Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Past Reborn ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

S.A.P.: I know I haven't updated in a while but I believe I made up for it in this long chapter.

Joey: Yeah this has to be the longest chapter in this story yet.

S.A.P.: Thank you Joey. Now I said it once and I'll say it again I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh the only thing I own in this story are my own characters.

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

(Author's Notes)

Past names:

Kayla = Kelal (Key-lal)

Seto = Seth

Tristan = Honda

Tea = Anzu

Serenity = Shizuka

Joey = Jounouchi (Jou)

All other characters keep the same names as they have now

Chapter Five

When the group got back to Yugi's they had all changed into their nightclothes and had pushed the furniture in the living room up against the wall, so they had more room to spread out their sleeping bags and pillows on the floor.

"So what does everyone want to do now?" Yugi asked.

"Let's watch a movie." Malik suggested.

"Yeah and I know the perfect movie to watch." Ryou grinned.

"Oh and what would that be?" Bakura asked.

"The Mummy."

Everyone agreed so Yugi got up and started the movie.

"Wait a sec we forgot the popcorn I'll go make some." Kayla said as she got up and headed towards the kitchen.

"You want me to pause the movie sis?" Yugi asked.

"No that's okay I've already seen it once."

As Kayla entered the kitchen the others noticed how Yami was just staring at her.

"Ohh I think Yami has a crush on my sister." Yugi giggled.

"I do not I just get the feeling that we have met before." Yami explained getting on the defensive.

"That's Yami's way of saying hell yeah she's drop dead gorgeous." Marik grinned. "Hey Yami if you're sure that you're not interested in her can I ask her out?" He asked seeing if Yami did indeed have any feelings for her.

"Hey this is my sister you're talking about." Seto growled.

"You know just because I'm not in the room doesn't mean I can't hear what you are saying." Kayla yelled from the kitchen.

"Hey Kayla if you could only pick from Yami or Marik which one would you choose to date?" Serenity asked.

"You mean I can only choose one? Oh well I guess I would choose, um, Yami."

Yami turned a deep red causing everyone to laugh.

"I thought we were going to watch the movie?" Tristan asked.

"We are." Joey told his friend.

The group remained quiet during the rest of the movie only making comments here and there. Near the end of the movie nearly everyone had fallen asleep leaving only four people awake:

Yugi, Kayla, Yami, and Seto.

"Hey Kayla how long are you staying here for?" Yugi asked thinking that his sister was just visiting and would be leaving soon.

"Actually right now I'm rooming with Crystal until I find a place of my own."

"You mean you're going to stay here permanently?" Yugi asked excitedly.

"Of course I am. There is no way I am leaving now that I have found my three favorite brothers."

"Why don't you come live with me and Mokuba?" Seto asked. "We've got plenty of room."

"That's really sweet of you but I'd like to find a place of my own."

"Hey Yami earlier you said you felt like you met Kayla somewhere before what did you mean about it?" Yugi asked.

"I don't know I just get the feeling that we have crossed paths before, I can't explain why."

"Perhaps I can answer that question." The woman who was in Yami's room last night said bowing to the four that was awake.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" Yami demanded.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves my name is Jezebel and other there is Isabella." She said pointing towards another woman who was kneeling over Bakura and Ryou smiling at them with tears in her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Seto asked.

"We are here to show you your past lives." Jezebel explained.

"Past lives? What are you talking about?" Kayla asked.

"You shall see soon my queen." With that Jezebel murmured a few Egyptian words causing the room to fog and put everyone in a deep sleep as they were transported to the past.

Flashback

"Yami, dear, Crystal and I are taking Yugi, Jou, and Ryou for a walk in the village."

"Very well Kelal but please do me a favor and have Marik and Malik go with you so at least I know that you will be protected." Yami said as he hugged and kissed his wife.

"If it will make you feel better then I'll have them accompany us, besides Jou and Yugi absolutely adore them."

"Yes that is something I will never be able to figure out." He grinned.

"Oh be nice you." She admonished playfully slapping him on the arm.

"I was being nice." He then began to tickle her causing her to squirm.

They fell backwards onto their bed both laughing.

"All right you two what's so funny?" Crystal asked as she and her husband Seth entered the room.

