Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Dreams ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Five

The youth got up slowly and made his way across the luxuriously decorated bedroom to the private en suite bathroom. He walked with his hands along the walls, not trusting his feet to get him there. He swayed unsteadily.

Oh by the gods. My head hurts. He walked into the large cream and gold room. There's a mirror. He thought in relief. I wonder what I look like. He stood in front of the large floor-to-ceiling mirror and stared, shocked at his reflection. He had spiky hair. Was his first reaction. Oh. My. He brushed a hand through the red, black and gold spikes. They were soft! He thought they would be stiff, hard. They felt like silk. He had to admit the style suited his face, and framed his wide violet eyes well.

He sighed. I may have nice lavender eyes, but they aren't as nice as those lovely blue velvet eyes that Seto has. He thought of his first memory and smiled wryly. It wasn't so bad waking up with no memory, because the very first new one he made was of a pair of brilliant blue orbs in a strong, devastatingly handsome face with thick brown hair.

He splashed his face with lukewarm water and dried himself with a soft, fluffy cream towel with gold embroidery. He put the towel back next to the sink and made his way back to his room. He really didn't want to get back in bed, no matter how soft it was. The youth looked around the room. He could always sit by the windows he thought, there were certainly enough of them. That decided he made his way over and pulled himself onto the massive padded wooden ledge. It wasn't quite a window seat, but it was comfortable and wide.

He rolled up the feet of the black silk pyjamas he wore and folded the too-large cuffs up. They must be Seto's, the youth figured. He decided he liked wearing them. Resting his head on his drawn-up knees he gazed out the window. It really was a nice sight. There was acres of green all around, with what looked like a forest near the back. He could see well tended ornamental gardens and a few clear paths to walk through them. The late evening shadows accented the carefully laid grounds.

He was lost so deep in thought that he almost missed the loud knocking on his door.

"Come in." He called.

A small black-haired tornado whirled into the room.

"Hi! I'm Mokuba. Seto's my big brother. Have you really lost your memory? I've never met anyone with amnesia before. Is it weird?" Mokuba barely stopped to take a breath. Not waiting for an answer he jumped up on the ledge and sat opposite the bewildered youth.

"Uh, hi." He smiled at the boy. "Yes I have amnesia and yes it's very weird."

"Oh." Mokuba grimaced. "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, sometimes my mouth runs away with me."

"You mean it runs away without you."

They shared a giggle. Suddenly he felt a lot better.

~*~*~

Kaiba dropped the bombshell on them. "He has amnesia."

Yami and Ryou paled.

"So that's why you were asking about him." Ryou breathed.

"Yes."

"Why did you ask at the gaming centres?" Yami queried.

"I found a dueling deck in his clothes. He had no other identification. So I gambled on the chance that he was a regular dueler and had my people ask everywhere he could possibly have gone to." He shook his head amusedly. "He isn't exactly inconspicuous."

"So, how is he?" Yami asked.

"I can take you to the house now if you'd like. I want to check on him myself as well." Kaiba told them.

They shared a worried look.

Kaiba stood, helping Ryou and then Yami to their feet. His hand lingered slightly longer then was necessary around Yami's hand, but neither wanted to be the first to pull away. They heard a loud commotion outside the office.

Walking swiftly to his office door Kaiba pulled it open, unfortunately, it happened to coincide with the person on the other side about to push the door in. Fortunately for him, Kaiba's quick reflexes allowed him to turn out of the way of the incoming blond-haired youth. Who wasn't quite fast enough. He landed face down on the carpeted floor.

"Ack!!"

"Jounouchi?!" Both Yami and Ryou exclaimed.

"Uh, hey guys." Jou gave them a weak grin. "Honda and Anzu are outside there."

The blond pushed himself up, blowing his hair out of his brown eyes. "We brought the proof you asked us to bring. Has he caused you and trouble?" Jounouchi asked, waving his hand in Kaiba's direction and giving him a scowl.

"No, actually he's been quite gracious." Yami informed him. "But it's a good job you brought the stuff. I have a feeling we're going to need it."

"Huh? Why?" Jounouchi looked puzzled at this.

Ryou piped up, relieving Jou's bafflement. "We've found Yugi..."

Jounouchi punched the air. "ALRIGHT!!"

Ryou continued. "...but he has amnesia."

"Wha..?" Jounouchi stopped the little victory dance he was doing to stare at Ryou and Yami. "Is that true?" He asked horrified.

"Yes."

"Oh, man. The poor guy." Jounouchi looked distressed. "Well, come on then." He walked out, calling them over. "Let's go help him."

"Uh, Jou?"

"Yeah Ryou?"

"Not to burst your bubble or anything, but how do you know where you're going?"

Jounouchi looked sheepish. He tucked a hand behind his head. "Oh. Yeah. Right."

"Don't worry, I can take us up there." Kaiba informed them.

"But we won't all fit into a car." Jou complained.

Kaiba smirked. "We will in this one." He led the way outside, Yami and Ryou next to him. The others trailing uncomfortably behind.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man." Jounouchi beamed when they reached Seto's car. "Oh what a beaut this is!"

"A limousine??!" Anzu's eyes were popping out of her head.

"Oh wow!" Honda exclaimed.

They could still hear Jounouchi dancing around in the background.

"Hey Jou. Knock it off." Honda called to him.

The driver opened the door and Kaiba stood back for Ryou, then Yami to get in. He slid in beside Yami. "Well," he called out to the two goofing off and Anzu who had her hands on her hips, glaring at them. "Are you intending to stay out there all night."

With contrite expressions the three teens climbed in and sat opposite Kaiba et al.

"Thank you." Kaiba said sarcastically. He motioned for the driver to go.

~*~*~

"So what's your new favorite colour?" Mokuba asked him. "I know you've only been awake for a day, but there must be a colour you prefer?"

The youth sighed. Mokuba had been questioning him constantly for ages. Sometimes not even waiting for an answer before firing the next question at him.

"Blue." He said finally.

"What kind of blue?" Mokuba virtually bounced up and down.

His eyes went vague. Without realising it he started talking. "Icy blue eyes, which turn to deep blue velvet in concern. The blue that's deeper than the ocean, and clearer than the skies..." he trailed off, suddenly realising he had a rapt audience of one.

"Oh uh, I mean..."

"Oh, WOW! Have you got it bad!" Mokuba gave him a huge grin.

"Got what bad?" He asked, blushing.

"So spill, who is it."

"No-one, it's, uh, nothing."

Mokuba thought for an instant. His grin got even bigger. "You like Seto!" He breathed out in amazement.

"Huh? How do you figure that?"

Mokuba rolled his eyes at him. "Well duh! I'm not stupid. The only people you've seen have been Dr Jameson and my brother. And Dr Jameson doesn't have blue eyes. His are brown!" He told the embarrassed youth triumphantly.

"Shh!" He hissed in embarrassment.

"Are you going to tell him?" Mokuba asked curiously.

"Are you kidding! What makes you think he'd want to spend any more time with me than necessary? I mean look at him," His eyes went dreamy, "He's gorgeous. He could have anyone he wants." He said dispiritedly.

"So you do like him."

"Yeah."

"Would you kiss him??"

"MOKUBA!!" He blushed, and twisted his hands together. "Yeah, I would."

Tbc...

~*~*~