Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Origami Music ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Origami Music

Chapter: 1/?

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Yugioh belongs to Kazuki Takahashi and the song "Hello" belongs to Evanescence…

Pairing(s): Mokuba/Joey (but not in that kind of relationship) Seto. /Joey…

Summary: Two families, two children, two siblings, two friends… funny how an accident could make everything change…

-------

~MOKUBA! ~

Echoes of the screeching tyres were the last thing that he saw and the last thing that he heard as he gazed listlessly at the limp hand poking out from underneath the vehicle and the trail of blood that trickled ever so slowly towards him. Specks of red was scattered across his face as he got down to his hands and knees and like a child he reached out gingerly to stroke the hand. It was still warm and slowly he wrapped his fingers around it in the hopes to keep it that way. He ignored the screams and the cries, the fear and the pity for the turmoil out there couldn't compare to the emptiness inside and he fell ever deeper into the darkness of his mind as he slowly realised that his family, his only family was gone.

------ 1 hour ago ------

Seto Kaiba caught sight of his rival and his friends chatting away about the most mundane of topics with vigour and happiness. The annoying blonde in particular started cackling loudly, in that irritating voice that irked him so much, about some idiotic joke that was made possibly about him. It wasn't that Kaiba cared about the trivialities of pointless behind-the-back insults but he hated cowardice and it was obvious that Joey Wheeler was a coward in his eyes. For, despite causing much dislike by the group of fools, at least he was able to make such comments face to face and even in front of the blonde's friends. It was a wonder that he liked insulting him and also in some strange twisted way, he felt almost a sort of affection towards the Joey than most. Of course, Yugi being his all time rival was always his main concern but that was business, just like pretty much everything else in his life. No, Joey was different. Irritating though it was, Joey was some sort of relief. He enabled him to be a teenager albeit an unpleasant one but a teenager nonetheless even for just one moment.

He was supposed to have a meeting at Kaiba Corp soon but couldn't resist his daily fix of insults towards the blonde before he went on his way. It was strange however that he found a new member among the friends. She was probably a little younger with the potential of beauty when she came of age but Kaiba didn't really bother on further speculation. He did somehow recognise her from somewhere and Kaiba felt his stomach hitch slightly as the red head wrapped her arms around the third rate duellist. Kaiba was inclined to raise an incredulous eyebrow that Wheeler would go for a little girl that was probably still only in middle school. In fact he would have figured someone like that other blonde, Mai perhaps was more to his taste.

"SETO!" he heard the familiar voice of his little brother cry out. He felt the child run into him with the energy of a steam train. Luckily, his own self discipline and training was more than enough to sustain him from being toppled over by the raven headed eleven-year-old. He smirked as the child who recently entered his first year in middle school had already started acing the tests the idiots of education tried to throw at him. Kaiba smiled proudly when he caught a glance of the A+ sticking out of Mokuba's backpack. "Hey isn't that Serenity? Joey's sister?" the child asked. `So that's who she was' Kaiba realised never recalling that Joey had ever mentioned having a sister to him… or perhaps he just didn't pay attention to that detail. Mokuba's cherub face twisted to a joyful smile. "It is… HEY SERENITY!" he yelled running across the road. The group of friends looked in his direction in surprise. Kaiba gasped just as the car began ploughing down the road.

"MOKUBA!" they all screamed. It all seemed to happen so quickly that even Kaiba was at a daze. A screech of the car and a sickening crack of bone and glass scattered across the floor and blood splattered against the pavement and even at a few of the bystanders. It took a moment to register when a voice broke through his thoughts.

"Big brother" Mokuba whimpered weakly and in tears. Kaiba hearing his voice ran to the boy who was shaking with a few scratches but otherwise unharmed. "She… she pushed me" he wept as tears fell freely down his cherubic face. Kaiba looked up as the chaos began to make sense in his mind. He caught sight of the red hair sprawled against the tarmac but then he turned to gaze at the dead girl's brother who was on his hands and knees reaching out towards her.

----------

~Playground school bell rings, again. Rain clouds come to play;again~He could barely hear the distant sounds of the wailing blue lights and the crying of his friends above the song in his mind. ~Has no one told you she's not breathing?Hello, I'm your mind, giving you someone to talk to...Hello...~ He didn't realise the people around him were crying from shock and grief or the hands that embraced him whilst he cradled the cooling hand in his lap and stroking tenderly. ~If I smile and don't believe. Soon I know I'll wake from this dream~ He barely acknowledged the authority as they vainly tried to heave the scraps of metal debris without further mutilating the body. ~Don't try to fix meI'm not broken. Hello, I'm the lie living for you so you can hide...~


*Don't cry...*

`Don't cry' Jou repeated and obeyed. Just then he felt the hand slip away from him. He didn't want to let it go. He held on tightly.

"I'm sorry for happened son… but please… let go…" said one of the paramedics. He shook briefly as his grip began to loosen and he stared unblinking at the red hair disappear underneath a black blanket. ~Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping. Hello, I'm still here~ The door slammed and they drove away leaving the blonde staring after them and then at a bloodied paper origami crane in his hand that his sister had given to him moments before she ran onto the road.

~All that's leftof yesterday...~

----------------

Sam: Well that's the first chapter I hope you like it…