Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Nemo ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
Untitled/Nemo
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer: Not mine.

AN: Begun in 2004, picked up and poked at more thoroughly in 2006. This is a fanfic without a proper plot, because life does not have a proper plot.

* * *
- Part One -

He breathes in, slowly this time, trying not to choke as he'd done a second before. A small hand rubs his back soothingly, and he exhales just as slowly, then inhales again. It comes more easily this time, and after a few moments, he's certain that he's breathing.

He just doesn't know how.

He tries breathing in more deeply, and - scent? What? He thinks it's... salt. Salt slipping down his dusky (why are his hands that color?) skin - he's sweating?

He blinks slowly and concentrates, and swallows. He chokes a little again, and that soft hand slaps firmly against his flesh. It's not enough to move him, but he's shaken for reasons he doesn't know and can't understand.

He blinks again - at least that is a truly unconscious reflex, though it feels strange. He tries to swallow again - his mouth feels cottony and his throat feels tight - almost as tight as his chest.

"Are you okay?"

He doesn't know. He feels heavy and strange and muddle-headed. It's too cold but he doesn't know how he knows that. He tries to speak but his lips refuse to form words.

"Don't try to talk," Yugi says swiftly, and he at least recognizes the concern in his words. "We'll - we'll get you home and then we can worry about things. Let's just go home now."

He nods even though it makes his head hurt, and together they organize his limbs as best as they can. Yugi pushes him upwards awkwardly, and his legs nearly collapse underneath him. He falls gracelessly into Yugi.

Yugi staggers but holds him upright. "I - It's okay, are you okay?"

He manages a nod. Yugi has to prop his chin up when he's done.

"...we'll get home," he encourages him softly, and with his help, they sway forward a step. "See? Not so hard. We'll get home just fine, mou hitori no boku."

He nods again, clenching his teeth against nausea.

"Just... just fine."

* * *

Part Two
Story Home

Feedback?

Back to YGO Fanfic
Back to Fanfics
Back Home