Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Dreams ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Seven

"Nani...??" Kaiba gasped.

Yami had started glowing. From the tips of his spiky locks, to the soles of his leather boots. They watched as Yugi cried out softly and began to glow.

As they watched the two youths drew closer, until Yugi was held within Yami's embrace. The light around them grew stronger and brighter until they had to shield their eyes from the blaze.

Suddenly. It went dark. They opened their eyes. The two youths were swaying unsteadily, still locked in each others arms. Anzu cried out as they collapsed.

Kaiba leapt over to them, checking Yugi's pulse. He was fine. He motioned for the others to place Yugi on the bed. He leant over Yami. Did he need to check his pulse or not? Kaiba wondered. He shrugged and checked it anyway.

Yami opened his eyes at the soft touch. "Set. My beautiful Set. Don't leave me again." He whispered brokenly, stroking his hand against Seto's face softly. With a groan Yami's eyes rolled back and he passed out.

Set? Who was he? Why did Yami think it was him? Kaiba decided Yami must had hallucinated. Mistaking him for someone else.

Ryou curiously watched Kaiba watching Yami. The tall brunette seemed captivated by the strange self-proclaimed spirit. I wonder. Could Yami be the same as....No. They don't act the same. This one called Yami seems too gentle, kind. Nothing like my own...Ryou was startled out of his train of thought by Anzu calling his name.

"...there, Ryou? Ryou? Are you okay?"

"Huh, oh, uh, yes. Thank you. I'm fine." He followed Anzu's hand waving and realised he was in the way of the bed. Ryou quickly scooted out of the way and helped cover Yugi up when Honda laid him down. He never saw them glance at him worriedly. Ryou walked over to Kaiba and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on. Bring him over to the bed. He'll be rather more comfortable there, I should imagine."

Kaiba cast a quick look over to the large bed when Yugi was currently nested. He nodded at Ryou and knelt, scooping the dark spirit up in his arms and carrying him over to his hikari. Kaiba gently placed Yami next to Yugi on the bed, covering him up.

Mokuba hopped off the window seat. "Niichan?"

"Mokuba?"

Mokuba pointed to the hall. "It'll probably be better if we talk outside." The small boy told Kaiba. His face held a solemn gravity to it, which seemed to have been learnt from his brother, so alike did they seem in that moment.

With a sharp nod, Kaiba gestured for everyone to follow him. Mokuba first, Ryou last.

Kaiba led the way, two doors down, opening up to a large airy room with creamy marble and gleaming wooden floors and accents. There was a mini bar at one end and a entertainment center perpendicular to it. Soft cream leather seating was positioned around a small marble slab, seemingly supposed to be a coffee table on the left of the room. They took up a quarter of the space. It was a place to relax, soothing.

Kaiba headed straight for the bar.

"Drinks?" Honda asked with a raised brow.

"Wha..as in alcohol??" Jounouchi exclaimed.

Kaiba gave them a hard glare. Through gritted teeth he explained. "If you have a problem with me having a drink please keep it to yourself. After tonights excitement however, I seem to need one. Feel free to join me. If you can handle acting like an adult."

The others shared a glance. Jounouchi being the first to shrug. "Sure. I could use somethin' after the night we've had."

"Jounouchi!!" Anzu cried. Horrified. She looked to Honda and Ryou for support, belatedly realising the snowy-haired boy was not with them. She frowned.

"Uh, guys?"

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong Anzu?"

"Where's Ryou?" She asked.

~*~*~

The snow-haired boy looked down at his prey. So close. How the mighty Pharaoh has fallen. Bakura reached forward, his hand a bare millimeter from the coveted Sennen Puzzle. He drew his hand back, Ryou was tugging at him from inside his soul room, pleading with him not to harm his friends. Pathetic mortals. Friends weaken you, they are nothing. Bakura reached forward again. Something held him back. He clenched his fists, unwilling to admit to weakness. Bah. Ra-damned mortals. With a flash Ryou's dark spirit returned to the Sennen Ring, freeing Ryou.

