Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ The Brown Dog's Injuries ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go with chapter 4!!! I’m really surprised at the reviews I am getting from this fic. Thanks all, your all so sweet. Now, time for the brown dogs injuries!!

Puppy Love

Chapter 4: The Brown Dog’s Injuries

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true. -

John Lilly  

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anzu walked in the doorway to the room with the vet. The brown dog was on the check-up table being examined by a couple of vets. Anzu walked up to the vets and asked them if the brown dog was all right. The vet’s response was a mixture of happy and grave at the same time.

 

The bullet had went through the dog’s leg and shattered a major joint. The dog’s leg would have to be amputated. Anzu frowned. However, they were able to save the dog’s life, she would have to go through therapy.

 

Anzu was relieved, now it was her job to find someone who could take care of the dog until they could find a suitable home for her. The person who had the dog at their house would have to introduce the dog to many different situations, to make sure it could be adopted.

 

She figured she would go and ask a few friends. She wanted someone responsible, so Jou would be out of the question. She had a while to figure out what who she wanted the dog to go with.

 

She was off Saturday, and decided to go to the Turtle to see Yugi and his grandfather. They sat around one of the tables and drank tea together. They started off with idle chit chat. They eventually got to talking about Anzu’s job.

 

Anzu had mentioned the brown dog and her predicament. Yugi came up with a great idea.

 

“How about I take care of her when the operation’s over. I’m sure grandpa wouldn’t mind!” Yugi said happily.

 

“Are you sure?” Anzu asked.

 

“Of course!”

 

“That would be great!!” Anzu told him. “I’ll call you when I get a confirmation.”

 

“Thanks Anzu, you’re the best.”

 

*******************************************

 

Anzu went about the rest of the day, she had finally had someone who would give the dog good care. Yugi was the perfect one!! He was kind and very responsible. If he forgot, his yami would probably remind him. Yugi was also very charitable as well. He always wanted to do good, or do the right thing and help people out in their time of need.

 

Anzu was happy knowing she had a trusting friend, someone she could count on.

 

********************************************

&nb sp;

The week slowly passed and Monday came around. Anzu soon returned to work, curious about the brown dog’s recovery. She had had an operation over the weekend, and she had hoped she was going to be all right.

 

They went back to the room with all of the patients in cages and they opened the brown dog’s cage door. She wasn’t able to walk yet. She would have to be re-taught how to walk on three legs instead of four.

 

Anzu petted the dog, who they had called Ginger. Ginger wagged her tail and was happy to see Anzu. Anzu gave her a few comforting words. Ai hadn’t been there, she was on another mission of animal cruelty.

 

Anzu decided to take the dog over to Yugi’s house. She loaded up the dog into the back of one of the squad cars and began to drive to Yugi’s house. She began to think about how Yugi and the dog would react to each other.

 

So far, Ginger seemed really friendly towards everyone. She didn’t seem like a viscous animal during the course of time that they had had her at the ASPCA.

 

She stopped at a stop sign in the town she had been passing through. She glanced behind her and saw the three-legged dog in the back. She seemed content, laying in the back seat, panting happily with her canine smile.

 

She was happy now. She was being cared for and was on her way to a happy life.

 

Anzu smiled at her three-legged companion. She felt warm inside to be helping a creature of great need.

 

She almost wished that she could take Ginger home with her, but she knew that she couldn’t. She was never home, and she always had to do things for the ASPCA, and on the weekends, she was doing things like seeing her friends and going shopping.

 

She knew the dog was much better off with Yugi and his grandpa. She would have great care, a loving temporary home, and she would be exposed to people, making her ready for adoption.

 

She drove up into the driveway and hopped out of the car. She went and gave a few swift knocks on the door. Yugi answered.

 

“Hello? Oh Anzu, it’s you.”

 

“Hi Yugi. I have the dog in the back.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Her name is Ginger. She’s kind of big, so you’ll have to get your grandpa to help unload her.”

 

“Ok.”

 

Yugi and his grandpa unloaded the dog and put her in a bed at the turtle. She was seated in the corner of the card counter. She laid there and wagged her tail at the upcoming guests that went through the door.

 

“She looks happy here.” Yugi said after a while. “I hope she’ll be all right.”

 

“I’ll come over every once in a while and check on her. How about that?”

 

“All right. That would be great!” Yugi smiled at his friend.

 

“Grandpa and I will take great care of her until you can find her a home.” He smiled.

 

Ginger laid in the corner, looking happily at her new found home. Every once in a while, some duelists would walk by and pet her and give her gentle words.

 

Soon it came time for Anzu to leave. She got into her car and drove off, never forgetting the sight of the happy dog in the corner of the turtle. She had saved her life, though they are still trying to find out what person caused such a beautiful and lovable dog to loose her limb.

 

Anzu drove away, filled with happiness.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 5: The Beginning of the Healing Process

I think that I shall never see
a billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

- Unknown

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

There is chapter 4. Well, I’ve got some of the Yugi/Anzu things going on, now the next chapter will definitely have more of the pairing. I can’t believe all of the reviews I am getting!! Thank you, thank you all so very much!!!

 

Please keep reading and reviewing!!

 

R&R!!!

 

< b>