifted his head triumphantly.

Ryou rubbed his arm. "I-I...."

"Heh heh. I'll say. Even Yuge did better than you."

"That's right. I haven't heard your side of the story, Yugi. You've been very quiet." Grandpa gave each of the boys a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk. "How did you do?"

"Umm…great! I did great…" He laughed quietly and gazed at their food. "I know I shouldn't worry so much. She could have just been a friend, o-or even a cousin."

"…..Yugi….," a new voice spoke to him.

"Uh!" He jumped up.

"Yugi! What's the matter, grandson?"

"Huh? N-nothing. I-I'm alright."

"Well, okay then. Should we clean?"

"Yeah, that sounds okay."

"If you… say so." Grandpa raised an eyebrow and turned to the dishes

"I'm fine. Really!" He gave his grandpa a smile. "Who's voice was that?"

The boys finished their lunch.

Joey stretched and sighed. "Well, I better be getting' home. Serenity's probably waitin'."

"Yes, I should probably be heading home too." Ryou stood and walked to the door with Joey.

"You two be careful." Grandpa continued to diligently wash a dish.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of Bakura."

"What?"

Joey smiled and grabbed Ryou's arm. "Good night!"

"See you, guys." Yugi closed the door behind them and turned around.

"So, Yugi. Would you like some dinner tonight?"

"Sorry, Grandpa. I think… I'll just take a shower and go to bed. Got school tomorrow anyway." He smiled to his Grandfather and walked to the stairs.

"Sure, Yugi. I'm positive you'd love to get some sleep after such an exciting game today." Grandpa moved to the storage room, to place a shipment of new cards they had gotten there. Yugi retreated up the stairs to take his shower.

---

Yugi stood and let the hot water comfort his tired body. He listened to the gentle sound of the water and let his mind drift into deep thought again.

"Hmmm. What was that voice? Maybe I was just…imagining things. Maybe I'm just tired." He brushed the thought away and continued to scrub himself with the soft sponge plush body cleaner.

He stepped carefully from the shower, and he dried his body slowly. Nearly falling asleep as he did. "Hmm…" He rubbed his cheek on the warm soft towel and continued to dry himself.

"Yugi."

"Hm?" He continued to dry himself.

"Is there something on your mind?"

"…Yami. When we were eating lunch…did you happen to say…my name? Or even maybe… notice a voice of some sort?"

"Why?"

"I was wondering." He wrapped his towel about his waist and brushed his teeth. Then, he continued to his room.

He flopped onto his bed and gazed up at the ceiling and sighed. "What is going on with me? Why do I keep thinking about that picture? Mmmm. Maybe I should try to sleep."

He pulled on his Pajamas and enveloped in the warmth of his covers. He yawned and slowly began to drift into sleep.

---(Yugi's Dreams)---