"Oh, dear." Ryou muttered. This was worse than he had originally thought. When Bakura had first shown an interest in Yugi and Yugi's puzzle, then later Yami, Ryou had figured it was because Bakura and Yami were similar entities, so anything which could help Bakura had been okay with Ryou. Plus it had been nice to be able to have Bakura's go ahead to make friends with them. But when Bakura's true feelings towards Yami, and partially to Yugi were revealed, Ryou was shocked. His malicious spirit seemed almost to....hate the small boy. Or at the very least resent him.

Ryou jerked his head at the sound of voices. He darted into the en suite bathroom.

After waiting a few moments he walked back out drying his hands on some soft tissues when he heard hushed voices in the bedroom.

He quickly put on an innocently startled expression. "Hey guys."

"Ryou!" Anzu hissed in exasperated relief. "What are you still doing in here?"

Ryou blushed. It wasn't fake. Just remembering how his yami had acted was enough to embarrass him. "Sorry Anzu. I had to use the bathroom."

Anzu sighed. "Fine. C'mon, let's go join the others."

"C'mon buddy."

Ryou's glance flicked towards Jounouchi, leaning by the door. Jounouchi grinned at him before turning to Anzu.

"See. Told ya he'd be fine, didn't I?" He told her. Spinning on his heels, Jounouchi turned and held open the door. Anzu walked through first, Ryou following. He flushed red when he pressed past Jounouchi.

"You really okay buddy?" Jounouchi whispered as they walked down to the others. He draped an arm companiably around Ryou's shoulders.

Ryou swallowed. Being this close to the honey-blonde, Ryou could smell his cologne, and that elusive warm scent which was Jounouchi's and his alone.

Jounouchi was oblivious to Ryou's discomfort.

"I-I'm fine." Ryou assured the taller boy. "It was just a bit of a shock, that's all."

"Hmm. Yeah, I know what ya mean buddy. Seein' Yugi like that. It was strange." Jounouchi frowned. "Yami is an odd one. I don't know what to make of him."

They reached the others. Jou took his arm off Ryou's shoulder to open the door.

Ryou shivered. The sudden lack of contact seemed to leave him bereft.

"Wanna drink?" Jounouchi asked, holding out a small glass with a honey-gold liquid.

"Thank you." Ryou took the glass and swallowed it in one gulp. He broke out in gasping coughs.

"Take it easy buddy." Honda came up and patted Ryou on the back. "You shouldn't knock back whiskey like that. You'll make yourself sick."

Jounouchi looked at the empty glass. He scratched his head. "I didn't expect that." He muttered. "Who'd've thought..." Leaving the glass on the mini bar, Jounouchi rooted around under the bar in the small fridge. Grinning triumphantly when he found a bottle of apple juice.

"Hey, Ryou, here." He passed the open bottle to the still gasping teen.

Ryou took it gratefully, drinking as much of it in one go as he could. "Arigato."

"Can I have everybody's attention please?" Kaiba called, motioning for them to take a seat on the soft cream leather couches.

He waited until everyone was settled.

"Right. I believe it's time we all had a little....chat."

~*~*~

The room was dark.

Yugi blinked. Where am I? Is it time for school yet? He blinked sleepily and yawned, stretching gracefully. His arm touched something. Huh? Yugi rolled over. YAMI?? He never sleeps with me. Wha...? Yugi's brain seemed to short slightly as he took in his surroundings, the opulent bed he was in, the large room and...Seto!!

Everything over the past few days came rushing pack to him. The kiss with Yami, running, the mugger/would-be-molester, And his Knight-in-Shining-Armour. Seto Kaiba.

Yugi grinned. Seto with the beautiful blue eyes. Beautiful blue eyes which haunt your dreams, haunt your every waking moment until you can no longer rule, until the Gods themselves must intervene. Eyes which can see through your very soul, judging you, tearing you, blank, lifeless in death. Body broken...Yugi gasped.

Those are not my memories. Yugi wrapped his arms around himself. He glanced towards the still sleeping spirit. Could they be his? Yami said his memories were fractured. So, how could I have them? Did something go wrong when Yami helped me get my memory back? When he helped me get beck my memories could he have accidently shared his? Yugi moaned, his head pounding.

Damn. What do I do now? I thought I loved Yami, and I still do, but what about Seto? I think I'm falling in love with him. What do I do?

~*~*~

Tbc...

~*~*~

Oh what tangled webs I weave.When I stop to write and dream. ~Shi-koi~