"Nothing." Kelal giggled.

"Well I hate to interrupt you two but we have a meeting with the counsel members Pharaoh." Seth told his brother-in-law.

Yami quickly sobered up from laughing and sighed. "I almost forgot. Damn those stupid counsel members and their meetings.

"Well we'll leave you two to your meeting while we go take the children and have some fun." Kelal grinned as Yami stuck his tongue out at her.

Kelal and Crystal both said goodbye to their husbands and brothers then left.

Kelal, Crystal, Ryou, Marik, and Malik were walking down one of the streets with Yugi and Jou both riding on Malik and Marik's shoulders, when they heard someone yelling and saw a little boy running from someone.

The boy looked behind him to see if he was being followed and ran right into Marik causing the boy to fall down.

The man then grabbed the boy by the arm. "Thank you for stopping this thief."

Kelal looked at the frightened boy and saw that he was about the same age as her son Yugi.

"What are you going to do with this boy now that you have caught him?" Malik asked

"What I do to all who steal from me, I'm going to chop his hand off."

"You will do no such thing now let him go." Kelal demanded.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" The man asked annoyed.

"I am Queen Kelal now I will tell you one more time let him go."

The man paled and let go of the boy's arm and then left.

The by went to run but was prevented by Marik who picked him up.

"Let me go." The boy yelled squirming his way free.

"You have nothing to fear young one. No one will hurt you." Crystal smiled at him.

"What is your name?" Kelal asked.

The boy remained silent.

"Answer the queen." Malik said.

Still the boy remained quiet.

"Hi I'm Yugi would you like to be my friend?" He asked walking over to the boy after Malik put him down.

The boy looked at him and slightly smiled.

"All right."

"Yea, but what do I call you?"

"Honda."

"That's a nice name I'm Jounouchi but you can call me Jou." Jou said also joining him.

"Where are your parents?" Kelal asked.

Honda frowned. "My parents and some other parents were killed so me and the other kids take care of each other now."

"There are other children?" Crystal asked.

"Uh-huh there's four of us all together."

Kelal thought for a minute and then nodded to herself before she spoke up. "How would you and your friends like to come live in the palace?"

"Really? But wouldn't the Pharaoh be upset?"

"Not if he knows what's good for him."

"My daddy's really nice you'll like him." Yugi grinned.

Honda grinned and agreed to join the group. "All right let me just get the others." He lead the others to what looked like an old worn down hut.

What they saw when they entered the hut brought tears to Kelal and Crystal's eyes and growls from Marik and Malik.

The children looked to be between the ages of two and five and were wearing dirty torn clothes. They looked malnourished and dirty like they hadn't bathed in days.

"Honda your back did you get some food?" A little girl with blond hair asked.

Honda grinned and pulled out a loaf of bread that he had managed to keep hidden under his shirt. "This is all I managed to get before I was chased by the merchant."

"Honda who dey?" A little boy with long raven hair asked.

"Mai, Mokuba, and Shizuka I'd like you to meet Yugi, Jou, Ryou, Marik, Malik, Crystal, and Queen Kelal."

"You're a queen?" Shizuka asked, her eyes lighting up.

"That's correct. Now how would you all like to come live in the palace with me and my family?"

"Would we get mommies and daddies?" Mai asked.

Kelal nodded and the room erupted in cheers.

Yami sat in the counsel meeting bored to death as he listened to the old men go on and on about something. He looked over to Seth and saw that he too was about to fall asleep.

Yami thought for sure that he was going to die from boredom when Bakura burst through the door.

"I apologize for the intrusion Pharaoh but we have a slight problem that requires your help."

"Very well. I'm sorry gentlemen but we'll have to continue this meeting another time." Yami then stood up and left the room with Seth following.

"So what is this slight problem?" Seth asked.

"This is the slight problem." Bakura said as they entered one of the rooms to see Kelal, Crystal, Marik, and Malik surrounded by children.

"What are all these children doing here?" Yami asked drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Daddy!" Yugi squealed as he ran over to Yami and hugged him. "Meet my new friends, they're going to live with us." He said pointing at Honda, Mai, Mokuba, and Shizuka who were all huddled together afraid at what the Pharaoh might do to them.

"Who told you that?" Yami asked his son.

