Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ Please Save My Bleeding Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, without further ado here's chapter 2 of Puppy Love. Whatever happened to the dog? Well in this chapter you'll soon find out. Animal Lovers come forth.

Thanks to shadowbakura for beta reading this for me!

Puppy Love

Chapter 2: Please Save My Bleeding Heart


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it. Samuel Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anzu and Ai soon arrived at the veterinary hospital. There were two vets standing there at the table. The white dog was still laying a top the table, still in the same position as it was when they found it. The poor animal seemed like nothing more then a lifeless hull.

One of the vets, Dr. Yamamoto, was checking the dog's heart rate.

Anzu looked at the animal with a worried face. She dared not to speak. She was afraid of the result. It was always sad for her to see an animal die; it was the hardest part of any case. She wore a worried expression on her face.

Ai finally asked the question, "How is he?"

One of the vets shook her head and Dr, Yamamoto turned to Anzu and Ai, taking the stethoscope off of his ears and putting it around his neck.

"He's not going to make it, he's already fading."

"Guess we came all too late." Ai sighed.

Ai had always been so serious; she seemed unmoving and never cried during any death or case where the animal is near death. She seemed to be all about business. She took her work very serious and had always strove to do and be the best in her field. Anzu had often wondered why she was in the ASPCA and not in the Precinct, where she could make arrests and be more active.

Anzu glanced at the dog, who lay there in the same position. His eyes were opened. Those sad, lonely eyes, full of sorrow and suffering. Once in his life, he had been a happy dog, once he had someone who loved him, but now he lay there alone, with no one.

Anzu turned around. She couldn't bear to see him like that. She felt so helpless, though the vets had done every possible thing they could to help. Dr. Yamamoto told Ai and Anzu that though they could not save the big white dog, the smaller dog had no problems other then malnutrition. They would get her back to shape and hopefully someone would adopt her. Anzu was really glad to hear that.

"Just goes to show you, where there is grief, there's also triumph." Ai smacked Anzu on the back in a friendly manner.

Anzu jolted forward bit and her hat flew down into her eyes. She lifted it with one hand and straightened it on her head.

"Yeah," She responded, happy to hear some good news.

She turned to Ai, "Well, let's go. What else is on the agenda?"

Ai responded. "Next there's a house with some birds in it. From what I've been told, the neighbors were also complaining because of rats. This man is believed to be a bird collector of sorts and has over 50 birds."

"Guess we'd better get over there and see what's going on, but I'm not counting this case closed yet, something has to be done." Anzu exclaimed.

"Well officials have gotten in contact with the boy's mother. She's being charged with animal cruelty, surprisingly; she is being very cooperative and understanding."

"Well, that's always good." Anzu responded.

"Well, looks like we have some work ahead of us." Ai tipped her hat. "Anzu, go and get some of those bird boxes."

"Right."

Anzu went to get the cardboard fold out bird boxes, walking past the emaciated dog, which was now dead on the table. She tried her best to ignore it as she walked past. Things like this weren't supposed to get to humane officers like that, but she couldn't help it. She couldn't help but to feel sorry for the dog and for what he must have suffered.

She grabbed the boxes and folded them out. She and Ai decided to take the van this time, so they could haul all of the birds safely and not have to call for backup and wait for them to meet them there.

"Well, it's time to go." Ai told Anzu, "Let’s just hope this will end up being a case closed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3- A Feathery Fury

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

~~~~~~~~~~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Why isn't anyone besides my friends reading this? T_T I'm going to cry... If this does have a lot of reviews by the time this goes on, then omit the last part. Anyway R&R and it will get reviews earlier!