Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Love ❯ Dreams of Discoveries ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everyone! Here's the third chapter. I've had some free time in my art class so I worked on most of it then. Well enjoy!

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ^*^*^*^*^*

Dreams of Discoveries

At the end of the week everyone decided on going to the beach. Everyone had gotten much closer with Koko that she didn't hesitate anymore to walk over to them. She felt completely comfortable with them and she couldn't imagine any other way she'd want to live than to be with her friends.

Koko watched the waves loll lazily back and forth. When she turned around she noticed Bakura wasn't there with them. She remembered that he'd been a bit held back like he was having a conversation with himself, but she just shrugged it off.

She was about to go look for him when she saw Yugi walking by himself along the beach, moving away from the group. She stood and dusted herself off from the sand before starting her way towards him instead. When she was a couple of steps away from him when another flash like at school happened again.

Koko could make out two people, but it still was very blurry to her.

When she looked up she saw Yugi had frozen too. He had a worried look on his face. He ran off behind some large rocks and out of a bit of curiosity and concern, she followed.

When she found him though she got a very bog surprise: there were two Yugis except one was taller and a bit more built than the smaller.

"They're hard to explain, aibou." The taller one said. "It might have something to do with my past, but I'm not sure."

"You'd think they'd come with a warning or something, but…Yami? What's wrong?"

Yami was looking in Koko's direction, who was frozen in her spot.

"Koko! I can explain! You see he's…well um…he's just…well…" Yugi tried to explain the second Yugi to her, but failed miserably as he kept on rambling on about nothing that made sense.

Koko came out of her stupor enough to realize what the two boys were talking about before the taller one had noticed her.

"That flashes…I've had them too." She whispered.

Yugi stopped talking and stared at her. Yami watched her for a minute before walking towards her and held her shoulders lightly so she wouldn't run in case she got scared easily like when they had first met her.

"I'm Yami, Yugi's darker half, and he's my light. I reside in the Millennium Puzzle that you see around his neck, but sometimes I come out." He shortly explained, much better than his other had done before.

Yugi joined his dark. "My grandpa gave me the puzzle when it was still in pieces." He started. "It was said that whoever could put the puzzle together would give the person dark powers. I just wanted to solve the thing because nobody else could. When I put it together the bond between Yami and me started. Although Yami forgot his entire past except that his origins reside in Egypt. After a few obstacles we were finally able to help Yami try and remember or at least find out about his past. We found out that he used to be a great Pharaoh of ancient Egypt that sealed the Duel Monsters away, but in the consequences something happened and that's how Yami's spirit was put into the puzzle."

Yami nodded, ending their explanations.

Koko didn't know what to say so she just nodded, showing that she did understand, which she really did but was just too surprised by the unreal ness of it all to really say much about it at all.

"What kind of obstacles did you have?" Although it was still strange to her, Koko already found the topic to very interesting all the same.

"Well first there was a tournament with this other guy named Pegasus who wanted all the Millennium Items for himself and then other people were also trying to find the items for their own reasons. It's all very confusing, but at least those are over with. People are still after the items of course, but we'll deal with them when they come. Right, Yami?" Yugi looked up to his dark.

Yami nodded with a small smile on his face. "Yes, but you also had a reason to go to Pegasus' tournament because he stole your grandfather's soul and you needed to get it back. Of course you had to beat him in a Duel Monster's game to do that."

"But you must've beaten him because you introduced me to your grandfather. How'd you beat him?"

"Well, it wasn't easy since he had the Millennium Eye which allowed him to see into his opponent's minds so he could find out their strategies and then he knew which cards he needed to play in order to win. Yugi and I had to keep switching places so he couldn't read ours. But then he brought us to the Shadow Realm and Yugi couldn't handle it in there so it was up to me. But Joey, Tristen, and Tea all helped by forming a mind block from Pegasus and that helped me beat him."

Koko nodded before looking at Yami again. "You said the Millennium Eye, correct? Well, you have a Millennium Puzzle and my brother had a Millennium Ring. How many are there all together, or it that all?"