"Mommy did. Can they stay pwease?" Yugi asked looking up at Yami with big sad puppy eyes and pouty lips.

"She did huh?" Yami asked looking at his wife who was giving him the same look as his son. 'Now I know where he gets that look from.' Yami thought to himself. "Yugi why don't you, Jou, and Ryou take the other children to the play room while Uncle Seth, Uncle Bakura, and I talk to your mother and Aunt Crystal. Marik and Malik would you please keep an eye on them?" Yami asked.

"Okay daddy." Yugi grinned and left with his friends.

Once the children, Malik, and Marik left the room Yami turned and looked at his wife and sister with a not so happy look on his face. "What were you thinking telling those children they can come live in the palace?"

"I was thinking that those children deserve to have parents and live in a house that doesn't look like it's going to collapse any minute and not have to worry about having to steal food just to survive. That's what I was thinking."

"What happened to their parents?" Seth asked.

"Their parents were all killed." Crystal said.

"That's terrible. Pharaoh I know it's not my place to tell you what to do but I think that you should let those four children stay here and not sent them back out there." Bakura said voicing his opinion.

Yami stood there and thought for a minute. "You do have a point but who would we put them with?"

"Well I was thinking that they could live with us." Kelal said looking at her husband with a pleading look on her face.

Yami sighed knowing it was useless to argue with her. "Very well, but before you go and tell them we should talk about who will stay with who."

End Flashback

As the first rays of the sun appeared in the sky Seto woke up and looked around the room to see that he was the first to wake. Knowing it was useless to try and fall back to sleep he just laid there and thought about the dream he had.

The more he thought about it the more he decided to chalk it up to a weird dream caused by the movie they watched last night.

Seto was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he failed to realize that he was no longer the only person awake.

"After all these years you're still an early morning riser." Kayla laughed softly as she looked over at her brother.

"What can I say old habits die hard." Seto smirked.

Kayla saw that look and knew what it meant. "Okay spill it. What are you thinking about so early in the morning?"

"Can't get anything past you now can I?"

"Nope. Now are you going to talk or do I have to force you?" She asked with a gleam of mischief gleaming in her eyes.

"Nah I'll talk, don't want to wake the others yet." He chuckled. "I had this really strange dream last night but for some reason it feels like it really happened."

"Why don't you tell me what the dream was about?"

Seto explained in detail of what he had dreamt as he followed Kayla into the kitchen.

"I had a similar dream like that last night as well but I'm just chalking it up to the movie we watched last night. I mean that movie did deal with Egypt and past lives."

"Yeah that's what I was thinking. So why are we in the kitchen?"

"So we can talk without waking the others."

"Speaking of the others wouldn't it be funny if we took a picture of the group sleeping? Who knows maybe we can use it for blackmail." Seto smirked with a small glint of mischief shining in his eyes.

"Seto Kaiba I'm surprised you would do that to your own brothers." Kayla stated pretending to be shocked.

"Oh don't act like little miss innocent. You'd do the same thing if you had the chance."

Kayla just stared at him before speaking. "There's a camera in the front pocket of my bag that's in the hallway."

Seto left the kitchen only to return moments later with the camera. "Here ya go sis." He said handing her the Polaroid camera.

"Nah-uh it was your idea so you take the picture squirt."

"I told you I'm too tall for you to call me squirt."

"And I told you that I don't care how tall you get I can still call you squirt if I want to."

"Why don't you call Yugi squirt I mean he is short enough."

"You leave Yugi alone, besides I already have a nickname for him remember? I call him little prince."

Seto just glared at her. "You know if you weren't my sister…"

"I love you too." Kayla grinned. "Now why don't you go take that picture while I start making breakfast."

Seto grinned again as he proceeded with his mission.

S.A.P.: Wow 11 pages long

Marik: I can't believe you had Seto do that to us

S.A.P.: What can I say I thought it would be funny

Malik: Yeah but why did it have to be Seto why couldn't you pick someone else like me or Marik?

Seto: Oh stop your whining before I show anyone the picture that I hold in my hand *waves picture in front of the group *

Bakura: Quick get the picture from him

*Everyone starts chasing Seto around the room*

S.A.P.: Well while their trying to catch Seto please read and review