Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Love ❯ Yami's Own Part1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yami's Own Part 1

About a month later everyone was sitting around the room of Yugi and Yami's bedroom. Yugi sat on the bed with Yami, in his spirit form, next to him and Koko sitting somewhat in his lap. Joey sat next to Tristen and both were leaning against the wall closest to the window. Tea sat in the chair of Yugi's desk. And Bakura and Nusumi sat leaning against the wall opposite from the window. All of them were waiting for more people to come before they started their little talk.

Just then there was a knock on the door and Yugi called for the visitor to enter. Isis walked in and closed the door, only to turn around and see confused faces.

"Uh, where's Malik and Marik, aren't they coming too?" Bakura asked.

She shook her head `no'. "I'm afraid not. They said they would but something came up and I'm not sure what, but I'm sure they would've come other wise."

Everyone nodded and Yami cleared his throat. Yugi looked at him and nodded for him to go ahead.

"Well, as I'm sure you've guessed by now that Koko and I have gotten together. Not only because we care for each other very much and love each other, but also because of our past together."

Everyone except the three on the bed and Isis seemed to not understand.

"Hold on. I think I remember a little bit now. I remember Yami having a lover but they were very mysterious. Only those in the royal palace would see them since Mister Pharaoh was a bit protective of them." Nusumi explained.

Yami rolled his eyes. "I had a good reason to too. Anyways, when we were at the beach you all know that Koko discovered me and then we shared a flash that we've both been having since that one time at the school when she and Yugi hugged. That night we shared a dream about what happened when we were separated and now we're together again just like we promised back then."

Everyone nodded happily, having a few questions answered for them.

Isis spoke up. "Yes, I finally saw her in the shadows of Yami's chair when I used the Millennium Necklace on Kaiba so he could see the duel between you and himself in the past."

"Let's not bring that creep into this." Joey announced, annoyed just by the name of Seto's last name.

Yugi shook is head and spoke out a question he'd been having for a while now. "Well now that they're together what happens now?"

Yami shrugged and Koko just looked at him.

"I know one thing is for certain."

Everyone looked curiously at the once Pharaoh.

"Before I didn't feel very complete and I thought it was because of my lost memory. But now that I found someone from my past that I loved rather than just knew I feel much more complete than before."

Koko smiled happily at him, silently saying the same thing to him alone.

"Well, it's getting late. We should get home before mother starts to worry, Koko." Bakura suggested has he and Nusumi stood and headed for the door.

"Yeah it is getting kind of late, Yuge." Joey repeated. "I gotta go too before my old man sends out the police or something like that."

Everyone else nodded and piled out of the room and to the front door. Yugi and Yami opened the door for everyone else and Yami gave Koko a kiss on the cheek before letting her go.

As Koko, Nusumi, and Bakura were walking home the young girl began to get droopy.

"Sis, you all right? You look pretty tired." Bakura asked.

Koko nodded sleepily.

Suddenly arms wrapped around behind her knees and her back and lifted her up. She looked to see Nusumi was carrying her.

He looked down and smiled gently at her. "You've had a big day. Get some sleep, we'll put you to bed when we get home so don't you worry about anything."

Koko nodded and rested her head against his warm chest and easily found sleep claiming her.

When they got home Nusumi snuggled her up under her warm covers and crept out of the room and into his and Bakura's room, joining his light and into the ring.

The next morning Koko woke up and rubbed her eyes clear of their sleep. After looking around a bit and remembering that Nusumi had told her to just go to sleep and not worry about anything.

After walking downstairs she started to look for Bakura or Nusumi when the phone rang.

"Moshi moshi, this is Koko."

"Hey, Yami."

"Sure, I can come over. I just have to tell somebody and I'll be right over."

"Bye."

Koko hung up the phone once more and walked into the kitchen and found her brother's darker half.

"Hey, Nusumi. Where's everyone?"

"Your mother went to work and Bakura had to go get a few things that we needed. He told me to wait up for you so you wouldn't be home alone. Sleep well?"

"Yeah, thanks. I'm going to go over to the game shop. That okay?"

"Sure, have fun."

Koko nodded and ran back up the stairs to change her clothes. She found a powder blue miniskirt, a white sleeveless shirt, and silver vest.

After brushing her hair and teeth she waved goodbye to Nusumi and walked out the door.

^V^V^V^

"Where is she? She should've been here by now." Yami paced the front of the game shop, having waited a little over an hour for Koko to come over.

"Yami, what's wrong?" Yugi asked as he came in and saw his other half.

"Koko should've been here by now. I'm starting to worry."

Yugi glanced at the clock and nodded. He turned around and called out into the other room. "Grandpa, something's come up and Yami and me have to go!"