"There are seven all together. There's a scale, a ring, puzzle, necklace, rod, eye, and then the key. There are special holders for each of them. Your brother's the ring, Yugi's the puzzle, Pegasus the eye, the key belongs to the keeper of the items, the rod goes to Malik, the necklace goes to this lady who helped us find out who Yami was, and we're not sure who the holder of the scale is supposed to be just yet. Also, each item has it's own special power."

Koko nodded her understanding before she mentally slapped herself about how this whole thing of her meeting Yami got started. "The flashes that you were talking about, what were they like?"

Yami was startled a minute from the suddenness of the question but easily answered it anyway. "They're really fuzzy and so far all that I've been able to make out is that there're two people in it."

"I've had the same thing."

Yami thought for a second before pulling her closer to him and telling her to hug him back like she had with Yugi at the school. She obliged and they both received a flash and this time it was completely in focus. It was Yami and somebody who looked remarkably close to Koko she could've been mistaken but considering their outfits they knew it had to be the one Koko was reincarnated from. They were both wearing Egyptian outfits with gold to match perfectly. Both looked absolutely stunning. They were both embracing each other and looking very happy; love showed in each of their eyes for the other. When the flash faded out, Koko and Yami pulled back from each other and looked at the other in amazement. Somehow they both knew that it was a memory of the past when Yami was still the Pharaoh.

"What was that? Was that really me or somebody else?" Koko asked him quietly.

"I think that was in the past. You and I must've been in love but something must've happened to get us separated because I can barely remember you."

"Then how come I got reincarnated and you became a spirit to the Millennium Puzzle"

"I don't really know why. It must've been something really important though; I'm sure of it."

Koko nodded and the three decided to leave their thoughts at that. It was getting late and neither really wanted to walk home in the dark. They met up with Bakura in the visitor's parking lot and he was really surprised to see Yugi and Yami.

"What's going on you guys? Koko doesn't know about the Millennium Items or anything like that." Bakura whispered frantically to his friends.

Yugi explained the whole thing to him minus the part about the three's beliefs of the past.

Right at that point Nusumi decided to praise everyone with his presence. He was smiling evilly at Bakura with his arms crossed looking like he had just proved his point in something.

"I told you that you should've told Koko everything since she was going to figure it out sooner or later. You should've just listened to me and sit down with her and tell her, but no you had to try and keep it from her for as long as you could. And tell me Mr. Sourpants what would happen if something had happened to Koko and she didn't know what was going on? You'd have fun explaining that one wouldn't you?" Nusumi was thoroughly enjoying torturing his light like that, anyone could tell.

Bakura mumbled something under his breath before exploding in rare fury. "Will you shut up already, Nusumi! You made your point so just SHUT UP!" He walked off ahead of the group so he could cool down some before doing anything else.

Nusumi stuck his tongue out at his hikari before turning back to everyone else. He smirked some before gesturing that they should follow Bakura since it'll get dark soon.

Koko was very surprised to see that her brother also had a yami like Yugi did. He was the splitting image of Bakura minus a few small differences like spikier hair and more piercing eyes, but other than that she could easily get him confused with Bakura. Once out of her small surprise freeze she walked right up next to Nusumi and held his hand as they walked.

He stopped and looked down at her and she looked back up smiling slightly.

"So are you the one that my brother always talks to at home when he thinks I was asleep? I just figured since he had a phone it had a speakerphone mode to it."

Nusumi smiled and they continued walking. He nodded in answer to her question and that's when Bakura had slowed down in pace and joined them again. He looked hurt that Koko was holding his dark half's hand but cheered up just as easily when she held her hand out for him to hold her other one as well. He took it happily and they walked like that all the way home.

That night both Yami and Koko had the same dream. It was set back in Ancient Egypt. It started with the duel that Seto and Pharaoh Yami were having with the stone tablets. In the shadows of Yami's throne for that moment knelt the same girl who looked like Koko in the flash from the beach. She was watching the battle carefully and was very quiet that nobody would think she was really in there. She was so still too that if you did happen to see through the shadows you'd still think that she wasn't a real person, but a stone sculpture. The same time she was watching the battle she was watching `her' Yami at the same time even more carefully, probably so she could coax him to be calm if Seto got under too much of his skin.

