Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings in an Anchient Land ❯ The Whip ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh, but it would be cool if I did.

SG: First of all, I'd like to send out a big thanks to Millenia, our first reviewer and second….

Yami: YUGI GET US DOWN FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!

Yugi: No

Yami: She said you were going to be in this chapter, she needs you to let us go to type it, *to SG* Right *sees SG's laptop suspended in the air as she types* How do you do that?

SG: Authoress powers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An enraged Yami sat on his throne. `That servant acted as if she was my equal. She….. she……'

"Yami, hey Yami are you in there?"

Yami drifted away from his thoughts to see his close friend Yugi. Yugi had been away for the past month trying to find one of the stolen Millenium Items.

"Yugi, did you find it?"

Yugi shook his head. "No, I searched through the entire country and still nothing. I hate to say this, but I think the Millenium Rod is gone forever."

Yami slammed his fist on the arm of his throne. "No it has to be out there, somewhere."

"I know, but like I said my team and I searched for a month and nothing; it's like they disappeared of the face of the Earth."

Yami buried his hands into his face. Everything was going wrong for him. He had been Pharaoh for six months and already things were out of his control; riots, rebellion, thief, and escapees. Things weren't like this for his father; his father was a great pharaoh and seemed to do everything right, he, Yami, couldn't do not even one thing half right.

`What am I doing wrong? Do I have a lack of respect, like that servant girl?' Yami mentally slapped himself. `Why do I keep on thinking about her?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aithne slammed the door of her shack. She couldn't believe what was going on here; how they were treating her. It wasn't the workload; she was used to working hard at home, but the way they spoke to her like she was dirt. How they would beat her and abuse her with no care in the world.

Picking up her small bag and pulled out her flute. Placing it up and bringing the end to her mouth, she began to play. The song was one that Da often played for her on his fiddle.

`I don't belong with these people; I don't even know why I'm even here! They treat me like shit. I just want to be around people like me.'

She put down her flute and smiled; an idea popped into her mind. `Why don't I just run away, it's not like anyone would miss me. Then again they won't have anyone to beat anymore...... Nah, there's enough other people to beat........... But where would I go? I mean my pale skin and hair kindda give me away. I mean, I don't really look Egyptian. Oh well, I'll figure that out later, I'd bette-'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the, now very pissed, white-haired boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakura entered the girl's cabin in an extremely pissy mood. Just as he had suspected, she was in her room.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!! I TOLD YOU TO STAY AND CLEAN THE HALL AND YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT!!!"

The girl looked at him with a `oh yeah, what are you going to do about it, whip me?' look on her face.

This just caused him to get even madder. He instinctively placed his hand on his whip, but then pulled back. `A good whipping doesn't phase this kid.'

He noticed her roll her eyes. He grabbed her arm and started pulling her towards the palace.

"No I'm not going to whip the shit out of you, I'm going to let the Pharaoh do it for me."

He pushed opened the mahogany doors of the throne room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yami looked up as the doors to his throne room opened. In walked the slave driver, Bakura, dragging what looked like a girl who was struggling to get away from him. He smiled. If this was what he thought it was, he was going to enjoy it.

"Pharaoh, I'm sorry for interrupting you, but I brought you something to throw your weight around on."

Yami lift an eyebrow. "Go on."

"I have a slave here who's been neglecting her duties and Ra knows what else. Anyway, a good whipping doesn't do a thing to her, so do what you like with her."

After Bakura left the hall, Yami walked down from his throne and grabbed the girl by the chin and jerked it over. Staring at him were the two green eyes belonging to that girl. He snapped his fingers, summoning a slave to his side and took the whip, which was presented to him. With another snap, the slave left and the guards left the room. The girl spit at the ground near his feat.

"You think you so smart, you bitch, but really you-"

"Gurab amhlaidh duit1."

"Interrupting my will only cause you more pain."

The crack of a whip sounded as the girl's knees buckled and she sank to the ground. Yami smiled at the effect. He slowly walked around the pitiful figure.

"Yes, this isn't an ordinary whip, not like the wimpy leather ones Bakura uses on you, you worthless piece of shit. The steel tip creates a much more deviating effect. At the least, you'll get a lovely gash to sport and a robe needing mending, but at the worse...well lets just say some people have left these little sessions after giving me a finger or a toe."

Yami lifted the whip again and brought it down on the girl with all his might.

"AAAYYYAAAHHHH!"

Her scream pierced his eardrums. He brought the whip down on her three more times before stopping. The cloth on her back was ripped and now had a red tinge to it. Blood framed the slices already vivid on her pale skin. .

Yami grabbed the cloth on her head and yanked her face up from the ground. She cringed at the sight of his face and a soft whimper slipped out of her mouth. The girl's green eyes no longer sparkled like emeralds, but were dull and full of tears that were running down her cheeks. A smug smile emerged on his lips before he let her tumble to the ground.

"You don't like that do you? Well next time you better think twice before letting me catch you listening in on my conversations."

He let the whip crack again, this time on her upper arm. But instead of the crack of metal against skin, he heard a ping, the sound of metal against medal. Now this just enraged Yami more.

`The only thing that this could be is some sort of arm band, but she just washed up on the banks of the Nile and any jewelry she was wearing would have come off in the current so the only way she could get it is stealing.'

The girl used his stalling to pull herself off from the ground. He just caught her arm as she tried to slip out of the throne room.

