Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Powerful Bonds ❯ A Fallen Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Helteage: I can not believe I wrote this

Kaiba: Nor can I

Hiyami: You need sleep

Amethyst: I say that's what we do. Have a sleep over

Helteage: ………….

Kaiba: -_-` I don't think she heard you

Amethyst: Who's gunna do the disclaimers?

Mokuba: I will!

Hiyami: Go ahead!

Mokuba: Helteage does not own Yugioh. Hiyami and Helteage belong to her, Amethyst belongs to Moonauthor and Aka is a nickname Helteage came up with for Yami Bakura.

Amethyst: She pays you, doesn't she?

Mokuba: Yep!

Kaiba: WHAT?!

Hiyami: Calm down and let's get on with the fic. Okay?!

Kaiba: *nods*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

/Yugi/

//Yami//

+Ryou+

-Aka-

*Helteage*

**Hiyami**

`everyone else'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

A young girl sat in a tree, watching as eight friends sat ate and chatted happily.

She sighed.

Angelic wings folded up. She stood and quickly went through the trees before she took flight, to make sure no one saw her. Soon she vanished out of sight.

A young man, however, did spot her. He stood; large leathery and scaly wings emerged from his back.

He shook his head and then disappeared in a burst of flames.

~*~Girl's POV~*~

I sat on my cloud, wishing I hadn't gone down to Earth.

I was an angel and angels were supposed to correct the wrongs on the Earth. I, for some strange reason, wanted to be apart of the wrongs.

Heaven was a paradise. Everyone was kind and pure. The gods and goddesses watched over us, making sure no one went astray.

I was a warrior, who promised to protect the heavens from Akephalos, the demon god. Now I wasn't sure I wanted to, anymore.

I loved paradise but something was missing. I wanted to be human again.

~*~Boy's POV~*~

I flew around, looking over the flames that many souls had been condemned to. I hated to hear their screams of agony and sorrow.

I was a demon warrior, trained to fight the gods. Akephalos, the demon god, had a score to settle with Amun-Ra and none of us dared to get in his way, although I don't remember how many times I wanted to. That was his problem, not mine.

He dragged many demons to war, none of which made it back.

I know I shouldn't have gone to Earth but it felt right. I felt empty down here, like something was missing. I wanted my life back.

~*~Third Person POV~*~

~Duelist Kingdom~

Yami was walking beside Yugi, who was looking up, at the sky.

/Yami?/

//Yes, Aibou?//

/Do you think Helteage is happy where she's at?/

//She was a pure soul so she is with the gods. I am sure of it.//

/I miss her/

//We all do, aibou, we all do//

Yami pulled Yugi into an embrace. Amethyst looked down at the ground. Ryou wrapped his arms around her small waist, knowing exactly how she felt.

"Come on, guys! Dey wouldn' want us ta be sad!" Joey said. He was choking up inside, despite his attempts to cheer everyone else up.

"Joey's right, Aibou. She wouldn't want us to be sad for the rest of our lives," Yami told his light, although he was feeling just as bad.

An angelic figure sat in a tree above them, choking back sobs. "I miss you all, too," she whispered. A single tear fell down her cheek. She threw a feather, from one of her wings, down and then disappeared.

Yugi picked up the feather.

Yami smiled. "She's watching over you"

They continued on, hoping to see their lost friend.

~Meanwhile~

The demon boy sat by the ocean.

"This is pathetic!" he yelled at himself. "I am supposed to hate this land, it's inhabitants and everything that guards it! So why do I feel this way?!"

"Because you are not ready to let it go," came a voice.

He turned to spot a young woman wearing Egyptian robes. She has white hair and piercing silver eyes.

"Mage," the boy whispered.

"Yes. I have been watching you, young Kaiba."

"Have you come to mock me?!"

"No. I have come to help you."

"Well, go away! I don't need or want your help!"

"You presume I'm giving you a choice in the matter. You must stand up to Akephalos. He's planning on attacking Sanctuary.

"And I care because? I'm a demon, remember? I'm supposed to do evil things."

"If he captures Sanctuary, then his next target will be the Earth!"

"And?"

"He'll destroy all of the angels!"

"Look, that sounds like a job for you sages. I will follow my orders and if I must attack Sanctuary, then so be it."

He flapped his large wings and flew off, into the forest.