"Okay, Yugi! You boys be careful."

"That's not hard to do since one of us doesn't have a body to be careful of." Yami sighed as he and his hikari walked out the door.

They searched for an hour and a half before going over to Joey's where they found the blonde, Tristen, and Tea.

"Guys, something's not right. Koko was going to come over earlier when Yami called her. That was a while ago and should've been there by now. Yami and I think something's wrong and we went out searching for her for an hour already and still can't find her. Can you help us?"

"Sure, Yugi. I hope everything's okay." Tristen agreed for the three of the teens.

V^V^V

A white haired girl stirred groggily into an awkward consciousness. It took a while to remember what happened to make her become knocked out and she had a bit of a headache.

She looked around, her head swirling in dizziness. She remembered she was walking over to the game shop and was about half way there when somebody wrapped something like a cloth over her face and then blanked out.

Struggling to keep awake she tried once more to see where she was and realized she was being held back by something on her wrists and ankles. However, before she could check and see what exactly was holding her back she blanked out once more.

^V^V^

After hours more of searching everyone, including Bakura and Nusumi who the gang had picked up after Joey, Tristen, and Tea, decided to go back to the game shop to see if she had hopefully shown up yet. Instead though they found a small envelope on the counter with Yami's name written on it. Yugi picked it up since Yami couldn't and red it for him.

`In exchange for the girl you must bring the Millennium Puzzle unless you never want to see her again.'

Yami sees red and bursts out the door once more just as the start of a rainstorm was starting; Nusumi, Bakura, and Yugi follow him quickly. After Yami's determination and anger the four found themselves in the front of an abandoned warehouse about three miles away from the game shop. Yami starts to get this tingling feeling and somehow knows Koko is inside.

The four friends go inside and maneuver around the many boxes while searching for Koko or anything else that might help them. After a minute or so the small group find a large clearing with no boxes except for one. A glass box at the top of the stairs and inside the box stood the reason of the searching. Koko was seen sitting with her back against the far end of the small box. It was obvious she was tied back somehow and she was unconscious as well.

They watched her carefully for a second as she started to stir awake.

Blue eyes opened wearily and opened on the one thing that she was wishing and dreaming to see all day. Only now she needed is help, badly.

"Yami." Her voice was quiet and unsure if she was dreaming or not. Realization struck her and she called out to him loudly. "Yami! Please help me I'm so scared Yami! Get me out of here! Please help me!"

Yami started to run for her to help her but was stopped when a large gate appeared in front of the stairs and maniacal laughter followed his confusion.

The once Pharaoh turned to see a man stepping out the shadows, removing a hood from his face at the same time.

The man had creepy, silver eyes seeming to have been drained of all emotion. His hair was a spiky blonde with the tips all dyed a deep, blood red. His whole outfit consisted of black since the only thing you could see was the black cloak with the hood attached and black boots that could be seen when he walked.

"Who are you?" Yami demanded angrily. "Is this your doing?"

"Indeed `Pharaoh'. In exchange for the girl you must give me the Millennium Puzzle." The mad had a deep, serious voice. It was obvious he wanted to get this over with fast.

"Don't do it, Yami! You can't give it up!" He heard Koko yell from atop the stairs.

It was a battle inside himself. He knew Koko was right, but he also wanted to get Koko back. Both things he wanted but both were on the line.

"I don't know who you are but how about a little game first?"

The eyes wandered to the small boy behind Yami. The man's showed interest and nodded his head for Yugi to continue.

"The game is Duel Monsters. If you win we give you the puzzle, but if we win then we get Koko back and you'll leave us alone."

The man smiled quickly, an eerie thing to see. Lights illuminated a field behind the man and motioned Yami to the blue side while he made his way for the red side. The astral form of the Pharaoh's spirit joined with that of Yugi's body and became one with his light before walking his way over to his side of the field.

Nusumi came out in his astral form and stood next to Bakura against the wall. Both were silently cheering on their friends since a lot was on the line and nobody knew exactly how good this stranger of shadows was at Duel Monsters.

Both players drew five cards and the stranger placed a Baron of the Fiend Sword on the field in attack mode. Yami placed Feral Imp in attack mode as well as a trap card face down.

"Baron, destroy the Feral Imp!" The shadowed man called.

"Not so fast. I activate my trap card, Waboku. It turns any attack made by a monster go to zero."

"Darn it."

Yami pulled another card and smirked. Placing it face down.

"I play Great White in attack mode."

As soon as the monster was played though it and the Baron were destroyed. The stranger's life points were now down by 1450.

"What? What was that card you placed face down?"

"It was a trap card, Trap Hole. It makes any monster on the field with an attack power of 1000 destroyed."

