Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One By One My Friends Shall Fall ❯ The Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh you SOB so back off! XD

My first Yu-Gi-Oh horror fic! I'm gonna make it Jounouchi/Seto, and I give credit to my friend Sakura for telling me about using them! This first chapter was originally a scary story my little sister Ryuhi heard at school, and IT SCARED THE HELL OUTTA HER for days and it still does! Heck, when I finally asked her what was bothering her it scared me too! >.< R/R, tell me if this sounds like a good beginning.

". . ." = talking, `. . .' = thinking, //. . .// = a Yami's thoughts to his Hikari, /. . ./ = the other way around, [. . .] = my notes. I have to change the story a tiny bit because I don't remember much and I definitely DO NOT want Ryuhi to tell me it all over again! >.<

One By One My Friends Shall Fall - chapter 1: The Story

One night a little boy was staying up late like he usually did. When he finally started falling asleep, he heard a voice coming from on the ground floor of his house, at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm on the first step. . .I'm on the second step. . .I'm on the third step. . .I'm on the fourth step. . ." [there's 12 steps on the kids staircase]

The little boy sat up in his bed and screamed. His parents rushed into the room and asked what was wrong. When he told them they checked the entire house but didn't find anything. Thinking it was just his imagination, the boy went back to sleep.

"I'm on the fifth step. . .I'm on the sixth step. . .I'm on the seventh step. . .I'm on the eighth step. . ."

He screamed again, making his parents wake up and come into his room. Finding nothing the second time, they went back to sleep.

"I'm on the ninth step. . .I'm on the tenth step. . .I'm on the eleventh step. . .I'm on the twelfth step. . ."

The little boy was terrified now. He knew he wasn't dreaming. He screamed the third time. His parents were annoyed by this, but went into his room again. They found nothing and went back to sleep. The boy started to cry to himself as he heard the voice coming closer.

"I'm in the hallway. . .I'm in front of your door. . .I'm inside your room. . .I'm at the foot of you bed. . ."

The little boy's parents heard him scream again, but they were mad and never got up to check on him. The next morning, they woke up and opened his bedroom door. This time, they were the ones screaming.

There he was, laying in the middle of his bed, dead and covered in blood.

On the floor were a bloodied butcher knife and the boy's doll, with a devilish grin on its face.

~ * ~

Jounouchi shot up in bed. He had to cover his mouth to stop from screaming. He looked around the dark room, seeing practically nothing. "Kami-sama. . .that nightmare. . ." Someone had told him that story a long time ago, back in junior high. It had scared him for months. After so many years, why did the story come back to haunt him?

A single tear slid down his cheek. Jounouchi was scared again. He looked to the right of him and suddenly smiled. Seeing Seto's sleeping figure beside him on the bed made him feel safe again. Jounouchi knew that his love would always protect him, no matter what. Planting a kiss on Seto's forehead, Jounouchi lay down beside him and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, at the house of one of Jounouchi's friends. . .

"I'm on the first step. . .I'm on the second step. . .I'm on the third step. . .I'm on the fourth step. . ."

Waaaahhh!!! Writing this chapter made me remember EVERYTHING again! >.< I'm scared now! If you think that story wasn't even scary whatever I don't care! R/R PLEASE! You'll find out what happened next in chapter 2!