Whenever she looked at Yami fully instead of the battle you could easily see all the love she was pouring out to him without having to say a word. Sometimes he would glance or look at her too and he showed the same thing for the small girl next to him. It was simple to tell that those two were meant for each other and would do anything for the other. At the same though you could see traces of worry in the young girl's face and eyes, worry that something dreadful might happen to `her' Yami if she left him. Something she'd regret terribly if she thought or knew she could've done something to stop it.

The scene faded out and was placed in another. They were in a different part of the palace, a large hallway leading to the outdoors or another part of the large palace. Yami and Seto were facing each other, both with hatred for the other showing clearly through all their gestures, looks, and words. Even their posture showed that they disliked the other very much. A white haired, blue eyes girl from before once more hiding almost invisible to the untrained eye. She stood leaning against one of the large pillars of the room where the shadows leaned in and almost seemed to try and cover in an attempt to protect her for their king like they knew something terrible were about to happen.

Yami is chanting a spell. The spell that was meant to seal all the cards away when Seto turned for his leave. Instead though he turned while Yami was preoccupied and ran at him with a large knife he had concealed in a hidden pocket of his vest. Koko jumped at the sight of the mad man and runs for her kings side, taking the blow for him. She didn't scream from the pain of the sharp blade stuck in her stomach or flinch as she saw her red blood stain her good clothing and seep on the floor in a large puddle. She felt arms come around her, the person holding her was shaking. With rage or fear she didn't know. She turned her neck to see her Yami holding her. Fear in his eyes for his love and hatred for the one that had done this to her, to the one that dared to cause this beautiful creature any pain or hurt. She feels herself slipping in and out and brought her hand up to softly caress her pharaoh's cheek one last time. She knew that there wasn't any hope for survival. She had lost too much blood already in that short amount of time. Her hand fell weakly and limply to her side as her existence seeped away into the heavens, where her king she would easily end up knowing she was too pure to go anywhere but to the heavens.

He placed her gently on the ground and looked back up at Seto, a satisfied smirk placed on his face for his deed. He might've not managed to kill his intentionally target but the target's lover was just as good because this way he got see even more pain on the king's face as well joined pain of when he kills the pharaoh. He looks at the evil duelist as he remembered what his love had told him just that day.

"Yami, I will follow you to the ends of this earth if I must and we'll be together always. You're very wise and yet nobody knows what's going to happen when you seal the cards away with so much magic. I know it's for the best of this world though and that I know that is all the proof I need to know you must go on with it no matter what. If you do happen to find out though what will happen if anything at all, I beg you to continue for the fate of this world will be in your hands. Promise me that, my Yami."

He nodded to himself and finished the last of the chant and sealed away the cards forever. A huge wind was being blown about and the puzzle materialized in front of Yami. The king disappeared and when everything settled down the golden artifact was floating in the air, surrounded by magic. Seto made to grab the puzzle as it held a tremendous amount of dark power, but before he could get it the puzzle faded out and wasn't seen again for a long time.

The next day the Koko woke up and went to the park, expecting but not really expecting Yami to be there sitting alone on one of the benches. She walked up to him and neither needed words to tell each other they both had the same dream last night.

"I guess we really were lovers then. Weren't we, Yami?" Koko asked silently.

Yami nodded.

"I guess that also answered that one question we couldn't answer from before, huh? The one about you not being reincarnated and I have."

Another nod.

Koko turned to leave when she felt Yami hold her back gently. She turned around and he gestured for her to sit on the bench with him as he scooted over.

She did so and everything fell into an uncomfortable silence. It was still early in the morning so they were the only two people in the park at the time.

When they looked at each other though they both felt somewhat drawn to each other. Like they had an unfinished deed to do that wasn't fulfilled in the dream. The two slowly leaned into each other and their lips met in a soft kiss. It didn't last very long but when it ended they found it very simple to have a conversation with the other then.

They talked until noon amazingly about their shared dream and walked with each other a few times around the paths that were in the park. Both just glad that most of their questions had answers now.

Both individuals felt as though they were completing something that wasn't done in the past and felt it very easy to fall in love with each other again.