Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ Feathery Fury and The Brown Dog ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello all, I’m so surprised at the number of reviews I’ve had for this fic. It’s more then any other fic I’ve ever written. Thank you all so much!! I love you guys! Just for that you all get another chapter of Puppy Love.

This chapter is separated by parts, because two different events happen here.

Puppy Love

Chapter 3: A Feathery Fury

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Anzu and Ai drove down the busy streets of the city looking for the appropriate house. They turned around the bustling corner of the quaint little street and pulled into the driveway of the old, abandon light blue house.

The wood seemed old and semi rotted. They both stepped out of the car and approached the door. Anzu gave it a few formal knocks. There was no answer. It appeared that no one was at home.

Anzu turned the doorknob and the door came right open. She and Ai walked through the house, it indeed had been abandon. They could hear the soft songs of the birds and the crunching of things. they could also hear the flapping of wings as they flew across the room.

Though they could hear the birds, they couldn’t see them within the confines of the house. This confused the pair and caused them to look all around the house, in every room to try and find our feathered friends.

Anzu walked down the hall, there was a place for a door, but a plywood sheet laid over the space, blocking whatever was in the room from everyone’s view. Anzu kicked the plywood sheet in and stood back. She then walked slowly into the room. What she saw was quite a sight.

Birds everywhere!

Birds on top of the cages, in the cages, on the shelf, on the floor...

Some of the smaller birds flew past Anzu, she ducked for cover to avoid being hit by the feathery projectiles.

“I found them!” Anzu exclaimed.

“Ok.”

Ai entered the room. She was quite surprised to see so many avians squawking all in unison. She felt something light and furry go across her foot at great speed. She glanced down and saw a few bags of bird seed laying in the corner Along with the bird seed, some little furry puff balls.

Mice!

“Ugh.” Ai said under her breath.

It was true, mice were the only thing that Ai couldn’t stand. Anzu saw the look of dismay on Ai’s face. She seemed quite disturbed by the furry nun senses.

“You ok?” She asked.

“Fine. I‘ll get the cages.” She turned to exit the room.

When she got out of the doorway, she turned back to her comrade. “ You stay here while I get the stuff.”

“Right.”

Ai walked outside. She opened up the back of the van and grabbed several cardboard boxes and nets, also a couple pairs of gloves, so the sharp beaks and talons of the birds wouldn’t pierce the skin.

She re-entered the building and unwillingly reentered the room. She handed Anzu the net and some gloves.

Time to go to work!

They dashed around the room, trying to catch the clever birds. They dispersed around the room, some flew out of the room and into the hall way. They were frantic to get out. Ai and Anzu rushed around, trying to gather as many as they could. They went running down the hall after the escapees.

As Ai walked around, looking out for any low flying birds, she could hear something crunch under her feet. She had stepped on a mouse ad her face lit up with disgust yet again.

Those little things were everywhere!

After a few hours of falling, tripping, jumping, reaching, grabbing, running and netting, they finally got all of the feathery fliers and packed them safely into the makeshift cardboard cages.

They took the 7 cardboard boxes of birds out into the back of the van.

They had to load the bigger birds, such as Macaws, Cockatoos and other large parrots into the big cages.

They hopped into the van and drove back to the ASPCA. They had the birds checked by the vet. The results were good. They would take care of them and nurse them back to health. They were suffering from malnutrition. After that, they would find them loving homes.

Yet another case closed! Anzu was delighted that none of the birds had to be immunized.

 

 

 

 

Part II

The Brown Dog

 

 

Another assignment came up. There was a report of an injured dog laying in a garage. They loaded up the ASPCA van and drove over to the house, which was inhabited by a person.

They were greeted by a man who was standing on the porch, waiting for them to arrive. He was lean and had gray frizzled hair. He dressed simply, in a white T-shirt and blue, torn off jeans. Ai walked up to the man and began to listen to his story.

“ I heard a gunshot, and I saw the dog run around the corner. She ran into my garage and she’s just laying there right now, I don’t know who she belongs to, my best guess is that she is a stray.”

“Could you show me where she is?” Ai asked.

“Sure, follow me.”

The three walked around the garage. they spotted the big brown dog laying there. She had medium length, thick fur and she had floppy jaws and ears that resembled those of a pit bull. Her coat was a golden brown adorned with black hairs which gave her a frosted look. Her leg looked serious and almost mangled from the shot. The blood was gushing from her leg. She wagged her tail, but laid there, unable to move.

Ai snapped some pictures to put on file. Ai and Anzu made a make-shift stretcher out of a white sheet and laid it by the dog, then they lifted the dog onto the stretcher and carried it back to the van. They laid her down gently in the back.

They went back and conversed with the man. Since they had no idea of who committed such a crime, it would make the case harder to solve. They would have to investigate further.

Hopefully they would find the offender and apprehend him for his deeds.

For now, they decided to take the dog back to the vet and have them check her out. They got back in the squad car and headed back to the ASPCA. Another case closed for the team of girls, but now they had to hope they could save the injured dog.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4: The Brown Dog’s Injuries

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true. -

John Lilly

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Finally, getting into the action and they storyline. Those chapters before were to give all of you insight on what the ASPCA is all about. The next chapter will be about the dogs injuries and hopefully there will be some Anzu/Yugi action!

Sorry for not updating sooner, my computer was down. This fic will get updated again, as soon as I get more reviews.