Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Dreams ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Six

The teens gaped as the car drove up the long gently curved driveway to Kaiba's house.

"Oh man, I knew you were rich, but wow!" Jounouchi looked at the estate in amazement. "How many people live here?"

Kaiba stared at him. "Two." He said finally. "Me and Mokuba, my oto."

"Little brother? I didn't know you had a brother." Jounouchi said.

"That's because I don't like people finding out about him." Kaiba told them.

The limousine pulled up outside the foyer of the mansion.

They all piled out. Kaiba stopped to help Yami and Ryou out. He had to admit he liked them. At least they had manners.

He led the way to the boy's...no, Yugi's room. He rolled the name on his tongue. Yugi. It was cute. It suited him.

They were almost to the bedroom door when they heard a scandalised "MOKUBA!!" through the doors. Kaiba pushed open the door and strode in, afraid that his brother was hurting Yugi, even unintentionally.

He stopped in surprise, Yugi's friends behind him when he saw the massive grin on Mokuba's face, and noticed curiously that Yugi's was a bright, flaming crimson. His violet eyes trained firmly on the floor.

"What's going on here?" he asked them.

Two guilty looks were directed at the floor.

"Uh..nothing?" Yugi said.

"We were just talking about our favorite colours." Mokuba supplied helpfully.

Kaiba couldn't understand why Yugi blushed so hard his ears went red when Mokuba said that.

"I see."

Kaiba cleared his throat. Making the others look at him. When they did Yugi's eyes went wide. Kaiba turned to see what he was staring at and saw that his gaze had landed on Yami.

"You...you look just like me." Yugi said in amazement. "Are you my brother?"

Yami paled and swallowed convulsively. Just hearing that pure, sweet voice made him ache longingly. He wanted nothing more than to gather the teen into his arms and never let him go. "No hikari. We're not related at all."

Kaiba shot him a startled look. Yami knew that he'd assumed that they were brothers or something similar.

"Why do you look like me then?" Yugi looked puzzled.

Yami sighed and sat on a chair near the bed. The others took positions around the room, Ryou sitting on a chair near Yami. Kaiba sat on the window ledge near Yugi and Mokuba.

"Ask me something else, please." Yami asked him quietly.

"What's my name? How old am I? How long have we known each other? How do we know each other? Are they my friends," Yugi indicated to Jounouchi, Ryou, Honda and Anzu, "And if we're friends how did I end up here with no memory?"

"And why did you call me Hikari?" Yugi asked simply.

Yami gave him a tender look. "Your name is Mutou Yugi. You are seventeen years old. You stand 4ft 9" in your bare feet, which is better than it was two years ago, " Yami added with a grin, knowing he only stood a few inches above him. They were the shortest people in the room, barring Mokuba.

Yami continued. "I've known you since you were ten. We met because I was teaching you something, I still am. And yes, they are your friends." He stopped for a moment and waved a brown-eyed blond over.

"This is Jounouchi Katsuya. He's been your best friend for years. But you tend to call him Jounouchi." The blond gave him a cheeky grin.

Yami pointed at the others one by one "That's Bakura Ryou," a silver-haired boy with brown eyes, "Honda Hiroto," a brown-eyed brunette, "and Mazaki Anzu." A blue-eyed brunette.

"You didn't answer my other question." Yugi scolded him gently.

Yami sighed in resignation. Moment of truth, he told himself. He moved and sat beside Yugi, looking at him intently as he spoke. His words calm, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "The reason I call you hikari is because...because you are my light. My hikari. You brought me out of the darkness, you changed me." He looked at his hands.

"You helped me live." He whispered.

Kaiba, who was sitting close enough to hear Yami's last sentence glanced at him peculiarly.

Yugi thought for a few minutes, processing what he'd been told.

"If we're all such good friends," Yugi asked the room, "Why did I end up here with no memory?" He look at his supposed best friends. "Jounouchi? Honda? Ryou? Anzu? Well?" He didn't stop to wonder why their names were so familiar.

The youths reddened. "Uh, you see, well..." Honda trailed off.

"We don't exactly know." Jounouchi told him. "We didn't even know you were missing until Yami over there barged into my house demanding to know if you'd contacted me." He laughed mirthlessly. "Scared the heck outta me. This weird stranger refusing to leave my living room..." He trailed off shaking his head at the memory.

"Stranger?" Yugi looked at Yami through narrowed eyes. "If I've known you for seven years, and they've been my best friends for years, how come they didn't know you?" Yugi asked accusingly.

"That's what I'd like to know." Kaiba added. His blue eyes piercing and sharp.