"What is that?"

The girl answered him with a sharp jerk as she tried to pull away. When his grip didn't loosen, she kicked him where the sun don't shine. Yami let go of her arm and sunk to the ground in pain. The girl to one glance at him and then ran out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aithne secured the door to her shack and then stripped off her bloody dress. The entire top back half of it was drenched in blood. She ran her hand across her back. The wounds were still open and blood flowed freely down her body.

Although she knew very little about first aid, she was smart enough to know that she needed to stop the bleeding. She took the blood heap of cloth lying at her feet and tied it tightly around her torso.

`There! The cloth will absorb the blood and the pressure should stop the flow.'

Even though the wounds were covered, the pain still raced through her body. She went to her closet and picked out the whitest dress she could find. She yanked it over her head then rearranged the cloth to hide her hair.

She was nervous about what she was going to do. She ran her fingers along her silver armbands and the soft cotton tunic she wore. The familiar textures ran over her fingers and moisture began to appear around the corners of her eyes. Running away was no simple task; getting off of the palace grounds was a feat in itself and caring clothes and such would only draw more attention to herself. She tore her gaze away from the memories of home, but the tears still came making her eyes shine like emeralds once again.

She didn't want to leave her grandmother's jewelry but it was inevitable if she wanted to a remotely fair chance of getting out of this hellhole. Her silent sobs were the only thing that could be heard as she waited for dusk to fall.

After was seemed like a millennia, the sun began to set, and Aithne crept along the rows of huts to the palace. While circling it in prospect to find a way out, she stumbled across what looked like a rock slide, although it was in the back end of the palace, which led up to the flat roof.

In hopes to get a better view of the land, she began to scale the rocks. She was almost at the top when her foot slipped nearly costing her her life. Pulling herself back up with the one hand still griping one of the bolders creating the steep stairway. Hauling herself onto the roof, she almost fell off from the sight. The stars were just revealing themselves in the dark cloak of the night. She walked cautiously over to the edge of the building and just gazed at the never-ending desert.

"You know, if you want to commit suicide, I can provide an easier way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yami climbed the wall of rocks to the top the palace. He often went there to get away from it all. As he heaved his leg over the side of the structure, he noticed a figure crouching about a foot away from the edge.

"You know, if you want to commit suicide, I can provide an easier way."

The girl turned around to reveal the girl he had whipped earlier. A grin crawled across his face; oh how he was going to enjoy destroying her soul. Her eye's widened as she spotted him.

Closing his eyes, he began to chant and the Eye of Ra appeared on his forehead. His amethyst eyes opened. "Celtic Guardian, I summon you!"

A green clothed elf appeared on the roof. The girl, who was about to jump off the roof, stopped suddenly and risked a glance at the creature that just appeared.

"Yes, take a good look at him for he will be the creature of your demise. Celtic Guardian, attack the girl, sending her soul to the Shadow Realm for all eternity!"

[SG: Ok this upcoming scene is spoken almost entirely in Gaelic, so to make life easier for both you and me, I put the translations underneath it. Please tell me if you want all the Gaelic done this way, `k! Now on with the fic.]

The elf charged at he, sword raised over his head. He was only feet away from her when she found her voice.

"Dia duit."

{Hello}

The elf stopped dead in his tracks, surprised at what he just heard. After a moment he answered her.

"Cén t-ainm atá ort?"

(What is your name?)

"Aithne atá ort."

(My name is Aithne.)

Yami couldn't believe what was going on here. "Celtic Guardian, I told you before, ATTACK HER!"

He didn't listen to the pharaoh at all this time, but stood defiantly in front of the girl. By the time he sent the monster back where he came from, the girl was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aithne landed on the ground with a thump. The ground was a lot closer than it looked on the roof. As she pulled herself off the ground she noticed a glowing coming from the chamber to her left. The light seemed to be calling her. Walking into the room she saw a golden armband. Once she picked it up, the glowing stopped. Inspecting it, she realized that it had the same eye that was on the upside down pyramid the ruler had.

`I bet that this will probably keep me safe after I leave this place.'

She stuffed it into her cap and ran towards a gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The market place was full of people bustling around buy what they needed for their families. Aithne was so mesmerized by the sight that she didn't realized that she ran into someone.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that-" was all she was able to say before the brown-haired being knocked her out cold.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1. Irish Gaelic phrase meaning `the same to you'

Yami: Yugi you can let us down now.

Yugi: I wasn't a main character and didn't have a lot of lines.

SG: *pretending to cry* Yugi pwease untie us.

Yugi: Fine. *unties them and lets them fall*

Yami: Yugi, I'm going to kill you over and...

SG: * hugging Yami and Yugi, crying* I'm...*sob*....going...*sob*...to...*sob*...miss... *sob*...you...*sob*...guys...*sob*...so....*sob*....much.

Yami: Solo girl what in the name of Ra is wrong with you?

SG: I'm not going to see you guys for a whole month.

Yugi: YEAH!!!

SG: *slaps Yugi*

Yami: *concerned* Why?

SG: I'm going white water rafting, scuba diving, and rock climbing in Maine all of July, so everyone, no flames about taking a month to update.

Yami: Well, have fun. I'm going to miss you.

SG: Yami you're the greatest.

Yami: Really!

SG: Well.....Malik is the greatest, but he's not here so you are. Ja ne everyone till August.