He stopped in a clearing, where he seen a young girl, laying there, bleeding from where arrows had entered her wings and other wounds.

"An angel," he said.

He walked over to her. She looked familiar, but he couldn't remember from where.

Her blonde hair was tinted with red from the blood from her wounds that seeped into the ground around her.

He kneeled down next to her and was preparing to brush her bangs from her face, when he stopped himself.

`She's an angel! Why do I care that she's hurt?! We're enemies! But I feel like I know her….'

He felt sorry for the fallen angel and proceeded to take care of her wounds. He pulled out the arrows from her wings, five in all, there from her left and two from her right. On closer inspection, he noticed that they were demon weapons. "The demons have already begun the attack," he whispered.

He bandaged up her wounds and lit a fire. It was getting late and he wanted to find out what happened at Sanctuary.

~With Yugi and the others~

"Do you think she's alright, Yami?" Yugi asked his dark, as they set up camp for the night.

"Of course, Aibou. Why do you ask?"

"It may sound silly, but I got a feeling something bad has happened."

"Don't worry. You just need some rest."

Aka, on the other hand, disagreed. Although Hiyami was in the Shadow Realm, they still had a bond and from the news he received, it wasn't good.

-Are you sure?-

**The demons here are excited. Akephalos and other evil gods must be attacking Sanctuary. I have a bad feeling about Helteage too. Kaiba's out there, you know.**

-But they love each other-

**They don't remember. When a soul becomes an angel or a demon, they forget who their loved ones are on the opposing side.**

-What can we do?-

**Pray…………**

"I'll go get some firewood," Amethyst told the others. "I'll go with you!" Ryou volunteered. "Stay here. I'll be fine," she replied, walking off.

She came to a clearing, where a fire was lit and a form was laying next to it, it's face illuminated by the glow of the flames.

"Helteage?" Amethyst asked, walking toward the sleeping angel.

Her eyes filled with tears of joy when she noticed that it was her lost friend. "Helteage! Wake up!" she told her friend, shaking her roughly.

She put the sleeping figure into a sitting position, now noticing her bandaged wings.

Kaiba had returned and spotted Amethyst. "Kaiba! I knew you were alive!" she exclaimed, leaving Helteage and walking over to Kaiba.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, coldly.

"I was looking for firewood."

"Well, get out of here."

"I want you two to come back with me. I can get the boys and we can take her to our camp-," she tried to tell him.

"That angel isn't going anywhere until she answers some questions! Then I'll kill her."

"This is Helteage-," she began.

"I wouldn't care if it was Osiris!"

"But-!"

"Go and don't say a word to the others, otherwise, Ryou will be my next target."

Amethyst forgot about the wood and ran back to the campsite.

"Stupid humans," he muttered.

The angel was awake now and struggled to stand, but was unable to do that. She tried to fly but found that she couldn't do that, either.

"You wouldn't want to put anymore strain on that body, until you recover."

The angel gasped, noticing that a demon sat next to her and backed away.

He chuckled. "You do not have to be afraid of me. I'm not here to hurt you. I just want some answers."

"Akephalos sent you, didn't he?!" Her crimson orbs were filled with many emotions; confusion, anger, sorrow, pain, alarm. They were all shown clearly.

"No. I helped you on my own free will."

"Why?! That isn't the nature of a demon," she replied suspiciously.

"I don't know exactly. Now answer me this. Why were you down here pierced with demon arrows?"

"Apep and Akephalos sent out a wave of demons." She growled. "If they take over Sanctuary, then it's all over!"

She gripped the grass and pulled it out to help relieve some of her anger.

"I thought angels didn't hold hate in their hearts."

"We do when it comes to lowly creatures like you who try and take everything over!" she spat.

Kaiba growled and stood up. "I think that's enough questioning for today! Say hello to Osiris for me!" He yelled, raising his hand to call on his sword.

Helteage, too, called on her sword but also a horn. "The demons will fall by the hands of the gods!" She began to glow a bright white, her figure disappearing in the blinding light.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Hiyami: How is it?

Helteage: I still can't believe I did that…..

Kaiba: And to me too!

Amethyst: Sleep does wonders

Yami: Should it keep going?

Aka: Or should it come to a dead end?

Hiyami: R&R! Suggestions are always welcome!