Yami straightened unconsciously. "The reason your friends didn't know about me hikari, was because you refused to tell them about me. I was a part of your private life. No-one knew about me."

"I refused...Why would I do that?" Yugi questioned.

"I have no idea. You wouldn't tell me." Yami told him honestly.

"Where do you live?" He asked curiously.

"With you." Yami stated.

"And no-one has ever met you in the seven years we've supposed to have known each other?" Yugi asked sceptically.

Yami ran a hand through his hair frustratedly.

"You know man, there's something seriously wrong with this picture." Jounouchi declared. "I mean we've had sleepovers and all, and there's never been a sign of you. And I bet if we asked Yugi's grampa he'll never have heard of you. Am I right?" He accused.

Yami nodded reluctantly. "Yes. But there's a very good reason."

"Good reason??!" Honda barked out, "What kinda excuse could you come up with to explain this?!"

Kaiba stood up. "I don't know what kind of game you're playing at. But I want some answers." He demanded coldly. "What did you do to make Yugi run away from you? Why haven't they ever met you? Why do you look like Yugi if you're not related? And how could you have been teaching Yugi since he was ten when you're not that much older then he is." Kaiba's eyes glinted in suppressed anger.

Yami matched his stare evenly. "I did nothing to make Yugi run from me." His shoulders drooped. "It's what I didn't do."

"Which was?" Kaiba raised a brow quizzically. Daring him to answer.

"That is private. Between Yugi and myself." His eyes became haunted. He looked at Yugi who was watching them closely. "I never regretted anything you did Koi. Remember that."

Yugi stared, astonished. "Koi? What I did?"

Kaiba felt his stomach drop. Yami loved Yugi. Declared it.

Yami continued. "As for the rest of your questions Kaiba. There's one very good reason for all of it, and I can prove it." His crimson eyes blazed.

His eyes seared across the room. "How old do you think I am?" He threw out.

"Uh, eighteen?" Anzu.

"Nah, gotta be twenty." Honda.

"I think maybe nineteen." Jounouchi.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Kaiba ground out.

Ryou watched everything silently.

Yugi shared a worried glance with Mokuba.

Yami started pacing. "Would it shock you to find out I'm older than all of you combined, by a few millennia?"

"Wha..? Impossible!" There were a round of shocked gasps.

Yami paused and shook his head at them "I'm five thousand years old."

"Even if that were true, you'd be a pile of dust!" Jou said.

"Not if I were no longer human."

"Huh??" They started backing away. "If you ain't human what are you?!"

"I'm a spirit." Yami glanced at Yugi who had gone pale.

"And I don't look like Yugi, Yugi looks like me. We share a small part of our soul. When I met Yugi, he thought he was dreaming. I did nothing to dissuade him. I let him believe he was dreaming so he would not question my lessons."

"What lessons? What have you been doing to Yugi, you bastard?!" Anzu yelled.

Yami stared at her, turning so his ruby gaze encompassed all of Yugi's friends. "I've shown you my power before. I can do so again." He threatened.

"Power? What power are you talking about?" Kaiba demanded.

Yami turned to Kaiba. "I can restore Yugi's memories, that way he can fill you in as well. Since you'll be more inclined to actually believe him." He enunciated.

"You are not going anywhere near Yugi!" Kaiba snarled.

"Why don't you let him decide." Yami asked calmly.

"Well Yugi?" Yami prompted.

The violet eyed youth considered everything he'd heard, then his own feelings. A part of him was scared of the crimson eyed boy, but that was only natural. But the larger part of him felt safe. He decided to take the risk.

"Do it." Yugi stated with a sharp nod.

"No!"

"You can't!"

"Yugi, please, think about this?" Kaiba asked him gently.

Yugi turned sad lavender eyes on the taller boy. "I have to do this Seto. I feel like I'm missing something important. Don't worry. He won't hurt me."

"How do you know?" Kaiba insisted.

"I just feel it."

Yugi stood up and walked over to Yami. Placing his hands in Yami's outstretched palms.

"Deja Vu." Yugi murmured.

"I'm not surprised." Yami said. "It's not the first time we've done this."

Yugi took a deep breath.

"Don't worry. Just try to relax," Yami instructed.

Yugi shut his eyes. He tried to calm his rapidly pounding heart.

The others watched in a mixture of worry, fear and fascination as the Sennen Eye began to glow in Yami's forehead.

~*~*~

Tbc...

~*~*~

I'll update soon with this. The next bit's already being drafted out. I'm in two minds with where I want to go, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try harder with the next ones.

Man, keeping all these storylines straight in my head is frickin' hard.

Read and review please! If you have any ideas of what you think should happen than let me know, either in the review or in an email.

~Shi-koi~