"Interesting. I play, in attack mode, Man-Eating Treasure Chest. Treasure Chest, attack the Feral Imp."

Yami's life points were lowered to 1700.

"Good, but not good enough I'm afraid. I play Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress!"

"Useless, Treasure Chest, attack now!"

The blue dragon was destroyed and Yami's points were now at 1500.

Yami closed his eyes and pulled another card from his deck. After opening his eyes once more he smirked. "I summon Gaia The Fierce Knight! Destroy his Man-Eating Treasure Chest!"

The monster disappeared instantly after the assault and the stranger's life points dwindled to 750.

Yami looked over to where Koko was and got worried as she once more had fallen into unconsciousness. For some reason he couldn't pull his eyes off her and didn't notice as his opponent played his Yami, a magic card, or place Neo The Magic Swordsman down, slaughtering his knight; making his life points now go to 1100.

All of the dark Pharaoh's thoughts had wandered to Koko and he couldn't help by worry about her all her could hear were Koko's cries for help and all he did was stand there and let somebody talk him into dueling when he should've tried getting past the gate.

"Yami!" Koko's voice called within his head as his mind replayed that scene of her calling for his help.

"Koko…" He whispered to himself.

"Yami!"

"YAMI!"

The ancient king was pulled startled from his thoughts from a deep, male voice.

He looked over to his opponent, who looked extremely annoyed, then over to where Bakura and Nusumi stood and saw two others there with them.

"Malik…Marik?" He whispered once more.

"Yami, get you dumb brain back in the game! That's what you need to focus on, not Koko right now!" Marik called out.

"Marik…I…" He started.

"No! Just shut up right now and listen! Get your thick head back in the game and let my hikari, me, Bakura, and Nusumi worry about Koko! We'll let you know if anything's up and that way you can concentrate on what's important that'll help get Koko back! If you lose not only will you lose your puzzle but also Koko!" The dark half of Malik explained.

Yami straightened up and nodded with a new determination in his eyes. He turned back to the still waiting opponent. "Get prepared to lose! I play Dark Magician with Reinforcements, adding 500 attack points to him making his life points now 3000. Dark Magician, Dark Magic Attack!"

"No! My life points!"

"That's right, they're now at zero. Now keep your promise and release Koko!"

"Don't worry, I never let up on my word."

Both duelists removed themselves from their respected side and walked over to the gate leading up to Koko and the glass prison. The gates open and the six make their way up the stairs.

The man makes for a gold box with the glass' special key inside when he realizes the white haired girl isn't breathing properly. He takes out a small pad and presses it against the glass.

`Hmm…oh no. The air monitor says there isn't barely enough air in there. I must hurry before she dies!'

The man stumbled with the box but dropped it and it fell half way down the stairs, the man running down after it.

Marik rolled his eyes and turned them back to Yami and following the Pharaoh's gaze, which settled on the glass box and the girl inside. When his eyes rested on the prison though he noticed something stuck on the side of it and went up to take a closer look at the white sticker.

Marik gasped and called Yami over quickly.

"What is it, Marik?" The game master asked as he too looked at the sticker on the side of the glass case and gasped out of worry once he saw the label to this sticky piece of paper and the miniature meter below it.

`It's nearly out of air. But…if that happens than Koko'll suffocate and die. That can't happen, it just can't…' A small crystal colored tear dropped from the corner of Yami's eye just as the man ran back up the stairs with something similar to a Duel Monster's card and his Pharaoh's Eye flashed on his forehead.

Yami looked at the man impatiently when he saw the man wasn't even moving to place the key wherever it needed to be and was looking at Koko, staring at her, and he looked too only to be caught by surprise.

On Koko's forehead was a reflection of the Pharaoh's Eye that just flashed on his own forehead.

Just as the third eye disappeared, Yami felt another presence had just entered the glass prison somehow and was swirling inside there. Whether it was bad or good, he didn't know and how it got in there was a mystery as well since it was pretty obvious there was no hole for anything to exit or enter.

"Yami." Nusumi's voice came. "The…there's something else in there with her."

Yami nodded showing he too had already realized this.

"Well what are you waiting for, idiot!" Marik yelled impatiently. Though he didn't even know Koko, he knew Yami and was worried for his friend if anything were to happen to that girl since it was pretty obvious by now that he loved her. "Open it up and get her out of there!"

The man jumped and lifted the card up and placed it on the glass. A white flash came and then went and when everyone reopened their eyes they saw a door had appeared and the blonde haired man opened it.

As soon as a crack of opening had appeared the extra presence in the prison came flooding out and split into two different directions; one going to the man and the other going for Yami.

A silvery colored veil appeared around both Yami and the shadowed man and covered each completely.